Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Dee, how have you been feeling? That sounds absolutely rotten and I hope it gets sorted asap. And chub, I feel ya on the comfort food!!

The last few days have been full of celebrations so I was pretty happy to see only a 149 this morning after all the weekend shenanigans. It was my husband's birthday yesterday, and the day before some friends of ours had a huge gathering (they live in the country so we all go out and swim and fish and go boating and whatnot) and the day before *that* all my dinner plans fell through and we went with plan C and went out, lol. Usually I'm really good with meal planning but not Friday, so oh well! Time to get back in the groove this week!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #332  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Chub- I have had stomach problems for just over a year now. I have a gut dysbiosis, meaning that the bacteria present in my gut is all messed up. And I've got leaky gut and food sensitivities from the gut problem. But I had been pain free for a number of months by following a very specific diet (in terms of what I can eat, not how much) and now all of a sudden the pain is back and I'm not sure if my gut dysbiosis is getting worse or what.

Good luck on the stress eating! I totally understand that!

Roja- At least birthday's only come once in a while and so the occasional splurge shouldn't be too bad. Good luck jumping back on program this week!

I was down to 146.8 on Saturday. Back up to 148 today. Argh.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Yikes, Dee, that sounds really uncomfortable.

Guys I finallllly have happy news to report! My swoosh finally came and I'm down to 147.0 this morning. I even double checked, lol. I've been waiting for this swoosh for like a month so I'm really happy it finally dropped.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #334  
Here to Learn

Roja- Yay! Way to go!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 148/132/117

Height: 5'6

Default New here!

Hi all!
So I just checked in yesterday in the newbie thread and thought I'd jump right in here 😀
I am sooooo close, but have been struggling due to a big regain from recent hospitalization and Prednisone. I keep hovering beyeeen 136 and 140 this past week and it's driving me batty. 🙄
I'm at 140 right now.
So I'm going to start the South Beach diet I think, as I read here that it's good for those of us with Hashimoto's. I also have a slew of other health issues that I'm grappling with, so I think it's the way to go as my exercise some days is only walking around 20 - 30 minutes. Other days I do better. I have severe asthma but I do something even if it's mild. So for me it's low carbs and CICO. I'm giving up the vino too.
Good job on all the hard work here - man this is rough. I cannot wait to get back down to my usual weight. Twenty-two lb gain in a short period of time due to health and meds has done a number on my self esteem. But I know we can all do it!
Viva la revolution 😁

ETA - oh and duh; today I ate about 4oz of baked salmon with fermented ginger carrot garnish and a small bowl of lentil soup with sliced tomatoes.
I walked about 20 minutes and will walk more when I get hom and possibly do some yoga.

Last edited by illustratedwoman; 06-28-2017 at 02:50 PM.
illustratedwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #336  
Here to Learn

Hello Illustratedwoman, and welcome! I'm a fellow Hashi's sufferer. Definitely a whole foods approach, avoiding processed foods and (sadly) wine and other forms of alcohol is beneficial for folks like us. I, too, am very carb sensitive and have great difficulty losing weight if I eat too many carbs, even if my overall caloric count isn't that high. But I also find carbs are SO easy to eat too much of. I get full quickly on fat and protein foods, but not carbs. I could eat some carbs, like pasta, until I feel ready to burst.

I've been off the wagon on exercise over two weeks, after months of working out about 5-6 days a week. I've just been exhausted, about all I do is some yoga stretching these days. Not sure what is going on, it coincides with the stomach pain I've been having. I had some testing done and will follow up with the doctor when my test results come in.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 148/132/117

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Hello Illustratedwoman, and welcome! I'm a fellow Hashi's sufferer. Definitely a whole foods approach, avoiding processed foods and (sadly) wine and other forms of alcohol is beneficial for folks like us. I, too, am very carb sensitive and have great difficulty losing weight if I eat too many carbs, even if my overall caloric count isn't that high. But I also find carbs are SO easy to eat too much of. I get full quickly on fat and protein foods, but not carbs. I could eat some carbs, like pasta, until I feel ready to burst.

I've been off the wagon on exercise over two weeks, after months of working out about 5-6 days a week. I've just been exhausted, about all I do is some yoga stretching these days. Not sure what is going on, it coincides with the stomach pain I've been having. I had some testing done and will follow up with the doctor when my test results come in.
Hi, Dee! It's great to meet another Hashi person, even though it's a terrible thing to have. I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach pain - I can empathize, I tend to have a lot of problems in that area myself. I wonder if it's related to the Hashi's? We do tend to have gut issues. I hope they can give you some answers when you see the doc.

I also have a love of carbs. Ugh. I could eat rice noodles until I burst, too. I have Celiac as well so no wheat for me, but rice is so hard to give up! I do like yam noodles which have no carbs or calories! The Asian mart has a million varieties. Shiritake noodles. I eat those exclusively now.
As for the wine, omg it's hard to give up that glass or two at night, but I have to admit I feel better when I do and know I'll drop the pounds to boot...
I feel you on the exhaustion. It is so hard sometimes. I feel unwell and am in downright pain so often that working out is not an option. So it's like what can we do? Stay in a caloric deficit I guess.
Good luck with the doctor and thanks so much for the welcome!
illustratedwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #338  
Here to Learn

Hey 140'ers! I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I've had the past four days off so it was a nice long weekend for me. I've been getting in walking, and stretching, and last night did some resistance training. I've noticed since I've lost weight that things are, well, saggy. Especially my rear end. I'm hoping the resistance training might firm things up a bit. Be nice if my butt didn't "clap" for me when I'm exercising, hahaha!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #339  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

In the the 140's today (at 149) & feeling pleased at my slow and steady loss to arrive here. Thought I would check in and see if anyone else is still active in this thread.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #340  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinglikeadog View Post
In the the 140's today (at 149) & feeling pleased at my slow and steady loss to arrive here. Thought I would check in and see if anyone else is still active in this thread.
There's a few of us around. Welcome!

I've had a slight bump up the past few days (I fell off the wagon and ate ice cream and chocolate and more chocolate...) so I'm 147.8 today. I got a fantastic 16 mile bike ride in on Sunday, however. That was nice. Yesterday I came down with an ear infection and so I took it easy and went to bed early. Still not great today but will try to get some exercise in. Probably indoors since we're back to rain again.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #341  
DIANA

EagleRiverDee, I have a potluck today, so am planning how to get through it safely. I did start the morning with a 3.5 mile walk which should help. I hope it rains after harvest here. It's been a long time without rain, but we are hoping to harvest our wheat in about a week. Glad this thread is still active. Hope your ear is feeling better by tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #342  
Here to Learn

Quote:
EagleRiverDee, I have a potluck today, so am planning how to get through it safely. I did start the morning with a 3.5 mile walk which should help. I hope it rains after harvest here. It's been a long time without rain, but we are hoping to harvest our wheat in about a week. Glad this thread is still active. Hope your ear is feeling better by tomorrow.
Oh I hope you get some rain. We've had just about nothing but rain lately. But today is sunny, so that is nice.

Good luck on the potluck. Those can be tough!

I'm back down to 146.8 today so I'm pleased about that.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #343  
DIANA

EagleRiverDee, I had more for lunch than usual at the potluck, but very little for dinner. I seem to be holding at 148.5. Six years ago I got to 146 and felt trim and fit. I'm not sure what my perfect weight is now, because at 148.5 I still have muffin top and some belly. Darn menopause.

What's your exercise plan? I try to walk every other day(up to an hour) and yoga the other days. I have not been as good at doing the yoga as I would like, but do the yoga on my own, so have only myself to be accountable for.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #344  
Here to Learn

Quote:
EagleRiverDee, I had more for lunch than usual at the potluck, but very little for dinner. I seem to be holding at 148.5. Six years ago I got to 146 and felt trim and fit. I'm not sure what my perfect weight is now, because at 148.5 I still have muffin top and some belly. Darn menopause.

What's your exercise plan? I try to walk every other day(up to an hour) and yoga the other days. I have not been as good at doing the yoga as I would like, but do the yoga on my own, so have only myself to be accountable for.
Ah, yes, menopause. I'm in perimenopause and can somewhat relate! My hormones are totally whacked. I was having hot flashes but we seem to have gotten that under control, at least.

I'm 146.6 today. Looks like I'm on another plateau- I've been bouncing between 146-148 for a while.

My exercise plan is pretty flexible- I try to do something for at least 1/2 hour a day. On some days that bike riding with friends, or hiking. Other days it's just walking the dog. Yesterday I got off work early and had scads of energy (unusual for me) and so I went for a walk outside, then I did T25 Speed 2.0 (a video workout) and then I did 24 minutes of weight lifting while watching TV. I had been doing primarily cardio/yoga for my workouts until recently when I added back in some resistance training because my butt is really flat now! And I need more functional strength in general- I've definitely lost some muscle as well as fat on this weight loss journey. So I've been doing some lifting. Hopefully I will see some improvements, too. It'd be nice if my butt wasn't clapping for me while I work out, lol.

Do you do yoga with a video program, or just all on your own?
Old 07-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #345  
Here to Learn

Hello everyone and happy Saturday!

145.8 for me today, so I'm pleased about that. I have an ear infection, though, and not so pleased about that. Ah well. My exercise this weekend will likely involve housework. We're painting the outside of our house today and seal-coating the driveway in preparation for putting it up for sale next month.

I hope everyone is doing great!