June Feathers' Chat

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Hi feathers!

After rereading my last post, I wanted to say: I'm really not a rage-o-holic! Didn't mean it to sound like that at all; that DS is 19 years old and the only person that can push my buttons so hard. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often, and it blows over fairly quickly. I guess I just meant to note last night that despite getting quite upset, I didn't devolve into a tub of ice cream, so that was good. And by-the-by, today the two of us are quite back to normal, playing cards and such.

I have definitely decided to put away the scale for the time being. I think it'll be good for me, help me get more in tune with how I feel without the influence of the scale number. Wish me luck that I can keep on without it!

TGIF and have a terrific weekend, everyone.
  • Grrr stuck up at 137! I'm trying and increasing my food intake a bit, as it might have been too low so far...hmm....

Just hoping these pants are a touch loser on me on Monday! They fit great but are a *touch* tight...
  • I have a way to go until goal, and definitely not feeling like a featherweight yet, but would love to join you over here...if you have room. I feel you all will be very motivating. I also at times feel out of place with others that have more to lose. I know that it is going to get harder and harder to shed these pounds as I get closer and closer to goal...at least that is what I hear. I have not seen the 140s for years and years, I am going to see them again very soon. Yay!
  • Congrats aspen!!! You're doing GREAT so far =D

It does seem to get harder as one's numbers go down....kinda scared that my goal isn't really achievable without starving myself and over-exercising, which is what I did last time...T_T
  • Thank you, JoJo!

Not sure if my goal is achievable either. Pre-pregnancy, many moons ago, I hovered around 124 for a couple years. Prior to that 93 (yes, 93 pounds and could eat everything and anything). I guess I will see what my body does.
  • 93 WOW!!!!

I was normal weight as a kid and teenager, but at the higher end of the normal BMI range, while a lot of my female peers were at the lower end, so I always felt somewhat heavy xP That, and I didn't care how I dressed so I always looked a touch frumpy....typical pasty-faced geek I guess! Haha XD
  • I'm back home after 2 weeks working away and it's chucking it down with rain here. I'm pleased with my how my self discipline has gone in that time but need to keep it up til Monday at least when I have my monthly weigh in for the weight loss competition at work! Have been doing some short runs about 3 times a week too so everything is good and going in the right direction but I sometimes can't handle how long it all takes! Why can't I be slim and fit already?!! Hahahaha.
  • Hi, all!

I am still working on getting settled in after my move and having had a guest for a few days and still having my class!

I don't know that I can catch up with personals, I'm so sorry! I have read all your posts and I think I am just going to start fresh here! If any of you asked me something specifically that I didn't answer, feel free to nudge me!

So as you know my friend that was visiting was super tiny and I felt huge next to her. Turns out to lose the 15 pounds or so that she did to get to where she is now, she's been mostly eating Paleo (although she is very flexible with it since she lives with other people and stuff), which is primarily meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and nuts, and NOT so much dairy (dairy doesn't agree with me very well anyway). So I've always done well on lower carb diets (it makes me feel amazing and I shed the pounds pretty fast), but what always flubs me is this feeling that I need to be perfect. Like one bad day where I fail at it and I throw my hands in the air and say, "I guess this doesn't work in my lifestyle!" My friend taught me that it's okay to eat off plan on vacation or on special occasions, etc. and then get right back on plan. It's a way of life, not perfection.

And that is the key for me! I will try eating in a way that is mostly meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit, etc. I will acknowledge that eating ONE french fry (yes, I can do this, haha) or enjoying food on holidays or on vacations is okay! Giving myself the permission will actually make me eat LESS of the bad stuff (see? I know myself). One of the things that has prevented me from fully embracing a lower carb lifestyle is that I think in terms of black and white. Like, "I can NEVER have Thai noodles again if I do that!" And then I think, wow, that will never work for me. But the truth is, I CAN have Thai noodles again. I just can't have them every week or whatever. Same with other treats. I don't have to stress every time there is a family party or a gathering. When I have control over what I eat, I can do my best to eat well, but I don't have to sweat it if I have a cookie here and there. It's not going to turn me to stone.

So this is my new thing. To get rid of my perfectionism and to be consistent in mostly eating a Paleo, lower-carb style!

How are you all doing? (Welcome to new folk!)
  • @cattails – don’t worry I don’t think you sounded like a rage alcoholic  I’m glad that your son and you are getting along better… I’m not a parent yet but I know when I was a teen (even late teens) I gave my parents A LOT of crap and honestly I don’t know how they put up with it! Luckily once I moved out and went to college I matured a lot and now I get along well with my parents. Keep up the good work with C25K!

@ange – good luck with your weigh in, just a few more days, keep your focus!

@oleh – I completely understand the need for perfection. I think it’s one of the hardest things to do is to keep going once you’ve made a mistake or fallen off the wagon. I also have the same mentality like if I happen to have a slip up then that I may as well throw in the towel. Honestly, WW has been a big help for me because of the weekly point allowance and the flexible points if I go over. So even if I manage to go over on my points, I know that every Tuesday they will re-set and I can get a fresh start. I know it’s all psychological because yes, I could do that without having any points, but it really helps me keep my focus. Hang in there, and don’t beat yourself up over simple mistakes!

@JoJoP & Aspen, welcome!

Sorry if I missed anyone else!

Hello ladies! I’ve been pretty good eating on plan this week, even my 2 days of travel did not throw me off because I planned ahead. Yesterday the scale was 157.8 and this morning 157.4, so things are moving in the right direction. My official weigh in day is Tuesday, so I need to keep my focus and not mess it up over the weekend. I do have a book club gathering tomorrow with some girlfriends and a lot of the them are organic eaters, so I know there will be healthy choices. I plan on making a nice fruit salad to take.

Anyway, the Consulate went fine. I love it - $500 plane ticket and $150 hotel room… for a 15 minute appointment to turn in some papers, take my finger prints, take my photo, take my $138 processing fee and that’s it! LOL. Oh well, it’s an important step and it’s almost all over. It’s been a long bumpy two years and I’m ready to just live like a “normal” couple…. that is, in the same country. I should be getting my passport/visa within the next few weeks and then I’m off! It will be nice to be back in my old place and to get settled in and back into a regular routine.

I haven’t managed to start exercising again. I don’t know what my mental block is here because I do enjoy it, but I just can’t find my motivation!

I hope it's beautiful weather for you all, have a great weekend!
  • Hello dear feathers,

Quick check-in. We have no internet at home so I haven't been able to update or check anything. I now finally got the time to go online at my Sisters place and I enjoyed reading all your guys' posts!

I've been doing terrible for the past week. I didn't know why until I realized it's PMS-week! Also, my shifts at work sucked. Most of them were 6-hour-shifts where you get no break. That means I ate my breakfast before work and had lunch about 8 hours later! So you can only imagine how HUNGRY I was everytime I got home. I would crave sugar like crazzzyyyy! And then amplify that by 1000000 because of PMS. Yeah, no bueno.

I seriously need to fricking start watching my calories and working out more. I've been stuck at 140-143 for AGES now. And even though people tell me that I've lost so much weight... I just don't feel it. I want to be back in the 130s NOW. That, at least, would make me feel a little bit better inside. My birthday is in a little less than 3 months and I want to be at goal weight by then.

July is here already. What the heezy.
  • Sorry for going AWOL guys! I'm back now

Should we start a July thread? I'm kinda scared to incase everyone ignores it!
  • Yes please, Leaves! And welcome back!