Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Emma - I got the wrong Beck book. It's her new one called The Diet Trap Solution. I just started it today. I think it will be helpful.

I haven't weighed in a couple of days but will in a couple of days. I never weigh in on Mondays

Getting into the 130s would be so excellent!
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #122  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Ok, I weighed in this morning at 143.5! Finally a 1.5lb loss after maybe three weeks of absolutely nada.

Crimzon: Please let me know how you like The Diet Trap Solution. I've heard so many good things about the Beck books. I need to invest in one them asap.

MyYear2015: Welcome to the group!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #123  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I weighed in at 143.0 today.

---

I read the "pink Beck book" and the "green Beck book" and I found the pink one much more useful, so I bought that one. The green one includes a specific diet plan, which I wouldn't follow. They are both useful in different ways, though. I'm curious to read the new one.

The best things I took away from her strategies are:
  • weigh daily, but use it like information, not as a mood/motivation-determinant
  • sit down when you eat
  • hunger is NOT an emergency!
  • learn to "just say no" and say "not for me"
  • plan ahead and (duh) STICK TO THE PLAN
  • set 5-pound weight loss goals
  • develop "arguments" to your inner voice that makes up all kinds of excuses to why you can't lose weight, why you should be able to eat with abandon, etc. etc. ETC
Crimzon & dangerouscurves (and anyone else ~5'6") - what is your weight history like? When is the last time you were at your goal weight? Do you know your frame size?

I finally confirmed that my frame size was indeed small, which puts my "ideal" weight sometimes as low as 120, depending on the source (a typical ideal weight for someone 5'6" is 130 pounds, +/- 10 pounds in either direction for a large or small frame).

For most of my adult life, I maintained in the teens/low 120s. Since I am now a (very youthful ) forty-something, my body has changed a lot in recent years. I've dipped briefly into the 130s a couple of times in the last few years - but I haven't maintained there since 2011-12 (~135 pounds for 1.5 years).

I haven't been in the 120s (129) since 2007 So really "in the 120s" would have been 2006 and earlier.

This is making me think my goal of 124-129 is unattainable for me. I will, however, fight tooth and nail to be ~135 or lower

Bam!

Last edited by EmmaD; 06-08-2015 at 01:07 PM.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #124  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Ok, I weighed in this morning at 143.5! Finally a 1.5lb loss after maybe three weeks of absolutely nada.
That's quite a whoosh for a featherweight!

and

MyYear2015. I hope 2015 is my year too
Old 06-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #125  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I weighed in at 143.0 today.

---

I read the "pink Beck book" and the "green Beck book" and I found the pink one much more useful, so I bought that one. The green one includes a specific diet plan, which I wouldn't follow. They are both useful in different ways, though. I'm curious to read the new one.

The best things I took away from her strategies are:
  • weigh daily, but use it like information, not as a mood/motivation-determinant
  • sit down when you eat
  • hunger is NOT an emergency!
  • learn to "just say no" and say "not for me"
  • plan ahead and (duh) STICK TO THE PLAN
  • set 5-pound weight loss goals
  • develop "arguments" to your inner voice that makes up all kinds of excuses to why you can't lose weight, why you should be able to eat with abandon, etc. etc. ETC
Crimzon & dangerouscurves (and anyone else ~5'6") - what is your weight history like? When is the last time you were at your goal weight? Do you know your frame size?

I finally confirmed that my frame size was indeed small, which puts my "ideal" weight sometimes as low as 120, depending on the source (a typical ideal weight for someone 5'6" is 130 pounds, +/- 10 pounds in either direction for a large or small frame).

For most of my adult life, I maintained in the teens/low 120s. Since I am now a (very youthful ) forty-something, my body has changed a lot in recent years. I've dipped briefly into the 130s a couple of times in the last few years - but I haven't maintained there since 2011-12 (~135 pounds for 1.5 years).

I haven't been in the 120s (129) since 2007 So really "in the 120s" would have been 2006 and earlier.

This is making me think my goal of 124-129 is unattainable for me. I will, however, fight tooth and nail to be ~135 or lower

Bam!
I love that "Hunger is not an emergency"! Sticking it into my signature immediatamente.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #126  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I love that "Hunger is not an emergency"! Sticking it into my signature immediatamente.
That's great!

Beck has so many tidbits like that - so simple, and so effective (when I can manage to actually do them )
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 155/143/127

Height: 5'6"

143.6 ->143.2 in one week
I was hoping to lose at least a pound and a half. Been eating right and exercising..Oh well..
MyYear2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #128  
Hardwork...Dedication

Lightbulb I'm still around!

Oops! Life got busy and I pretty much dropped off the threads for a bit.

I'm still out here plugging away trying to get out of the 140s. Dealing with TOM at the moment so I don't have a weight loss update to share.

Just in case EmmaD pops back in, here's the answer to your question.

I've been between 128-145ish most of my adult life. With a couple times in there (after a car accident and when my bf at the time cooked constantly) where I got up to 156 lbs. lol.

