3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

HungerWerks 02-05-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneten (Post 5127032)
Hit 135 today. Is it just me, or is there anyone else who loses more weight when they don't eat breakfast? I usually have a coffee or two for breakfast with milk and 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar and that fills me up until lunchtime no problem. If I have breakfast though, I think about food all morning until lunch and end up eating more! Dieticians are going to hate me haha.

Works for me. Actually, I do intermittent fasting, so sometimes, though I get all the medically-recommeneded calories for the week (8400) and more, I just eat one meal a day (some days; two days a week I eat as much as I want).

Best, most effective diet I've ever been on, and I've been on a LOT, lol. :goodscale

As far as soda goes: I have it sometimes, but we did have a guy come to our school, when I was in college, and hold up a pack of cigarettes and a Coke, and asked us which was more dangerous for our health. Surprise! He said the soda. He said it eats away at your bones! :?:

RR86, congratulations! :carrot:

mottainai 02-05-2015 08:56 PM

Oneten, neat, where in Japan did you go? We've been living here several years now in Tokyo, haven't really been to a lot of touristy places though, just living in a smaller residential area. I try to avoid the busier areas, lol. I love the countryside, if you've been out there.

AmethystJean 02-05-2015 09:59 PM

Back up to 133. Ugh
Not posting or logging is not good for me but when I do 8 hours of homework a day and work and sleep, there is little time left. Need to make time, plan my meals and stop using food as a break.

Oneten 02-05-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5128619)
Oneten, neat, where in Japan did you go? We've been living here several years now in Tokyo, haven't really been to a lot of touristy places though, just living in a smaller residential area. I try to avoid the busier areas, lol. I love the countryside, if you've been out there.

Hi mottainai! We went to Yokohama, Tokyo and Kyoto so bit of everything really! :)

Re: diet drinks, this is my weakness :o http://v-energy.com.au/products/v-sugarfree/

kifli 02-06-2015 12:49 AM

Don't beat yourself up, Amethyst Jean. It's just a very demanding period in your life. I was just overweight during grad school, and there really wasn't much time to do anything else except try to survive! I was one of the few in my class who also worked. You are doing great! Admirable you are even putting in effort. :)

kifli 02-06-2015 12:54 AM

Oneten - I wasn't able to open the link for some reason. I'm sure it's good. I usually just drink water, but sometimes I go for periods of flavored low calorie drinks. I'm just paranoid of the artificial sweeteners, so that's why I don't do it daily. I haven't really read up on the studies. So not sure if it's good or bad.

I'm headed to San Francisco tonight at 3:30am (leaving for the airport). The continuing education course I am attending provides breakfast and lunch both Saturday and Sunday. I'm on my own all day Friday and will do a lot of walking/window shopping. I do plan on eating the chowder and SanFran sourdough bread. I also may hit a couple of Afghani restaurants, as we don't have that food in Oregon and I love the rice. However, I will try to maintain until I get back Monday. Maybe I will hit the gym all three days at the hotel to compensate :)

AmethystJean 02-06-2015 04:51 PM

Ooh I love Afghani rice. It's on my to do list right now.

I wish I could not work and just focus on school. That was my plan for the last year. I actually resigned effective Jan 30, but by now my tuition has maxed out my credit cards and OSAP (gov student loan) only has given me 1911 of my 15000 tuition (not counting living expenses). So I'm kind of screwed. Even working, I'm at a $500 deficit a month. I hope the bank will give me the last 2 trimesters because we have to pay for our practicum ahead of time not monthly. If I worked this hard to double up on courses so I stay on time with my practicum just to get rejected financially I will be devastated.

Wow, sorry for the heavy post. I guess I don't really have enough outlets for the stress.

mottainai 02-06-2015 06:52 PM

131.8 (22.7% BF) this morning, even after a pretty heavy dinner (lasagna and salad and cake)
Had a lot of fun yesterday, took my baby daughter out for a playdate with a new friend! It made me appreciate just how active and strong and, basically, BIG my own baby is; my friend's has trouble breastfeeding and was much smaller and weaker. I'll try not to get annoyed when Sara wants to BF every hour for a while!

AmethystJean, I'm so sorry for your financial stuff interfering with school! That sucks. ): Don't apologize for posting though, this is a great place to vent! I really hope the bank works out!!

Oneten, San Francisco sounds fun! We have family near there. Do be sure to enjoy the food and the fun! Life's too short (:

kifli 02-07-2015 12:18 AM

Amethyst - So sorry you are going through that! It's stressful enough, but to worry about financial aid is even worse. I'm hoping it will work out for you. Just keep plugging away....there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if the tunnel ends up being longer than you planned for. Personally, I had to take out a lot of loan, was a 'starving...so to speak' student, and my path was long due to finances. YOU WILL GET THERE! And yes, you can vent ANY time here! Everyone has stressors in this life. You just happen to have a lot right now :(
BTW, that's awesome you know about Afghani food. Not many people do. I had a friend in Oregon whose mother made the best rice/bread, Qormas in the world (IMO). I still crave it. The friend moved away. We don't have any Afghani restaurants in my state, so if I see one (California), I go out of my way to try it. Unfortunately, it's just not as good as her mom's. I was told she was a great cook, and now I see that is definitely true.

Mottainai - I had one of each...a weak, fragile one, barely made weight and was a very poor nurser, and later, a strong hardy one who was a great nurser. I feel bad for your friend, as I know how stressful that can be when your baby is not nursing well. It was the hardest time for me. And I also feel for you, as I know how tired you can get when the baby wants to nurse every hour, lol :)

I really over did it today in San Francisco. I ate a Farmers breakfast at the airport about 300 cals, followed by a small 50 calorie snack. Then off to Afghani food, which is my favorite, but wasn't as good as it could have been. I spent $30, ate too many calories, and wasted the leftovers b/c it wasn't worth all of the calories. I then ate 2 large and 1 small cupcake at Cakos - They were worth every, single, calorie. Then Chowder in a San Francisco sourdough bread bowl. Probably 2400 calories in all.

Now that I got it out of my system, I will eat more 'normally' tomorrow and the rest of the trip :)
Not sure what I weigh today. I have triplet food babies right now :)
I did walk about 25 blocks in the pouring down rain, looking for the delicious food though :P

HungerWerks 02-07-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmethystJean (Post 5128650)
Back up to 133. Ugh
Not posting or logging is not good for me but when I do 8 hours of homework a day and work and sleep, there is little time left. Need to make time, plan my meals and stop using food as a break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kifli (Post 5128710)
Don't beat yourself up, Amethyst Jean. It's just a very demanding period in your life. I was just overweight during grad school, and there really wasn't much time to do anything else except try to survive! I was one of the few in my class who also worked. You are doing great! Admirable you are even putting in effort. :)

I can't imagine working AND going to school. You two are amazing! :)

HungerWerks 02-07-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kifli (Post 5128711)
Oneten - I wasn't able to open the link for some reason. I'm sure it's good. I usually just drink water, but sometimes I go for periods of flavored low calorie drinks. I'm just paranoid of the artificial sweeteners, so that's why I don't do it daily. I haven't really read up on the studies. So not sure if it's good or bad.

I'm headed to San Francisco tonight at 3:30am (leaving for the airport). The continuing education course I am attending provides breakfast and lunch both Saturday and Sunday. I'm on my own all day Friday and will do a lot of walking/window shopping. I do plan on eating the chowder and SanFran sourdough bread. I also may hit a couple of Afghani restaurants, as we don't have that food in Oregon and I love the rice. However, I will try to maintain until I get back Monday. Maybe I will hit the gym all three days at the hotel to compensate :)

Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to hear about it. And I'm going to look up Aghani rice - thanks for the idea! :D

Edit: Sounds like you're having fun, Kifli! And you're being so mindful of your eating that I'm sure it will all be dealt with easily afterwards.

HungerWerks 02-07-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5129009)
131.8 (22.7% BF) this morning, even after a pretty heavy dinner (lasagna and salad and cake)
Had a lot of fun yesterday, took my baby daughter out for a playdate with a new friend! It made me appreciate just how active and strong and, basically, BIG my own baby is; my friend's has trouble breastfeeding and was much smaller and weaker. I'll try not to get annoyed when Sara wants to BF every hour for a while!

AmethystJean, I'm so sorry for your financial stuff interfering with school! That sucks. ): Don't apologize for posting though, this is a great place to vent! I really hope the bank works out!!

Oneten, San Francisco sounds fun! We have family near there. Do be sure to enjoy the food and the fun! Life's too short (:

That does put things into perspective. A family member couldn't breastfeed much at all, after her baby was born two months premature. All are happy and healthy now, though, thank the Lord! Glad Sara is doing so well. :)

mottainai 02-07-2015 05:51 PM

131.2 / 22.1% bf
Sooo close to 120's but deliberately still holding myself back from being extreme. Had a pretty huge lunch/dinner with some relatives that came to visit and enjoyed all the food without minding too much, 15-20 sushi, some fried chicken, salad/veggie dishes, and 3 different desserts, choco nut cookies and strawberries with cream and sesame sugar dumplings. Sounds like a lot, but everyone ate that much, we don't skimp on food when guests are around here!

I hope to be out of the 130's after this week if all goes well though.

HungerWerks 02-08-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5129314)
131.2 / 22.1% bf
Sooo close to 120's but deliberately still holding myself back from being extreme. Had a pretty huge lunch/dinner with some relatives that came to visit and enjoyed all the food without minding too much, 15-20 sushi, some fried chicken, salad/veggie dishes, and 3 different desserts, choco nut cookies and strawberries with cream and sesame sugar dumplings. Sounds like a lot, but everyone ate that much, we don't skimp on food when guests are around here!

I hope to be out of the 130's after this week if all goes well though.

Sounds like the calm approach of someone who knows how to lose weight, has lost it before, and has confidence she can lose it again. Very inspiring! And all the food sounds heavenly! :)

Oneten 02-09-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungerWerks (Post 5129258)
I can't imagine working AND going to school. You two are amazing! :)

I'm working full time and doing evening class (Masters) :) Challenging but I love it. My admiration goes out for the women and men doing both plus kids