3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   April 2015 Featherweight Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/303320-april-2015-featherweight-chat.html)

Alexistrophic 04-03-2015 11:45 AM

April 2015 Featherweight Chat

March here.

"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." ~Hal Borland

~~~
Really grateful for all of you!!! Had a dicey last few weeks with the wedding, etc. but hoping to reset back to normal (or below) now.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. L - Looked amazing and was the most beautiful and chill bride ever. I have a few pics, but most are on facebook which I can't access b.c I gave it up for Lent (lol - which ends on Sunday).

Thank you to everyone who left comments.

Werks - Thank you so much for reaching out. :-) The wedding was incredible and such and amazing experience. Grateful to be back in ordinary time now, though.

same7
- I've seen myself do the same thing with monthly weigh-ins (log a few days, then drift away) I know that this site is SO incredibly valuable in helping me maintain/lose.

crunchymama - A belated congrats on the job at the day care!!! How exciting!!! Hoping they have a spot for your little one, soon.

Let's make it a fantastic month, everyone!!!!

HungerWerks 04-03-2015 05:46 PM

Alexis, I'm glad you had fun! Glad you're back, though, as you really add a lot of sunshine around here. :carrot:

I'm having a super-relaxing day. Made weight this morning, with no exercise, so that kind of sets the tone. It seems that organizing the weight loss has gone hand-in-hand with buckling down in other areas. My only complaint is that working out takes so much time! It's like two hours, with a proper warm-up and cool-down. One really can't fake their way through ANY part of the dieting process! :(

mottainai 04-04-2015 07:18 PM

Hey! I'm back, unfortunately not on good terms as far as weight loss goes. The last month has been crazy- I've got a difficult little baby here, and I found myself turning daily to buckets and buckets of junk food for comfort and solace from the stress of hours and hours of crying and screaming. She's settling down slowly as she gets older, but regardless, I really need to find a better habitual outlet for my stress. I have noooo idea what I weigh, don't wanna know! Just want to be a little healthier again.

Hope the rest of yall are well!!

Alexistrophic 04-05-2015 09:34 PM

Werks ~ Thank you so much! :D Really means a lot. Glad that weightloss is helping you buckle down in other areas, too. Would love to hear more...!

Mottainai ~ So glad that you're back! So tough with a little one, but as I've heard from people with small children "this won't last..." Hang in there!

~~~

Had a decent weekend, food-wise. Interestingly, watching youtube vids of people who have lost and kept off a significant amount of weight has been really inspiring. Even if the videos aren't about weight, hearing their thought process (which calories are worth it and which calories aren't, etc) is really interesting.

On Saturday, went on a roadtrip to a farmer's market up north then watched a movie at a friend's house.

Sunday (today) was Easter services. Went out for a brunch buffet to a fantastic restaurant in town w. my mom. Super-delicious food. Probably ate a bit past my comfort point, but was so worth it.

Trying to get my game face on for the week ahead.

Happy new week, everyone!!!

mottainai 04-06-2015 07:12 AM

Sounds like a nice weekend Alexistrophic!!

We didn't have much Easter- went out for fish and chips by the lake in the rain, haha. Next year!!

Got up the courage to weigh myself and was happily only 63 kg. that really seems to be my body's high point, it self-regulates back there time and again. Even after more than a month of probably 3000-4000-5000 calorie days every day, that's not so bad! Not that I'm proud of the way I've been eating, but anyway.

Stressful day today going out and doing my taxes, alone, in a foreign language foreign country, with a crazy screamy baby. So yeah bad eating day but it got me through the day so oh well! Tomorrow can be better.

HungerWerks 04-06-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5150361)
Hey! I'm back, unfortunately not on good terms as far as weight loss goes. The last month has been crazy- I've got a difficult little baby here, and I found myself turning daily to buckets and buckets of junk food for comfort and solace from the stress of hours and hours of crying and screaming. She's settling down slowly as she gets older, but regardless, I really need to find a better habitual outlet for my stress. I have noooo idea what I weigh, don't wanna know! Just want to be a little healthier again.

Hope the rest of yall are well!!

Mottainai! So glad to "see" you again! :carrot: God bless you and your precious Sarah. You have your priorities in the proper order, and you'll get to weight loss when it is the perfect time.

