3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   March Feathers Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/293335-march-feathers-chat.html)

Gkm130 03-09-2014 11:31 AM

Well I wanted to be at 140 by spring break but we leave in a week and I'm at 145. I do great for a few days and then blow it. This cold snowy winter hasn't helped as I'm tired of going to the gym.

Enough with the negative! Recommitting (again) today...mini goal...140 by 4/1.

LovesToTravel 03-09-2014 01:19 PM

Tilly, hope your hike today was nice and you saw a dip on the scale. I'm heading back to Switzerland this June and have a week of hiking planned (also hoping to try paragliding!). I was there in September for a few days, but the weather was awful- I spent my hikes admiring the inside of a cloud and getting pelted with sleet. My companions and I joked that all we needed was some epic Lord of the Rings music and we could've pretended we were Hobbits traveling through the misty mountains. :D

Sum, nice job on using the hotel gym! I dunno if I would have had the discipline to do that. Admiring tasty looking food on vacation is definitely fun because you don't have to worry about the guilt afterwards!

Leaves, sorry to hear you're stalled. Disneyland sounds fun! Fingers crossed getting back on track will help you get rid of those pounds you want to lose before your trip.

Gkm130, that's the spirit! This winter has been absolutely awful, but spring is on the way and you're right, nothing gets done when we sit around making excuses. Where are you going for spring break?

Sum38 03-10-2014 06:37 AM

Gkm130 Have fun at your spring break. Where are you going?

Leaves I have been treading water for a month now, as well. I hope you can find your mojo. Disney sounds like fun! Do you have any kiddies?

Tilly5 I took hike outdoors in a snow yesterday as well :) -- This time people had walked there quite a bit and we actually had paths, which was so nice. I have been wading through a foot of snow all winter long, by myself. Major calorie burn, but I must admit, I was in tears a few times :)

LovesToTravel Did you increase your exercise? What did you add?

Nikolette Welcome. I have no magic fairy dust, but here is some willpower to you :) :dust:

Sum38 03-10-2014 06:47 AM

Hi Feathers,

PMS is kicking my butt. -- I am retaining a massive amount of water. Oh the post TOM whoosh will be glorious :D I did not weigh-in this morning, what's the point?? Scale would had made me sad. :)

I had a pretty good day yesterday, ate mostly vegetarian, just a few slices of ham. I also dragged myself to the 9 am aerobic class and later on walked my furbaby for 4.2 miles. And I drank over 100 oz of water :yay:

Once the TOM gets here, I feel I can continue with my weightloss. I am so ready to leave these 140's behind, hate that I flirt with that number on daily basis.

I took 3 weeks off from gym workouts; first two because of the vacation and the extra week because of my silly ear infection. I went back last Thursday and I was in a serious amount of pain until late Saturday. Massive DOMS. All that hard work for a year and I am back to square one after 3 weeks :(

Today I will volunteer all day. It is also my fast day and rest day (as if I need rest after three week hiatus :D). I will go for a 4.2 mile hike with my doggie this evening, but no gym for me.

Have a productive day!!

ange82much 03-11-2014 03:59 AM

Hi feathers! I've been awol for 6 months (more?). My weight went up a bit last year, mainly when I went on holiday, but I've been ever-so-good this year and discovered calorie counting for the first time in my life. It works, lol! So doing ok right now.

Great to hear there's some other hikers out there. I'm really enjoying hiking this summer (it's a nice 28C usually at moment here during the day which might be approx. low 80's??...) and have got a trekking holiday in Pyrenees booked in June which I'm really looking forward to. Also off on a camping and navigation weekend next weekend, so that should be fun too (if I don't get lost......)

LovesToTravel 03-14-2014 12:59 PM

Hope all of the feathers are having a good week! :wave:

Sum, hope your TOM water retention is over or ends soon. You're right about not getting worked up over the scale numbers when you know it's not accurate. And it sucks to feel like you're starting all over with workouts, ugh!

ange82much, I love your screen name, hah! Glad to hear your weight's settling back down into a good spot and you're enjoying the nice weather. March here is a very confused month weather-wise. Yesterday it was snow and bitterly cold temps, today it's warm and the birds are chirping. Have you been to the Pyrenees before? It looks like such a beautiful region.

I'm still walking a lot on the treadmill, about 20-25 miles per week and doing a variety of different things- long walks up inclines, intervals, slow jogging. I'd like to add in some upper body strength exercises too, but haven't started yet. I'm heading home soon to spend a week helping to care for my mom who will be recovering from surgery. I won't get to do as much walking so that might be a good time to start incorporating strength training.

Food-wise, I dunno. This has been a weird month and I've eaten a bit heavier, which I'm convinced is why I'm still (STILL) seeing 139 on the scale today. It's frustrating to think I could've been lower had I not given in so much. I might vent in a separate post though, I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my head about it.

LovesToTravel 03-16-2014 05:31 PM

I was grumbling today about being stuck at a 14 pound loss, but my husband pointed out that while I haven't lost anything in a while, I've maintained that loss like a champ since the holidays. I clocked 46 miles on the treadmill the past 2 weeks and I'm starting some strength exercises.

He said he's impressed with my dedication to getting healthier over the last 7 months and offered to cheer me up with a trip to Kohl's since most of my clothes are too big now. I took him up on the offer hesitantly because last time I was there in the summer (at my heaviest weight) I left frustrated and empty handed. Nothing fit right, I felt uncomfortable in my own skin. This time was much better- I'm wearing sizes I haven't been able to fit into in years and was pretty happy with what I saw in the mirror. Needless to say, I came out with a nice haul of spring/summer clothes. :)

So I'm just going to keep on keeping on and be patient. Hope all of the other feathers had a good weekend!

Sum38 03-16-2014 06:26 PM

TOM really did a number on me this month, I was totally immobile Tuesday, just moaned with pain :( Then we got over a foot of snow on Wednesday and my car was stuck for a few days (I drive a Mini Cooper). If I had gotten out of my driveway, I would have gotten stuck on our street. So I did not get a whole lot of exercise in this week. I am not a DVD/youtube person. I know I could do some stuff at home, but it just does not appeal to me. I even gave my elliptical to my BIL. -- I love the gym atmosphere. It pumps me up. Home workouts; I just can not do them.

I did go to the gym today; lifted weights and power walked on treadmill for an hour. -- Doggie woke up with a limp, so I did not walk her today. Poor baby! She is getting old (9).

I finally stepped on that scale and I am 143 pounds, gulp! That is 5 pound gain since mid February :( So my lazy days are over, I will go and workout at least 5 times per week (weights/swim/aerobics/treadmill), maybe up to 7. I will walk my furbaby 4-5 times per week (she needs rest days), and I will be mindful what I eat. This weight won't come off by itself!! And I really don't have THAT much to lose. Measly 15-20 pounds. That should be a breeze. -- I lost 25 pounds since last March, so I know how to do it.... I have been just lazy since my vacation.

I may be going back home this summer (Finland), and if I do, I would like to go back as a thin person. The last 4 visits I have been fatter each time :( It would be nice to surprise everyone with my svelte form. Plus I love shopping in Finland, I always find some really cool clothes.

Tilly5 03-17-2014 07:22 AM

Hello Featherweights! So glad to hear how everyone is doing!

Been pretty busy lately. Last week I had a little blip where I went back to my old snacking habits. Not a good thing, but I am back on track now. At least I kept up the exercise. Glad the temperatures are warm enough to do some hiking. The trails have been pretty icy. Yesterday I took my dh on a treacherous hike - sheer ice. I had MICROspikes, so no problem for me, but he didn't have them. In another 2 weeks the ice should be gone. Can't wait. Doing an exercise video today, but maybe a hike tomorrow.

Looks like LovestoTravel, Sum and ange82much all have some great travel plans ahead. All those trips sound great! We plan to go to the Pacific Northwest (US & Canada) this summer. Hope we all can get in shape for our travel plans.

Wishing you all well in your weight loss journey.

crazygurl61 03-17-2014 12:02 PM

Hi everyone- binge eating here time to get back on track right now!

LovesToTravel 03-18-2014 03:50 PM

Sum: So sorry to hear about your furbaby's soreness, hope she's feeling better, it sucks when dogs get old. And I'm sure you'll get those extra pounds off soon, you can do it!

Tilly: I can't wait until it officially warms up for outdoor activities too. Sounds like you're getting a lot of hiking in regardless though, that's great!

crazygurl:
Good luck getting things back on track!

So after all that moaning I did about not losing any weight, I took a break from exercising last night and this morning the scale said I dropped two pounds. :goodscale Lesson learned, shut my mouth and just keep at it.

This was really good timing because I had my annual physical exam today and every year my doctor gives me a hard time about being in the overweight BMI category. :nono: The scale at the office weighs me a bit heavier than my home scale so I was resigned to still being logged "overweight". BUT! With the whoosh, I weighed in at the office as 138.6 this morning. Of course, this time my doctor didn't say anything so I just gave myself a really big pat on the back. :D

I have my 31st birthday in June with a hiking trip and also a destination wedding that I would LOVE to wear a sleeveless dress to with confidence. Last June when I turned 30 I felt awful. This June my goal is to feel like a million bucks!

Sum38 03-22-2014 09:55 AM

I finally saw an ENT for my ear; it was not getting any better. He said I have had a chronic ear infection going on for months, no wonder that I have felt so lame. He cleaned it out, gave me some drops and lotion. I already feel better! And it has only been 2 days.

I was so tired all last week that all I could do was to sleep. My body was fighting hard trying to rid itself from the infection.

I resumed my gym yesterday and today I feel well enough to lift some weights, walk my pup and possibly swim (I don't put my head in the water, I am a TERRIBLE swimmer).

Weight is holding stead. 142.4 this morning. I am hoping now that my ear has been sorted out that I have energy to exercise again and start losing weight. As I mentioned earlier, diet alone for me won't do the trick. Maybe because I don't have "that" much to lose (even though I think 20 is a lot...). I like to burn 1000 cals per day doing various exercises and eating 1200-1800 per day. That mix seems to work for me the best. When I exercised 2h per day and I was dropping weight like a dream. I even had to increase my calories because it was coming off so fast. I want to get back to that zone. AND I WILL!! :) Summer is approaching fast and those size 6 shorts won't look good on me unless I drop the rest of the weight :) :)

How is everybody doing??? We are awfully quiet here.

LovesToTravel 03-23-2014 05:28 PM

Sum, I hope you're feeling 100% better soon once your ear infection is cleared up. I'm a terrible swimmer too! I was never coordinated enough to pass even basic swim class with all of the different strokes, but there's always doggy paddling. :D

Hope all of the feathers are doing well this month!

I'm staying with my folks this week to help my mother while she's dealing with some medical stuff. It's a little challenging due to conflicting eating habits, but I brought a lot of my own food and I'm going to be preparing most of the meals while I'm here. Just trying to make good choices, have sensible portions, and squeeze in some exercise every day. That's the best I can do until I'm back home.

Sum38 03-26-2014 10:10 AM

LovesToTravel I hope your mom is okay!

I have been a REALLY good girl, but my scale is not budging. Stubborn old hag :D It is ovulation time though and some months I seem to carry some water weight during that time.

My ear is almost back to 100% thanks to my ENT Dr. I finally feel like that my strength is returning after a horrid month of feeling malaise. I started my exercise routine back up late last week.

Today I will continue eating OP, around 1200 cals; walk my pup for 3.3 miles and participate a step aerobics class.

A good day is ahead of me.

I am recommitting using my fitbit again, and shooting for 10000-13000 steps per day. That little device can be a great motivator.

Anyone else here use the fitbit or similar?

LovesToTravel 03-26-2014 02:39 PM

Halfway through my week helping to care for my mom.

I'm still mainly cooking for myself, but I stopped cooking for her because I apparently overdosed her on vegetables. I didn't realize how poor her diet had become until she complained about my food making her sick and my siblings gave me a heads up about what she typically eats. So...she's back to ordering take-out and I just make myself what I want. I tried. :shrug:

I worry about her because she's morbidly obese with a lot of health issues. I don't always agree with how she chooses to handle things, but it's her life, not mine.

My siblings and I are rotating who's around to help her and giving each other a chance to sneak off every day for a workout or just some quiet time.