Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

Victoria ... Join us on the weekly discussion thread, great motivation there....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 163/158/147

Height: 173cm - 5'8.5

I think featherweights should be renamed - it's newbie central! I'm another one ... doing well currently, and hoping my motivation stays high.
pink pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hello,

I just signed up and I am looking for somewhere to say hi. Though I am not exactly light as a feather I am hoping to find a home here.

Really I only have 10lbs to loose and then another 10lbs from my first kid and another 10 from my second. Well it kind of adds up. All those feathers turn into one big turkey.

I tend to neither gain nor loose easily. If I diet I tend to keep it off (unless I get pregnant then I pack on the pounds big time) but I am really good at quitting after the first 10lbs so I am hoping that sticking around here will keep me motivated until I am in a more comfortable range.

My daughter really likes the dancing carrot! I think we should get him to do his very own excercise video.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
All those feathers turn into one big turkey.
Ain't that the truth

hikerchick
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'2

Default New to Featherweight from Tx

Hello, I would like to intoduce myself. Iam Missy. I have quite a few pounds to lose. I luv this website. It has inspired me to get back on my diet and start exercising again. Thanks to all.
missy25tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #66  

Smile 10 lbs to lose, a healthy lifestyle to gain

Hello all,

I'm so glad to have found featherweights. i just joined this week and i felt awkward at first because i'm really not looking to lose much weight i'm really trying to healthy because i don't like to excercise and i have very bad eating habits. I'm really lacking motivation and i hope i can find the motivation and support that i need right here.
Thanks for listening
canadianchick8219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #67  
Marls!

S/C/G: 136/135/106

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum.... I love that the whole site has a great sense of humor and I feel like it will be very supportive even if I only have a little 30 pounds or so..... :-)
blackhairedblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #68  

Hi, I am so glad that I finally found Featherweights because although I don't have a lot to lose, it is a constant struggle and I feel a lot of anxiety about food some days. I used to be quite heavy and most people don't believe it. I went through 3 back to back pregnancies and brought my weight down every time, so I know I can do it. I gain the same 10 pounds every winter. I usually lose it by August. I don't like this and I don't like to have to constantly think about what I eat and where and when and why. I would like to be free of worrying about weight but I know if I did, I would gain!
I am always the happiest when I am at around 135 and I am 5'8". Now I know I am up around 143. I hate getting on the scales...I confess to being almost phobic about them. If I get on and I am more than I think I am, I get quite upset with myself and I know that isn't healthy. Also, trying to lose 7 lbs is so hard. Its not like when I had a lot more to lose, then the weight really comes off if you are vigilant. But not now. I can work for 3 weeks just to get off 1 pound.
So, that is why I really wanted to get this emotional support because I am in this body for a long time (I hope) and I want to feel comfortable in it all the time and stop feeling so stressed about my weight.
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #69  

Can anyone in Featherweights tell me how to put the scale indicator on the bottom of the message? I think it would help me if I could get one too!
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #70  
Ilene the Bean

suerose
... I agree that it's totally difficult to lose the last few pounds, it seems like I've been working at them for ages, but together we can do this!!

For the weight tracker: Go to the top of this page to "User CP" then on that page on the left go to "Edit Signature", the weight tracker is right there...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 160/150

Default Newbie

I'm so glad I found this site - its the 1st website I found that had a 'featherweight' section.
I used to play volleyball in college and since I graduated I have had a lot of trouble staying in shape - with out a coach yelling at me all the time . I have 10lbs. to loose and I would like to get back into shape. Can't wait to discover more on this website!
Jules1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 136/136/110

Height: 5'2

Default My first post!

Hi! I am a longtime lurker, and decided this morning to join you all in finding support and encouragement, since I haven't been able to provide this for myself. I come from a family of LARGE women, all of whom lived as willowy petites until about 35. I'm 31, and trying to head that off at the pass! In addition, my mom is a member of oa, and I have recently noticed in myself a tendency toward binge and overeating. I have been hanging on to the same 10 pounds for at least a year, and want them to go instead of serving as building blocks for a potential future gain. I also suffer from sometimes debilitating depression, and as of a month ago began exercising even though I never feel like it. This is my step 2- really noticing how I am feeling about my extra weight and taking real steps to address it, instead of just beating myself up about it without taking any action. I am glad to have found you all and look forward to sharing!
washati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Default Hi!!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kylie and I've been hanging around the site for a couple weeks now. Everyone is just amazing and I know my recent success is due in large part to the support I've gotten here.

In terms of background, what led up to me coming here was a bunch of Christmas pictures ("I look like THAT?!") and a desire to clean out my closet. I want to give away the "fat" wardrobe and even the "balancing on the edge" wardrobe and be able to wear the stuff that I actually like and feel good in.

I'm learning more about myself and the things that will make me successful long term. I also post on the Woman (and Men) Who Lift group.

Nice to meet, y'all.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 AM   #74  

Height: 5ft6"

Hi... I have been around a few of the other forums a bit but I am definately new to this one. I think this is a wonderful idea for a forum and I am excited to join. My goal is to lose around 35 pounds to put me at 125 pounds. I remember being at that weight in high school and it was such a great feeling. I am really looking forward to the day when I can say all my hard work has paid off. I hope to see you all around!
Mesilla
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #75  
Ilene the Bean

Mesilla