Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #91  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

crimzon, I can relate to the rude comments. Even my own mom was like"YOUR FACE USED TO BE SO PUFFY!" in the rudest way imaginable. I was around 170. It really hurt me deeply. After that comment, I never really looked at her the same.

As of this morning Im 143.4, so I'm close to the 130s. 139 is the number in focused on at this point.
Wishing everyone a great Tuesday

Last edited by energie; 03-17-2015 at 11:50 AM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #92  
Refreshed

Down to 138.4. I was stuck on 140, even through the weekend. I think what put me over was going back to IF for two days (Sunday and Tuesday). I'm torn on whether to do 2-3 days a week, as I've been reading conflicting information on how IF can impact your (females) hormones. Maybe something to discuss in the IF thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilketay View Post
Hi everyone - I'm going to be hanging around here for a while. Since August of last year I have gained 15 pounds due to lots of stress in my life, partially due to dealing with my mother's lung cancer and death. I hit 150 day before yesterday and that was a wakeup call. That puts my BMI into the overweight category - I need to do something about this. I'd like to get down to the high 120's ultimately! I'm a calorie counter using MyFitnessPal, and I run (FitBit user) and lift weights.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Good luck to you on your weight loss, I think it's great you caught yourself before it got too out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
Hang in there Durian - I'm up and down too and kinda stuck. Like this morning I was up a pound. I can't keep changing my stats everyday so I'll just leave it.
Thanks!

I weigh daily and sometimes I feel like it's not good for me. I'm the type of person that would do better with measurements, but I feel stressed at the thought of measuring myself (no idea why, it's probably just an excuse!).

I think if you're the type of person that would benefit from daily weighing, you should do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post
crimzon, I can relate to the rude comments. Even my own mom was like"YOUR FACE USED TO BE SO PUFFY!" in the rudest way imaginable. I was around 170. It really hurt me deeply. After that comment, I never really looked at her the same.

As of this morning Im 143.4, so I'm close to the 130s. 139 is the number in focused on at this point.
Wishing everyone a great Tuesday
You're going to be to 139 soon!
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Thanks energie and Durian.

I have heard/read both negative and positive about IF and women. I did join a 5:2 board and it seemed that women were having more positive results. Not sure what to think but I may try it. I heard an annoucer of the radio internew Dr. Mosley and she lost 25. She is post meno.

I've gained this week - I can't believe it. I won't be weighing for a few days - I'm off for a quick break. I won't be freaking out since I know I can get back down soon.
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

How is everyone doing? I've been away and will weigh-in again on Wednesday but I'm afraid I'll be up since traveling had too many temptations.

Anyone still here?
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #95  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I used to be a very active member a few years ago and then when I started regaining, I went MIA. Now I'm back but not as active. So, hello everyone!!

I am going on vacation in 3 weeks. When I booked the trip back in December, my goal was to be at 135 by then. Wasn't an unreasonable goal at the time -- just under 1.5 pounds a week. But I plateaued badly for a few weeks which knocked me out of the game. The best I can hope for at this point is being 140.

My problem is is that I was perfectly fine going on vacation at 135 knowing I'd probably gain 3-4 pounds. Think all inclusive including alcohol. But now, I am not fine gaining those pounds. Especially since I was stuck at 145 for almost a month.

I'm not sure what I am looking for by posting this. Just wanted to vent. I'm disappointed and sad I won't be at my vacation GW but I don't want to stress while on vacation either.

These last 10-15 pounds stink! LOL

Thanks for listening.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #96  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I am going on vacation in 3 weeks. When I booked the trip back in December, my goal was to be at 135 by then. Wasn't an unreasonable goal at the time -- just under 1.5 pounds a week. But I plateaued badly for a few weeks which knocked me out of the game. The best I can hope for at this point is being 140.

My problem is is that I was perfectly fine going on vacation at 135 knowing I'd probably gain 3-4 pounds. Think all inclusive including alcohol. But now, I am not fine gaining those pounds. Especially since I was stuck at 145 for almost a month.

I'm not sure what I am looking for by posting this. Just wanted to vent. I'm disappointed and sad I won't be at my vacation GW but I don't want to stress while on vacation either.

These last 10-15 pounds stink! LOL
YES THEY DO!

I just wanted to say that I went on an all-inclusive trip last year and managed to LOSE weight on it and not by being restrictive at all. I just got myself into the mindset that I was only going to make "healthy" choices and get as much activity as possible. I mostly didn't partake in breakfast, just coffee but a couple of time had eggs. Lunches were always "soup and salad" from whatever choices were offered, and fruit for dessert. Dinner was whatever seemed best from the choices, with rarely dessert (once fruit and once a small cheese plate) and alcohol was limited to a single glass of wine or a vodka soda. I definitely had a few slip ups involving cookies and pizza but that was the exception and it balanced out over the week to end up with a 1-2 pound loss.