I'm not sure if I'm a small or medium frame but I do know I'm pear shaped. So the majority of my weight is in my thighs and booty. I didn't appreciate being shaped this way in my teens and 20s but I love it now at 39. Cause it's so much easier to hide any weight gain when your upper body and face barely changes.

Realistically, I know it's going to take me longer to get the weight off. My almost (40 yr old) metabolism isn't what it use to be. But I know I can do it! I've loss and regained the same 20 lbs too many times to count. The only difference this time around is that I've finally accepted the fact that I am getting older! I can't work out like a maniac for a couple months and then sit it out for next three! I can't hit my goal weight and celebrate by having cocktails and steak dinner. It's got to be about moderation. Sure there's going to be times when I slip but I have to be consistent with my efforts. Which means getting right back on track the next day.

Life is too short for me to continue being a slave to the scale. It's time for me to eat right and exercise consistently. Watch the lbs melt away. And enjoy feeling good each and every day.

Ohhh wait, almost forgot I'm not sure the last time I was at goal weight. Maybe 6 yrs. Soon as I hit my goal I would stop weighing myself. And then didn't worry about it again until my clothes started feeling tight. (Probably 10-15 lbs later.) Good grief, I was a hot mess!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 06-18-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 206/144/120

Height: 5'3"

Do you all mind if I join this thread? I have been stuck in the 140's for the last two months now! I need support. My goal is to get back into the 120's. I'm down from 200 lbs. Woke up this morning at 145.2. Have been stuck between 142-147 for the last month. It is so infuriating. I am working my butt off and the scale is stuck!
greenviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #130  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

dangerouscurves76 - we have a lot in common, weight-journey wise. My max was 154.8 (yes that 0.2 pounds was the only thing keeping me from "overweight" BMI), I'm still 40 (for one more day...), I'm a definite pear (which I have always hated but the good news is that as I am dropping weight, my arms and belly are looking much improved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenviolets View Post
Do you all mind if I join this thread? I have been stuck in the 140's for the last two months now! I need support. My goal is to get back into the 120's. I'm down from 200 lbs. Woke up this morning at 145.2. Have been stuck between 142-147 for the last month. It is so infuriating. I am working my butt off and the scale is stuck!

Wow, you must be so proud of yourself! Girl, you need to change your S/C/G on the side to reflect your current progress!
I hear you on the infuriation ... This process is so slow and demoralizing.

I personally need to work on enjoying each stage now that I am committed to losing weight and being healthier. I'm in a grumpy/hungry/tired/pessimistic place right now. boooooo

I weighed 141.8 this morning, so I'm chipping away...

BTW, this gave me a new perspective: I am unable to update my profile pic/avatar with my weight chart, but the current one shows that apparently this is the sharpest and most sustained weight loss I have ever had, at least since I have been tracking for the last ~6 years. That's cool to see .

I supposedly committed to a minimum of four months, regardless of scale numbers, so I need to just get out of my own way and carry on

Last edited by EmmaD; 06-23-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 206/144/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you for the welcome! I definitely am proud of the weight loss but it has been a LONG journey. Prior to being pregnant, I was around 156. Then I got pregnant and stayed at 206 for a year after I had her. Yup. It was SOOOO hard on my body because I am for the most part pretty small framed. So it hurt just to move around.

I am trying not to get frustrated with this plateau but it is difficult.
greenviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #132  
Hardwork...Dedication

Thumbs up Success!

greenviolets! You've really had an incredible journey. Congrats to you on all your hard work!

Well ladies, I've finally managed to log another weight loss. I think it's been 2 weeks since I've seen any number worth celebrating.

Super proud that the scale finally says 142 lbs. Dang...my body is REALLY making me work for it this time. That's reason enough to stay focused and remember there are no quick fixes anymore. Slow and steady is the only way I'm going to succeed.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #133  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

congrats, dangerouscurves!

I bounced up from my low last week. I went off plan this weekend because I just felt really sick and well apparently it takes a day to gain 3 pounds but more than a month to lose 3 pounds

I was aiming for –1 pound/week (I'm SOOOO ambitious!) but I may not make that this week.

I weighed in at 143.2 this morning. Another 1.4 pounds to even get where I was last week... and will I lose 2.4 pounds by Friday?? not bloody likely!!

I also just realized that I was this weight on June 3. What the heck have I been doing for the last 20 days?!?!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #134  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

OK, so luckily the 3 pounds I put on came off quickly, not "real" weight.

Yesterday I saw 141.2 on the scale. Bumped up a bit today...

This process is so annoyingly slow. I am more than 9 weeks into my weight loss regimen and I have lost let's say 14 pounds, which averages about 1.5 pounds/week. But I have slowed down already and am lucky to eek out 1 pound per week at this point.

I have decided that once I weigh less than 140 pounds again, I am going to focus on eating well and start ramping up the exercise. I can't function being this obsessed with the scale - especially when it is not showing me much love

But yes I am a bit obsessed with getting "out of the 140s."
Old 07-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #135  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

I am still solidly entrenched in the 140s. Back up to 145.6 today. My ticker is currently LYING