3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   JANUARY Feathers Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/272389-january-feathers-chat.html)

krampus 01-20-2013 01:17 PM

OK here are those personals as promised, and some picspam.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...09323793_n.jpg
rrararaaaaararararrrrr

Obviously having 18 wings for dinner with tons of bleu cheese, I was not surprised to see my weight jump to 128.0 this morning...

Dorian5 That's no good you didn't feel well yesterday...are you going to Trader Joe's? I get giddy like a little kid whenever I go there. I took pictures at Wing Wars as promised:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21757249_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...74850094_n.jpg
Proof I had one of each...a few weren't great so I didn't finish them, but one place gave out TWO HUGE ones XD

kakers I'm really sorry to hear that your bearded dragon died :( That would put me in a terrible mood and make my winter blues worse, too. I have to admit the Domino's feast sounds pretty good...I haven't had delivery pizza in a long time. Good luck with those progress pictures! I only wish I had true "before" pictures but obviously at my high weight I wasn't going to wear a bikini.

JossFit YUMMMMMMM that looks delicious and filling! I believe it when you report feeling full and sated on your current fat loss meal plan. I joined a second gym because they offer classes and have a pool, and seeing the inside of the same gym day in and day out has been getting really tiring and making me not want to go - the excitement of a new place to go has kind of reamped my motivation!

I ended up eating most of the wings anyway (found that appetite somehow) and then felt that compulsion to wash it down with sugar afterward, but I felt a lot better about it physically than last year where I ate until I was SICK and had to go to sleep directly after.

LockItUp Yeahhhhhh new low weight!!!! My roommate and I are kind of slobs anyway but since she started teaching preschool full time the house is in worse shape than ever. I can't IMAGINE trying to get cleaning and such done with little people around!

Turbo AHHH Happy Smoked Meat Day! How was the rest of your weekend so far? Was the risotto amazing? I have a potluck tonight at a friend's house. Tomorrow is my day off work so I will probably end up having a bit more wine than I should and eating too much. OH well.

olehcat 01-20-2013 01:53 PM

Hi, all!!!

I've been out of town for a few days with no internet access, and have come home to needing to get work done for my grad classes, but will try to stop in later today/this evening and read what you all have been up to for the last few days! :)

As for me, I am going to start the 17 day diet tomorrow. I am truly inspired by some of you who have done it/are doing it, and it looks appealing to me since I love fruit and yogurt and the book seems really common sense about the whole thing. The only thing that will be hard is no wine for all that time, but I think I will cheat and have it on the weekend anyway. If that's the only cheat I do, I WILL lose weight on that diet, regardless. The wine just might slow things down a little, which I'm okay with as long as the trend goes downward.

I can't even weigh myself after this past week/my little mini trip out of town, though. This last week was atrocious. That's why I need to go on something more regimented for awhile, just to get my weight down so that my stomach doesn't feel completely gross.

Later, all! :)

Dorian5 01-20-2013 04:45 PM

krampus -- check out the GUN SHOW! :love: Your arms are incredible, and look at your teeny tiny waist! You looked so cute at wing wars -- does a restaurant win? How were Dinosaur BBQ's? They are all over Food Network, always wanted to go there. ...do you have a LotR cardboard cutout in your kitchen? Fantastic.

The beau DID go to Trader Joe's, we had a fantastic lunch just now with stuff from there -- clams in butter sauce (104 cal), crab cakes (190 cal) and a big sexy salad (100 cal). Perfect lunch, except the boyfriend brought home my favorite wine and local beer, and a frozen pizza for dinner. Oh well.

Good luck with the potluck!!!

olehcat -- I hear you about being out of town, it's so hard to stay on track when you don't have your own fridge/kitchen/etc. I'll have to look up the 17 day diet, I've never heard of it! Good luck with your work for grad classes. :)

TurboMammoth 01-20-2013 05:29 PM

Krampus : O.M.G. your ARMS. I am jealous! So Wings War consisted of trying wings at tons of places? Niiiiiiice! The risotto was okay, but it was a new recipe I tried and I prefered my old one. Is it a long weekend in the States!? What holiday it is?

lockitup : Bleeeh, I hate cleaning too. It's alwayyyys to be done again. Hope you had the chance to relax once the kids were in bed! :)

Joss : Jeez, that plate of food looks HUGE! (AND yummy!) At least you are full, which is awesome. :) I'm not even hating you for that! ;)

The Amish trend show is sure weird. TLC is doing that right now... but TLC really go with trends, for a while it was with little people... I think now Amish are more cool or something :P

kakers : I'm so sorry to hear about your bearded dragon :( Losing it pet suck so much!

Oh Dominos. It is so hard to resist. I wouldn't have been able to!! I used a bit my fitnesspal when I wanted to just estimate a bit the calories and I do agree that the search of thing can be a pain in the ***.

Dorian : Our CH lost too last night, 2-1 again Toronto :( CH fans are crazy though and started to BOOOOO-ed the team as they lost. Come on, it is the fiiiirst game. And anyway it's gonna be 1-2 years of reconstruction, in my opinion... My hockey fantasy draft did wonderful though :P

Olehcat : Good luck on the 17 days diet! (is it the same one that Alexistrophic is going?)

heyyy. We just got back from our friend's place, we had a really cool weekend. The food was okay, we ate a bit of chips in the evening, but did drank 3 bottles of wine while playing board games. We also went for about 2h30 of snowshoeing on a little mountain, so it was a better workout than going on a flat land.

We had to stop at the grocery on our way back and we were starving after skipping lunch so we bought ourselves sandwich (I picked a wrap, which was the better choice I could get). We decided to go to the smoked meat place later this week because it is cold and a sucky weather outside and the boyfriend got to picked the dinner... It's going to be Proscuitto and parmesan dumpling with a sun dried tomatoes sauce, but I'll probably cut some veggies and ate only a little portion... I hope I have the will power to stick to the plan LOL

Off to take a nice hot and long shower while the boyfriend is crying in front of the football game. See ya!

TurboMammoth 01-20-2013 05:31 PM

Krampus : I just saw : do you have Hobbits Cardboard in your kitchen!???!??? This.is.so.AWESOME bwhahahahaha

JossFit 01-20-2013 07:04 PM

This isn't as sexy as wings and beer, but ironically I have started calling this my Krampus salad;

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75654984_n.jpg

Just to show how big it is...

And this is what's in it; chicken, avocado, sweet potato, spinach, romaine, cucumber, green onion and balsamic vinegar.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...08983362_n.jpg

I had my bi-weekly massage today and it was a day off from the gym... would have been a GREAT day if I had seen the scale go down instead of up, but that's why I hired KO... HE can worry about fixing that. I just do what he says. :)

My roommate, her BF (also now a roommate) and her kiddo just got home from a movie, and it's SO AWKWARD in the house right now. The two of them are obviously fighting about something because they're all tense and not speaking but only talking to me and the kid... um, okay. I was trying to finish up making my salad and get out of the kitchen ASAP! LOL Gawd... only a few more months of this! I love them all but these little situations I will not miss at all.

I just spoke to my hubby and evidently he and his brother had yet another wild night last night and feel like crap today (and by wild I mean after a day of snowmobile riding they stayed up all night drinking beer and playing video games, tinkering with truck parts in the garage, and generally being men. No bar hopping or anything like that.) I sometimes pout a little to myself when other people seem to be going out having all the fun all the time, but then I remember that when I behave like that (Um, last weekend for example) I end up all hungover and crappy feeling anyways so I am OK not doing it again for a while!

Turbo - Did the snowshoeing bother your hip at all? What board games did you guys play? I LOVE Apples to Apples, but I really want to get Cards Against Humanity. It's like Apples to Apples only way more offensive. :)

The dinner sounds delish! Load up your plate full of awesome veggies and throw some of the dumplings and sauce on top so that it feels a bit more satisfying. You'll get all that extra sauce and yummy bits all over the veggies so it will feel more like one whole dish as opposed to veggies on the side of what you really want.

