June Feathers' Chat

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Hello Feathers,

batmomm - Steady progress is always a good sign. As long as the numbers keep going down, that's all that matters!

Aidanqm - Oh Goodness, a baker? Well, let's see how that works out Nice pictures btw! Looks like you had a great time.

krampus - Hello hot mama! Lol, you looked great! Mannheim is quite a drive. I live very close to the North Sea. Chocolate pudding is amazing over here. We have some sitting in the cabinet but I'm really trying not to make any.

TurboMammoth - BLACK BEANS QUESADILLAS omg I want some, now! Congrats on your new record. I can't wait to run again! I hope the pain in your quad goes away very soon. Feel better

nineteen - Put that rebellious side of yours away, now! Glad to hear you're doing okay with your weight though.

Leaves - Crossing fingers with you! I always feel like eating much less after a high-calorie day so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Cattails - That's a NSV right there - having a doctor refer to you as thin. That's awesome! It's been a little over a year so yeah, I'm very happy to be back! "As long as I can move, I will move!" - I like that.

olehcat - Happy to hear that you were able to mostly stick to healthy food. It's gotta be hard to go out with a friend and resist all the delicious but horrible food. Well, at least you lost some! That's always good

Alexistrophic - Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your break-up But if it was for the better then hey - that's what matters.

chahma - Hello Holy moly, 90° that late? I'd die! I can't stand the heat...let alone run in it. You'll get back to where you wanna be. We're definitely here to support you

Yesterday I woke up and felt super determined. I thought about all the healthy food I'd eat but once I started taking care of some business, the stress overcame me and I reached for Nutella, nuts and more Nutella. And coconut macaroons. Gah. And then my BIL cooked his delicious Spaghetti Bolognese and of course I couldn't say no. My whole family was there and that was the first time we all ate together since we landed on Saturday. However, DH and I rode our bikes there and back. It's not too far away, maybe 15 min each way, but hey, little exercise is better than none.

I've been pretty OP so far. Maybe (and hopefully) today will be my first day back on track with the eating. I've had oatmeal with a few nuts and blueberries for breakfast, an apple, cucumber and one slice of protein-bread with some cream cheese for lunch. And lots of Green Tea. And dinner will probably consist of another slice of protein-bread with some eggwhites and peppers. DH feels sick so I don't know if we're going for a walk on the trail later on.

Tomorrow at 2pm I have an "interview" (well not really since they know me already..) at my old job. And I applied for a second job today. Hopefully I can start to work right away It feels great to get all these things done, I know I'll feel accomplished once I get it all out of the way.

I've decided to check my weight after at least 5 OP days and then I'll weigh-in daily. I know there's a daily weigh-in thread, I might join.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Check-in; Quick check in tonight since I'm posting from my phone. I'll have to reply in the morning. 1,483 calories today. Followed my meal plan again. It's getting easier... Did outdoor biking and a 45 minute TRX class this evening.
  • Hey all!

The last couple weeks have been tough on me. I'm gearing up to leave China on the 2nd of July, and I'm really, really ready to get the h*ll out of here. My days are okay -- I do tons of reading and running, and my Mandarin has gotten to a really comfortable level of proficiency (although I totally screwed up at the bus station yesterday, lol). Yet I'm homesick and also really fed up with the not-so-nice aspects of living in this country. I won't go off at length about what those are. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks yourself. But yeah, I can feel the days passing hour by hour, minute by minute. And it's a really unpleasant sensation.

However, I'm going to Harbin on the 5 a.m. bus tomorrow, and I'll be staying there all weekend. It'll be so great to revisit my old haunts and go to *real bars* with my old friends from there. God I can taste the whiskey sours already!

I had a great weigh-in this morning: 54.6 kg (or 120.3 lbs), but with an unchanged waist measure. The ole' plateau effect had stalled me some in the latter part of May, and so I decided it was time to buckle down on the calories, and do my very best to stick to the 1600s range or less, even if that meant I had to cut back on my running. However, I'm finding this to be a lot easier than I initially thought it would be -- I really am not a fan of cutting calories. I'd much rather add an extra hour of running or something :P

So I'm hoping this weekend doesn't do too much damage to me, although I'm definitely gonna have just one night where I don't worry about dinner/drinks. Ideally, I'd like to lose 2 kg before the end of the month, but we'll have to see whether my willpower is strong enough!

