3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

kifli 01-29-2015 02:29 AM

Exciting Skittles! I know you have been waiting. Should be fun :)

kifli 01-29-2015 02:31 AM

Hunger - "food baby" lol! I was feeling slim until I ate something that bloated me out today. I currently have "food baby twins" :P

skittlesfirehawk 01-29-2015 09:49 AM

131.0 wtf I need to be 128 this week I've been eating healthy expect for that one day and I can't believe it screwed up my weight so bad since the day before I was gonna be 129 the next day

AmethystJean 01-29-2015 03:44 PM

I'm back after a good two weeks then an 9 day bender. One good day, binge yesterday. Good so far today. Fasting so far. Killed it at the gym. This is how I like my day to go. I need to lose as much as I can in 2 weeks for my nurse appointment (for the health program I am part of). I've been stuck for so long I want it to show that it's making a difference.

Oneten 01-29-2015 05:05 PM

I'm back! :) Sorry for the huge absence (and happy new year to you all!) Will write more when I finish work for the day but just wanted to check in (lovely to see familiar names still). You're all doing so well x

kifli 01-29-2015 06:12 PM

Oh my! So good to see you back, Oneten! I thought you were gone permanently :) I changed my goal to 110 shortly after you left, hehe :) You were missed!

Mottainai- Welcome. And congratulations on your beautiful little baby!

Amethyst - You can do it girl! So glad to see you back!

Gertie - Cupcakes and cake in general, is definitely my weakness. I would have finished them off, lol.
Haven't heard of the 21 day fix. Good luck with it!

I have been teetering b/w 125.5 and 126. I'm hoping it will land on 125 :) Feeling motivated again.

AmethystJean 01-29-2015 11:02 PM

Hi oneten and kifli!

I had a good day and can't wait to step on the scale in the morning. Better get to bed so I can wake up thinner lol

Oneten 01-30-2015 05:23 AM

Thanks Kifli and Amethyst! Great to be back!

Since I posted last I've been flat out with work, building a house and traveling so the pounds have gradually crept on but I've had a fabulous time doing it lol :)

Now that I'm back settled in my usual routine, I'm determined to get back on track to 110! My goal is to lose 5 pounds in the month of February to be 131.

AmethystJean 01-30-2015 10:02 AM

133.2 I really wanted to see less. This is only down .2 but I didn't weigh myself yesterday after my binge the day before, so it was probably higher than that yesterday. I was just expecting more with a 700 cal deficit yesterday (not counting BMR). A loss is still a loss.

kifli 01-30-2015 11:56 AM

Amethyst - Sorry... Hard work usually pays off :( But yes, you still saw a loss, so YAY!

Oneten - I have always wanted to build a house. How exciting! That may be in my market in a couple of years, if I don't find one in the area where I eventually settle for work. So glad to have you back....but maybe I already told you that! Glad you enjoyed your time off!

Well my teeter totter landed on 126 instead of 125.
Leaving for Portland today for skiing tomorrow. Will try my best to stay on plan! I do not want to see 127 again!

AmethystJean 01-30-2015 07:07 PM

Can I have your 127 kifli? That way you don't have to see it again, and I can get back below 130 lol ;)

Another good day. Fasting. Didn't get to the gym but I was running around and walked 5k, half of that with my groceries on my back. So praying that the scale gods will smile on me tomorrow!

AmethystJean 01-31-2015 10:05 AM

Down 1.8 yippee!

skittlesfirehawk 01-31-2015 11:15 AM

Ugh still 130

HungerWerks 01-31-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmethystJean (Post 5125857)

Down 1.8 yippee!

Congrats! :)

kifli 01-31-2015 08:04 PM

Awesome, Amethyst! You'll be below 130 soon enough :)

Skittles - I know it's not where you want to be, but you are still doing great!

AmethystJean 01-31-2015 09:59 PM

Thanks!
I didn't have Indian food for dinner as I was supposed to. I should have just gone myself (at least I would have gotten a 5 k walk in). I was feeling wounded after being stood up and went shopping and ate and went to the movies. I think I managed to keep it around 1200 calories but it could easily have been double. I hate eating when you don't know what the calories are in something. Back to fasting tomorrow.

Oneten 02-01-2015 01:23 AM

Great work Kifli and Amethyst - you're both tiny!

Think I'll start weighing in weekly so will assume I'm still on SW of 136 :)

AmethystJean 02-01-2015 02:04 PM

Stayed the same at 131.4 this morning. Better than gaining.

Missed breakfast as I was late for my workout. Back and tris :lifter: and I skipped rope and ran a bit too.

Lunch was awesome. Swiss chard with apples and raisins and a little swiss chard wrap all for 244 cals. So I am at a 300 cal deficit with my workout, so far. YAY! :D

Lluvia 02-01-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmethystJean (Post 5126384)

That's a good attitude to take. Been hovering at 136 for the past week, myself... It may take time, but the numbers will go down eventually! Just gotta keep at it.

Super Bowl Sunday is here, and I just heard the menu for the party I'm going to with friends... Pizza, cake, deviled eggs, cupcakes... all sorts of things that I probably shouldn't have. I'm going to need a lot of willpower to get through this! I'm thinking of grabbing a small meal before I head out to minimize my snacking.

HungerWerks 02-01-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmethystJean (Post 5126384)

Missed breakfast as I was late for my workout. Back and tris :lifter: and I skipped rope and ran a bit too.

Lunch was awesome. Swiss chard with apples and raisins and a little swiss chard wrap all for 244 cals. So I am at a 300 cal deficit with my workout, so far. YAY! :D

Good working out! :)

HungerWerks 02-01-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lluvia (Post 5126459)
That's a good attitude to take. Been hovering at 136 for the past week, myself... It may take time, but the numbers will go down eventually! Just gotta keep at it.

Super Bowl Sunday is here, and I just heard the menu for the party I'm going to with friends... Pizza, cake, deviled eggs, cupcakes... all sorts of things that I probably shouldn't have. I'm going to need a lot of willpower to get through this! I'm thinking of grabbing a small meal before I head out to minimize my snacking.

Good idea! Forewarned is forearmed. :)

Oneten 02-01-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lluvia (Post 5126459)
That's a good attitude to take. Been hovering at 136 for the past week, myself... It may take time, but the numbers will go down eventually! Just gotta keep at it

136 twins! :)

RedRose86 02-01-2015 08:57 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been on this board in a while, but count me in to the saying goodbye to the 130's. I'm so close but I know this might take a while. Argh.

Oneten 02-01-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRose86 (Post 5126578)
Hey guys, I haven't been on this board in a while, but count me in to the saying goodbye to the 130's. I'm so close but I know this might take a while. Argh.

Welcome RR! Another 136 twin!

AmethystJean 02-01-2015 11:00 PM

Good planning lluvia. How did the party go?

I forgot it was superbowl until I tested my friend and she said she was just about to watch it. Lol

Thanks hungerwerks

Hi redrose

Finished the day at 798 cals and nervous and excited to get on the scale in the morning. It could go either way since it wasn'ta fasting day or a normal day.

Oneten 02-02-2015 04:45 PM

Hit 135 today. Is it just me, or is there anyone else who loses more weight when they don't eat breakfast? I usually have a coffee or two for breakfast with milk and 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar and that fills me up until lunchtime no problem. If I have breakfast though, I think about food all morning until lunch and end up eating more! Dieticians are going to hate me haha.

RedRose86 02-02-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneten (Post 5127032)
Hit 135 today. Is it just me, or is there anyone else who loses more weight when they don't eat breakfast? I usually have a coffee or two for breakfast with milk and 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar and that fills me up until lunchtime no problem. If I have breakfast though, I think about food all morning until lunch and end up eating more! Dieticians are going to hate me haha.

Well I guess it makes sense. Calories in vs calories out, so you're probably consuming less cals throughout the day. I wouldn't say it's good if you were working out on that empty stomach though, lol.

Oneten 02-03-2015 07:56 PM

Steady on 135 today :)

What's everyone's opinion on diet soft drinks? Cancer causing? Godsend?

RedRose86 02-03-2015 08:02 PM

Annnd still 136. Why is it that I've lost 50 lbs and know how weight loss works but I'm still so impatient by how slow it goes? Lol. On diet drinks, I don't like the taste of the sweetener. If I want caffeine I go for unsweetened tea. Some people really love them though.

kifli 02-04-2015 12:51 PM

On diet drinks - I think of man made artificial ingredients. That said, I drank a tall glass of diet Coke on the rocks yesterday :)
BTW, it may be pure coincidence, but my mom who drank Diet Pepsi for years, stopped recently, and her skin looks so much better. She thinks it's due to the pop. I don't know if that's the case, but her skin looks great now.

When I was at my skinniest weight (younger days), I always skipped breakfast. I just didn't get hungry. Now I don't eat until 9 or 10am. If I do eat earlier than 9, I have a tendency to eat more calories that day. If it's later, then I usually just want an early lunch. And yes, it seems that as soon as I take that first bite, my 'fast' is over and my body is primed to start eating :)

Oneten 02-04-2015 05:48 PM

Kifli - have you got a before and after thread? I've just noticed that you started at 194 and now you're tiny (and will definitely make it to 110, I can tell!)

kifli 02-04-2015 11:44 PM

Oneten, I don't. When I was at my heaviest, I hated the way I looked and wouldn't allow photos. Especially after seeing photos, which showed how I truly looked :( I'm still having a hard time, even being at a thinner weight now, as I remember how I looked before pregnancy. I used to like my body. But the weight gain and pregnancy has taken its toll. It's no excuse to not try to look the best I can now though, so I will continue to lose, and then tone up. Maybe one day I will post some pics :)

RedRose86 02-05-2015 01:59 PM

135.4! W00t! Almost there 134!

mottainai 02-05-2015 05:40 PM

134 this morning. I thought I was out of the 130s but then after this week and a lot of overeating on chocolate and junk food out of stress I'm still back in, bloated, but still it doesn't really count. I like to think of my "true" weight to be what it is after a "bad" week of eating, not a super on-point one.

I used to loooove diet drinks and have them every day, but when I got pregnant and started having them only rarely, they started tasting kinda funny, so now I don't drink them anymore. I prefer chilled teas and water now, and when I do want something sweet for dessert or a snack, it's not a big deal to go for the sugared one. less calories than having a sugary piece of cake or something, anyway!

Oneten 02-05-2015 05:53 PM

Great work RR and Mottenai! (Love, love, love Japan I went there 6 months ago and had a fab time with hubby).

Kifli I know what you mean - just because a person is light doesn't mean they are toned and can't wait to post pictures. I'm sure you are stunning now and were then also but can understand why you'd want to wait even if the scales show a tiny weight :)

Heading down to a park concert and then the beach this weekend - going to be 35C (95F in your language!)

HungerWerks 02-05-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneten (Post 5127032)

Works for me. Actually, I do intermittent fasting, so sometimes, though I get all the medically-recommeneded calories for the week (8400) and more, I just eat one meal a day (some days; two days a week I eat as much as I want).

Best, most effective diet I've ever been on, and I've been on a LOT, lol. :goodscale

As far as soda goes: I have it sometimes, but we did have a guy come to our school, when I was in college, and hold up a pack of cigarettes and a Coke, and asked us which was more dangerous for our health. Surprise! He said the soda. He said it eats away at your bones! :?:

RR86, congratulations! :carrot:

mottainai 02-05-2015 07:56 PM

Oneten, neat, where in Japan did you go? We've been living here several years now in Tokyo, haven't really been to a lot of touristy places though, just living in a smaller residential area. I try to avoid the busier areas, lol. I love the countryside, if you've been out there.

AmethystJean 02-05-2015 08:59 PM

Back up to 133. Ugh
Not posting or logging is not good for me but when I do 8 hours of homework a day and work and sleep, there is little time left. Need to make time, plan my meals and stop using food as a break.

Oneten 02-05-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5128619)
Oneten, neat, where in Japan did you go? We've been living here several years now in Tokyo, haven't really been to a lot of touristy places though, just living in a smaller residential area. I try to avoid the busier areas, lol. I love the countryside, if you've been out there.

Hi mottainai! We went to Yokohama, Tokyo and Kyoto so bit of everything really! :)

Re: diet drinks, this is my weakness :o http://v-energy.com.au/products/v-sugarfree/

kifli 02-05-2015 11:49 PM

Don't beat yourself up, Amethyst Jean. It's just a very demanding period in your life. I was just overweight during grad school, and there really wasn't much time to do anything else except try to survive! I was one of the few in my class who also worked. You are doing great! Admirable you are even putting in effort. :)