Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 121/119/110

Height: 5' 4" (almost)

Default I know I am overreacting, but I feel like crap.

I feel like this is the only forum I have seen where I can post something like this and people will understand, since we are all pretty much down to that last bit of weight to lose, so here goes...

I gained about 6 lbs. in a month, plus gained an 1/2 inch to an inch everywhere I measure. Not water weight, but actual weight. I know that isn't that much, but when my goal was to lose 6-8 lbs, which has been so challenging, it is f-ing devastating. So now I have 12 lbs. to lose. Great. And the only things I changed about my life were A) I got on birth control and B) I started lifting weights. The birth control is probably the main issue, which I got back off of because I felt like crap (I was on it only to treat my endo, don't need it for contraceptive).

This is really so frustrating because I absolutely have not changed how I eat, and even over the past 2 weeks I have been even more strict. The scale isn't budging, and I'm super pissed off. I don't know if anyone else has had similar issues, but would love to know tips on how others got back on track after a big set back!
clevergirl445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/163/150

Height: 5'8"

The birth control can have a really bad effect on me that's for sure! I know it's hard but would give it a little time now that you're off BC for your hormones to get back to normal. Add that to exercise and continuing to watch your diet and the 6 pounds you took quickly should go quickly. That's been my experience with BC anyway. I'm reaaaaaally sensitive to any kind of BC which is why I have a copper IUD ( no hormones ) instead.
CohesiveGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #3  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

You probably pinpoint the two main issues that definitely did not help the weight loss. BC pills has big impacts on the hormones and the hormones can trigger major bloating and everything. Weight lifting can also triggers water retention in the sore muscles.

I know that is must be frustrating though. My biggest advice would be to push through it, drink tons of water, and do not despair. If you are doing what you need to do, it will come off
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

What others said. When you're a Featherweight 6 lbs is a HUGE DEAL - but BC really, really messes with your body chemistry, and lifting as a bigger or after a hiatus can have that effect too.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #5  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

Thats super frustrating!
Maybe you can try switching your BC pills? your weight lifting prob has something to do with it too, your body might be trying to compansate for the extra work and sore muscles so its protecting them, causing the weight gain - just keep going your body should catch up with you soon
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote