3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

kifli 01-16-2015 12:37 PM

Thank you, Skittles. Yes, progress pics tell all :) 131!!! Your weight keeps dropping...love that when that happens.

I'm down .5 to 126. Not sure why. Maybe my unplanned cheat day helped :)

Lluvia 01-16-2015 12:47 PM

Hey, everyone! I've officially joined your ranks today. :sunny:

Somehow, I get the feeling that the 130s won't be so easy to break... I've been in the 130s before in college, and it seemed like every time I got back into the 120s, it was never for long. (Of course, I never tried any sort of long-term healthy eating plan, so maybe this time will be different...)

@kifli - Man, I can't have planned cheat days, either! Life gets in the way far too often (and my plan is too restrictive to allow a full-on cheat day the moment). Crossing my fingers for you that you enjoy your vacation and easily get back on track!

kifli 01-16-2015 01:20 PM

Welcome, Lluvia! The 130's were tough for me, but you can do it! Just stick to your new way of eating :) Have a great weekend!

LovesToTravel 01-17-2015 10:41 AM

Welcome to the group, Lluvia! It's always nice to see new faces. :)

My husband and I are visiting my parents this weekend and...holy Tastykakes, Batman! My mom is so excited to see us and that somehow translated into buying us 5 boxes of Tastykakes and 2 big bags of mini donuts. :eek: Wut?

I appreciate her enthusiasm, but...I just can't with all of the sweets.

skittlesfirehawk 01-17-2015 10:42 AM

Hi lluva welcome. We have the same goal cool.i don't plan cheat days but if I really want something I have it.like last night I ate healthy lunch and dinner and had a bubble tea

skittlesfirehawk 01-17-2015 10:55 AM

132.8 ugh

kifli 01-17-2015 05:16 PM

Sorry, Skittles. But I did get a little chuckle after your proclamation of bubble tea last night :) Hope it wasn't due to that! Hopefully it will go back down tomorrow.

I'm trying not to over do it. The lodge where we ski has great breakfast burritos, so I had 1/2 of one this morning. They are large. It wasn't as good as I remember it last year, thankfully, probably b/c I loaded it with veggies :) Still logging food, but not sure of calorie counts.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

LovesToTravel - Tastykakes? I might have to google those. I haven't had them before. Sounds tempting! Good luck!

skittlesfirehawk 01-18-2015 02:11 PM

lovestotravel tasty cakes are the devil
im still trying to make ahead breakfast and i havent found anything yummy.

skittlesfirehawk 01-19-2015 09:55 AM

132.0 I see the back doctor tomorrow.hopefully I can start doing something in the gym before I explode.i need to start toning up.

skittlesfirehawk 01-20-2015 10:13 AM

131 saw back doctor.she said nothing on the mri is causing my back pain and she's gonna talk to her doctor friends and see if they can figure it out.

kifli 01-20-2015 12:40 PM

Skittles - glad you were finally able to see your doc today. I hope they figure it out :/ Nice job on the 131!

skittlesfirehawk 01-21-2015 12:25 AM

doc didnt go well we are getting a second opinion still no gym

gertie214 01-21-2015 10:34 AM

HI All, I have been lurking on the board and decided to post this morning because I am feeling frustrated by lack of movement on the scale. I am wondering if anyone has any advice about breaking through a plateau. I lost about 17 lbs doing a sort of fast diet. But after a while the weight was not budging and I lost motivation for that program. I decided to move onto ********** because my friend lost 30 lbs on it. Yesterday was my first day and I was just not very hungry so I did not eat very much. I did work out for the first time in two months and then drank the ********** after that. For dinner I had very little rotisserie chicken (~4 oz) and about 10 grapes. At about 9:00, I had about 150 cal worth of dark chocolate. There is no way I ate 1200 cal yesterday, but the scale moved UP today. Any thoughts? Can you kill your metabolism by fasting too much?

gertie214 01-21-2015 10:35 AM

Also, I would love to hear what plan everyone else is following.

skittlesfirehawk 01-21-2015 10:38 AM

Got weighed at doctors at 136. Both my at home scales are showing me at 131

kifli 01-21-2015 12:51 PM

Gertie,
I am not able to follow 'diet plans' long, or I fail miserably. I just love food too much, so I have to be flexible in my eating or I will binge big time.

I don't know what height you are, but I am 5'3 and I shoot for 1200 calories max per day of anything I want, with meals every 2-3 hours. 5-6 times a day. Obviously they are smaller meals/ snacks, but more often. I always end up having at least one cheat day per week, so my metabolism never gets out of whack. I try to drink two large water bottles per day. I exercise occasionally, but lost most of the weight without it. I started at 194+ and I'm now at 126-127.
This works well for me. Not fast, but it's doable long term.
I hope you find what works for you.
Plateaus are no fun!
Let us know if you have any other questions :)

gertie214 01-21-2015 03:13 PM

Thanks so much for your input. I am 5'3", too. I am so glad to know what is working for other people. Maybe just counting calories is the way to go. I realized after I posted that I may be retaining water since that usually happens when I shock my body by working out :) Hopefully, if I stick with it, the bloat will be gone by the weekend. I have been hovering in the 139-140 range for the past 2 weeks and I cannot break through. grrr!

kifli 01-21-2015 07:58 PM

Yes, I get a gain whenever I do a 'real' workout. Probably water retention like you mentioned, but it is SO discouraging! I also eat more when I work out and defeat the whole weight loss thing.
You'll break through sooner or later :) Determination helps.

gertie214 01-22-2015 10:26 AM

Your weight loss history is really inspiring. And great to know that you did it with a cheat day per week. Also good to know that you did it without much exercise (yay!) Did you ever experience plateaus along the way?

kifli 01-22-2015 01:14 PM

Plateaus....Oh my gosh, yes! I reached a plateau at 142, then a major one, teetering b/w 132 and 137.5. Could not for the life of me get below the 130's and now here I am :)
My plateaus are more cheating on my diet and the scale obviously not moving as a result! Diet is the key to weight loss. If I get stuck or want to lose faster, then I drop to 1050 a couple days of the week.
Everyone is different re: how many calories needed to lose, but 1050-1200 is what helps me. I just try to add veggies and some fruits to help make up for what I'm cutting out.
I'm kind of stuck at 126-127 right now too... but that is more due to not sticking to my calorie counts. I recommitted this morning, so hopefully by next Thurs I will see some results :)

skittlesfirehawk 01-23-2015 12:26 PM

130 today 129 here I come

kifli 01-23-2015 04:51 PM

Nice work, Skittles! 129 is going to feel great!

skittlesfirehawk 01-25-2015 12:31 AM

I see there is a 120's thread I can't wait

HungerWerks 01-25-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kifli (Post 5121084)
Gertie,
I am not able to follow 'diet plans' long, or I fail miserably. I just love food too much, so I have to be flexible in my eating or I will binge big time.

I don't know what height you are, but I am 5'3 and I shoot for 1200 calories max per day of anything I want, with meals every 2-3 hours. 5-6 times a day. Obviously they are smaller meals/ snacks, but more often. I always end up having at least one cheat day per week, so my metabolism never gets out of whack. I try to drink two large water bottles per day. I exercise occasionally, but lost most of the weight without it. I started at 194+ and I'm now at 126-127.
This works well for me. Not fast, but it's doable long term.
I hope you find what works for you.
Plateaus are no fun!
Let us know if you have any other questions :)

That is an amazing loss (hope it's o. k. to just blurt that out)! It takes a lot of dedication and stick-to-it-ive-ness. Hope I can continue that this year, after gaining over the holidays.

kifli 01-25-2015 02:05 PM

Thank you, Hunger! It took me a very long time, and only since September did I pick back up and continue moving down. I am very small-framed (even x-small gloves are too big) and still need to lose another good 10-15.
We can do it! :)

skittlesfirehawk 01-25-2015 02:46 PM

So 131 today but I had a late dinner last nite.im gonna start weight trainning at the gym with the machines

Vicincali2 01-25-2015 08:39 PM

PHP Code:

kifli 01-26-2015 01:31 AM

Yay, Skittles!

skittlesfirehawk 01-26-2015 09:57 AM

130.0 today yay. 129 here i come

HungerWerks 01-26-2015 11:08 AM

Not weighing today, as yesterday was an "Up Day." :D Will weigh in tomorrow morning, first thing.

skittlesfirehawk 01-26-2015 05:39 PM

Ugh went out to eat at a Texmex place.we only here every once in long while because of the wait for a table.i ate way to many chips with salsa but I did fill my beef fajita with veggies

HungerWerks 01-26-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk (Post 5123370)
Ugh went out to eat at a Texmex place.we only here every once in long while because of the wait for a table.i ate way to many chips with salsa but I did fill my beef fajita with veggies

I'm always longing for Texmex, but for some reason get there once in a blue moon. The chips sound magnificent, especially in my currently hungry state, lol. We have a great salsa in the next town over, with just the right amount of cilantro. Good going on the veggies! :)

gertie214 01-26-2015 06:43 PM

I know how you feel skittles, I was doing so well on my new diet until my girls convinced me to let them make cupcakes on Sat. night. Turns out they just wanted to make them not eat them. Turns out, I like to eat them. I have lost count of how many I had over the weekend. But it's Monday and I am back on. I have not weighed today, I am going to give it a few days. I started the 21 day fix last week and am back on it today. Anyone have any success with that plan?

HungerWerks 01-26-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gertie214 (Post 5123394)
I know how you feel skittles, I was doing so well on my new diet until my girls convinced me to let them make cupcakes on Sat. night. Turns out they just wanted to make them not eat them. Turns out, I like to eat them. I have lost count of how many I had over the weekend. But it's Monday and I am back on. I have not weighed today, I am going to give it a few days. I started the 21 day fix last week and am back on it today. Anyone have any success with that plan?

I'd never heard of the 21 Day Diet Fix, but, speaking of cupcakes, my first thought on seeing the container concept was "which container is for cake, and how much can I stuff in there," lol! But it seems like a decent program.

From what I read, people like the workouts, time-wise, just being 30 minutes. I like the fact that the workouts show people at different levels, so you can tailor it to suit yourself. Best wishes, at any rate! :)

mottainai 01-26-2015 08:03 PM

I need to join in this club! I'm currently just a few pounds into the 130s. Actually my scales only in kilos but lets just say under 60 is out of the 130s. I'm just a month postpartum so not expecting quick losses!

HungerWerks 01-26-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottainai (Post 5123430)
I need to join in this club! I'm currently just a few pounds into the 130s. Actually my scales only in kilos but lets just say under 60 is out of the 130s. I'm just a month postpartum so not expecting quick losses!

Glad you're here! Konnichiwa. :)

skittlesfirehawk 01-27-2015 07:38 AM

131. I'm hoping by eating great today the bloat will fix itself and I'll go back to 130.0 or hit 129.i need to be 128 by Sunday to meet ny goal for Disney

HungerWerks 01-27-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk (Post 5123585)
131. I'm hoping by eating great today the bloat will fix itself and I'll go back to 130.0 or hit 129.i need to be 128 by Sunday to meet ny goal for Disney

I get that bloating, too. I call it my "food baby"! It does seem to sometimes fix itself by morning, but it seems like, whenever I eat a fair-sized meal, it comes back. :(

skittlesfirehawk 01-28-2015 06:39 PM

i joined a new gym called crunch i have my first personal trainer appointment on monday

HungerWerks 01-28-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk (Post 5124516)
i joined a new gym called crunch i have my first personal trainer appointment on monday

That's so exciting! A gym can certainly make exercise more fun, especially if, as you have, you take advantage of perks like personal trainers. Please let us know how it goes, if you feel like it! :carrot: