Found my spot in the forum?

• Hello! I posted a couple of days ago in another section of this forum and didnt get any responses. While i was lurking around today i found this spot. I think this is where i belong/ Im having a hard time losing weight, or i think im having a hard time. As i see its hard to lose weight when you are around your healthy BMI. Anyways, here is my original introduction post. :

Hello!
    My name is Kupa and im trying to lose 28pounds or 12.7kgs. 147pounds to 121 (67 to 55kg) im 5'2 (159cm). 33 yo, Female.
    I started gym at Feb 3rd this year. I workout 6 days a week, i have missed around 4 days of workouts. I started off with weight lifting, around 50 minutes a day combined with 40 minutes elliptical and treadmill. For a week i started going to the evening classes of the gym which included steps/aerobic, pilates and stuf like that, so for about 7 days i was doing around 2,5 hours of workout. Till of course i pulled a muscle so this week i just went to pilates(once a week).Im planning on going all in again next week. Thats my workout plan.

As for my diet, i wanted to go paleo, then i wanted to go low carb, didnt make it either, so basically im eating whole foods and counting calories.

I use the calorie counter from livestrong which is pretty nice. Besides the gym, i dont move around at all. I can call my life sedentary (thats why i want to go two times to the gym). For this reason my goal on the site is down to 960 calories a day (???) , i chose to ignore that cause i think its way too low. Anyways, on an average day i consume around 1200-1300 calories. Of those calories i burn around 500 a day? (1,5 hour gym).

While i was writing this i realized that at the beginning of the month i was undereating. Around 500-800 calories. Wow, didnt even notice.

So, since Feb the 3rd till now 13/3 (38 days), i have lost 1,5 kg , which is 3 pounds. I feel way much better, but i think i can go faster. Can i? Also, the 3 pounds is so low of an amount that it is fluctuating.

I know the best way is to go slow, i just think i need someone to tell me im doing something right or wrong.

Thanks for reading this far!
  • Quote: Hello! I posted a couple of days ago in another section of this forum and didnt get any responses. While i was lurking around today i found this spot. I think this is where i belong/ Im having a hard time losing weight, or i think im having a hard time. As i see its hard to lose weight when you are around your healthy BMI. Anyways, here is my original introduction post. :

Hello!
    My name is Kupa and im trying to lose 28pounds or 12.7kgs. 147pounds to 121 (67 to 55kg) im 5'2 (159cm). 33 yo, Female.
    I started gym at Feb 3rd this year. I workout 6 days a week, i have missed around 4 days of workouts. I started off with weight lifting, around 50 minutes a day combined with 40 minutes elliptical and treadmill. For a week i started going to the evening classes of the gym which included steps/aerobic, pilates and stuf like that, so for about 7 days i was doing around 2,5 hours of workout. Till of course i pulled a muscle so this week i just went to pilates(once a week).Im planning on going all in again next week. Thats my workout plan.

As for my diet, i wanted to go paleo, then i wanted to go low carb, didnt make it either, so basically im eating whole foods and counting calories.

I use the calorie counter from livestrong which is pretty nice. Besides the gym, i dont move around at all. I can call my life sedentary (thats why i want to go two times to the gym). For this reason my goal on the site is down to 960 calories a day (???) , i chose to ignore that cause i think its way too low. Anyways, on an average day i consume around 1200-1300 calories. Of those calories i burn around 500 a day? (1,5 hour gym).

While i was writing this i realized that at the beginning of the month i was undereating. Around 500-800 calories. Wow, didnt even notice.

So, since Feb the 3rd till now 13/3 (38 days), i have lost 1,5 kg , which is 3 pounds. I feel way much better, but i think i can go faster. Can i? Also, the 3 pounds is so low of an amount that it is fluctuating.

I know the best way is to go slow, i just think i need someone to tell me im doing something right or wrong.

Thanks for reading this far!
    First of all, welcome!
  • So glad you're here! We're about the same height, and I, too, tend to be sedentary. Though I've found, at the tail end of this weight loss, that I'm being absolutely forced, kicking and screaming, to drag my carcass out of the chair to move it AND lose it!

I'm not a doctor, so please ask your own physician about anything you aren't sure of. Your approach of "whole foods and counting calories" sounds super good.

You wrote: Im planning on going all in again next week. Thats my workout plan.

I can't tell you if something is right or wrong. I can just share what works for moi.

I spread my calories out over the week so that I hit my half-pound weight loss before I have my up days. So I have around 500 calories a day until then, then I have a few thousand calories every other day until the end of the week, and start over on Sunday with a down day.

I feel it is healthy to get all the calories I'm supposed to have - 7700 - by the end of the week. But this is my own personal approach. Being that hungry so many days in a row doesn't appeal to everyone, lol. But it works for me and has since last February, with no gains and about a half pound loss every week except during the holidays.

Looking forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey!
  • Thank you for your welcome and response! You may not be a physician, but you helped me alot! I just had a "cheat" on my calories today , healthy cheats, but i already passed my 1200 by 138 and ive already been to the gym and only half the day is passed! Oh, by healthy cheat i mean i had an avocado and a sesame bar. Ok the sesame bar isnt that healthy, but it beats a sneaker bar in my opinion xD .

Anyways. What you said about spreading the calories makes sense to me, not only cause its convenient to me right now (cheat and all), but because i was struggling to meet the 1,200 the other days, I started using myfitnesspal (indeed awesome) and it says im undereating most of the days, so i guess im going to try your way and check my weekly intake.

Good thing and weird thing is that i am not that hungry the other days. I was even considering forcing myself to eat the remaining calories, but then i thought i should listen to my body. I read around that our bodies usually make up for the lack of calories any previous days and it turns out to be true. I had cravings today, thats why i over-ate i guess.

I have not seen any dramatic change in my weight but my body feels better and better! Im also trying not to stick to the scale that much , which is hard, but i read that you can weigh the same as you did before you started working out and have a fit looking body, so i like that. Also, im trying to fit it into my mind that this is a slow process , but totally worth it!

Thank you again for your reply!!
  • Quote: Thank you for your welcome and response! You may not be a physician, but you helped me alot! I just had a "cheat" on my calories today , healthy cheats, but i already passed my 1200 by 138 and ive already been to the gym and only half the day is passed! Oh, by healthy cheat i mean i had an avocado and a sesame bar. Ok the sesame bar isnt that healthy, but it beats a sneaker bar in my opinion xD .

Anyways. What you said about spreading the calories makes sense to me, not only cause its convenient to me right now (cheat and all), but because i was struggling to meet the 1,200 the other days, I started using myfitnesspal (indeed awesome) and it says im undereating most of the days, so i guess im going to try your way and check my weekly intake.

Good thing and weird thing is that i am not that hungry the other days. I was even considering forcing myself to eat the remaining calories, but then i thought i should listen to my body. I read around that our bodies usually make up for the lack of calories any previous days and it turns out to be true. I had cravings today, thats why i over-ate i guess.

I have not seen any dramatic change in my weight but my body feels better and better! Im also trying not to stick to the scale that much , which is hard, but i read that you can weigh the same as you did before you started working out and have a fit looking body, so i like that. Also, im trying to fit it into my mind that this is a slow process , but totally worth it!

Thank you again for your reply!!
    My pleasure! I would again reiterate checking with your doctor.

You are so right about getting used to this being a slow process. I think that's one thing that kicks people's butts, including mine, in the past - wanting the weight to fly off, getting discouraged when it doesn't, and overeating as a result. As they say, slow and steady wins the race.