So frustrated

• For the last 2 weeks I have been super on-plan, fruit and veg smoothie for breakfast, healthy lunch (baked chicken and salad etc) and a light dinner. Not too much snacking and I've cut out pop completely and drink tons of water. The scale just isn't moving, I've been jumping between 144 and 146. I've worked out about 4 times in the last 2 weeks which I know isn't tons but it's more than I used to do.

Trying to figure out how to kick start some weight loss! Any advice?
  • What is an example day's menu for you? Please include amounts.
  • Morning Smootie
    1/4c blueberries
    1/3c strawberries (or pineapple)
    1/2 lemon
    1 tsp grated ginger
    2c spinach
    1/4c orange juice

Snack
    1/2c greek yoghurt
    1 tbsp blackberry preserves

Lunch
    1 (small) baked chicken breast or med thigh with lemon and pepper
    baby greens with 1-2 tbsp herb dressing

Snack
    Cheese string (usually 2)

Dinner
    Depends on the night but last night it was a 4oz grilled tenderloin with
    1/2c zucchini sauteed in pam
  • you sound very on plan. I have no idea why you've been stuck. When I got stuck for a couple of weeks I changed up my calories (higher and lower) and included different exercise. may be that will help?
  • Quote: Morning Smootie
    1/4c blueberries
    1/3c strawberries (or pineapple)
    1/2 lemon
    1 tsp grated ginger
    2c spinach
    1/4c orange juice

Snack
    1/2c greek yoghurt
    1 tbsp blackberry preserves

Lunch
    1 (small) baked chicken breast or med thigh with lemon and pepper
    baby greens with 1-2 tbsp herb dressing

Snack
    Cheese string (usually 2)

Dinner
    Depends on the night but last night it was a 4oz grilled tenderloin with
    1/2c zucchini sauteed in pam
    I think you may benefit from more veggies, protein, and healthy fats to get your calories to 1200/day minimum. I suggest 5 veggies/day minimum, 3 servings healthy fats/day, 30mins/day walking, and 8 hours sleep daily. I also recommend wildcaught fish at least 3x/week.
  • Have you counted your calories?

Have you worked out how many calories someone your height and weight and doing on no exercise needs to eat to maintain the same weight?

Once you've got that worked out, compare that to what you are eating? For objectivity sake, count a menu plan from a past day so that you can't adjust your intake subconsciously.

Whatever number you come up with, if its over 1200, then you should cut back a bit. If its under 1200 then you should increase it perhaps by 100 calories.

For comparison, i'm currently about 165 pounds and am eating about 1650 and no exercise and my weight is stable. I used the calculator in My fitness pal.

if you are not in the mood for exercise, don't add it into the equation. Get your food and calories right first. I also do not give much credibility to exercise calculators for burning calories. I just ignore them.

If you want to reduce some calories form what you are eating, instead of bottle dressing, make your own with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar. You don't really need 2tbsp of dressing on a salad.

If you are still hungry add more veggies like grated carrot or beetroot into your salad and /or chopped fresh tomato, cucumber, capsicum and things like that. they have practically zero calories but fill you up and make your food more enjoyable.

I put a few walnuts (5 halves) in my salads but i don't eat meat. They make a big difference to the taste.

Cheese is also high fat. You seem to have plenty of protein but you could have a boiled egg for an afternoon snack instead of the cheese. And if you've still calories left, an apple or pear or something like that.
  • Thanks everyone! I'll take some time to map out the calories, I did the math and should be at about 1200. I have a harder time with veggies, some fruits and nuts because of digestive issues so blending the up has been working well for me.