Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #361  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Bloom, and to this thread.

Dee, back from a week of non stop activity. In four days(with help from dh and ds) we packed and cleaned a house that is now up for sale. I am still sore and am in fast mode. I need to focus on finishing some paintings for a September art show. Can't believe I am still not finished, yikes. My weight had gone up before I left and is starting to come down now. I am walking, about half mindful of the foods I eat, but now need to add Yoga or lifting at this point. Missing that yoga, cause it was good for body and mind. You are doing great losing weight, wow, almost out of this thread!!!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 08-09-2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: edit
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #362  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Diana! Welcome back! Wow, you sound so busy! I hear you on the yoga, that's something I very much need to add in because it really helps me with my chronic back issues. The more limber I keep my whole body, the better my back does.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #363  
Here to Learn

Hi to all the other 140'ers! How is it going? For me, my workouts have been non-existent due to having to work pretty much every evening up at the new house. I did get two walks in this week, that's it. But I've been diligent on watching what I eat. I'm not starving myself - I'm almost never hungry- but I've been careful to keep my carb totals under 150g per day and the weight has been coming off. At least, I hope that's why. With my health problems sometimes I wonder if the weight loss is actually a symptom rather than due to any efforts of my own. My goal is 135 and I want to stop there- if I still feel I've got fat to lose then, I want to use resistance training to change my ratios but leave my weight the same.

Today's weigh in was 141.6

How is everyone doing?
Old 08-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #364  
DIANA

Morning Dee, I have been walking, but my mindful eating has left the building, darn. My scheduling is out of control, so I will have to stop and get things in order soon. My weight is back up to 149, hope to hold it there and start down again. My goal is still 140, which is mid range normal weight at 5'6". Hoping to get closer to finishing the two large watercolors today for the September river show. I know how good that would feel. Are you still in the 140's?

How are you doing Bloom?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #365  
Here to Learn

Hi Diana- I understand. Life gets hectic. My workouts have gotten completely sidelined by all the work we're doing on the new house and to the old house in preparation for moving. I miss my workouts. I didn't realize how much better they made me feel until I wasn't doing them anymore.

I am still in the 140's- I had a little bump up this morning to 142.2. Also I used the body fat percentage setting on my scale the other day and it says my BF% is nearly 34% so my weight is in the normal range but my BF% still has me in the overweight range. That was disappointing. I really need to get back to working out, particularly resistance training. I don't plan to revise my goal of 135, but I do want to gain lean muscle and lose some more fat.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #366  
DIANA

Good Morning Dee & 3F Chicks! I'm starting over in this thread at 149 and hoping that September brings me better results. I've changed my goal weight to 144, although that includes a firm muscled 144. When I get to 144, I might want to go down another few pounds, but will re- asses when I get there.
Hope some one will join me on this thread.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #367  
Here to Learn

Hi Diana! How is it going this month? I hope you're nailing your goals.

I'm getting close to dropping into the 130's but I've noticed a tendency to self-sabotage lately. Like, I think mentally I feel like I'm "good enough" and so I'm eating more of the stuff I shouldn't. I'll drop to 141 and then pig out and be at 144 again. Rinse, repeat. I'm hoping this month to actually hit my goal weight. I know it's physically possible. It's getting past the mental hurdles.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #368  

I am Trying too! That bloody weight and my mothers tasty recipes! Hope I loss some weight.
Saney Bin Fauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #369  
Here to Learn

Welcome, Saney!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #370  
Pending Email Confirmation

Height: 5'6

Where is everybody??? I loved posting here before.

Anyone want to join me here??
SPA411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

I will try to join you! Back after a hiatus of mostly maintenance and some small shifts. I've had bigger fish to fry trying to get my master's finished up (all done! yay!) so weight loss has been on the back burner. Also, I realized a lot of the way I think about food and weight was really, really unhealthy (despite *knowing* all the right answers, I didn't really believe them), which was fueling some mental health issues. So a break was definitely needed. We'll see how I do this time...
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #372  

Progress is slow but apparently happening! 145.2 this morning, which was a surprise and a very nice one to boot! I haven't made the greatest choices over the last two week so I'm very pleased.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #373  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hey Princessroja - I'm with you in wanting to leave the 140s behind! I get super close, as in, 141, but have had a challenge in actually breaking into the 130s.
Right now, I'm clocking in at 141.8 and hoping to sleep away those last two darn pounds...
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #374  

Hi Alexistrophic! Good luck--hoping the pounds have vanished away in the last few days! No loss for me but that's no surprise as these past few days were very intense and it wasn't so much about making good choices as about making the least terrible choice available food-wise! Nice to be out of that chaos and back to eating normally again.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #375  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hello Roja - You can do this!!! Here's to making the "least terrible choices available!" Glad you're out of the chaos and back to eating normally! I bet it makes you appreciate the regular routine, right?

So yes, those last two pounds did "melt away"...
No water after 8PM on Friday. Saturday, I woke up at 141.2. Went back to bed for another hour. Woke back up at 140.8. Went out for a sweaty 5 mile walk/run in the 80 degree heat and long sleeves. Came back, took off my gym clothes and clocked in at 138.8!!!! (lowest healthy adult weight in close to 10 years..)

HOWEVER... I've now rebounded up to 146... I know that some of it is water, but I'd like to get it under control sooner rather than later. TOM is coming early next week, so that will likely be a factor in the next few days, but aiming to keep it under control with lots of water and herbal tea.

We can do this!!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote