Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 158.8/145.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi, Crimson! C25K is Couch to 5K, which is a running program that takes you from not running at all to being able to run a full 5k. There are various ones that usually last about 8 or 9 weeks. Each week has three runs, so I'm currently stuck at week 5 day 2 due to hurting my knee. I've been getting up at 5:30 am to walk/run at least every other day. That alarm sucks. Pokémon Go helps motivate me to get out of bed because that's the only time of the day that I can play. 35-year-old PoGo player here. 😂
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:51 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Hiya! I've been absent for a bit, but am back, and at 144! I am hoping to get more strict and be out of this thread in no time! You're all doing fantastic!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #273  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi any fellow 140s still out there! I used to post in this thread... last year I successfully went from 154.8 pounds to 131/132ish. Then I proceeded to undo all of my hard work and slowly gained most of it back this year. I have spent most of the year "trying to get back on track" and you wouldn't think it would be that hard but that is the situation.

Here is the summary of last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Entered: May 1 @149.6 pounds
Exited: July 20 @ 139.8 pounds

FYI this equals 80 days "in the 140s" and an average weight loss of 0.12 pounds per day ('cause all those bumps UP get factored in there)
I made it into the 140s this week at 149.4 on Monday, then have lost weight the last few days, so today I am at 147.4 pounds. Still in that initial rapid weight loss phase (nearly 10X faster than my average!)

I truly hope it doesn't take me 80 days to lose 10 pounds again, but it is what it is and I have to accept my body's pace. My goal is to be 139 pounds or less by the end of the year - which averages ONE POUND per week. Doesn't sound like much but there are holidays in there - I guess it will be an accomplishment to at least not GAIN during this time of the year

I found it very helpful to come here and vent/discuss rather than just posting a daily number in a weigh-in thread. We'll see if anyone else out there agrees! I will be back to post more specifics about my current and future plans.. Ciao for now to anyone who is reading this -
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #274  

I'm really hoping to bring this thread back to life as I need some motivation with maintaining/losing weight for the upcoming holiday season. My current weight is 147 (which is my highest in the past 5 years). My exercising has been good but my diet is not so bueno 😅.
I'm ambitious and hoping to see the 130s by the end of this year (which means I should clean up my diet).
I'll be posting often and hopefully someone will join in at one point 😊
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 AM   #275  

Went to a class at 24 hr fitness tonight. While it is my favorite class, I'm not sure about coming back to this instructor as she takes a long break in between every songs. I might just go to the gym in between classes during the day and avoid this class altogether since I dislike going to the gym at night anyway. I'll check back in tomorrow with a weigh in. Hopefully the scale will be kind 😛
Old 11-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #276  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi chub! Kind of crickets and cobwebs around here... it's too bad, I used to love coming to this forum and it used to be quite lively. I really don't get into facebook chats/comments so I'm left with an old-fashioned forum.

I haven't been checking in here much myself, as weight loss at this point in my life (42) is so freakin' slow and requires so much work and makes me pretty grumpy.

I would be embarrassed to announce here how low I have to go calorically to lose even 1 pound per week, but suffice it to say that it is well below that magical number of 1200. I track everything and I know that A) I do have to go that low to lose at any kind of a "reasonable" pace, as in 1 pound/week and B) I get all of my nutrients and plenty of protein even at very low calorie amounts.

Anyway, it looks like I last checked in 20 days ago and I have lost.... drum roll please ... a whopping 3.0 pounds. 144.4 yesterday. Which I am quite pleased about even though it is slow and absolute torture. I can see some changes in the giant belly roll region I started this round at ~154 pounds, so that would be nearly 10 pounds down now.

Chub - I was the same a few years ago, exercising was good but food was apparently not and I got to my high weight. Through trial and error, I discovered that I have to dramatically reduce exercise when I cut intake ... As soon as I lose around 10 more pounds, I have to develop a sustainable exercise plan!! running/yoga/strength training etc. That was my downfall last time - didn't have a good maintenance plan in place.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I made it into the 140s this week at 149.4 on Monday, then have lost weight the last few days, so today I am at 147.4 pounds. Still in that initial rapid weight loss phase (nearly 10X faster than my average!)

I truly hope it doesn't take me 80 days to lose 10 pounds again, but it is what it is and I have to accept my body's pace. My goal is to be 139 pounds or less by the end of the year - which averages ONE POUND per week. Doesn't sound like much but there are holidays in there - I guess it will be an accomplishment to at least not GAIN during this time of the year
I don't consider myself a featherweight yet, but I read the board sometimes to see how smaller/more fit people deal with weight loss. That part you said about accepting your body's pace struck a chord with me. I hope you're able to hit your goal for the year. I know what it's like to lose at a slow pace. I have hovered around the low 150s all year pretty much. I first dipped into the 140s one day in March, stayed in the 150s until June, then back into the 150s until October, but this is the first month I have been able to stay in the 140s for more than a few days. When I started my journey in 2014 I lost 5 lbs a month on average, less than half that rate the next year, and this year I've only lost 10 lbs. I am the queen of plateaus. The results are kind of pathetic for almost a year's loss, but when I look at my overall weight loss it's pretty amazing. I went from being an obese child to an obese adult and I've never been this small or this fit before. I stall for months but I have not really regained weight over the course of almost 3 years. I've been trying to use the lifestyle change approach, not dieting but making healthier choices and forming better habits. I think this is why my journey has been much more successful than it was when I lost 50 lbs a few years ago and then regained 40 of them within two years. I'd love to lose 1 lb a week like I used to, but it's just not happening for me anymore. Hitting my goal has taken much longer than expected but I still aim to hit it as soon as I can.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #278  

