Welcome, Featherweights!

You're on Page 8 of 38
Go to
  • stephuk, curseofcurves, Vanilla Pith
  • Hi, someone referred me to this forum. I have a medium amount of weight that I would like to lose: 20 pounds. I don't know if that makes me a featherweight (I don't feel like one) but there you have it. I'm 5'9'' and 160 pounds...my goal weight is 140, which I think is pretty realistic. I'm glad this forum exists because I am tired of being shot down by people who tell me "you don't need to lose any weight." I feel like I could tone up my muscle and lose fat and shed extra pounds, and I'm here for tips and support! So far I've been very impressed by everything I've seen here...I'm going to keep posting as this appears to be a very positive place!

--Minerva
  • Minerva you certainly do belong with us Featherweights!!
  • Hey! I'm not new to 3FC, but I'm definitely new to being a featherweight. I only have 14 more pounds to lose before I'm DONE with WEIGHT LOSS As my ticker says, I want to weight 125 and I currently weigh 139. These last few pounds are a bh, too.
  • NightengaleShane
  • Just joined 3FC yesterday and I think this is the place for me (having trouble negotiating the different threads/forums)! I have been maintaining since last December and need a push to drop a bit of weight. My goal loss is 12 lbs and I am trying to do it by running every other day with my dog (vs hitting the snooze button an extra 3 or 4 times!) and following a modified Atkins diet (I've never actually done Atkins, but I am trying to avoid bad carbs and sticking mainly to protein, fruit, veggies and dairy) - so far so good - one pound lost so far (well it would count as a full pound if I didn't have a darned digital scale)! I am also trying to scale back my alcohol intake - I am one to have a drink or two every night after work/with dinner. Hopefully combining those three things and having all of you to keep me on track will help me achieve my goal by Christmas. Well - that's my story. Any tips you have would be great - I am going to try to find some other posts that might be helpful too (I am looking for a Friday weigh-in group).

Happy losing and have a great day!
  • Canajun Chick
  • It's great to find a forum like this... everyone has a unique type of body, so weights really just become numbers; it's about finding the most healthy "setting" for your own body regardless of where the weight ranges fall. I hope to check back here often. :-) It's great seeing so much supportiveness!
  • New here
    Hi there, I'm new to 3FC. I'm glad to have found this section. Lets see... I'm a stressed-out grad student living in Los Angeles with a very patient boyfriend. For the past two years I've been spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere with my weight loss goals. I have been at 107 lbs for months now, and despite my efforts, the scale won't budge. I'm inconsistent with my diet and my exercise, I know. A lot of the times, I "undo" all my exercise with binge eating at night, while I'm studying. Night eating is truly my biggest weakness! I want to get down to 100 lbs by January 2008. I haven't seen that number in years, and 7 lbs makes a big difference on short ones like me!
  • Hi all!! I've been on 3FC before but I've now "come back" to try again!! I really would love to lose about 15 pounds. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I hate my body like this and I'm trying to really hard to get down. It's mosetly in my belly (3 kids doesn't help!)
    Anyhoo, HELLO!!!!!
  • Hi there!! I'm new... lol... I want to lose the my last 12lbs. I started my diet 4 days ago. I'm having a good time with it. I'm taking it slowly. I'm just burning 300 extra cals with exersize and eating around 1200 - 1500 cals a day. I cant wait to weight myself and see this week's results. I have an easy time dieting. It comes very natural to me, somehow... maybe cause I've been doing it most of my life. But this time, I'm doing it with a very positive attitude and I think its making all the difference in the world.
    happy losing, peeps!!
  • Greetings and salutations! I'm very happy to find this group. I have about 10-13 pounds to go and they are agonizing! It's going soooo slooooowly.

I live in beautiful NH with my two fabulous dogs. I love to cook (and eat!), read, hike, run and generally be outside as much as possible. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this great group!

Veerie
  • Yay! I am so glad to have come across this thread! I really like this forum because it is so inspiring, the amount of weight everyone has been successful in losing. However, I never really felt like I belonged since I only have about 30-50lbs to lose. Sometimes those of us who only have a few pounds to lose need just as much support as those who need to lose 100!
  • New to the site
    Hello!
    I am a newbie and thrilled about the site. I have about 10-15 pounds to lose. Just weighed in this morning and feeling quite depressed. A little help from my friends could brighten my day.
    Thanks for listening/reading.
    Cathy
  • OMG Newbies, newbies everywhere!! one and ALL!!! We luvs newbies