I went on another trip like this with a different attitude "IT'S ALL PAID FOR, I BETTER GET MY MONEY'S WORTH" which led to basically a week-long binge and a gain of 5-10 lbs. So at least for me, my only hope is to consider that "my money's worth" is a week work of healthy choices (assuming you will have choices?) that I don't have to prepare myself.

And cram that activity in when/where you can! And... Enjoy
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #97  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

I am peeking my head back into this thread... I didn't weigh for a while - FAR too long. I got sick, dropped my exercise routine and just settled into a slump. My binging took me from a low of 138 in September to a long stretch of bumping around in the high 140s (occasionally crossing over into the 150s) for months. Once I stopped exercising I saw new territory in the 150s with a new high: 154.8. It is funny that 155 is considered the cutoff at my height for "overweight" so I still haven't technically crossed over into that category - though I am "obese" by body fat measurements. For years I never went over exactly 152.2. Odd but it was always that number. And every time I told myself NEVER AGAIN

Yeah right.

Hoping to join y'all in the 140s again soon! Three pounds to go. I will try to remember to never complain about being 14X again. I am so uncomfortable being in the 150s.

My goal used to be 125 or so and now I think that might be a ridiculous idea. 135 would be fine and 129/130 my ultimate goal weight. The crazy thing is, I think it is attainable for me if not for my messed up brain - I have all kinds of disordered thinking that mostly ends up with the same result: extreme laziness and binge-eating. If I could even follow through with just semi-normal eating and minimal activity.... well, I'm working on it!!!

Carry on lovely 140s ladies and I hope to be a member again soon
Old 04-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #98  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Great advice, EmmaD! Thank you! And you are so right about retraining my brain as to how to view the "get my money's worth" from my all inclusive vacation. It doesn't have to mean eat the fatty and fried foods you can. All it has to mean is choosing healthy options that are already prepared for me!

I am sorry that you reached a new high on the scale but I envy the fact you faced it and you didn't let it get more out of control. When I did that, I was 30 pounds more far gone that I had imagined after working so hard. But I know that you will be back in the 140's very soon. You sound determined and NOT defeated! So that is more than half the battle right there.

And it IS a battle, isn't it? One that we are both going to win!

Welcome back!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #99  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Thank you Shan! Your vacation must be coming up soon. Jealous! On my trip where I was "good" I brought a yoga mat, exercise bands, running shoes and protein bars (Quest) for snacks so I wouldn't be tempted in between meals... I was with others, the majority of whom struggle with their weight, and it was funny that they didn't worry about what they ate at all. I think that is really the biggest challenge, not eating more in the social settings if you are surrounded by people who are gorging themselves

I am back finally! "Only" took 21 days to lose 5 pounds. Ugh, those are ones that should be fast with the drop in water weight from the decreased carbs... oh well.

I plan to be here a while. Except for seeing high 130s at the end of last summer for like 1 DAY, I haven't been out of the 140s - beyond bumping out in the other direction - since the end of 2012. Yes I just looked it up. That makes me sad that I have spent basically 2 years trying to get below 140 lbs. I have a long slog ahead of me.

Then again, my biggest hurdles have been binging and not exercising, so if I focus on those maybe I can drop a few pounds.

I am okay settling at a higher weight ... BUT, I have confirmed that I am "small framed", my body fat is horrendous, and I used to maintain without trying in the 120s until my body changed a few years ago. I really think 130 lbs is an ideal weight for my frame size and age. We'll see...

Today's weight: 149.4
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #100  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Where are the smilies for crickets and tumbleweeds??

I am holding steady at the top of the 140s. I'm going to be here a while.

It was good for me to be reminded today how I was happy above at being 149.4. Now I am feeling blah about being stuck-ish at 149.2.

It's so hard to be patient when I feel like I have turned everything around. <siiiiiiiiigh>

Hope all you other 140s are out enjoying your lives and not sighing about the scale
Old 05-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #101  

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone! Am currently 144, hoping to move down to the 130s sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I'm getting over the flu, so that will put my workouts on hold for a bit. Hope you all are well.
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #102  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Hi Charbreaker! We are almost the same size... same goal too if I am honest. But I am pretty sure I can't go less than 135 (maintained there for a few years but never went much lower, maybe 131). It's a whole new body have been dealing with these last few years.

I hope you get well soon! When I have had the flu it has knocked me flat for weeks. Take care of yourself -

Today's weight 147.4.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 172/161/132

Height: 5'3

Hi guys,

I am hoping to get out of the 140s. Today's weight:

05/19 149.3
dani13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:00 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 172/161/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani13 View Post
Hi guys,

I am hoping to get out of the 140s. Today's weight:

05/19 149.3
05/20 148.2
dani13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #105  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

I'm slogging my way down through the 140s... 145.6 today. Lowest weight of the year!

It is hard work though. I have to kick my own but a LOT. yep

Good luck Dani13 and anyone else who is out there.

Last edited by EmmaD; 05-20-2015 at 03:26 PM.