Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #316  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Roja: Great job! Vacations are the hardest to do maintenance on, so well done!

Things are good here, I'm doing "Shaun Week" a 7 day workout program with trainer Shaun T on video. It's hard but am enjoying it. I want to start doing more resistance training so that I can become functionally stronger, so will probably be adding more of that soon.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #317  

I love Shaun t's workout although it's way too intense for me. I'll be doing an insanity workout with some biking tomorrow. Not expecting to see a drop tomorrow since I had chips, pasta and a coke for dinner tonight.
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #318  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chub View Post
I love Shaun t's workout although it's way too intense for me. I'll be doing an insanity workout with some biking tomorrow. Not expecting to see a drop tomorrow since I had chips, pasta and a coke for dinner tonight.
I really like that in Shaun T's more recent workouts he includes a modifier person. When I first started, I couldn't do a lot of the jumping, the burpees (oh, how I hate burpees!) etc. I still can't do some of the stuff, and so follow the modifier- or when I get super tired I switch to the modifier- but more and more I'm finding I can do these things now. I can do burpees. I still hate doing burpees, but I can do them. I don't have to do all my pushups on my knees anymore, either. Which is nice also from the standpoint that my knees hurt and it hurts to put them on the hard floor, ha.

Biking is awesome. I had been going with friends once to twice a week but lately our schedules haven't been meshing up very well. I hope you have a great time!
Old 06-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Thanks! Chub, it's a Master of Arts Professional Practice in Dance Technique Pedagogy (yeah, it's a mouthful!). It's a distance program based in the UK for dance teachers who are currently teaching and want to incorporate that into their degree. There's just a lot of details and communication difficulties when you're reaching across continents and different education systems... things like trying to contact people are much, much harder, especially with the time difference. It adds a work day's delay to basically everything, so things are going verrrrrryyyy slooooowwwlllyy. Lol.

EagleRiverDee, that biking sounds fun. I need to start doing that again soon... gotta get my bike tire fixed!

Saw a small drop on the scale this morning to 148.8, which is very surprising considering we went out last night for pizza and ice cream to celebrate my husband getting a raise. I'm eating much better today so hopefully it'll keep going down.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #320  

Roja: your major sounds really fun! Is there a specific form of dance that you are focused on? Your major itself sounds really active
Dee: unfortunately i was feeling lazy and did not bike (and when i say bike, i was referring to my stationary bike )
My weight remained the same today despite not having eaten well or exercise that much the past two days. It's not monday yet though so there is hope of getting down into the 142s
Old 06-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #321  

Chub thanks! Right now I'm teaching ballet but I hope to have some modern/improv classes for the upcoming year too. And yeah teaching is pretty active. Pretty exhausting, actually! Hopefully you'll get a drop soon; there's nothing more frustrating than doing all the "right" things and watching the scale stay stubbornly the same. >_<

For my part, the scale has been dropping slowly and steadily by .2 pounds each day, so I'm now down to my ultimate low again of 148.4 today. I really hope this .2/day thing continues and tomorrow I break new ground!
Old 06-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #322  
Here to Learn

Chub and Roja, sounds like you are both doing great!!!

I was at 147.6 again yesterday, so that's my low so far. I didn't weigh myself this morning, but there was no point. We're putting in flooring at the house and spent all day at it yesterday. I am sore from my knees up, and any time I'm that sore my weight goes up because my muscles pull in so much water to repair themselves. It's interesting, though, because I exercise daily but I'll tell you what, I have a new appreciation and respect for people who do any type of construction work for a living. That's a workout all by itself. My quads, back, arms and shoulders are in agony today...and I have to go do it again. My husband is off all week to work on the house (we're building new, with an MIL apartment, so his mom can move in with us because she no longer wants to live alone) and I have to help him during the day today and then in the evenings the rest of the week. Hopefully we get a lot done! But I'm going to be sore for a while.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #323  

Dee: great job on getting the extra exercise in while getting things done at the same time .
I'm up to 145.8 as of this morning. Hoping to get back to 143s again by the end of the week
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 152/152/105

Height: 5' 2"

I hope y'all don't mind a late joiner. I just found this forum a couple of days ago. I stayed in the 135-138 range for a couple of years (after already having put on 20 pounds in a month or two thanks to stress eating and Rx meds side effects). Then OMG I put on another 10 in a matter of days when hubby lost his job. Now I weigh 147.8 as of this morning . I am working on my plan to stop the crazy. Nibbling 1/2 a Quest bar with my coffee instead of eating out with hubby.
JBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #325  
Here to Learn

Hi JBurton! Welcome! Stress is a killer, isn't it? I hope your Hubby gets new work soon and that your stress goes down.

Hi Chub! I'm up today too, to 148.0. Argh.

I did not exercise yesterday, I went to bed early. I was just exhausted. I do feel better today, though. I'll probably be working on the floors again today, so a non-traditional workout I guess.

Roja, how is it going?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #326  

Welcome, JBurton! EagleRiverDee, it's going. Lol. I had a water weight gain the last few days but I've been doing okay on food and exercise so hoping to swing down again tomorrow. I had a touch of food poisoning today, so needless to say I haven't been eating much. Maybe that'll help, haha. If I have to be miserable, at least the scale should go down! :P
Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 AM   #327  

Welllll nope. I'm really getting frustrated. I've been at this weight for a month now and can't seem to get it to move downward. Have you guys hit a patch like this, and what did you do?

Edit: I mean, I guess this is just a normal plateau and all, but blarrrgggggghhhhhhh.

Last edited by Princessroja; 06-22-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #328  

Dee and Roja: I totally understand the frustration and am going through the same thing myself. I seem to plateau and then shoot right back up even though I feel like I'm doing better in terms of my diet. I'm definitely eating cleaner and my portions are smaller and it's frustrating to not see the number reflecting my hard work.
I do not want to keep on uping my exercise because I don't feel like I have enough time in the day but I'm not sure what else to do to break through to the 130s.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:14 PM   #329  
Here to Learn

Roja- I spent 6 weeks at 153, scale would not budge. I totally understand what you are going through. It's so frustrating! The closer I get to goal weight, the harder it gets and the longer it takes to lose one measly pound. When I started out, I'd lose 3 lbs a week. Then it was 2. Now- it takes weeks to lose one.

This week is a rough one for me. I've been having more stomach pain, not sure what is going on there, and my energy levels have been trashed. I haven't been doing anything harder than some gentle yoga in the evenings and going to bed early. If I'm still like this next week, I'll go back to the doctor.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #330  

Dee: So sorry to hear about your stomach problem. Have you ever experienced something like that before? Definitely try to see a doctor soon if it does not resolve.
I've been super busy lately and will be for the next couple of weeks. I haven't really made time for the gym and noticed that I have also been stress eating . I am making a conscious effort to pick healthier food but the junk food is so much more comforting when i'm stressed.

Last edited by chub; 06-25-2017 at 08:58 PM.