Do you feel like you're getting all your nutrient needs? Breastfeeding makes extra demands, so perhaps you are trying to get nutrients? I'm no doctor, but I don't think I got as much as I needed when I was breastfeeding, and would do things differently now. They have colostrum in tablet and powdered form - have you heard of that?

HungerWerks 04-06-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexistrophic (Post 5150604)
Werks ~ Thank you so much! :D Really means a lot. Glad that weightloss is helping you buckle down in other areas, too. Would love to hear more...!

Mottainai ~ So glad that you're back! So tough with a little one, but as I've heard from people with small children "this won't last..." Hang in there!

~~~

Had a decent weekend, food-wise. Interestingly, watching youtube vids of people who have lost and kept off a significant amount of weight has been really inspiring. Even if the videos aren't about weight, hearing their thought process (which calories are worth it and which calories aren't, etc) is really interesting.

On Saturday, went on a roadtrip to a farmer's market up north then watched a movie at a friend's house.

Sunday (today) was Easter services. Went out for a brunch buffet to a fantastic restaurant in town w. my mom. Super-delicious food. Probably ate a bit past my comfort point, but was so worth it.

Trying to get my game face on for the week ahead.

Happy new week, everyone!!!

Thank you for asking! ;) The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet is a successful system, for me, in a field where success is not that easy, so it makes me think, at least, that I can do other things well. Kind of a confidence builder! Specifically, I'm more organized around the house, and getting off my butt and getting things done. :carrot:

Went out for lunch with family, then to their house to watch "Exodus." It was kind of funny, because we were watching, going "Where is this in the Bible?" The son brought out his little "Golden Book of the Bible," and we compared the two. Nothing that we had seen was even in his book - we were an hour or more in and it hadn't gotten to anything super-recognizable, lol. There was a depiction of "God" as a little boy, which was strange. But, all in all, a fun holiday.

The week ahead will be interesting, as I had three up days in a row, including yesterday. Probably won't reach my goal weight - 109 straight up - until Saturday, with LOTS of exercise AND a fast day on Friday. Eeks! :fr:

Alexistrophic 04-07-2015 02:08 PM

Mottainai ~ Glad your weigh-in was pleasantly surprising. taxes alone ... with a little one... in a foreign country does not sound like fun. I taught abroad for 2.5 years and used to dread tax season.

Werks ~ That Exodus movie looked interesting on an artistic level (if kind of odd in terms of theology) Glad you had a good weekend. And thanks for posting that info about the ScMD. Really interesting! Just seems to make good sense.

~~~
I joined a 4th of July challenge on Myfitnesspal... Not sure how well I'll fare, but it helps to have some kind of time-based structure to keep me accountable. Have also been wanting to do a 30 day abs challenge. Now's the time before summer...

Have a meeting with a life coach tonight. Am inteerested to see where that goes.

Have a fantastic Tuesday, feathers!

crunchymama 04-09-2015 08:34 AM

Mottainai- my son always felt like such a fussy, screamy baby too. I ended up using a Boba wrap a lot to carry him around with me but give me two hands to get things accomplished. I don't know what they have by you, but friends of mine also recommend the Moby wrap and something called a Mai Tai carrier. I swear, it's not a drink

Alexis- I'll have to find the 4th of July Challenge. I use my Fitness Pal to calorie count. Mostly so that I don't eat too little. When I get obsessive, I start to cut calories.

It's a really good thing that I have 3FC because I totally would have jumped the diet ship this week. My caregiver said my son isn't adjusting and I have to find someone new by next Monday, then everyone I got in touch with couldn't work with the hours I needed and yesterday my caregiver cancelled on me and I don't have a back-up system in place and Wednesday is the one day that there is no room for him where I work, even for a day. So it has been a very emotional week, just after Easter weekend which was also a very busy, packed weekend. It's a big deal for a pastor's family- even if the pastor is my father-in-law, not my husband.

Although Easter was funny because I inadvertently wore the same outfit this year as I did for pictures last year and my sister-in-law was looking at last year's picture and then at me and noticed how "small" I seemed. Well, I'm 25 lbs lighter than I was a year ago!

That stopped me from reaching for more chocolate.

Alexistrophic 04-09-2015 08:59 AM

Crunchy ~ Sounds like a rough few days for you. Glad that you came on back here. :D Really like reading your posts. Re: your Easter outfit - It's amazing how you gain traction from little victories. So cool that people around you are noticing.

This is the July 4th challenge that I joined:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en...il-6th-sign-up

It's a pretty large challenge, so it would be great to know someone out there. My username is "focused5" if you want to friend up.

Make it a fabulous day, feather friends. :)

HungerWerks 04-09-2015 10:50 AM

CrunchyMama, I'm so sorry. I pray there will be a satisfactory resolution to the situation soon. That happened with my older daughter. She said she did not want to be at one particular center any longer, so we moved her immediately, and she was fine. :hug:

mottainai 04-11-2015 07:14 PM

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a nice Easter last weekend and a good week.

Crunchymama- Sorry to hear about the stuff with your son. I know just how difficult kids can be!! Hope you find another caregiver soon. I actually have an Ergo carrier, as those are the most popular here, and though my daughter doesn't like being in it long while awake I nurse and nap her in there for hours and hours every day! Not looking forward to her getting big and heavy...!

My weight loss is still stalled, but at the moment I'm just happy not gaining any more! I've got the rest of my life to lose the weight again, not going to obsess about getting it off super fast while I have enough trouble dealing with the baby. It does suck looking at old pictures and then current pictures, but again trying to remind myself that looking at them 20 years from now, all we'll see is my sweet baby and my happy smiles. The less I stress about being fat and dieting, the better chance I have of making good food decisions!

That said, I'm hoping to make this coming week a MAJORITY of no-binge days. So the days I'm busy and/or baby is in a good mood, I'm really going to try to not start eating out of just boredom. And my exercise goal will be to attempt pull-ups every day- I'm up to TWO underhand, instead of just one, so that's already progress!

crunchymama 04-12-2015 05:54 PM

mottainai- you're still doing better than I did. It took me nearly two years after my son's birth to get my eating habits under control! And that was just last October.

The child care situation has resolved itself, I hope. We interviewed with another caregiver Saturday and he had a good time while my husband and I were present and he was comfortable playing in a different room from us. I'm hoping this works for us, even just until July.

Question: has anyone ever done a Mudderella or a Mud Run? There's one nearby in October and I'm thinking that might be fun. My only thing is that I'm likely to be in my first trimester then, so I want to talk to my midwife before registering.

If anyone in the New England area is on this thread and expresses interest, I would be up for making a team. It would be an interesting way to meet. :) I also might ask a few of the women in my church who have done a Mudderella in the past

HungerWerks 04-13-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymama (Post 5152848)
mottainai- you're still doing better than I did. It took me nearly two years after my son's birth to get my eating habits under control! And that was just last October.

The child care situation has resolved itself, I hope. We interviewed with another caregiver Saturday and he had a good time while my husband and I were present and he was comfortable playing in a different room from us. I'm hoping this works for us, even just until July.

Question: has anyone ever done a Mudderella or a Mud Run? There's one nearby in October and I'm thinking that might be fun. My only thing is that I'm likely to be in my first trimester then, so I want to talk to my midwife before registering.

If anyone in the New England area is on this thread and expresses interest, I would be up for making a team. It would be an interesting way to meet. :) I also might ask a few of the women in my church who have done a Mudderella in the past

OHmigosh, I didn't realize you were expecting - congratulations! That is fabulous news! :broc: :carrot: :cb:

Glad the childcare situation seems to be resolved nicely. And I'd never heard of a "mud run," but it sounds like fun! :)

Alexistrophic 04-13-2015 04:32 PM

mottainai ~ Hurray for no gaining!!! That's amazing, even as you're living your life. Good job!!!

crunchymama ~ CONGRATS to you!!!!

Werks ~ Great big congrats to you for making weigh-in this week!!! At first I was a little bit envious, not gonna lie.. but then i was like ... me, too!!!! Working for it this week.

~~~

Was doing SO WELL on Saturday... then Sunday hit and... feelings. SO many feelings... Had to eat them away with lots of food.

The good:
1. kept cut off
2. was physically active
3. wrote a bit

Could have made better:
1. food choices (eating fig newtons, wheat thins, rice pudding not so conducive to losing weight)
2. reasons for eating... come on, now.

Feel like I get in this cycle where I let my emotions take over. I'm TIRED of it, man... Just want to be over and done with it...

On the plus side, feel like I'm better than I have been in the past. In a former life, I would have spent the majority of the day with my head down a toilet... So, progress, I guess.