Olehcat - Tell me a bit about the 17 day diet... what's the appeal of that one for you specifically? I Googled it but it's mostly ads for it and not really the 'meat and potatos' so I'm not sure what the basis of the diet is.

I hear you on feeling completely gross after an atrocious weekend of eating... that was me this week. I seem to have dropped all the water weight and am really sad that it was only about 5 pounds, which means that I really am up about 14-15 pounds from where I was before Christmas, and now about 18-20 pounds from where I want to be. Yikes.

It's times like these that we feel a bit lost and like some structure would be the best thing for us... that's why I hired a coach! I totally feel where you are. You just want to DO THE WORK and not give yourself room to keep backsliding. You can do it, and I hope that this diet gives you the structure and sustainability you are looking for. :hug:

Krampus - That sounds like a great reason to join a new gym! I think I'm lucky that I have several on base to choose from, and when I visit my hubby I have his gyms on base AND a 24 Hour Fitness down the road to go to. I don't get bored, but then again, I'm a creature of habit and generally stick to one thing. It's my downfall in some ways.

Holy jacked arms Batman! You look great! I love how some built up delts and bis/tris can really accentuate a teeny waist, and the funny thing is, you can't tell at all in the picture at Wing Wars. (Don't get me wrong, you look fantastic, but I mean you're carrying some concealed guns there!).
Your shirt was super cute, but I imagine it makes people look at your boobs constantly when you wear it... LOL I know that's where my eyes went! haha

(Do I have to say 'no homo'?)

Who had the best wings? I don't even know when the last time I had a chicken wing was... I love chicken tenders and buffalo chicken sandwiches, but I don't like getting sauce under my nails. I'm such a priss!

You said you had the urge to sugar-coma yourself... did you?

Dorian - I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the shiritake noodles and rice! LOL some people b*tch about how gross they are but I think they expect them to taste like Italian pasta and they totally don't. Another thing I like and definitely recommend are kelp noodles. I love them with shrimp/fish and asian flavors like sriracha, ginger, soy, etc. They're crunchy and delicious and just give your meal a whole new texture.

Kakers - I'm so sorry about your Bearded Dragon. :( Its never easy losing a pet, and most of the time people just don't understand how much they mean to you. I accidentally came across a buried photo of my kitty who died in September yesterday and cried... I just wasn't expecting to see his little fur-face right then.

Ugh, Dominos. More like DEVILnos! I can care less about pizza 99% of the time but ONE pizza gets me; Dominos thin crust chicken bacon pizza. I have eaten a whole one on many many occasions. I think they sprinkle crack on it. Essense of crack. Maybe some essense of sex and crack blend with the italian spices. *******s.

It was a crappy day, but you're a tough chick! I hope today was better!

LOL Yeah I take a lot of pills, but it's all 'normal' stuff; Fish Oil, Calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics, etc. It's basically like taking a multivitamin except it's all separate to get the right amounts.

TurboMammoth 01-20-2013 08:50 PM

Joss : I had no problem snowshoeing this weekend, even if it was super hilly (which was AWESOME)! I guess my stride isn't exactly the same as I run compared to walking/snowshoeing. I was chatting with my running friend this weekend, who is currently heeling a huge knee injury (she got surgery) and she suggested to start back with a really basic program (like run 1'/walk 9') to really give some time to the hip and be really progressive... but it is soooo boring lol. Getting my cardio back will take so much longer, but gotta do what you gotta do, I guess...

I don't know any of the two games you mention! I googled them, they look fun! We played a game of Ticket to Ride and than we played a few games of Bohnanza, which is a games about Beans that you have to trade to make money (I lost the game, but my boyfriend really wanted to trade something at some point, so I owed myself a back massage too LOL). Board games + wine = match made in heaven!

