Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

I found it to be a hassle too - even the ones from this site - that's why I just composed my own, sort of, a ticker type thing. Maybe I'll add a BMI line. Thanks for your support. You're doing great too!!

Last edited by Crimzon; 02-21-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait to say see you later 140s. I have been working out and tracking calories since my Wednesday weigh in. I usually weigh daily but I thought mabey I will stay on track better if I don't know, and I am definitely thinking about it more. So next Wednesday I will see.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #48  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Crimzon thanks! I should be an inspiration, really. I have such a hard time sticking to my plan that if I can do it, anyone can. Congrats on the loss!

Hungerwerks Sorry for the late reply. My ticker is from magical kingdoms if you're still interested but I see you've found one. I rarely update it, too, but I love Tinkerbell, so I keep it in my signature.

The cat is Regina, my first bottle baby. I lost her in 2012 and that's when I put her as my avatar. Our bond and the way we communicated was amazing, the struggle to teach her how to cat was real and she'll always have a special place in my heart.

raven90 Welcome! I applaud you for managing not to weigh in every day. I'm addicted to my scale.

So, I'm under 149 again after a week of debauchery, really. It was a week of birthdays, restaurants, rage-inducing things and prolonged PMS, so I took a break. I did well yesterday and I'm trying to do well today so I can get a good weigh-in tomorrow, which is my official weigh-in day.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #49  

Marniadec It has been hard. I have thought about the scale every morning. I have been thinking about my calorie intake more since I haven't weighed myself - like counting calories has been my replacement. It is tempting to weigh in the morning but I am at least going to go until Wednesday without it. I can't weight!!!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #50  

Marniadec and Crimzon It looks like we are roughly the same height and weight. Neat.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #51  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
I found it to be a hassle too - even the ones from this site - that's why I just composed my own, sort of, a ticker type thing. Maybe I'll add a BMI line. Thanks for your support. You're doing great too!!
Oh, that's a cool idea! And thanks for your kind words. I find coming to this site really helps me stay on track.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #52  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven90 View Post
I can't wait to say see you later 140s. I have been working out and tracking calories since my Wednesday weigh in. I usually weigh daily but I thought mabey I will stay on track better if I don't know, and I am definitely thinking about it more. So next Wednesday I will see.
You'll find the best way for you, with that kind of fine-tuning!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #53  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
Crimzon thanks! I should be an inspiration, really. I have such a hard time sticking to my plan that if I can do it, anyone can. Congrats on the loss!

Hungerwerks Sorry for the late reply. My ticker is from magical kingdoms if you're still interested but I see you've found one. I rarely update it, too, but I love Tinkerbell, so I keep it in my signature.

The cat is Regina, my first bottle baby. I lost her in 2012 and that's when I put her as my avatar. Our bond and the way we communicated was amazing, the struggle to teach her how to cat was real and she'll always have a special place in my heart.

raven90 Welcome! I applaud you for managing not to weigh in every day. I'm addicted to my scale.

So, I'm under 149 again after a week of debauchery, really. It was a week of birthdays, restaurants, rage-inducing things and prolonged PMS, so I took a break. I did well yesterday and I'm trying to do well today so I can get a good weigh-in tomorrow, which is my official weigh-in day.
I'm so sorry for your loss. We have two cats, one extremely crazy some of the time and one totally sane. I can't imagine the connection you must have had, since you bottle fed her. This may seem weird, but I do believe pets have souls and live on, so I'll say bless her soul!
Old 02-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #54  
Refreshed

I'm teetering between 139 and 140 and have been that way for the last two weeks. I'm not sure if I'm stalled because I've increased my weight training, but it is frustrating.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #55  
Maria

raven90 As long as it works for you, that's great. I often retain water because I have Hashimoto's. It used to drive me crazy at first and I had to get away from the scale but I couldn't. It doesn't affect me now, though. I just need to know.

Hungerwerks It doesn't seem weird at all. I like to think that, too. I was 14 when I found her and I didn't know at all what I was doing, which is part of why it was so special. I still miss her every day. I have three more now, though. I find a female kitten every four years and I get stuck with her. How is your cat crazy? And what is a sane cat? I've never met such a creature.

Durian weight training does cause water retention. I recently started drinking the Greek equivalent of Pedialyte when I retain water and it seems to help me. It's supposed to help with water retention caused by Hashimoto's but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:16 AM   #56  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
respectfully snipped

Hungerwerks It doesn't seem weird at all. I like to think that, too. I was 14 when I found her and I didn't know at all what I was doing, which is part of why it was so special. I still miss her every day. I have three more now, though. I find a female kitten every four years and I get stuck with her. How is your cat crazy? And what is a sane cat? I've never met such a creature.
She's probably just regular cat-crazy - running around like a maniac sometimes, and quiet and content other times. Maybe it's just in comparison to the other one, who's very chill.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #57  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durian View Post
I'm teetering between 139 and 140 and have been that way for the last two weeks. I'm not sure if I'm stalled because I've increased my weight training, but it is frustrating.
You've been successful getting to this point - congratulations! Maybe you can make an interim goal, like getting to 139.5. I guess because I work with half-pound increments, I tend to gravitate towards that. Just an idea!

I'm so curious: We see a lot of interesting foods when we watch the Food Network, and durian is one of them. Do you have access to that, if you don't mind my asking? It's an intriguing avatar!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #58  
Refreshed

Quote:
Durian weight training does cause water retention. I recently started drinking the Greek equivalent of Pedialyte when I retain water and it seems to help me. It's supposed to help with water retention caused by Hashimoto's but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
I'm sorry to hear about your Hashimoto's. Do you follow a specific diet to help with weight loss (i.e. wheat-free)? All of my (immediate) female family members have it but me.

I didn't realize weight training caused water retention. I will try drinking more water to see if it helps flush my system at all. I am also adding two days of aerobic pilates a week (starting this week), which will bring my weight training back down to three days. Maybe those changes will provide a little shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
You've been successful getting to this point - congratulations! Maybe you can make an interim goal, like getting to 139.5. I guess because I work with half-pound increments, I tend to gravitate towards that. Just an idea!

I'm so curious: We see a lot of interesting foods when we watch the Food Network, and durian is one of them. Do you have access to that, if you don't mind my asking? It's an intriguing avatar!
I like your idea of looking at half-pound increments. Thank you.

You can often find durian at Asian markets if you live near one. I love the durian divide; something about it just makes me laugh.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #59  
Maria

Hungerwerks She's energetic, then? My sympathies. I have two of those, although one of them is eight years old now, so she's finally quieting down a bit. I used to have bruises from her running into my shins every other minute. They're really fun to watch, though!

Durian I don't follow a specific diet, I don't think there is one. I tried different things when I first started googling but they didn't affect my health in the slightest.

When you do strength training, you basically hurt your muscles and then you retain water so they can rebuild themselves. I don't think you need to slow down, though. You'll adjust.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #60  

Interesting about the strength training. I do notice I retain lbs when I strength train, but I thought it was muscle because my muscles seem harder. I have been continuing to work out and count calories. I think the counting calories will be key for me. I have been trying to lose these last lbs since I gained them back over the holidays.