--------------------
    Aidanqm: Awesome pictures! You're lookin' great, and I would *love* to do a super-distance event like that myself. I've yet to post in the runners' thread, but my big thing is running. I'm not fast, but I can go long. What was your training like for this? Also, are you -- like me -- from MI, too?

krampus: You look lovely in that dress, and you've definitely got some nice muscle tone going. I also really appreciated what you said in another post about not worrying about feeling fat in your bridesmaid's dress, and how that was the most important thing of all. That's something I've gotta keep in mind myself, as I celebrate summer back in the states with all sorts of skimpy clothes that would turn too many heads up here in my part of China.

Turbo: 17K, nice! And yeah, it's so easy to overdress for a run when it looks or feels a little cold out. But you ran in just a sports bra -- a victory, in my opinion! I'm hoping to get my abs whipped up into display-ready shape before getting back to the States, so that I can run all over in just mah' bra and shorts and minimal shoes And regarding asparagus pee, I am far from put off from such a delicious and grill-able vegetable by a little funky smell. Yet another thing I can't wait to eat!

Cattails: Oh yeah, it's those off-hand affirmations that really feel great. Like if the doctor just says "oh, I see you've been losing some weight", I mean, it's nothing more than a clinical note, but sometimes that's as satisfying as getting an outright compliment.

olehcat: My dad and I have a tradition of going to the Chinese buffet every Sunday and then to Costco. Your mention of the buffet fueled my homesickness a bit, but also got me a little worried -- I actually never do anything *ultra* bad at the buffet, but it's absolutely a test of willpower in there. I'll be really interested now to go back there, though, and see how authentic (or not) the stuff in there is.

chahma: The 160s on a 5'8" frame aren't so bad, and you'll get back down soon enough! And besides, I think with something as stressful as the possibility of divorce haunting your home and your thoughts, that excess eating is a forgivable coping method.

Leaves: Man, 1200 a day and then swimming for exercise? I could only tolerate a calorie count that low if I sat inside all day (which would make me miserable), or had overeaten the night before.
  • @chahma; Sounds like crazy-hot weather. Must be difficult for outdoor exercise! Keep on plugging though. Hopefully you have an air conditioned gym to exercise in

@Leaves; 1,200 calories per day seems pretty low. What type of exercise are you doing? If you are binge eating a lot, and going over your calorie count too often, it probably means that you aren’t eating enough.

@Turbomammoth; It’s a magical feeling when you finally dink around enough with your diet to find that magic range… the one where you can lose weight fairly quickly without starving your face off or binge eating. Lol. The problem is finding that spot. For me, it’s like 1,400 to 1,500 calories and light to moderate exercise. What’s yours?

@Hoopty; Have you tried creating a structured meal plan to avoid binge eating? I find that it is much easier to rely on habit rather than willpower and motivation. Because, let’s face it, willpower tends to fade when you are hungry or tired, and motivation fades with mood changes or over time. But habit? That sticks. Chances are you don’t need to motivated yourself or pep talk yourself into brushing your teeth every morning. Why? Because you’ve been brushing your teeth every day and night since you were little. Brushing your teeth has become a strong habit. Likewise, your eating can be turned into a habit. It might sound boring to eat the same thing at the same time every day… but that is what I’ve found works the best for me. It becomes automatic after a while and you don’t even have to think about it.

@xiaobaicai; My team had group runs set up a bout six months prior to our event. We started out with two long runs a week then eventually switched it to a three runs over the weekend system (one run Sat morning, one Sat evening, and another Sun morning). … I’m from WI.
  • I am only eating 1200-1220 a day, but I'm not very tall or active! Lol. I lose about 1 to 1.5lbs a week at this level of calories, I don't really get much chance to exercise! I go swimming with friends once a week, but we usually only get about 40 minutes of light breaststroke in as it's so busy. Otherwise, my exercise is walking to class (but classes are over now, so only the occasional walk in the evenings if the weather is nice), maybe a 1 mile jog twice a week and a couple of pilates videos from youtube. Overeating is only a problem when I go home to my parents and we end up going out for lunch and dinner/getting take out, or I go to a party But I figure that as 90% of my diet is my low cal on plan stuff, then it's okay to have off days every now and again! Pretty much every calorie website/app I've looked at has given me this figure with my lifestyle and I find it's working pretty well, I only really get hungry when BF decides that 7pm is too early for dinner because he made himself toast at 5. aah!
  • Hello Feathers!

123.4 today - this is a "heavy" weigh-in which I never would have thought possible a few months ago! Went over to a friend's last night for BBQ and an inordinate amount of meat, veggies and potatoes with a devilish bleu cheese-yogurt-hot-sauce was consumed. All somewhat wholesome but a LOT to take in, I had to lie down on the couch for a few minutes after dinner! I had 1 drink - 1 shot of vodka in about 14 oz of seltzer - and felt hung over until maybe an hour ago. Woke up and went to the gym for a quick workout this AM anyway, 1.25 miles in 10 minutes on the treadmill and split squats, calf raises, leg raises and glute bridges.

The weekend approaches: Father's Day dinner at the usual spot, a street festival and farmer's market within walking distance of my apartment, and I took a big step today for myself and made my first dentist appointment in like 5 years. Ahhhhhh!

Leaves I am impressed that you (and anyone) can eat <1300 calories a day without snapping at strangers and loved ones. The scenario of your BF deciding to delay dinner when you're ready to eat made my skin crawl - that is the WOOOOORST. I have that issue with my friends who like to drink instead of eat - I go over to eat, not to drink, now f*%king feed me, I skimped on lunch so I could enjoy dinner and you're delaying it until WHEN?!

xiaobaicai Oh lordy lordy I feel you on the "moving back" panic and excitement and huge schizophrenic array of other emotions. I sat on my floor weeping into boxes of Meiji chocolate almonds listening to "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off" by Jermaine Stewart the two weeks leading up to Japan-departure, made out with a young UK university student I was supposed to be hosting, didn't sleep for 3 days straight, all sorts of things. If you ever need to chew someone's ear off about it all feel free to PM me. Enjoy the summer skimpy clothes but beware, those stupid flowy shirts (HORRIBLE for showing off a nice waist and accentuating muscle vs sheer size in arms/shoulders) are practically the only thing you can find:

Aidangm Glad your meal plan is getting easier to follow. Sending you vibes of strength and resolve to prepare for the baker roommate's arrival! My roommate is a fantastic baker but she's also my diet/gym buddy, so it's not too bad.

Hoopty Take it easy - you're repatriated in a new place, you're GOING to be taken out constantly and seeking comfort in times of displacement (seriously, your situation is TOUGH) and that is totally OK! I have never visited northern DE - only Berlin a few times which I know doesn't count. Do you notice a more "Danish" cultural influence? Sorry if that's a stupid question :P

Turbo Good food, good runs, not having to constantly think and worry about how much or how little you eat - sounds like you really are in your sweet spot! How were the black bean quesadillas? Sounds like you can really fart to your heart's content on such a meal, bahahahaha.

Alexistrophic Sorry things didn't keep up with the professor, but if you're not headed for the same destination there's no point in prolonging the inevitable. I am sending fairy dust and encouragement your way to cope with all the difficult areas with hopes that they will become easier. I'm sure the sh!t weather hasn't helped with running, new shoes or not...I am not the type to run in rain or even a cloudy day!

Cattails Doctors must be relieved to have featherweight patients :P You'll see the 120s soon enough!

olehcat MMMMMM Chinese buffet, I've been saying that I'm gonna have a huge blowout now that I don't have any diet/festival/fitting into clothes deadlines but I haven't had the urge yet. I figured your shocking WI wouldn't stick. In the meantime just enjoy yourself! It's (almost) summer

nineteen Motivation waxes and wanes. You'll feel more like yourself before you know it.
  • Hoopty : Good luck for you interview!! What kind of job is it? And enjoy your time with you family, it must be awesome to see them again

xiaobocai : Actually, no I did not run with just my sport bra but I SO WANTED TOOOO. I still way to much concerned about my jiggly stomach. My upper stomach isn't that bad, but I have this little tire thing under the bellybottom that is annoying the crap out of me LOL

Aidanqm : Right now I am trying maintaining actually I struggle to find my sweet spot for that though. I was dieting at around 1500 feeling like CRAP, I was clearly not eating enough for the training I was doing. I increase to 1800 and was still losing, but now around 2000 + eating back a part of the calories burned is working fine

Leaves : Woah I don't know how you do with 1200-1200 calories. I thin the lowest I've EVER done was 1400. And ARGH I hate when ''oh I'm not hungry, we'll eat later'' happen, I become MEAN

krampus : It is crazy our of baseline weight change over time, right? Now 124 is heavy, when a few months ago it was your usual WI! I JESUS YES, about what you said to xiabocai with the fashion style this summer, big flowy things just don't work on me and it's the only thing there is in stoooore. Black beans quesedillas were MEHH honestly. I used to love them, but I became for a fan of the kidney beans lately I guess.

Hiii. The scale has been showing the same exact number for the past 4 days and I don't know if something wrong with my scale but oh well. I look great and I don't see much change on my body so maybe I just really loooove that number :P

Had a nice quick 5k run this morning and when I stopped focusing on the leg I was not feeling it anymore. Maybe its more of a ''in my head'' thing, I really do tend to freak out with injuries.

Gonna sleep on that tonight :P
  • Check-in: Quick check in again tonight. Thursday, June 14, 2013.

today's exercise
    * 65min spin biking
    * 80min walking
    * outdoor biking

today's food
    Calorie total: 1,553

Breakfast
    * 2 eggs
    * 1/4 cup oats, measured dry
    * 4.5oz boneless skinless chicken breast, weighed raw

Snack
    * 1.25 cup oats bran and flax organic cereal
    * 3 oz baby carrots, raw

Lunch
    * 1T almond butter
    * 2 rice cakes
    * 1/2 cup whole milk cottage cheese

Dinner
    * 1 regular Alaskan sushi roll (salmon + avocado) with black rice
    * 1 scoop dark chocolate sorbet

Went to dinner with my best friend today. So I didn't follow my meal plan exactly but I stayed within a good calorie range. Especially since I did a ton of exercise today. Feeling great today!
  • hi, all!

So, one of my most insecure things is about to happen! Okay, I'm 5'2.5" and weigh now about 145 (approximate). I have this friend who is 5'0" and probably about 100 pounds right now (she recently lost about 15 pounds over the course of a year just by cutting out simple carbs for the most part). So even though I'm not a particularly big person, I look HUGE next to her. My big hope had been to have lost a big amount of weight before I saw her next. And so yeah, she's coming to visit in like a week. I want to see her so I would never tell her not to come for reasons of my own body image issues, but darnit, why didn't I pull myself together before this? Yes, I know, I get it, yadda yadda yadda, she probably won't be paying attention to my appearance as much as I will. But I feel bulky and chunky right now and it's the ultimate insecurity for me to be bulky next to someone so much smaller, especially because in the past, I was used to being the small one in any given company. This is all my fault, so blaming nobody but myself. I could have been eating well since January and then maybe I would have been close to my ideal weight by now. But I didn't, so I'm not.

So I'm trying to figure out how to maximize at least FEELING and LOOKING 10 pounds lighter by next week, even if I know the actual weight loss of 10 pounds is not possible. So the one good thing is that this impending visit has forced me to eat very clean the last two days, despite a ton of temptations. Ugh, I hate feeling insecure like this! It seems so petty and stupid. And I have a father's day dinner thingie on Sunday.

In other life news, my summer class just started (ugh ) and I am moving next week! Not far away, just across town, but moving is stressful, then followed by the visitor mentioned above, so anyway, if I get sort of scarce in the next few weeks for a bit, that's why! Although I hope to report in some good weight loss this week!

@Aidan - wow, that's a lot of minutes of exercise! How do you fit that in, timewise?

@Turbo - 132 sounds like a great weight for you! Are you at goal are are you trying to get lower? What would you say your sweet spot is with your calorie count, etc. is?

@krampus - good luck on the dentist! Ha, I've been at the dentist WAY more than I've wanted to lately. wow, that 123 is a heavy weigh-in is so great! Ha, I'm afraid I probably hide myself under clothes like that flowy blouse right now, which is not good, either, since I do have a waist, even if it's thicker than I'd like right now!

@Leaves - I think that's a very healthy attitude - try to stay low and clean most days but don't give up on family events, etc.! Sounds like how I want to do it myself!

@xiao -- 120, that's great! I know that kind of homesickness, having lived overseas sometimes on and off in my life, although never in as far away a place as China. oh gosh, at the Chinese buffet, my HUGE weakness are those doughnut-like yeast desserts. I doubt you'd find the buffet very authentic after having the real stuff for so long, lol, but I think there is some authentic stuff there, too.

@Hoopty - I think that Aidan is right-- I think you should consider making an eating routine and getting in the habit of sticking to it. I found that after just two days of eating healthy and being in a routine with it, that my desire to binge on Asian takeout or pizza has faded considerably -- after just TWO days of sticking to it. Now, I won't lie. It would be mighty tempting if it was right in front of me or an opportunity came up. Now if I could only do this with my wine habit. Ugh. Yeah, actually, I finished a bottle yesterday and decided I'm not buying another bottle for awhile. We'll see!

@chahma - glad things seem to be working better with your marriage! That's good. And the beach always clears my head a little!

@Alex - I'm sorry about your break up. Keep eating, moving, sleeping!
  • Hello Feathers,

My "interview" yesterday went very well. It only lasted about 10 Min and at the end my boss said "Can you work tomorrow?"
    So yeah, here I am after my first day back at work, yaaaay! I feel great. I finally get to do something, make money and I also get some exercise in. It's a 2.5 mile bike ride each way. It's a fast-food place (I know!) but I never found it hard to say no to the food there. That place is very busy which means I'm constantly running around. My Dad gave me this shitty bike he got me when I was in 5th grade but hey, it works.
    Some other good news: Today is my 3rd day of being OP The first day was horrible but I managed to resist
    We're having a family BBQ tomorrow and my Mom bought Brownies and Marzipan cake, noooooo!!! Marzipan cake is my FAVORITE and I will definitely have some (I haven't had any in FOREVER!) but I'm gonna make sure I don't binge and/or stay within my calories.
    And then again - like I said a few days ago - once I have 5 OP days I'll check my weight. Oh! So when I changed my clothes at work today I tried on their size 38 pants and THEY FIT! I remember wearing a 42 right before I moved to New York in May 2012. Whoop Whoop! They fit very comfortably and I was HAPPY.
    This jetlag is killing me. I slept from 11pm - 3:30am, stayed up for a couple of hours and slept again from 8:30am - 10:15am. I have headaches too but oh well I hope that working will stop this vicious cycle for good.

Wow. So many random thoughts.

xiaobaicai - Enjoy your last 2 weeks! They'll fly by...you'll be back in no-time. I totally agree with you - I'd rather do some extra cardio than cut back on calories as well

Aidanqm - Yes, actually, that's what I've been trying to do for the past few days now. It was just really hard with all the excitement about being back. I feel like I'm starting to be back on track though. I plan my meals carefully and make sure we have healthy food in the house. Now that I'm working again I have a routine. I'm glad to hear that you had a great day.

Leaves - Nothing wrong with having an off-plan day every once in a while! I think your "plan" sounds good. If DH isn't hungry, I'll eat and he'll eat later lol, we usually don't wait for the other. But that's because we sit together all the time anyways. If he eats, I'm around and vice versa.

krampus - I've never been to Denmark before and I have no idea what the Danish do up there, so I wouldn't know :P Oh good God - I have to make a dentist appointment too and I'm SCURRED!!! I wish you good freaking luck girl, hopefully it'll be an in-and-out-thing.

TurboMammoth - Well, like mentioned above - FAST-FOOD-PLACE! But hey, it's money, it's something I've done since I was 16 while going to school and most of all - I don't sit around all day, lol! Are you excited for the half-marathon yet?

olehcat - I totally agree with the both of you and I've been trying. It gets easier from day to day so I'm hoping to be able to stick to this for good. Gosh, I totally understand where your frustration is coming from. Of course you're gonna feel like BLEEHHH when your friend is there, I would, too. You have a week - try to eat as clean as possible, workout and then you'll feel a little better. Just think about the great time you're gonna have with her

Until tomorrow girls!
  • Aidanqm : Hope you had fun dining out! And as you said, you rock the workout thing, so it's no biggie!

olehcat : I hope everything will go smoothly with you friend... don't stress too much and enjoy the time you'll spend with her! As for my current weight, I am not trying to get lower. I still have my hormonal screw up thing going on, and anyway I kinda like how I look at this weight in general. My sweet spot right now for maintaining is a baseline of 2000 calories/day + eating about 60-80% of what I burned working out, depending of the intensity of the workout.

Hoopty : YUMMMM marzipan cake! lucky YOU! About working out in a fast food place, I think that being SURROUNDED by this food doesn't make you eat it all the time, in my opinion. I worked for many years in a strawberry harvest farm and I got so sick of the fruit for soooo long! I'm not really excited about an upcoming race until standing on the starting line, but I am crazy nervous for two weeks before the event though So right now, Im stressed out LOL

Hey! Weight was up to 133.6 this morning but I had rabbit poop yesterday so I was expecting it.

We are having badass weiners tonight for dinner with pesto gnocchis, that is gonna be high in calories but I had a great 11k run this morning. It was sunny but breezy, so it was really nice to run but I still managed to sweat my life away.

Something weird happen on my run though. I had waited a while after my breakfast heading out, and seriously I was feeling super good. I was about at 6k/11k, was feeling awesome, it was a great run. Suddenly, I coughed a bit to clear my throat.... and I threw up, right there, beside the bike path. It was really weird, I was feeling totallyyyy fine, and as I was cleaning a bit myself up, a bike stopped by to ask if I was okay and all I was able to say for myself was ''well, yeah, I'm okay, I was running and .. I just threw up..!?'' Maybe I was slow to digest this morning, I don't know. My boyfriend tells me that I am maybe turning into the the little thing from Ice Age http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPUrTi67aU

Anywayyyys. Going back to painting (yaaaay). Have a good weekend feathers!
  • Turbo: Oh man, I've had the run-barf thing happen before, too. I stopped in on a long run to drink a lemonade, and when I started running again, let out what I thought would be a little burp. It was like the motion bounced some liquid out from the top of my stomach, and I wound up "puking" on the side of the street, but feeling no distress or discomfort. There were people nearby who were probably floored, like "holy sh!t, that girl just puked and didn't even break running stride!"
  • Pulled a double work shift today. Been up from 4am until now (10:40pm). Feel like I'm going to pass out. Too tired to exercise today, tried lifting and it didn't go well. I need more sleep. I'll try again tomorrow...

Followed my meal plan. 1,555 calories today. I did walk over 60 minutes again today. That's something at least.
  • Hey guys!

Krampus- Sounds like a delicious BBQ! And lol, you pretty much described me exactly when BF pulls the 'not eating till later' stunt on me. I get so grouchy when I'm hungry! I think part of the way that I manage the low calories and the good mood is by spreading the food out over the day, so when a meal is a couple of hours late and I'm pretty much chewing my own hands off! That said, I've gotten much better at finding things that keep me going for longer, it was so hard at the start, but much easier now!

Turbo- aah sorry you had a scary health thing! Had you had a lot of fluid recently? I always find if I get bouncy after drinking a lot I can hear it gurgling about inside me, and like Xiao said, I could very easily burp-sick it up again! That video is so cute, haha, I didn't remember that from the film!

Aidan- woo, you are like an exercise machine! So awesome! Hope you manage to get a decent rest after that double shift, your day sounds exhausting

Olehcat- sending hugs for the stressy times! Sounds like you have a lot going on! With regards to your friend coming over, dress yourself up in the outfits that make you feel the most confident! I always find it much easier to relax in a situation like that if I know I'm looking my best

Hoopty- YAY for interview! And double yay for the smaller pants (aah, still always gonna be trousers for me ) I don't think I've ever had marzipan cake, but I'm always the one to eat the marzipan off the Christmas cake! So delicious!!

-----
    Still bouncing around the 139/140, just want a solid 'am into the 9 stones now' moment! Been pretty on plan for the past few days though. We just went out to an Italian restaurant with some vouchers that I got, it was really good because they had a 'light options' menu where instead of a whole pizza they'd do a smaller flatbread pizza with a salad and low-cal dressing. Was yummy, and had frozen yoghurt for dessert too Still food envy when BF had a normal pizza though, does anyone else get really grumpy if they can't have a massive portion like everyone else? Gah!
  • Hi!
    I don't know if I belong here, as I've got 16lb to lose. But I thought i'd jump in anyway!

I have a question, to those of you who have had like 20lbs to lose, how quick did the first 10 or so go? I'm within the healthy BMI range, and I intend to calorie count (1200kcal/day) and do regular exercise. How much weight do you think could be possible to lose during the first 4 weeks? I've lost 3 lb in water weight in a few days, which is amazing, but I go on holiday in a month's time... so I guess I'm just hoping that I'll see some results by then!