Bayzee 01-20-2013 09:21 PM

Hey Feathers...just popping in to say to say hi.
Weekend was busy and there was a lot of wine drinking. Stayed OP otherwise, but Krampus' wings look so much better :)

Be back for personals tomorrow as I'm on my iPad and I'm really not great at typing on it. Cheers!

olehcat 01-20-2013 11:50 PM

okay, hi!!

@jossfit - Wow, that salad looks BEAUTIFUL! Beautifully healthy, too! :)
SO this 17 day diet - I don't know everything but it has something to do with switching things up every 17 days and gradually adding more and more foods. The first 17 days are the most strict with basically just veggies and protein with 2 fruits (before 2 p.m.) and 2 yogurts and lots of green tea. Then the next 17 days you add more stuff in (like healthy starch) and then you add even more stuff in the next 17 days. And eventually when you reach your goal you eat very healthy during the week but can loosen up a bit on the weekend, which is really where I'd like to be eventually! :) I need this. I feel GROSSSSSSS right now. I can't even...yeah. Yuck! And omg, your BIG plate of healthy food! That's hardcore! :)

Turbo - yep, I do believe it's the same thing Alex is doing and sort of what Bayzee outlined earlier, too! :) That sounds SO FUN, by the way, playing games and drinking lots of wine!!! One of my best memories with some good friends was when we rented a beach house and drank lots of wine and played some kids' board games that we found in the beach house, like Sorry. :D So much win.

Dorian - thank you!! I will need SO MUCH LUCK this semester. I'm really insane to be taking this huge class load on top of working full time, but I had to take advantage of a tuition waiver that I got.

@krampus - OMG your ARMS!!!!!! And yes you do have hobbits in the background!!! I used to have a Frodo stand up like that years ago!!!! *grin*

@kakers - oh sorry about your bearded dragon! And I hear you about that muscle-numbing exhaustion!

@Lockitup - I'm a terrible housekeeper, too. I don't even have kids, just two cats. Ugh, I sympathize!

If I forgot someone, I apologize! Am tired and brain-fried! :)

JessicaB 01-21-2013 10:42 AM

So I'm checking in here to do my walk of shame. Friday ended with major stress eating. I was all set to get back on track Saturday, but after swimming with my friend and his daughter, he asked us to go out for dinner. I haven't yet mastered healthy eating at a restaurant, because I hate the idea of spending so much money on something when it's not what I really want. I had pasta, and I haven't had restaurant pasta in probably over a year, so I did really enjoy it, but felt majorly guilty afterwards. Because I'd already screwed up 2 days in a row, I figured I might as well let myself have what I want at the potluck, and my weight is way way up now.

I'm not being too hard on myself about it, because I really needed the food comfort on Friday. I feel like this is probably way TMI, but given the poop talk here, I figure it's along the same lines, so maybe okay to share (but if you're not a parent, you might find this disturbing). From the time my daughter was 1.5 to 2.5 she held in bowel movements. We had her on laxatives for nearly a year, but she would still hold them in for days at a time on the laxatives, and would just refuse to go. It was majorly stressful, and by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life. Well a week and a half ago, she was a bit constipated, and when she went and it hurt, she once again decided that she just wasn't going to poop ever again. I started her back on the laxatives, and she did manage to have a bowel movement last Monday at daycare, but then by Friday, she still hadn't gone again. She knew she had to go, but just refused, so she'd been spending all her time hiding under tables, or hiding in the bathroom and rubbing against the floor trying to hold it, and just being all around miserable. She'd ask to go to bed at like 5:30, and I just couldn't fathom going through this for another year, but was failing at talking any sense into her. So that's what triggered the stress eating. I feel concentrating on her and solving this issue is my #1 priority, so I'm okay that my weight loss took a bit of a step back to help me deal with this. I am feeling more hopeful now though, as she pooped tons Saturday and yesterday. She didn't willingly go Saturday though, she literally held it until it was impossible for her to keep it in any longer. I don't think I've ever been so happy to have to clean up pants full of poop! But she has been going on the toilet since then, since the main blockage is out. I just hope we can continue getting her to go on a regular basis so it doesn't turn into a vicious cycle. She has been out of diapers since before she was 2, and never has accidents, but I knew it was coming, so I was prepared with extra clothes. It happened on the way to visit my friend, and so wasn't overly convenient, but I'm glad it's all out now. I've been talking to her a lot about how she should go whenever she needs to so that it doesn't get harder, and how she should eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water, and while she knows all that will help keep it softer, she's not always willing. It doesn't help that her daycare provider seems to only feed her constipating food, lots of rice, crackers, yogurt and the only fruit she ever seems to give her is bananas. I talked to her about it last week, but I'm not sure if she sensed how important it was, as there is a bit of a language barrier (I send her to a french daycare, and my french isn't perfect).

In any case, I'm happy that I didn't post a gain with my weight loss competition, when I did my weigh in yesterday. However, I'm now up more than when I started, but I know I can post a decent loss for the next weigh in, and I'm not too far behind everyone else right now. There shouldn't be much to tempt me in the next month, so I'm feeling hopeful.

Aidanqm 01-21-2013 10:58 AM

Hey, everyone.

New member here. Thought I'd join in on this chat. :) Not much to say about myself. I'm tiny, trying to get even more tiny. I like lifting, cycling, running, spin class... I work at a gym, I'm a gym rat.

I sometimes have trouble with being too strict and then binge eating. I'm working hard to include moderation into my life now-a-days. Still face set-backs once and a while but I hope that with the support of a forum, I'll work to lose fluff the healthy way. I'll post a picture later.

olehcat 01-21-2013 11:56 AM

So while I was out of town it was one big food festival for me, from the Mexican food out I had the first night to huge burgers and cheese fries the next day to movie theater popcorn to two big homemade scones. Oh gosh, so good, no regrets, but today is Day 1 of the 17-day diet. So far, so good. I'm not hungry and I like the food.

For breakfast I had:
2 eggs, 1 cup egg whites
red onion, jalapenos, garlic, mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil

I've had 1 out of 2 of my fruits
I LIKE the hot lemon water and herbal teas.

For lunch AND dinner I'm planning on having some ground turkey and veggie chili.

I'm peeing non-stop this morning. This is a good thing because I weighed in at 147.8 this morning (actually I was pleased, I was expecting to hit 150 this morning after the food fest that was this past weekend - which started Thursday night with the frozen pizza and ended yesterday with take-out Chinese food and lots of wine).

@jessica - oh man, that sounds really stressful! I can see why you needed the comfort food!

@Aidanqm - welcome, your current weight is my dream weight, so I love hearing what people who maintain around that weight do and eat!

My main issue today is that it's SO COLD outside today (and yes, Turbo, I'm a WIMP about the cold, lol) and I don't even want to go outside to the car to drive to the gym, much less exercise outside! :D :D :D

Alexistrophic 01-21-2013 04:13 PM

Well, hellooooo feathers.
Draggin my butt back in here after a less than ideal weekend...
Friday and Saturday were commendable. Sunday was not. It was a temporary gain on the scale that threw me off... I know this cycle and I saw it coming, but dang, I hit the wall hard. Started out with canned fruit cocktail (NOT an ideal "fruit" choice) and spiraled from there. I'm still sticking to the 17 Day, though. Just because I had bumpy day or so does NOT mean that I'm throwing in the towel.

Day #7 out of 17
(and even with all my misbehavin' and TOM on the way, I'm still a pound down from where I was this time last week. Horray!) So if I need a bit more time, I may just stay in this cycle for longer, but I have a target goal in mind and I'm hoping I'll be able to get there in the 10 days I have left.

17 Day Diet in Brief: (as I understand it)
(from the title it sounds a bit "fad-ish", but the basics are just fairly standard healthy eating.)

