3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

Sum38 07-04-2014 11:11 AM

Loves to Travel Welcome back!! What a great trip!!

vix Awesome job! Here are some balloons for you :balloons:

Toni Did you get below 140? I am on my 14th day of TOM...yeah getting old SUCKS... and I think it is messing with my weight.

Miss Fitt I hope you are safely below 140... I won't go back to the 140's thread either :D

I am still not quite back officially, but hoping to be in my 130's in a day or two...

I am super motivated right now; I am going back home (Finland) for a visit in early September, in 8 1/2 weeks to be exact. Last time I was over 170 pounds, slow and sluggish. I have lost 30 pounds, but another 10 would add a real wow factor. -- Now the sizing is starting to run by. I would love to be a SOLID size 6 for my trip; 130 pounds. So I have 8 1/2 weeks to lose 11.8 pounds. Can I do it??? :eek: I know I can if I really try hard.

Miss Fitt 07-04-2014 12:01 PM

Weighed in this morning, same as yesterday....139.4.

Congrats to Vix on meeting your goal, that's excellent!!! I hope to get there some day.

Sum - You can do it! It's really motivating to be going back to Finland - I'm sure you will do it.

I know, the older we get, the harder this weight loss thing is.

Sum38 07-05-2014 10:47 AM

I was 140 this morning. I could not get the scale budge to 139.8 :lol3: Well there is tomorrow.

I feel super motivated; I have stayed OP now 2 days in a row; ha! It is just cutting the binge cycle that is hard, once it is broken the OP days become easy. I told one of the members, Rennie, that the OP days almost become an addiction after awhile.

Miss Fitt How old are you? -- I will be 47 this year (OMG that sounds REALLY old; I feel like I am 30-something)... it definitely is an uphill battle...but doable. If I put my mind to it, I do lose weight. I just have to be more diligent now-a-days.

tonimaroni2 07-05-2014 04:53 PM

No I'm still 140.something :( but I have a renewed sense of motivation today. When that happens I usually have a good couple weeks of losing weight. Its blazing hot out today and I feel like a cow in my swimming suit and I don't want another day to go by like this. Enough is enough!!

Sum38 07-06-2014 10:29 AM

I am finally official; 138.4 this morning. Woot!

Sum38 07-07-2014 07:55 AM

Where's everybody?? I hope you did not sneak into the 140's thread!! :) I will drag you out of there!! :lol:

I am here to stay, I keep saying that, but this time I mean it, really mean it! I lost another 0.8 pounds of bloat, yay me! I have lost 5.6 pounds of bloat since last Monday. I think the weight-loss will come to a crawl now, but as long as I go downwards, I won't care. I can't wait to be below 135, then I will feel like that I can breathe. I bounce up so easy; I can go from 137 to 142 in one day :no:

Today is a fast day; I follow the 5:2 plan. I am not expecting any drastic losses because last week was so whirl wind. If I stay at 137.x, I will be happy... if by some miracle I get to see 136.x, that would make me joyous!

137.6 :woohoo:

atmos 07-07-2014 11:19 AM

Hi all...I'm finally back in town after 2 weeks in Europe. It was a blast, and I was pleasantly surprised to see I had not gained weight. Weighed in this morning at 134.6. Though I did a fair bit of walking I had done a fair bit of eating too, so I hadn't figured I would stay in the middle of the 130s.

I'm trying to get back on the healthy diet wagon today. I was too exhausted/sickly to go grocery shopping yesterday so unfortunately I'll have to go after work today. I fell in love with skyr in Iceland so it's my mission to find some state-side! Plus I feel the need to eat lots and lots of fresh vegetables.

I'm dreading dance class tonight. I do love dancing, but I have been off it for 2 weeks without much rigorous aerobic activity, am now back at 5000 ft above sea level (lacking oxygen), and I picked up a cold from my travel friend the last day of our trip.

tonimaroni2 07-07-2014 03:45 PM

Sum - Good job and great attitude! It's even motivating me! Haha

Atmos - what is skyr?

I'm staying strong, no weight loss but good choices will pay off soon. I do have a headache, I hope it's early stages of detox/ketosis!!

Sum38 07-08-2014 09:15 AM

135.8 for me :)

vix 07-08-2014 10:18 AM

Hey everyone! Hope you all enjoyed a nice 4th of July. I had a quiet relaxing weekend with my family and it was lovely, lots of fun times!

Thanks Toni, Loves to travel, Miss Fitt and Sum, especially for the balloons! :)

Loves to travel, mmm hard crusty bread, and cheese, so delicious!!! And how great to be able to eat (almost) what you like and still come back with luscious legs thanks to all that walking, this is how life should be I think!

It doesn’t feel like it’s gone that quickly, but then I guess 35 pounds in around 8 months is ok, I expected it to be quicker but I haven’t exactly been starving myself, I have just upped the fruit veggie intake, swapped all white carbs for whole grain ones and have less treats and less wine and more water. I was always thinking long term so I didn’t want to go too drastic and I think this is definitely something I can keep up for good.

Well done Sum for getting back to where you belong in the 130s! Sounds like you’re on a roll!!

Atmos, how lovely going to Iceland! I always wanted to go there! Was it beautiful? Very intrigued to find out what skyr is too...

Sum38 07-08-2014 10:28 AM

vix Congrats on your 35 pounds, and YES 8 months is awesome!! It has taken me 1 1/2 years to lose nearly 40 pounds (37 so far). Are you still taking the phen caps?

tonimaroni2 Stay strong! :hug:

atmos Where did you go, just Iceland? -- I don't remember if I told it here, my newest motivation is my upcoming trip to Finland in September. I always lose weight when I go to Europe; so much walking.

Miss Fitt 07-08-2014 10:51 AM

Weighed in at 138.4 this am....

I'm 51, so yup, it is a battle. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. Maybe I should just be happy where I am...as long as I'm not gaining.

atmos 07-08-2014 11:46 AM

tonimaroni - Skyr is traditional yogurt made in Iceland. It is a strained yogurt so similar to Greek, except it is made with skim milk so it is nearly fat free typically. I found it less of a sour taste and much creamier than Greek yogurt I've had in the states. I ate it for basically every meal I could while I was there!

vix - It was very lovely! I was only there for a couple days as a stopover on the way home from Europe, but we took a tour of the south coast. Lots of mountains, volcanic features, tundra, etc. Black sand beaches. We got to walk on a glacier as well. It was all very beautiful, but it was very cold! When I left Reykjavik to come home it was 45F and very windy. Our guide for the tour said that wasn't typical, and July usually isn't very rainy and that the temperature is more in the 60s. It was a shock coming home to 90F after that.

Sum - Well done on your weigh in! My trip was mainly to Scotland and northern England. We took Icelandair which has a direct flight from Denver to Reykjavik, so on the way home we stopped over for a few days. They run a deal where you can have an extra long layover in Reykjavik for the same price as a normal one hour-ish layover. It was an okay airline, not bad but not great. It was nice to have a direct flight back home, though. I'm pretty much in love with Scotland now.

Yesterday I ended up not minding my calories nor going to dance on account of feeling bad with my cold. Much better today though, and I must go to my teams class tonight, so I'm just trying again. I think I may finally be over my jet lag, which helps immensely. I must get myself groceries and finish unpacking/putting away Sunday's laundry. A clean environment helps me so much. I've been a mess since getting home.

Sum38 07-08-2014 12:26 PM

atmos Was this your first trip overseas? -- I am assuming that you live in US? -- We lived in London for a few years, unfortunately the kids were quite little so we did not do that much traveling around the Great Britain. We traveled to Portugal a lot because my sister has a vacation home over there, and it was easy to hang out on beaches with young and active children.

atmos 07-09-2014 12:12 AM

sum - Yep I'm from the US. I've been out of the country 6 times now if I remember correctly. This was my second trip to Europe. Last time I went to Sweden, Germany, and Italy.

Went way over calories today but had a good (hard) dance class tonight. Finally replenished my groceries so tomorrow should be easier.