3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

vix 07-14-2014 11:10 AM

Hoopty, your weekend eating sounds a little like mine these last couple days, although I didn't have the excuse of anything to celebrate, I just went out for dinner on Saturday and couldn't say no when suggestions of sharing cheesy starters came up, and then yesterday had a lazy day out which started at a bakery so you can see it was never going to be an exercise and juice day! At least I have until Friday to weigh in, and this week I'm starting a new class at the gym to shake up my routine a little.

Atmos - I agree, I think it's too good an opportunity to miss to not go and see my friend, have a guide, and see a great city. It's so cool how she's living there - she went there for a vacation and did couchsurfing in Tokyo, stayed with this Chinese guy and now they're together and she lives with him!
Congrats on your new low!!

Sum, keep at it! Good luck for your fast day!

Hoopty 07-14-2014 03:24 PM

atmos - I always tell myself that this is something I want to do for the rest of my life you know, so I usually make my weekends off days. The downside to that is that I lose fat very, very slowly. But I'm losing. Congrats on hitting 133, that's awesome! :cheer: You're on your last 8 lbs, must be such a good feeling :)

Sum38 - Good luck getting back on plan! :lifter:

vix - This weekend was an exception..I usually eat like this without having anything to celebrate either :rofl: Hahaha, I laughed at the bakery part because I know EXACTLY how it feels and how it wasn't going to be a healthy day, lol. What's the new class gonna be like?

--

Well...so much for me getting right back on plan. I got a call yesterday morning. It was my Mom and I got nervous because she never calls on Sunday mornings since she's always at work so I got really worried. She told me that I had gotten a letter in the mail (some of my stuff is still being sent to my parents' house) and that the letter had come from a lawyer's office. I had her open it up and read it to me and it turned out that I'm being sued for uploading an episode of a TV show on an illegal website. I never uploaded anything but I didn't know that while you're downloading something you're uploading it at the same time making it available to others and apparently that's how I committed a crime. The letter says I have to pay a fine of 683$. Needless to say, my Sunday was ruined. I cried because I was scared and I didn't know what to do. I'm only 23 years old and I'm already being sued. I just couldn't believe it but I guess it was my own fault? I resorted to food and ate very unhealthily. DH and I went to the gym because he thought it could make me feel better but in no way did that make up for all the junk I ate.

So today I asked for help from a lawyer. He said that we can definitely fight the case. He's had 300 of those and 299 of them had been dropped. I'm praying that my case will be dropped as well.
I ate very unhealthy food today. A donut for breakfast, a belgian waffle with chocolate syrup, a caramel apple muffin, a whole box of chocolates, 6 little cream cakes, slice of bread with Nutella, ugh. I was just so stressed out and the first thing I do is eat junk food. It's going to be so hard for me to get back on track.

On a good note: Germany won the world cup, woohoo! People were going nuts over here, honking their cars, screaming like maniacs, lighting fireworks, it was insane! And you gotta keep in mind that it was already midnight over here by the time the game ended, lol.

Okay, sorry for the rant. I just had to get it out. Tomorrow will be a challenge, I can hear the voices in my head screaming for junk food already :rolleyes:

atmos 07-14-2014 03:46 PM

Sum - Life does happen, for better or for worse! Glad to see you back here though. We can sometimes think weight loss ought to be linear, but in truth it often looks like a rollercoaster with a slight downhill trend through time.

Vix - Thank you! You'll have to tell us about Tokyo once you do visit. Japan is on my ever-lengthening travel list for sure.

Hoopty - Thank you! I've bounced from about 130 through 140 for years now after my initial loss from my post-college high of 160. So I've been here before and...well, I'm just keeping on working at not gaining. :) But the 133 was a pleasant and happy surprise as I have been working that way for several months now!

Also that's really awful your news from yesterday. :( I do believe you'll be able to get your case dropped as your lawyer says. A lot of the time the government or whomever (whoever?) is doing the suing is just trying to make an example (or make fine money) and doesn't want to be bothered with a fight. And I definitely understand your urge to turn to food. I do that too with stress as a way to escape. A few days aren't going to completely derail you...I'm confident you'll be able to turn it around soon as you work through the shock of the news you got.

Sounds like the World Cup celebrations were a lot of fun to watch!

-------------

I had a great exercise yesterday with a big hike and biking around town (with sunburn on my pasty arms a result), but I went waaaaay over my calories. I can't seem to control potato chips, and I can't seem to live without potato chips. Le sigh.

tonimaroni2 07-14-2014 04:18 PM

Gosh I missed so much of the conversation! I took a few days off the computer to move into my new house... but I have an update worth sharing.

I recently started taking lexapro... I'm not one to usually take meds for anything really but life lately had been crazy stressful and getting me down so I thought I could use something for the time being to help me get thru it... well much to my surprise and delight it totally kills my appetite! I can go almost all day without eating for the past week and a half because I'm just not hungry and it gets to be about 5 pm when I realize I haven't eaten anything. But the thing is I haven't lost an ounce despite eating so little! I hope it's not slowing my metabolism. Anyone else have experiences like this?

Sum38 07-15-2014 10:30 AM

Hanging on to the 130's with my dear life :D 139.4

I have kinda slacked off what comes to my exercise; back OP today!

Toni, I have no idea. I know some of them can cause weight loss, and some weight gain. Let's hope that this will work for you in many ways, help you to feel better and bonus being a smaller appetite!

atmos I hope your sunburn heals quick! Stay away from the chips :kickbutt:

Hoopty That buffet sounded delish! I hope you are back to the 130's! So sorry about your legal troubles, I hope it gets taken care of soon.

vix Awesome job on your weight loss! You rock!

vix 07-15-2014 10:57 AM

Hey Hoopty, how scary to get a letter like that! But from what the lawyer says it's just a way to make money and set an example so you will be fine I'm sure. I watch everything on my laptop...I don't download though, just stream...but kinda scared now! Sorry it triggered a binge but it's true what atmos says, you just have to get on with it and put it behind you, that's the past and today is a clean slate.

Yes, starting out a Sunday at a bakery is not so good...very tasty but it was just downhill from there lol. The class is like a kick boxing, circuit class. It's tomorrow night so I'll let you know how it goes.

Toni, I think that's definitely what's happening if you're not eating until 5 - your metabolism thinks you're starving and there's no food so it goes into hibernation mode and you don't burn anything of what you do eat. People do lose weight if they don't eat enough, obviously, but this is not a healthy way to go as the weight you will eventually lose will be muscle tone instead of fat as lean muscle burns calories so a starving body needs to get rid of it, but keep the fat which is lazy and doesn't expel calories like muscles do. To have a healthy body you need to eat, it's crucial. Perhaps you could halve the dose? While it's great to have a reduced appetite and less cravings (which is what I have), no appetite is as bad for you as too much appetite.

Doomkitty 07-16-2014 01:17 PM

Thank you to Sum38 for pointing this thread out to me! =D

7/1 139.4
7/2 139.2
|
|
|
7/16 136.8

atmos 07-16-2014 01:41 PM

sum - Hope you've been hanging on as intended! The sunburn is fading slowly. No overindulging on chips, but I certainly haven't stayed away completely. I love them!

toni - No input for you unfortunately, but I hope things have been evening out. If you are staying in a healthy calorie deficit (neither to small nor too large), the plateau will give way eventually.

vix - Kickboxing is awesome! I don't do it anymore because I don't have time given my other activities, but I really enjoy it.

lovedancelive - Welcome to our thread!

My last two days have been good. Dance class and tracking my food as appropriate. Now if only I could find the motivation to clean my house...

Sum38 07-16-2014 02:42 PM

Still at 139 range. I really must get my eating in order. It is not bad, but not great either.

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. No celebration though, since hubby and I are in different states. We will Skype though. :love: We prolly won't get to celebrate this weekend either, son has a baseball tournament. Well, we usually celebrate with the kids anyways, so what is better way than to cheer our son on!

Hoopty 07-16-2014 05:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Still haven't heard anything back yet but I'm gonna be patient.

Updating from my phone yet again, ugh, I will respond to everyone very soon!

I've been wayyyy off track...junk food, no regular meals, no exercise, not enough water. I'm stressed out, my eczema is flaring up and I've been feeling down. My weight is up, of course, but I know my body and I know that I once I get back on track I will lose these extra few pounds right away. It's mostly bloat anyways...I just gotta sort a few things out first.

vix 07-17-2014 10:31 AM

Oh, sorry to hear that Hoopty. Hope you don't let things get on top of you too much - focus on yourself and get back on track! Sending you some hugs!

Welcome lovedancelive!!

Congratulations Sum!! 20 years wow, that is great, and a lovely way to celebrate! Hope your son does well!

Atmos - yes, it was such a good class! The hour flew by, it was fun and I really really felt like I worked hard! Looking forward to next week's class!

Have an off day yesterday, went out with some colleagues after work for a drink to celebrate one of their birthdays and then it got later than I realized and someone ordered a ton of food, and it looked so good, so I dug in....ugh!! It was all pretty 'healthy' stuff like salad, guacamole, hummus, pitta bread but after I ate it I was wondering how it was made, how many calories it contained....Today I will be the model healthy eater as I don't want to see a gain tomorrow!

Sum38 07-17-2014 04:27 PM

I do so well during the day and then I just lose it at night :cry: As usual today is going superb. DH will be home later on tonight; that usually keeps me from eating :) I am hoping to see 138.x tomorrow, I would like to show some sort of a loss for the week!!

tonimaroni2 07-17-2014 04:52 PM

Sum - congratulations on 20 years married!! It's only been a little over a year for me and I can't wait to see what we can accomplish in 20! We are planning a belated wedding reception for the end of next month and I'm ecstatic, it's making me feel like we just got married again.

Atmos - what kind of dance classes do you do? I can't remember if you said it before, sorry. We have crap for dance or fitness class selection around here.

Sum38 07-18-2014 06:34 AM

Thank you ladies for the well wishes!

Since I am back on the wagon, and secondly would like to lose some pounds before my Finland trip, I told my husband that I want to celebrate our anniversary in September when we are in Finland; so no dinner out this weekend.

I booked a table in this really unique restaurant in Finland. It only seats 26 people and reservations are hard to come by, but I managed to get a table! :yay: The menu is a surprise, you can decide if you want vegetarian, fish or meat and allergies are honored, but the chef decides everything else :yikes: All produce, meat and fish come from the local farmers/fishers and all are grass fed, wild caught and over all natural products with out hormones, pesticides etc. The dinner itself is supposed to last for hours, some people say they dined for 4 hours :eek: This restaurant was elected as the THE restaurant of the year for 2014. So I am super excited to be going there. It won't be a cheap affair, but hey it is our 20th anniversary, right! :D

Back to weight loss; scale is finally moving at the right direction. 138. I lost 1.4 pounds last week. Slightly disappointed, but hey it is progress...plus if I were to drop 1.4 pounds each week before my Finland trip, I could be at 128 pounds by the time we leave!!!! That would be AWESOME! Definitely a solid size 6.

Okee, signing off...wrote a novel :rofl:

Sum38 07-18-2014 06:41 AM

Toni - Belated reception sounds like fun! I am thinking about renewing our vows at the 25 year mark; fly everyone to Hawaii and do a small celebration there.

Vix I hope you did not gain from your feast. It is really hard to say no to yummy food. Especially if you had a drink or two and everyone else is eating.

Hoopty
:hug: I hope you were able to get OP. I suffer from eczema too, in my ears out of all places. They flare up when I am stressed too.

atmos Did the house get cleaned? I put it off this week...I know I will be scrubbing toilets come Sunday.

vix 07-18-2014 04:52 PM

Wow Sum, that restaurant sounds incredible! However, being a bit of a fussy eater, It does kinda worry me that my dinner would be in the hands of the chef though - I would have to lie and say that I'm allergic to mushrooms as even having to look at them strikes fear in my heart lol.

I had a small gain - smidged up to 134 so only a 0.3lb gain but it was my own fault...my resolution for this week starting today is to maintain resolve when socializing!

Congrats on your 138, and 1.4 in a week is good going in my book, so well done!!

Off hiking tomorrow, 15km, so I should burn a few cals!

Sum38 07-19-2014 09:38 AM

Down a bit 137.4. I was hoping to see 136.x this morning. I usually drop 1.2 pounds over night, always! Not last night, which was strange. I went to bed at 138 and I thought I would be 136.8 this morning, but nope, it gave me 137.4 instead. Weird.

Hoping to see 136.something for tomorrow's weigh in :crossed:

And I am hoping to see 134 by Friday :eek: That would be a new low for me (during this journey).

Vix Not a bad "gain" after a fun filled night!

atmos 07-19-2014 11:58 AM

Wow, this thread was pretty active while I was away!

Sum - Belated congratulations on your anniversary! Your plan for celebration sounds great. What a unique and excellent dining experience for the two of you! I have the same night eating problems...we'll get it licked we just have to keep working on it. I also put off the house cleaning, ha! Today I planned not to have anything to do outside the house. So this morning I plan on doing the cleaning. I hate marathon cleaning but I must do this when I don't keep up with it for a long time. Then the afternoon/evening will be, unfortunately, unpaid overtime work. :( Good luck on seeing 134! A new low is always exciting when you've been working so hard.

Hoopty - Hope you're doing well. Although it can be even more stressful and frustrating to be off your diet/exercise plan during tough times, it's definitely understandable that you may not have the mental energy to deal with that struggle right now. So, if you get off plan, don't feel guilty about it. Just do what you need to do to keep a good state of mind!

vix - Glad you enjoyed the class! The food does sound good, and I'd say 0.3 lbs is in the margin of error so no need to worry about it. Hope you enjoy your hike. That's one of my favorite activities! It's just been hard to get out these days.

Toni - I take Irish step dancing classes, both soft and hard shoe. If you haven't seen it before, think Riverdance. :) It's a lot of fun and I'm really starting to get into it. I take 3 classes per week now, participate in performances (one tomorrow, so I will have to fit in some practice today!), and last month I went to my first competition (called a feis). It's a unique challenge to start Irish dancing for the first time as an adult, but I have a really supportive teacher and studio as well as classmates. My next feis is going to be in early September. For my first I only did soft shoe, but this next feis I'm doing both soft and hard shoe. Eeeps. I'm really not very good at hard shoe at all!

The past couple days I've been quite busy and only been watching my food/exercise tangentially, but I do think I've been about in my deficit through maintenance range, and I did a 2 hour dance class on Thursday and biked to/from beer yesterday as well as danced at a concert. So even though I've been busy...success days! Part of it is because I was busy...no time to mindlessly snack.

Today's food and exercise is going to be tough as I'm having an "at home" day. I need to do some cleaning (which I hate hate hate and love to put off!) and also overtime work for a deadline. Easy access to food...I guess it's good that the ice cream and chips are all gone!

I do need to practice for dance tomorrow. I want to start weightlifting again (it's so hard to fit in!) so my goal is to do that and then follow it up with a quick dance practice. I kept a log of my exercises/weights when I used to lift, so I'm just going to work through that again because it has been so long.

tonimaroni2 07-21-2014 11:13 AM

I haven't weighed for 3 days because I've been eating like a maniac and drinking tons of beer. Ahhh it's the state fair here and I've been going to concerts and beer gardens and having my fill of fair food. But it's only once a year and I looooove the fair. I'm afraid what the scale will say and my seamstress when I have to do the next fitting for my dress. I promised her it would fit better the next time she saw me so she wouldn't have to let it out. hahaha

Atmos - that Irish dancing sound like so much fun and really good exercise. I'm impressed!

Vix - 15 km hike is a long way, how did it go? I bet the scale dropped for you after that. I wish we had good places here to go hiking.

vix 07-22-2014 10:16 AM

Wow well, the hike. I think I am just about recovered from it! The organizer is this nice guy who I think likes to keep people happy but this often involves him bending the truth a little, so he told us the drive there would be 3 hours and it was closer to 4.5, in a pretty cramped bus too. The hike itself was great - I met some cool new people and the views were great but then it got to about 6pm and we still had to get to the town where the bus was, then we were told it was an easy descent of about half an hour when it reality it was over an hour, and with irregular rocks on the ground and really steep - my knees were hurting so bad after that, and my toes too where they were hitting the front of my sneakers due to it being so steep down. Then, everyone wants a beer which is fine usually but by the time we got on the bus it was 9pm, and we didn't arrive back until 1am!! Luckily my mom had the girls but some of the group were panicking and had so much trouble to rearrange plans - the organizer originally said we'd be back at 11pm, so this is a big difference for many people with transport and childcare etc. Aaaannnd, to top it off, it was closer to 18km!! In future I think I'll just go for more relaxing walks than full-on hikes, especially not with this guy!!

But, think of the calorie burn right! And since we got back so late and tired I didn't have any dinner. I was mainly horizontal on Sunday at the beach and then slept for about 11 hours on Sunday night!

I only weigh once a week so we'll see what happens on Friday....

Toni, I think that's fine if you love the fair then this is your moment to relax a little, everyone has that special time of year or special event, like for some it's thanksgiving, for some it's vacations, no point in doing all this hard work if we can't enjoy our favorite things too, that's what life is after all!!

Good luck Sum, I'm thinking "134 thoughts" for you!!

Atmos, the dancing sounds so cool - my friend had Irish dancers at her wedding as a surprise for us guests (as both her and her husband have Irish ancestors) and it was great to watch them. It's good because it's both exercise and a hobby, and something to do as a group, I think this could work for a lot of people to get them up and exercising, maybe it should be more encouraged in schools for example.

atmos 07-25-2014 12:30 AM

Hey all - just wanted to pop in and say that I'm still hanging in there. I have a very major deadline this week at work that has been consuming my entire being. My goal is to turn in the report by the end of Saturday, then run around Sunday being one of the happiest people in the US. I'll be back Sunday - hope you all are doing well!

Hoopty 07-25-2014 06:59 AM

Hey guys,

Same here, just popping to say hi! Atmos, good luck, you can do it!
I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days...a week maybe? My eating is still horrible and I haven't been to the gym in what seems like forever.
My cousins from Canada are visiting so lots of eating out. We'll see...hopefully I can get back on track soon.

vix 07-25-2014 10:10 AM

Waahhhh! Up another half a pound....nooo!! I have an idea why though - first, TOM is coming soon so there could be some water retention, plus I haven't had such a good stomach these last few days. My friend said the most likely culprit is some warm watermelon I had on the hike on saturday that had been in my bag hours before I ate it....Now I'm just craving plain plain food, like white crusty bread. I tried to carry on with my normal diet but last night my stomach was really protesting so I'm going to go for simple plain foods today, give my stomach want it seems to be wanting and then hopefully I'll get over it. I've had the same before, and bread always seems to solve it, although it pains me to buy white bread when I now know how bad it is for me.

Good luck with the report atmos, I'm thinking of you!

Have fun with your cousins Hoopty!!

atmos 07-27-2014 11:38 AM

hoopty - Hope you're doing well. That's great that your Canadian cousins are able to visit! My roommate's mother is from Germany and he was able to go visit his extended family last year. It was a really great trip for him. Even if he needed a translator to talk to his grandmother. :)

vix - Hope you're feeling better. Stomach bugs are always a huge bummer.

I'm very excited to say that I turned in the draft report yesterday! I'm also down to a new low for 2014 at 132.6 lbs. It was a small victory yesterday not to over eat during my report finishing (although being out of chips may have contributed to it). I'm very motivated to keep up with it. I need to do some cleaning and get groceries today, but other than that I'm going to treat myself to a relaxing time!

atmos 07-31-2014 11:05 AM

Where are you all??? Hopefully out enjoying the end of summer!

Just popping in to say this is the most consistent I've been with my calorie deficit in a while. However, my dance school is on hiatus this week due to the big summer workshop down in Denver. I didn't join because it conflicts with my work schedule, but I also haven't been exercising on my own. Oops! I'm aiming to do some dance practice tonight after work.

vix 08-01-2014 11:28 AM

Hey atmos!!! Well done on the report! Sounds like you deserved a rest but I bet you'll be glad to get back to dancing too, have fun tonight! As for the end of summer, here it never stops, August is going to be a scorcher I think!

I'm much better now, I am still a bit iffy when I think of eating certain foods and my stomach is making strange noises right now but I am choosing to ignore it, but otherwise I'm fine. And, the best bit is, I'm down a pound!! This is officially my lowest weight possibly as an adult I think!!

Bring on the weekend woooo!!

underanalysis 08-02-2014 09:14 AM

139.6 today so I get to come play with you guys for the rest of the summer :)

lulubellebc 08-02-2014 10:39 AM

Hi everyone :-) Figured it was time to join this thread, 137.5 today

LovesToTravel 08-02-2014 11:16 AM

Welcome and congrats, lulubellebc and underanalysis! :wave:

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying a busy summer. I know it's tough when there is a lot of traveling and visiting going on. I've been quietly lurking around the boards and continuing to track my weight. Having the flu last week followed by a couple of high calorie days this week has apparently shaken things up enough to get my body to drop another 2 pounds.

I'm not much into specific weight goals, but I would love to drop another pound this month to bring me to exactly 20 pounds lost in 12 months. We shall see.

atmos 08-04-2014 07:05 PM

vix - Congrats on the new low! Glad you're feeling better.

underanalysis and lulubellebc - Welcome!

LovesToTravel - That's a bummer about having the flu, I hope you are feeling better. Good luck on that last pound, round numbers are very satisfying for some reason.

I have my good days and my less than good days eating/exercise-wise, but I'm keeping on. Not gaining at least! I'm still hoping to get down to 130 by the end of August, but if I'm not I'll be accepting of that. My major goal for the year is not to gain anymore, including over the holidays.

A four day work week for me, as I'm taking off Friday to go camping! I'm very much looking forward to it. One of my favorite activities.

vix 08-05-2014 10:34 AM

Yay underanalysis and lulubellebc!!! Welcome!!

Well done on the 2lb loss LTC! Shame that you had the flu but great that high calorie days led to a loss - I like that kind of math!!

Have fun camping atmos - I love camping too!!!

tonimaroni2 08-06-2014 10:46 AM

Hey guys... I'm still hangin onto the 130's. My phone broke and I don't have access to this website at work so I can't check in very often. Nothing really knew. I've gotten back into IF and that always does wonders for me so hopefully I can stick with it.

Hoopty 08-09-2014 07:48 PM

So totally not in the 130s no more :( I'm working on coming back very soon!

tonimaroni2 - Good luck with IF! I've been interested in trying it out but it scares me lol...I get hungry every 3-4 hours so I'm a little sceptical.

lulubellebc 08-10-2014 11:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone :-) down 2.5 lbs, happy to be down to 135 this week

LovesToTravel 08-10-2014 02:43 PM

Thanks, Vix! TOM has bounced me right back up to 135 this week, but I'm hoping to see 134 again in a few days. Hope your summer is going well!

Atmos, I think you've got a really healthy outlook on your weight loss. Maintaining the loss is just as much of a success as losing at this point and the losses sure do come in fits and starts. Keep on keepin' on and I hope your camping trip was a blast!

tonimaroni, sorry to hear about your busted phone. :( Keep us posted when you get a chance about how the IF is going for you, I'm also intrigued.

It's just a minor setback, Hoopty, don't let it get to you! Summer is rough with all of the activities and traveling going on.

lulubellebc, congrats on your impressive loss! What's your strategy been?

Life is busy here and my eating habits aren't perfect (i.e. boxed mac 'n cheese for lunch today because I can), but I'm still going for persistence over perfection. Like Atmos, I'll consider it a victory if I can maintain for the rest of the year.

vix 08-11-2014 12:21 PM

Hey everyone!! Monday again...:(

Toni, sorry to hear about your phone, hopefully your return will bring a great big loss!! Good luck with the IF!

Hoopty, you're leaving us? Hope to see you again very sooooon!

Well done lulubellebc, looks like this thread has brought you a whooshy weight loss week! Congrats on the 135!

LovetoTravel, so sorry for calling you LTC, why did I do that?! I can spell, honest! lol

Mmm mac n cheese! A friend makes it with half the mac and puts cauliflower and broccoli in it instead, it still tastes good and she gets the top all crispy like I like! yumyum

So, down 0.5lbs this week for me, I weighed on Friday like always but I have been so busy all weekend, and updating here is normally something I do at work - it helps me more as at work is when I tend to get bored and a little slack, so it's a good daily or not so daily reminder if I come on here in the middle of checking emails etc. Back to the grind then....

underanalysis 08-11-2014 12:36 PM

I'm back in the 140s right now, but it's TOM. Last month I know I put on 2 lbs of water weight at this time so considering I'm only 140.4 right now I'm betting I'm still in the 30's really

Reclaiming_Waif 08-13-2014 08:49 AM

Hello everybody! I've been floating around 3 Fat Chicks for a while and just found this thread. I like finding a place for a people who have just a few pounds to lose. I feel like an idiot when I discuss weight loss with others who have 50+ pounds to lose. I know they are giving me the side eye. Quick overview, I am married, female, 40, and have one precious special needs daughter.

I have struggled to get rid of the same 5-10 pounds for the last decade and this time it bounced out of that zone and up to 15 pounds more than I like.

After a very traumatizing birth with a daughter in the NICU for nearly a year and her subsequent medical issues, my husband piled on about 40 pounds (he was already a little overweight) from stress and depression. I actually lost weight from not even remembering to eat (which if anyone knows me, it is almost inconceivable), but began to pile it on when we were basically quarantined for a year in my home with nothing to do but eat, eat, eat.

OK, so go forward to present day...husband goes to QWLC and signs up without consulting me and buys all these supplements, and bars, and pills. It is not the diet I would have chosen, but I am going to follow along with the dietary portion of it. If you aren't familiar with QWLC, there is a program exactly like it in other states called Fit4Life. And if you aren't familiar with F4L, it is the one where you eat half an orange twice a day for the first 3 days.

We did the 3 day fast start that ended yesterday. I started at 142 and this morning I am down to 138.6. Which is great and now I am back down to where I was before this last jump in my weight. My goal is very realistic for my body and in fact, I could could go down to 115 pounds, but really I would be very happy to be 125 which I haven't seen in about 15 years. I would probably be a Size 2 and need a whole new wardrobe.

In addition to the program, I am also doing C25K so I can tone up a little. I look good and tone on my top half, but the bottom half is a weak disaster. I have also been doing yoga at least 2 times a week more for the stretching, flexibility, and destressing qualities than anything else.

It really helps to have a dedicated partner doing it with you to help you stick to it. He has never dieted with me before and it has been hard to keep with it when I felt like I was having to make two meals all the time.

underanalysis 08-13-2014 10:24 AM

Welcome, Reclaiming! I know how you feel. Every time I talk about weight loss to friends who have more to lose, I feel ashamed for even wanting to be smaller, but the fact is that no matter what my weight is, I have a ways to go to really be healthy.

I'm still retaining water from TOM right now, but dropped to 139.6 today so I'm a proper 130's thread member again even with body fluctuations. ;)

atmos 08-13-2014 11:35 AM

Hey all...I'm finally checking in again! I've been a combination of busy/apathetic.

toni - That's a bummer about your phone. It's amazing how long we survived without them, but now that we have them it's such an inconvenience to go without.

hoopty - I vote you should stay with us, even if it takes a while to get back to the 130s. :) We shall see you again soon I'm sure!

lulubelle - Good job on the loss!

LovestoTravel - Thanks! My camping trip was a lot of fun! I know I retained a lot of water during it though, so no weigh in until later this week. I don't want to discourage myself. :) But is it wrong that I'm jealous of your mac and cheese?

vix - I agree that Mondays deserve a sad face.

underanalysis - Good attitude. It's important to understand weight fluctuations and that they aren't always representative of the true number.

Reclaiming - Welcome! I am still working on the C25K myself...I mostly concentrate on my dance now so running is something I don't do a lot of these days. I'm on the last "week" but have been for months! I need to shape up for a 5k I'm doing with friends in October. It's a really good program, I've always been a terrible runner. Hope you enjoy it!

Well, back from camping and trying to get into the swing of things again. Was a little sad/lazy on Monday but yesterday I got some things done around the house and did my 2 hour dance class, so I'm feeling more normal-like. After a frantic July full of overtime at work, I'm now practically begging people to assign me something to do. It's almost as frustrating as being too busy!

Today I don't have a scheduled dance class, which is a good opportunity to be lazy and not work out. So my major goal today is to start back up with weightlifting followed by a bit of a run. I am writing this down so that I must report back to you all about it. Perhaps it will encourage me?