Cycle 1: Accelerate. - most restrictive- 17 Days
unlimited lean protien
unlimited "cleansing vegetables" (non-starchy)
2 servings of probiotics (yogurt, kefir, etc.)
2 servings of fruit
at least 64 ozs of water
green tea (he does warn that too much of this can interfere with iron absorbtion)

Cycle 2: Activate. Resets the metabolism.
Add in some starchy veg (sweet potatoes, winter squash, etc.)

Cycle 3: Achieve. Develop good eating habits, re-teach yourself how to eat carbs.

Cycle 4: Arrive. A combination of the first three Cycles. On weekends, enjoy your favorite meals in moderation.

I got the book from the library and was not at all impressed by the writing style -- too chatty and simplistic and not enough science behind his approach, but this may be because this approach isn't really based on science. I also would have liked more case studies, but again, it just seems like a simple, easy to follow, fairly simple way of eating

This isn't a magic pill or silver bullet, but it's a fairly sustainable way of eating and I can see myself sticking with this as a "core diet". I like that I don't have to count cals/carbs (just monitor 2 servings of probiotic and 2 servings of fruit).

Will return with personals!!!

olehcat 01-21-2013 06:25 PM

@ALex - yes, I absolutely hear you about the 17-day diet book, on the overly chatty style of talking and lack of studies talked about. However, that being said, I know from MY personal eating past that the way he has it laid out is the way that has worked for me in the past (I mean, the types of foods being allowed, lower carb but also with fruit and yogurt included). I think the timing stuff is a little silly, like no fruit after 2 p.m., but then I think, hey, I need SOME kind of structure so I'm just going to follow it. I know that seems a little silly, but I need major structure right now, and that helps me plan my food day without having to obsess and think about it too much. I also like how it gradually segues into a sustainable lifelong way of eating that fits with me (I find it very easy to eat very healthy and strict during the week, I like to loosen up a bit on the weekend).

It's 4:30 now and I'm not even hungry. Normally I'm ravenous by 4 p.m.

Still peeing ALL DAY LONG. I hope that means a few water weight pounds will go away for tomorrow's weigh-in.

Bayzee 01-21-2013 07:08 PM

Happy Monday Feathers!

I had a decent weigh-in considering the wine I drank all weekend. I need one of Krampus' #5 poop on the poop scale though. I know...TMI.Lol! Planning to workout soon and get my lunch ready for tomorrow. I'm ditching the protein powder and just making greek yogurt shakes...my greek yogurt has 17g of protein so I will go with that, frozen berries and unsweetened almond milk.

My goal for the week is stay OP and get my weekend drinking back to "normal drinking" levels. I'd really like to break the 116 range this week, but I definetly feel better so I guess that's better than the number on the scale right now.
I really need to get my bodyfat done properly so I THAT can be the true measurement.

Turbo...I drank a lot of wine too this weekend. One night doesn't really hurt me as much as when I drink a lot 2 nights in a row. we had company too on Saturday, so I guess it was worth it.

Krampus...LOVE the wing wars. I wish we had stuff like that around here. I'm an amateur wing connaisseur. I like a drier, non-greasy wing....just the right amount of sauce. But I really like a dry cajun wing. There so much easier to eat too! Sorry if I missed it but, what type was the best?

Joss...Yummy food pics. I really like your diet so far. Seems very sensible. I personally have trouble around the 2 week mark with clean eating. I crave a "bad carb", like pasta and usually take a cheat meal. Are you allowed refeed or cheat meals?

Olecat and Alex......If you stick to phase 1 and 2, you're virtually going to live a clean eating lifestyle. It's not the magic solution, but I try to follow that 80-90% of the time. I personally can't go back to eating the bad carbs like I use to. I do a cheat meal about every two weeks, and I can't go back to eating pkged foods or processed foods like before. As soon as I did, I gained 12-13 lbs in 2 months (over the summer). Try to look at it as a lifestyle change, instead of a diet.

Kakers...sorry to hear about your pet. I love animals, and know how they easily become a part of your family. In fact, I've liked my pets more than some family! lol!

Jessica B...I'm cheering for you in the competition. Go Girl!

Aidanqm...Welcome! Jump in any time!