Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I'm still here... still alive, lol. I've been taking a break from weight loss; things have been very stressful and I just don't have the energy to do anything other than maintain. But EagleRiverDee, 145.8 is super news and I totally hear you on the painting... I'm doing a bunch of that right now and it's very tiring!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #347  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

I saw a small drop to 148 this morning, I'l take it. Trying not to stress out and may not be as mindful at eating as I can be. My 21 year old son is home for the summer and last Friday found out he has a verbally abusive boss. He went to work this morning with the intention of quitting. This might not be horrible other than his boss and wife have been close friends of me and my husband up to now.

EagleRiverDee, What an awesome drop to the mid 140's for you, . I think all that exercise was the ticket. I am trying to be inspired by you restarting lifting. This is what I need as well. I am amazed at how un-toned I am at 148. Sounds like your house it close to being ready to sell, plus you are getting more activity getting it ready to sell. Have you got a good plan to get rid of your ear infection?

Hi Roja, That is awesome that you are maintaining. Wish I could get to painting my house, but I have a small art show in September that I am painting river scenes for and can't be unfocused at this point. I have two paintings to go and one is getting close to finished.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 07-17-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: add
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #348  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Roja! Hi Diana!

Roja, sometimes I think it's good to take a break from actively trying to lose. Maintenance can be hard enough!

Diana- I hope things work out for your son. What a tough situation. Hopefully it doesn't impact your friendship with his employer. And on my ear infection, I'm taking some Chinese herbs that seem to be helping. With my gut dysbiosis I only want to take antibiotics if I absolutely have to because it would be a real bummer to have been working for the past year to re-colonize my gut with the right bacteria only to have antibiotics wipe them all out again. Here's hoping I don't have to do it.

145.4 the past two days. I always like to see the same number on the scale 3 days in a row before I actually am sure I've lost weight and that I'm not just dehydrated or something.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #349  
Here to Learn

Happy hump-day everyone!

I've made a couple tweaks to my diet recently. Last week I cut out my daily indulgence of one cup of coffee with real cream in it. The other is that as of two days ago, I gave up my daily indulgence of a piece of dark chocolate per day. The cleaner eating does seem to be helping a bit. I saw 144.4 on the scale this morning.

I'm trying to talk myself into dropping my carbs- which play a prominent role at most of meals right now- because I know my body is sensitive to carbs and I lose weight nearly effortlessly when I go low carb. Or I used to anyway. I guess I've hit the point where I'm sick of trying to lose weight and just want to move on to maintenance. I know I need to be careful about getting too impatient, however, as slow and steady wins the race and losing weight too quickly will probably result in a rebound.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #350  
DIANA

Good Morning Dee and Roja, Know what you mean about seeing the weight more than one morning. So this is the second morning I have weighed in at 147.5, that is a one pound per week loss. I like the slow mostly because I have been told you are more likely to keep the weight off if it's lost slowly. My exercise is off this week, hoping I can restart next week. My eating is not a diet, but mindful eating. I try to stop eating when I am no longer hungry. I can eat anything but evaluate what I have eaten for the day and tell myself occasionally that I can have something, but should wait till tomorrow. This is a life time habit I hope to continue.

My son's work challenge is partially resolved and hoping for total resolution by next Monday. Being a parent to a young adult is hard work

Hope you both are doing well.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 07-21-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edit
Old 07-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #351  
Here to Learn

Diana, I like your method of saying you can have something, but wait until tomorrow. That's probably way better, psychologically, than seeing entire food groups off limits.

I've weighed 144.4 3 days in a row now so I don't think it's a fluke and have updated my weight accordingly. I'm excited to see the scale drop a little bit. I, too, see slow weight loss as the ticket but when I plateau for 6 weeks at a time it's frustrating! Haha.

My exercise also is sidelined right now. We're getting ready to sell our house and we're finishing construction on a new house. The new house is largely being professionally built, but we're doing some things like laying the floors and building the deck ourselves. We've been doing flooring in the evenings after work and that's when I usually work out. So my day is go to work, go home and eat dinner, go work at the new house. When we're not doing that, we're working on the old house to get it ready to sell. So not much free time for anything right now. Can't wait until this is over and life is more normal again.

Diana, I'm glad your son's work challenge is partially resolved. I hope it's totally resolved soon!

Roja and other 140's, hope all is going well and look forward to seeing your updates!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #352  
Here to Learn

I had a bit of a setback last night. I swear I don't know what got into me but I could. not. stop. eating! So I get home and have a banana to tide me over while I cook dinner, which was chicken and asparagus. I then eat my dinner. I'm not actually hungry anymore, but I just couldn't stop. I ate some rice and lentils (which was supposed to be today's lunch) and then I ate a pear! I haven't done anything like this in months. The scale was kind to me and I only went up to 144.8 (from 144.4) but I'm just baffled. Added to that, I haven't even been all that active lately, because we're working on the house getting it ready to sell so my normal workouts have been sidelined in favor of sealcoating the driveway, painting, laying floor, etc. And while those things keep me active, they aren't nearly as hard as my normal workouts are. Today my goal is to get back on track and not eat everything in sight, haha. Breakfast was a protein shake.

How is everyone doing? I'm wondering if a bunch of you haven't already dropped into the 130's since I never see you on either of the 140's threads any more.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #353  
DIANA

Dee, My son's work challenge is resolved completely, this is a weight off my heart. I like the fact that both parties worked to resolve this. So my son decided to go to a new collage once home for the summer and I'm relieved to say all the paperwork is in, whew. We bought a house in his old college town, thinking it would save money by the time he graduated. We should still come out okay as he had some renters in with him. So we are also packing up and putting the house up for sale the first week of August. My husband assures me everything will work out fine, but I am thinking too much (eating more than I need and not exercising regularly) = stressed. So for now my weight loss journey is resting and I am holding at 148, I'll take it! Glad your day of eating didn't cause too much damage. A phrase for both of us perhaps, "This too shall pass".
Old 07-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #354  
Here to Learn

Diana- so glad to hear your son's work challenge is resolved! Sounds like we'll be moving at roughly the same time, our new house is scheduled to be completed in August and we're packing, remodeling and doing things to get the old house ready to sell. Hopefully get it on the market soon!

Back down to 144.4 today. My body seems to like that number.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #355  
Here to Learn

144.0 today. How is everyone doing?
Old 08-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #356  

New here - 155 and need to get back to 135. What has helped you all the most in getting to the 140s (and lower)? Appreciate any help or tips
Bloom843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #357  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloom843 View Post
New here - 155 and need to get back to 135. What has helped you all the most in getting to the 140s (and lower)? Appreciate any help or tips
Welcome, Bloom!

Well, you'll probably get a lot of different answers because weight loss is so subjective and everybody does it different. Yours will be, too.

For me, the things that helped the most:
•Some form of exercise every day. It might only be a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood, or it could be a 3 hour hike, or weight lifting or even just a short yoga practice before bed. It didn't matter what it was, just that I did something. I found that even if it was a short walk, I lost more weight if I moved.
•Consistency in effort. I won't say patience, because there were times I was really impatient. But I didn't let plateaus or setbacks derail me.
•Be willing to shake things up or take it to another level. If you are plateaued in your efforts, consider changing up your diet (for me, it was ALWAYS dropping carbs- I am super sensitive to carbs and have trouble losing weight if I eat very many) or changing up your workout. Resistance training or HIIT really helped me lose faster.
•Pay attention to how different foods affect you. I found that eating chicken helped me lose weight faster than eating beef. I love beef and prefer it as a protein source, but chicken helps me lose weight faster. No idea why. Maybe just because it's leaner.
•I don't eat any processed foods at all- none. All my meals are cooked from scratch, I control the ingredients. That does not mean I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I prep my meals in advance, I eat a piece of fruit for breakfast on the weekdays, I eat a lot of leftovers, and I love one-dish easy prep meals and crock pot recipes.
•And finally drink your water (at least 2 liters a day) and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Thirst and sleep deprivation can lead us to overeat.

Wishing you luck!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #358  
Here to Learn

142.8 today. Was excited to see a new number on the scale. I didn't drink as much water yesterday as I should have, so it might be just dehydration. We'll see if it sticks around.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #359  

Way to go, Dee - and thanks for all the great tips! Will stop at the grocery store today after work so I can prep my meals this weekend. Was thinking salads (summer is hot here in Texas so leaning towards cold meals). Spent some time researching healthy recipes on pinterest and also found a great site called skinny taste. Do you have any recommendations for good recipe sources?

Happy Friday and hope everyone is off to a great start this weekend!
Bloom843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #360  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloom843 View Post
Way to go, Dee - and thanks for all the great tips! Will stop at the grocery store today after work so I can prep my meals this weekend. Was thinking salads (summer is hot here in Texas so leaning towards cold meals). Spent some time researching healthy recipes on pinterest and also found a great site called skinny taste. Do you have any recommendations for good recipe sources?

Happy Friday and hope everyone is off to a great start this weekend!
I like the recipes from The Whole 30, Nom Nom Paleo, and The Primal Blueprint. Since I seek out lower carb stuff, these type of recipes work for me. They all have social networking pages where you can find occasional recipes, but the good stuff is in their books.

If you have an interest in that style of eating, and you are willing to message me your email address, I have a Word Doc I've created with a lot of paleo-ish recipes I've found online over time. I could send it to you.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 08-04-2017 at 02:09 PM.