Emma: I'm the same. I much prefer these type of forums over facebook or other social media because not only is there more anonymity here, I feel that there are much less judgement as well since we all have the same goal. I tell a few people in real life that I am trying to lose weight but other than that, i don't bring the subject up. It seems that unless one is heavily obese, weight loss is not really encouraged. Every time i had brought it up in the past, the usual comment would be "why? You don't look like you need to lose weight". I'm trying to slowly change my diet for the better. I am definitely one of those people who have a huge rebound if i introduce something new too quick and too fast. Have you had your thyroid checked? 1200 seems like a really low number.

Circa: I'm not sure where the cut off for featherweight is either but I think it is dependent on how you feel. If you feel that you are a feather weight, then you are one . Also, i think it's amazing to have a net loss over the year and wish I had the same success!

Not much to update here for me. I'm still at 147 this morning. I got some new warm workout pants yesterday and am planning to try it out today to see how it holds up. If it does well, I am taking it out this saturday for a semi long hike to prepare for the long hike I have in January. Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by chub; 11-23-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:14 AM   #279  

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. I hope everyone can enjoy the good food without too many regrets the days after. Selfish perhaps, but I'm thankful to have hit a new low weight this morning. I don't expect it to last, but I'm still thankful for it. I just realized I'm 15 lbs to goal and only 10 lbs overweight. Wow.

chub, I guess I didn't realize how much smaller sized people could struggle with weight. I mean, I know it's harder to lose weight when there's less to lose, but I guess I got used to comparing my weight loss results to the ones I used to get and to other people's results on weigh-in and challenge threads. It would get me down to see that I would have no loss or very low loss in a month while other people could still lose a few lbs. I go back and forth between thinking my body just has to adjust or I'm doing something wrong with my food and exercise.
I tend to think of featherweights as people who don't look like they need to lose weight. I still see myself as someone with a ways to go, but I might look at someone else my weight and think they are a good size. I guess have a somewhat skewed perception about my size, like how I'm hesitant to buy size M clothes because I think, "I can't be a medium. That's a normal/average size. I'm a large", even though sometimes the mediums fit and the larges are too big.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:20 PM   #280  

Congrats Circa! You are getting so close! And I know what you mean about comparing yourself to someone smaller. I have friends who cannot be more than 120 lbs and they speak of losing weight. Even though I don't see and don't understand the need for them to do so, i remain encouraging because I realize they probably have something they are unhappy with and want to change.

I celebrated thanksgiving early last night with 16 oz of steak. It was delicious! I'll be heading to my parents tonight for some more celebration . I'm on the fence about weighing in tomorrow since i'm pretty sure the number will not be kind. I'll be biking for a tiny bit before dinner to make up for some of the caloric intake. The Black Friday shopping should also help in that aspect . Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:29 PM   #281  

Chub, good idea to get some exercising in between meals. That steak sounds good. I love meat, but I don't think it loves me anymore.

I was determined not to pig out just because food was there and ruin the progress I made this week. I baked an apple pie with 1/4 the sugar and brown sugar and it came out pretty good IMO, still sweet but with that strong green apple taste. I also bought a Hershey pie that I found to be too sweet but a better option for people used to higher sugar amounts. I used to love those Hershey pies, but I couldn't even finish my slice. The dinner was more like lunch. I ate what I wanted but I kept some of my portions small. That evening I decided against more beef and turkey and had an egg with more veg on the side and still small amounts of the starchy stuff. This morning I'm down to 144.6, about 1/2 a lb less than yesterday. I was trying to avoid a big gain and somehow managed a loss. I'll enjoy this while it lasts.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #282  

Circa: Great job on the weight loss. It's definitely not an easy feat, especially during the holiday season.

I've been out sick for a while but am slowly getting better. I've continued to exercise most days but the intensity is definitely not where it should be. But I told myself that as long as I did something that involves NOT sitting around, then I'm good Finals are approaching which means I'm going to be sitting around for an extended period of time. I'll try to just maintain my weight until it's over.
That's it for now. I'll be back to update later.
I was looking at myfitnesspal history and saw that I was 131 at the beginning of this year It was crazy how the weight crept up on me but It gave me an extra boost of motivation to get back to where I was.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:48 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 216/148/143

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,
I am just joining this thread and hoping it hasn't fizzled out. This time of year is super hard! I was hoping to get to a normal BMI and just eeked it out. 148.7 today. Happy to be here. I won't talk about the cupcakes I am baking for a Christmas/New Year's tonight with a very fun brother and his family. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Happy new year to you all! I look forward to hearing more about you.
Ollieandedith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #284  

I'm back!! It's been so quiet in this thread but I'm so close to crossing to the 130s (hovering at 143-144lb currently) that I feel i need to post to keep myself accountable. School has been busy so i haven't been too active but my diet has been pretty good as far as healthy portion control goes. Hoping to be in the 130s by Valentine's Day!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello. I felt confident enough in the 140s (148-149) to move myself to this group today. I have been reading about everyone's accomplishments. So inspiring! I am excited to learn from everyone here.

Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote