3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

vix 05-30-2014 10:40 AM

Totally agree with you atmos!!

Having a healthy relationship with food doesn't mean eating when the clock strikes 6, it means taking internal hunger cues to recognize when you're hungry and what you want to eat, based around a healthy balanced diet. Getting in touch with those cues is the key to a healthy relationship with food, and you really don't need others or a clock telling you when to eat. And if you're out and nothing appeals to you, are they saying it's better to eat something you don't want? Crazy!

I have been experiencing that lately, I go to my boyfriend's mom's house sometimes for lunch and she always feeds me so much food, all I can manage later is a yogurt or something light. She says I'm so thin I'm practically transparent (which is far from the truth!) but she sees me eat, so I guess she must think I have a secret eating disorder or something. I can't win!!

Managed to eek out a 0.7 lb loss this week - less than 3lbs to goooooo!!!

Sum38 05-31-2014 08:54 AM

138.6. Atleast I am ending the month below 140 and hopefully starting next month in my 130's!

atmos 05-31-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vix (Post 5013545)
I have been experiencing that lately, I go to my boyfriend's mom's house sometimes for lunch and she always feeds me so much food, all I can manage later is a yogurt or something light. She says I'm so thin I'm practically transparent (which is far from the truth!) but she sees me eat, so I guess she must think I have a secret eating disorder or something. I can't win!!

I have the same problem when I visit my family. I only see them (especially aunts/uncles and cousins) only a couple times a year due to the fact that I live over 1000 miles away from everyone. Some members of my family are a bit heavy, but both my aunts are quite thin.

Anyway, where I come from we eat a lot and quite a large amount of the population are overweight. I get looks/comments when I refuse food or take small portions. I think they're finally getting used to seeing me in the 130s range, but if I continue to work on my goal to reduce body fat then I'm sure some comments will start up again.

I always gain about 5 pounds when I go home because it's big portions, unhealthy food, lots of snacks, and no exercise in my immediate family's house. I'll need to be careful when I'm there next weekend!

Sum38 06-01-2014 06:59 AM

A new low for me 135.4!

Sindaena 06-01-2014 02:26 PM

Great work Sum!

I'm at 136.6 today... making progress. :)

Sum38 06-02-2014 05:00 PM

Sum38 06-03-2014 11:02 AM

Ate too much last night...and drank a lot of water really late at night... 139.2. Eating OP today and exercising, hoping that I will lose a few pounds of bloat. What irks me, I am constantly losing bloat :mad: I wish I could control my eating and stay OP and actually lose the weight. UGH!

Hoping to see a better number tomorrow.

atmos 06-03-2014 12:08 PM

Well yesterday was day 4 in a row that I've not been watching what I eat and not been exercising. I hurt my feet in dance on Thursday, used it as an excuse not to exercise Friday (plus ordered myself a pizza), and it has been all downhill from there.

I have dance class tonight so I at least will have to do that. I'm hoping that knowing how craptacular I feel in dance if I haven't eaten properly will help me get back on track today.

I'm leaving down Thursday afternoon and not getting back til Monday night as well. Time with the family usually equals a weight gain. I need to head into it with a better state of mind. And not care if I get dumb comments about not eating enough, not eating certain things, or exercising.

tonimaroni2 06-04-2014 11:43 AM

Hey all, it's been a long time since I've been here but I need some support again! I've been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for a year. This morning I weighed in extra heavy at 139.4, going in the wrong direction for bikini season.

SUM - I see you're still here! Nice to see a familiar face after being MIA for so long still fighting the good fight!

Anyone following a specific program? Sorry I didn't read through all the posts to catch up yet.

Sum38 06-04-2014 12:10 PM

Hi Toni!! I remember you!! I think we battled the 150's together!

I am still here, fighting the fight; hoping to finish this journey this summer. I finally found my mojo March 28th, 2013 (Yeah it was an a-haa moment for me)...I was around 170 pounds and miserable. So I have been slowly losing the weight during the past year + , today I clocked 135.6 on my scale. :yay:

What diet plan are you following?

tonimaroni2 06-04-2014 04:30 PM

Awesome job! I need to find my mojo again... I really like fasting and what it does for my mind and body, specifically the fast 5 program.... but it's sooo hard to get into the habit when I'm working. I just need to get past the first few days. So today is day 1 again.

vix 06-05-2014 09:41 AM

Welcome (back) Toni!!!

Good luck at dance class atmos, hope you have fun!!

Sum38 06-05-2014 10:41 AM

138; my fast day turned out to a pig out day :o

LovesToTravel 06-05-2014 11:15 PM

Back after getting busy and going into semi-lurk mode for a couple of weeks. The last week of May was rough. We hosted a BBQ and I had SO MUCH FOOD. Burgers and chips and pasta salad and pie and cookies (so many cookies) and also soda and alcohol (more soda than alcohol, I'm not much of a drinker). Then there was the rehoming of leftovers before I devoured them all.

The scale jumped 3 pounds, oof. Thankfully, after reining it back in for a few days and consuming lots of water, 2.5 pounds of it came off within the past 3 days. It amazes me how much I can sometimes eat and it just ends up being water weight. :dunno: Dunno, the wonderful mysteries of life I guess.

justai 06-06-2014 02:14 AM

Scale won't budge. 139 lbs still. :shrug: