Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #1  

Default When do you throw in the towel?

I'm struggling so much in what to do with these last ten pounds. I've briefly gotten down to my goal weight, but it took huge sacrifice, self-denial, determination...and even then I have so much loose skin from all the weight loss, it was like, well, this sucks...killed myself to get to 120, and I still don't look good naked. I've got a yucky saggy booty. And it's not like I wasn't exercizing. I was working out a ton, running, swimming, biking, strength training....still am.
So I'm working hard with my therapist on perfectionism and self-esteem issues. Trying to love myself and all that. I get it. My self-worth has improved, but dammit, I wanna have a cute *** but at 43 years old, two kids, 80 pounds gone, I just feel like I'll never be happy no matter what I do. I could have plastic surgery, I guess but the recovery time, the scars! (
Still, strangely driven to lose that last 10 to look better in clothes....but ugh, the sacrifice of nummy food. So, at what point do you throw in the towel and either blindly love yourself or face permament issues with figuring out how to get out of bed backwards so your boyfriend doesn't see your butt?!?!
Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm not a featherweight, and I'm nowhere near my last 10 lbs, but I was wondering if you've thought about maintaining where you are for a while. Maintenance will be critical anyway, so maybe take some time to evaluate if you feel comfortable where you are and practice?

Congrats on your loss, by the way!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #3  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

At 5'4", according to my doctor, you are supposed to weigh 120 lbs. Are you trying to get to 110 lbs for some reason?

Go to the gym and lift heavy weights, build muscle, and tone up. There are no quick fixes, just as there were no quick fixes for losing as much weight as you lost. Either you work at it, or you don't. Losing another ten pounds won't transform you into a model. If you have loose skin that may be surgery, you would have to consult a plastic surgeon.

If you give up now, you had better be okay with going back to 200 lbs. It's up to you. If you think 110 lbs will make you happy, you will reach 110 lbs, see the same hanging tush and say only 100 lbs will be good enough and you will be on your way to an eating disorder.

Last edited by JenFZ09; 11-23-2015 at 09:25 PM.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

The last 10 lbs I've upped my calories to just under maintenance to allow myself a semi break and just to allow the rest to "float" down. I use myfitnesspal app on my phone and just make sure my weekly calories are below my goal, and don't stress up days. I figure if I'm gonna live at this weight then I might as well get used to at least maintenance!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
I'm not a featherweight, and I'm nowhere near my last 10 lbs, but I was wondering if you've thought about maintaining where you are for a while. Maintenance will be critical anyway, so maybe take some time to evaluate if you feel comfortable where you are and practice?

Congrats on your loss, by the way!
Oh, thanks for the support! I meant to say I wanted to lose 10 lbs and get to 120 for my goal. Heavy weights are a good idea. Thanks again!
Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:56 AM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

At one time I got down to about 117 and it was just impossible to maintain. And, no, my body still wasn't perfect. Losing weight doesn't do everything. There are things that only genetics or maybe exercise (or possibly surgery) can do for you.

This time (yes, I regained it all and more), I made my goal to be at the top of the normal BMI range. I think I would actually like to be around where you are (133 pounds) or so, but I'm taking it slowly. I've maintained for about 4 months and am now slowly working on improving body composition and getting a little lower. But, if I get maintain it through happily eating in a sustainable way then I'm not going to do it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote