3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Goodbye to the 140's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/294027-goodbye-140s.html)

Sum38 03-22-2014 09:00 AM

Goodbye to the 140's

Who's ready to kiss the 140's goodbye?

Sum38 03-22-2014 09:03 AM

142.4 this morning; hoping for a nice bloat whoosh and get below 140 by Friday.

yoyoma 03-22-2014 11:41 AM

Sum, thanks for starting the new thread. I tried, but I never did that before and I didn't know about closing the old one. Hoping you get your whoosh!

Shrinking, good luck with your new supplement. Congrats on your loss. You are so close to the 130's now!

Zumbachica, slow is good. The trend is all that really matters.

Vix, you probably lost more but it's hiding because of the function last night. Hope it shows up at your next weigh-in!

I have to report that I mistyped my weigh-in yesterday. I reported it as 148.0, but it was actually 144.8 (so I was up less than a pound from eating out). Anyway, today the scale is down to 144.2.

When I used to CC and I wanted to eat out, I had to choose between figuring out a way to eat on-plan or going off plan for a meal. Trying to eat out on-plan was challenging and often went awry. If I opted for the off-plan exception meal, I would often have difficulty the next day because it was such a change to be able to eat a fully satisfying meal that it was hard to go back to the grind. But now that my (one) meal is so satisfying, I don't have a problem the next day with staying on plan.

shr1nk1ngme 03-22-2014 01:55 PM

No weigh-in today, but good news! The new liquid iron supplement did the trick, in spite of the fact that it tastes like honey-dipped rusty nails and has six carbs per dose.

I brought my hematocrit up from 37 to 41 in one day! I was able to donate plasma again this morning. It is important to stay on schedule, because they give you bonuses for donating twice a week consistently.

I expect to be out of the 140's by early next week.

:carrot:

yoyoma 03-23-2014 07:17 AM

Cool beans, Shrinking, glad you found a good suplement for you. Hope you get to the 130's soon, but sorry to see you go!

I had a mini-whoosh today and am down to 143.6. :)

lulubellebc 03-23-2014 09:57 AM

No weight loss this week :( still holding at 149, hopefully a whoosh is coming!

Sum38 03-23-2014 10:24 AM

Down (nearly) another pound :yay: 141.8

yoyoma 03-24-2014 06:30 AM

Hang in there, lulubellebc!

Congrats, Sum! Looks like your visit to this board might not last long!

I bumped up today to 144.4. Oh, well, bumps happen.

Sum38 03-24-2014 06:41 AM

yoyoma I am so ready to kick the 140's to the curb!! :D

No change for me 141.8; I had a salty lunch; smoked salmon :drool: and I have DOMS...so I am retaining water like mad. I was trying to drink a lot yesterday, but what was going in was not coming out :o I am hoping for a nice whoosh!! I hope to be out of the 140's by the end of this month. That is 8 days to drop 1.8 pounds, that should be doable.

This time, I have taken slow what comes to my weight loss, it has taken me a year to lose 25 pounds. -- The last 4/6 weeks I have been maintaining. A lot of stuff happened incl. vacation and a nasty ear infection and I was not in a right mind set to lose weight. Luckily I think I have reconditioned myself what comes to food.... I did not gain, I maintained. I had a few horrid days what came to food, but somehow I was always able to pull myself together. It is nice to know that when maint. hits I may be able to succeed!

I am nowhere near maint. yet. I refuse to stop my weight loss at 140 pounds. But I am measly 15 pounds away.

Now that I am back at exercising, I hope to be there by May/June :crossed:

yoyoma 03-25-2014 07:01 AM

Sum, Being able to maintain when stuff hits the fan is a huge victory!

I'm at 144.4 again today. I think I might also end up in practice maintenance for a while. Things have just gotten much busier for me and my steps on the treadmill are way down now due to lack of time. That's likely to remain a problem for a while. I'd like to be thinner, but I will be happy if I can manage to maintain when I have to spend my time and energy on other things.

Sum38 03-25-2014 11:09 AM

Sometimes our bodies make me so mad; I am ovulating and after a fast day I am up a pound. UGH!

I usually don't mind my fast days. I fast on days when I do my volunteer job and I am usually so busy that I don't even have time to think about food. Well I was busy, but I was miserably hungry (thanks to ovulation). I could not wait to get home to my salad!

I had a big salad to cut the hunger edge off and then porkloin for dinner with veggies. For a snack I had apple w/pb...so nothing drastic, definitely not weight gain worthy stuff :)

Sad to write this down 142.8 :cry:

Sum38 03-25-2014 11:11 AM

Sometimes it is good to take a little diet break, yoyoma. If you maintain, you will come back stronger! I hope things settle down for you a bit.

shr1nk1ngme 03-25-2014 11:29 AM

I am experiencing a mini-stall. I am certain 140 is another set-point for me. I have hung up here in previous weight-loss attempts, too.

UGH! I am officially out of ketosis. Blood ketones measured .6 today (goal range is 1.3-3.0). http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im...frown_2011.gif But at least my blood sugar is good (85).

Donating plasma is ruining me! I had been adding a few additional carbs on donation days because supposedly the plasma donation uses a huge amount of blood sugar. I mean the plasma is supposed to take 64g of glucose and 44g protein out of my bloodstream, so I have been adding back in an additional 15-20g carbs on donation days, plus 30g or so of extra protein so I don't lose muscle mass. But apparently this is throwing me out of ketosis so I am going to change my approach. Probably the amount of glucose the plasma donation is supposedly taking from my bloodstream is very different for me. More likely they are getting a small mount of glucose and a whole lot of my ketones instead. So apparently, in my case, adding in extra dietary carbs is actually doubly counter-productive; it adds in carbs which aren't actually necessary, it throws me out of ketosis, AND it fails to add back the ketones the plasma donation took away.

From now on, I am going to add in only the non-negottiable additional carbs from the liquid iron supplement (it's sweetened with honey and has 8g carbs). I have found a source of liquid iron online which has no added sweetener; it should arrive soon (crosses fingers). I will continue to add a protein shake (add'l 20g protein) the day of the donation. And I think I need to add some coconut oil for its natural ketone content, and maybe some raspberry ketones, immediately after my donation.

3/4:147.0
3/6: 145.6
3/8: 145.2
3/9: 144.2
3/11: 143.8
3/12: 143.0
3/14: 141.8
3/19: 143.2
3/20: 142.0
3/21: 140.8
3/25: 140.8 ugh

Fat fast today to get back into ketosis. Will weigh in again tomorrow and re-test blood ketones.

yoyoma 03-26-2014 08:47 AM

Sum, sorry you got a bump up on the scale, but your food sounds both delicious and very diet-friendly and you know you didn't gain a pound of real weight.

Shrinking, sorry you are dealing with a stall. It must be doubly frustrating with you so close to the 130's! It may well have to do with adjustments for the plasma donations, but it sounds like you're on top of it and you'll get it straightened out!

No weigh-in for me today. I had a terrible night of (lack of) sleep and drank a big mug of coffee before I thought of weighing in. So, I'm just going to skip it today rather than try to adjust for the coffee weight. I haven't even gotten on the treadmill today, just taking the time to post this update then back to the grind.

The great news is that I had no trouble staying on my eating plan yesterday despite a looming deadline! If I can stay on it today with sleep deprivation added to the mix, I'm golden. It would be a huge silver lining in this temporary cloud.

Sum38 03-26-2014 08:49 AM

I was OP for another day and got some exercise in; my scale did not reward me for my good behavior :(

142.8 (still)

shr1nk1ngme 03-26-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyoma (Post 4970988)
Shrinking, sorry you are dealing with a stall. It must be doubly frustrating with you so close to the 130's! It may well have to do with adjustments for the plasma donations, but it sounds like you're on top of it and you'll get it straightened out!

No weigh-in for me today. I had a terrible night of (lack of) sleep and drank a big mug of coffee before I thought of weighing in. So, I'm just going to skip it today rather than try to adjust for the coffee weight. I haven't even gotten on the treadmill today, just taking the time to post this update then back to the grind.

The great news is that I had no trouble staying on my eating plan yesterday despite a looming deadline! If I can stay on it today with sleep deprivation added to the mix, I'm golden. It would be a huge silver lining in this temporary cloud.

Yoyoma Sorry you're not sleeping well. Hope that deadline doesn't keep you up at night any more. Congrats on staying on plan in spite of it!

Sum you can and you will overcome this temporary setback. Pretty soon we will all be in the 130's (again).

I promised myself I would start joining in more featherweights threads when I got to the 130's. I definitely don't feel like a featherweight, but that's because I'm 5'2". I won't be out of an "overweight" BMI until my weight is at 135. And even then I'll be at the upper end of "normal", definitely not a featherweight. Everyone keeps telling me my goal is too low, but I set it at 115, which is right smack in the middle of my healthy BMI range for my height. I plan to end up at about 120 after I go on a rigorous weightlifting/muscle building program.

---

Broke my mini-stall! My trusty fat fast got me back on track again. Works every time! Even though on a fat fast my overall calories are higher than any other time I still lose ~ a pound overnight when I do a fat fast. Keto dieting is like magic!

I am still not back in ketosis (0.7 on the blood ketone monitor) so today will have to be another fat fast day. That means I need to buy more Kerrygold butter and some more macadamia nuts.

I have a crazy busy day planned, including: Spanish class, plasma donation, lunch with girlfriends, driving the afternoon carpool, taking DD to her hair appointment, grocery store, farmer's market, and then ladies' Bible study tonight. Sheesh! I don't see how I am going to have any time to eat ANYTHING. I think I might need to cancel the lunch. I just don't see myself going out to lunch right after a plasma donation; I always feel so weak afterwards.

3/4:147.0
3/25: 140.8
3/26: 140.0

Sum38 03-26-2014 09:55 AM

I was doing the featherweight's daily weigh in. I am considered normal weight at 142 pounds, but I feel like that I should be under 140 pounds to participate.... so I hear you shrinking.

There are 2 get me out of the 130's threads, btw. I can post links if you can't find them.

Everybody is really nice over at Feathers, though. -- I do participate the chat thread.

shr1nk1ngme 03-26-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4971059)
I was doing the featherweight's daily weigh in. I am considered normal weight at 142 pounds, but I feel like that I should be under 140 pounds to participate.... so I hear you shrinking.

There are 2 get me out of the 130's threads, btw. I can post links if you can't find them.

Everybody is really nice over at Feathers, though. -- I do participate the chat thread.

Please post the links, the "get me out of" threads are sooo hard to find because the search function doesn't search any of the terms. Thanks!

And you are NOT a cow. Don't you dare talk about my friend (you) that way! :nono:

This is a cow: :moo:

This is YOU: :angel:

And I am sending you some :dust:

Sum38 03-26-2014 04:06 PM

There is this one; http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/feat...e-ya-130s.html

I participate this one; http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...dbye-130s.html Or participated :D

And thanks for your kind words, I just feel like a :moo: right now. :D

vix 03-26-2014 06:54 PM

Wow, lots of updates!! I miss a couple days and we're already on page 2 of a new thread! You all sound like you have got things in hand, even if life is getting in your ways!! Good luck to you all for your weigh ins tomorrow!! I'm going to wait til Friday and then get back to you - fingers crossed!!

Can't believe we're nearly in April! It's getting close to 6 months since I started my weight loss plan and it has really flown by, which is a good sign I guess!

yoyoma 03-27-2014 09:37 AM

Just a quick status dump for me:

Managed to eat on-plan and slept better last night, weigh-in at 143.8. :)

When I designed this plan to be maintenance-friendly, I wasn't thinking about making it crunch-friendly (since my strategy has been to try avoid crunches instead) but it turns out Keeping It Stupidly Simple works for both!

Sum38 03-27-2014 10:02 AM

Still waiting for my whoosh, I lost a pound though.

shr1nk1ngme 03-27-2014 10:41 AM

Didn't get to donate plasma yesterday since their rules prevented it; apparently I am donating too often. So I will go back on Saturday.

Today is day three of a three day fat fast. My ketones are inching back up to optimal ketosis levels. Not there yet. Hopefully by tomorrow morning...

Blood ketones:

3/25: .6
3/26: .7
3/27: 1.0

Goal = 1.3-3.0

Weight:

3/4: 147.0
3/25: 140.8
3/26: 140.0
3/27: 139.6

http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Kp0.png

yoyoma 03-28-2014 07:17 AM

A pound is great progress, Sum. A minor setback is nothing to beat yourself up about!

Shrinking, seems like you are really on top of your plan and it's working for you. Must be exciting to see that 3 on the scale!

Vix, glad to hear that the time on your eating plan hasn't dragged. It sounds like it's compatible with maintenance.

I'm still buried, but still eating on-plan. Everything else (exercise, chores, etc) has gone blooey. But my weigh-in is at 143.6. Another day below 144 and I'm going to move the ticker! :)

Sum38 03-28-2014 07:42 AM

No weigh in for me, over did on food a bit yesterday :o

shr1nk1ngme 03-28-2014 09:25 AM

139.2 today. Fat fast is done! Today is an ordinary UpDay so I have a yummy menu planned. I know the weight will be back up above 140 tomorrow (always bounces up after an UpDay) but I will weigh in again Monday and I am hopeful that it will still have gone down again.

I am determined to report that I made my March goal.

http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Kp0.png

vix 03-28-2014 12:08 PM

Hey everyone, weigh in day for me!! I'm super happy to report I had what I would call a whoosh week for me, losing 1.5lbs since last Friday! Well, compared to the last two weeks it was a whoosh anyways as I moved down a measly 1.5 pounds from the beginning of March and then in the last week I lost another 1.5! I guess I don't have too long to go now but still, it's 8lbs and I have to be prepared that this could take me 3 months the way I'm going lately. But, it's great to be at the lower end of the 140s!!

Well done shr1nk1ng, like yoyoma says it must be a real boost to see that 3 in your scale number! The way you're going I'm sure you'll see it again on Monday!

Great news on the 1 pound loss, sum, and so close to the 130s - you'll be back down again in no time!

Move that ticker down yoyoma!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

yoyoma 03-29-2014 06:54 AM

Vix, congrats on seeing good progress on the scale!

Sum, get back on the horse. Off days happen; we just need to make sure we get back on track.

Shrinking, you did a great job in March regardless of whether or not the scale registers a few more ounces of loss.

I'm done with one big deadline, but I've got another to work on through the weekend and when this is done, there may already be more piled up. Not to mention the backlog of chores and stuff. But, I'm still eating on-plan and down to 143.4, so I'm moving the ticker!

yoyoma 03-30-2014 06:36 AM

Yesterday, I continued to eat on-plan without any real difficulty. I did go for a walk outside with DH so my exercise wasn't rock-bottom like it was the previous couple days. Scale stayed the same at 143.4.

We have plans to eat out tonight and I'm expecting to see a bump up tomorrow.

yoyoma 03-31-2014 09:11 AM

Bump up today to 144.6, but not unexpected. Last night we ate at the Outback (pretty much one of the last places I would choose, but it was a celebration for DD). I ate everything I wanted to eat, and let's just say that I know I would gain weight pretty quickly if that were my usual daily meal.

I'm done just now with the second big deadline. Time to catch up on chores and see if I have new items on my plate today.

vix 03-31-2014 12:12 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! My kids were away with their dad this weekend so I had lots of me time to relax and I went to the gym both days! I did an hour on the cross trainer on saturday and my legs and arms are really hurting now!! Hope the muscle ache doesn't lead to a gain this week. I like to go backwards on the crosstrainer to work different muscles in my legs and then I did alternative 5 minutes of pushing with my arms and relaxing my legs as that works your triceps apparently.

The girls are back and so is the madness today!

Glad to hear you are still losing yoyoma, and all while getting all your piles of work done! Did you choose from the under 600 calories menu at Outback? That still seems a lot to me for one meal, I hate to think how many calories the other dishes contain!!

yoyoma 04-01-2014 08:15 AM

Vix, you pwned your weekend workouts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vix (Post 4974195)
Glad to hear you are still losing yoyoma, and all while getting all your piles of work done! Did you choose from the under 600 calories menu at Outback? That still seems a lot to me for one meal, I hate to think how many calories the other dishes contain!!

No, I didn't pick from a special menu and I didn't even look to see if they had one. I can have high-calorie meals like that (I'm assuming; I didn't actually count and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know) once in a while as long as they don't throw me off track and it seems as if my current WOE alows me to do that with really no issues, so I'm good.

I was back to the usual yesterday and the scale registered 144.0 this morning, so a lot of the bump is gone. :)

shr1nk1ngme 04-01-2014 09:47 AM

139.0 this morning, so I am declaring it! I made my March goal of losing 8 pounds and I also am officially out of the 140's. Hope to see you ladies in the 130's & feathers thread(s) reaallllllly soon.

yoyoma 04-02-2014 10:43 AM

Sorry to see you go, but congratulations, Shrinking! :carrot:

I made some pea soup yesterday and unfortunately didn't have any meat/veg dish handy last night, and as a result I triggered my hunger and *really* overate on the pea soup. It was bad, as in literally painful for hours. My brain just turned off and I didn't eat slowly the way I need to give it time to register the fullness. By the time I felt full, it was too late. How stupid is that?

Well, despite that pratfall, I was still back down to 143.6 this morning. I'm guessing it must be due to a lot of liquid in the soup just passing through. I've still got a lot of pea soup left (made a ginormous pot of it for the fambly), but I'm going to restrict it to a mugful for myself tonight and make sure I have meat&veg as the main meal.

yoyoma 04-03-2014 06:43 AM

Yesterday was a good day for eating, but not for exercise. The scale was back up to 144.0 for no particular reason. Keeping on, keeping on! :)

yoyoma 04-04-2014 06:58 AM

Yesterday seemed to be a good day for eating and I got a little exercise (though not as much as when I was in the groove), but today I stepped on the scale it was up from 144.0 to a surprising 145.6! I don't know if it's the revenge of the pea soup or my exercise hiatus catching up to me or what. I guess I'll just have to see what happens over the next few days and take action (not sure what that would be) if it seems appropriate.

yoyoma 04-05-2014 07:12 AM

And today I am back down to 143.4 (whew)! Yesterday was just a mysterious fluke. I really have no clue as to what happened. I thought my days of wacky weight swings were behind me, but I guess not.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a normal/good day for eating. Exercise was OK but not near "groove" levels. I had to kill some time at the local foodie farmstand and bought some pre-cut fruit salad on special. Yum! Bought a pricey new salad dressing too but haven't tried it yet. DH has been trying to perfect a curry sauce to eat with salmon, so I am looking forward to his latest attempt tonight. :)

Sum38 04-05-2014 10:12 AM

144.6; time to get serious about this now.

yoyoma 04-06-2014 07:40 AM

Hi, Sum! Are you weighing weekly?

Yesterday seemed good/normal. Took a nice little hike with DH in the woods. The crunch is less crunchy now, but I'm still on the busy side. This morning the scale is up to 143.8 but I have no problems with that number. :)

yoyoma 04-07-2014 08:15 AM

Yesterday was a good day for exercise (longer hike with DH) and a good day for eating. DH made a spicy green curry for salmon, which turned out pretty well. This morning the scale was down to 143.2, which was nice to see. :)