May Chat

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Yay The feathers are becoming active!!! Let's keep it up!

I had a DownDay yesterday and gained 2.2 pounds. Figure that out... I was drinking a TON of water and none was coming back out So I must be hanging onto the water. I also had beans for dinner, maybe the sodium... I ended up at 600 calories for the day, which was fantastic.

Today is UpDay, 1300 calories planned.

I will have a slow exercise day; I will only do an aerobic class today. I went to the gym last night and really did not "feel it". I walked on treadmill for 60 minutes, but not even at the pace that I usually do. I just felt tired.

I did my first day of volunteering at the hospital and it went well. I will shadow another week and then I am on my own. Since I am the information girl, it will be interesting how badly I will guide people I need to learn the hospital layout.

My life is becoming "full". I am so glad that I can do all this volunteering I do.
  • Welcome to our little corner of the board, BeachBreeze2010 and banananutmuffin. It's always nice to see new faces, hope you'll stick around!

Sum and shr1nk1ngme, I give you guys a lot of props for trying IF. I'm not sure that's a strategy I could handle. Will be very interested to watch your progress with it so keep us updated! And good luck with your new volunteering gig, Sum. You're a good soul to donate your time for others.

Hoopty, I hope to see more of Germany someday. Very cool country you live in! Congrats on the continued weight loss this week and I hope your knee is behaving itself. My left knee was giving me a little trouble last weekend too. Sometimes rest is the best thing. I mostly walk and jog. Sometimes a little upper body exercise, but I haven't been successful at getting consistent with that yet. What's your favorite workout?

It's been a busy week and I'm looking forward to posting more again. The eating bit is still going well, but exercise has been spotty this week. My knee was pretty sore after I twisted it climbing stairs last weekend so I rested it for a couple days, then as soon as it felt better I woke up with a bad crick in my neck and had to continue resting for several more days. Neck feels much better now so I'm back at it tonight!
  • Just went though my summer clothes. Amazing; All my clothes fit me...size 6 to 10. The tens are definitely on a looser side and sixes are on a snugger side, but I can wear them all. -- I was secretly hoping that all my 10's would be falling off of me No such luck. Hah! So I guess I won't be needing to buy new shorts, drats . The size 10 skirts and a few pairs of capri pants were too big though, and they are going to be donated.

I have been buying 4's and I can zip them up but they don't look good. I refuse to wear anything too small and have a muffin top. Maybe another 10 pounds and they too will start fitting; at that point I hope that those pesky 10's will be way too large.

I also found some shorts that have never been worn; I bought them a few years back and they were way too snug, but this summer they are fitting.

I would like to get a few casual summer dresses though. I have a lot of "formal" summer clothing, but the cottony dresses I have are starting to look old and used. -- I lived in them when I was heavy. I like how dresses hide all imperfections. Old Navy usually has some cute ones and I bought some from Express as well.

I also (finally) fit into my skinny jeans and they looked GOOD! I thought I could not do skinny jeans, but I guess I can . I will wear them tonight when DH gets home. He travels during the week So I will get dolled up

Weather is finally warming up! We are supposed to have a gorgeous weekend ahead...high 70's and low 80's... if there is no humidity, it will be perfect.

I walked my pup for 5 miles this morning and I am about to hit the gym for some weights, swim and treadmill. Thursdays are my hard core days. I pull 1-2 grueling workout days per week. It keeps my metabolism guessing.

Everyone, have a beautiful and productive day
  • Glad to see that the Feathers community is becoming active, yay!

As for me, I've been way off track for a few days. I've had 4 days where I binged, ended the days at 4000+ calories each. I did the math and tried to see how much I actually burned during those days and long story short, I must've gained about 1.5 lbs of fat. So, today is not gonna be a 100% healthy day but my main focus is to keep the calories low. I should also consider doing a detox or something..I'm sure I put my body in shock with the amount of sugar and fats I had. I'll think about doing that tomorrow.
  • I did 4:3 plan this week, and it was HARD. I won't be doing it again! 3 fast days are too much, considering I exercise a lot. -- BUT, I did lose 5.2 pounds in one week -- I was carrying a lot of bloat! So back to my 5:2 plan.

Yesterday, my 3rd fast day, I was starving. I was determined to carry out my plan though,and I did. The stubborn Finn I am -- So today I am happily eating breakfast, which I usually loathe

I am at a new low; 135.8. We'll see if it sticks though because it was after a fast day. Regardless, it made me really happy. I am 13 pounds away from goal, it feels surreal to be that close; I have lost 37 pounds so far.

I have done my weight loss slowly. I have tried all diet plans...hah...I guess they all work!

Off to my morning walk with my pup.

TaTa for now!
  • I'm convinced I'm stuck. I don't have the time or energy to work out properly, I'm always tired and sore as it is, but I'll try to add some push-ups and sit-ups into my day. I thought I was eating so healthy compared to before, I feel frustrated.
  • lovedancelive Sorry that feel like you are stuck.

How many calories do you eat per day? Do you track them (for example using myfitnesspal)?

I seem to get stuck at decades, it seems....

Hang in there
  • No, I've been eyeballing it but I'll start counting more precisely tomorrow.
  • Yes, when in doubt, it is good to measure, sometimes eyeballing can be deceiving lovedancelive
  • Well my new love did not stick, nor did I expect it to. Weight is always lower after DownDays and creep a bit back up after UpDays.

Today is a SPLURGE DAY!! Going out for sushi . We'll see how these splurge days will work out, I am sure I will bounce up a pound or two.
  • Back at it! I wanna make it back to 140.0 lbs and continue from there. I avoided pasta/potatoes/brown rice today and stuck with veggies, fruit and protein. My stomach is feeling much better! It's PMS week for me, starting today, so I have to make sure I pay attention to possible cravings.

Sum38 - Hope you had a fun splurge day today! Love me some sushi!
  • Woot! Hoopty, awesome job avoiding the carbs!

Well I had a very nice splurge day , could not get OP after it though. Sunday was supposed to be my fast day, and it did not happen. I will try to fast today, and push my Wednesday's fast to Thursday...depending how I feel though. Sunday's and Wednesdays fit into my schedule well, what comes to fasting. Thursdays I work out do hard that fasting becomes tough.

The back of the knee is still sore, I think I may need to rest it 2-4 weeks; no aerobics since that class really seem to aggravate my knee. Walking seems to be okay, so I will continue my walks.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day everybody!
  • I have realized that my fiance is a slightly bad influence on me. So far, he's gotten me to eat Taco Bell and drink a Gloria Jean chilled coffee. But when I went shopping for a dress and skirts, I realized how horrible I look with my gut hanging there like it does and nearly left empty-handed. I think that's the last time I'll be joining him out for junk food... I am so disappointed to have gained back 10 pounds. I think I'm finally in the right frame of mind to get strict with myself.
  • Sorry about your fiancee's temptations, lovedancelive! Stay strong and those pounds will melt off.
  • Another Holiday weekend behind us, we had glorious weather. We did a lot of yard work; planted the rest of the garden items and flowers. Now we will sit back and wait for the harvest

I really upped my water intake this weekend. My wonderful hubby installed us a new water filtering system, a serious one. We have well water and I hated the taste of it. -- Men like to "fix" things, so he fixed the situation by getting this new system in. I just love him! -- So now the water tastes like fresh spring water and I am back to drinking 70-100 ox per day. -- At first it showed up movement on my scale; I think my body just went "huh", what's this stuff you are giving me... I think I have been walking about slightly dehydrated for ages now.

Scale moved down a bit over night, hoping that the trend continues and I get to see my low again, soon. I am hoping that all this water will help too.

DH had to leave earlier than normal for work, so I am up earlier than normal. It is only 6:30 and I am thinking about taking a walk Wonder if the park would be open yet

I need to walk the pup early, though, it is my hospital volunteer day.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday weekend!