Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default Body composition and scales

Ok so I am surely over thinking this, but I have to just get it out.

I have had a pretty nasty cold for about a week- and haven't worked out for about 6 days.

Yesterday I had my weekly weigh - in. .4 pounds down from last week, but my body fat reading went from 17%-20. I weighed in again this morning, to double check, I was down another .2 lbs but still got 20% fat reading. My scale is usually pretty consistent, but I can't be losing muscle that quickly- right?? Maybe I'm just holding more/less water because I'm sick?? And that's messing up the numbers? Again- probably over thinking... But- humor me with some answers if you can! :P
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

Water weight changes allot when you are sick. A fever will leave you dehydrated so will diahrea(sp) inflamation will cause you to retain water.

I wouldn't worry.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Yeah, I would say it has a lot more do to with your hydration, or dehydration in this case, levels than your actual bf %. I'm sure as soon as you're healthy and feeling yourself again it will go back down.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

I'm a personal trainer and I take body compositions on a fairly regular basis - the more dehydrated you are, the higher your body fat % will read. Since those scales send an electric current through your body, the less water you have, the slower that current will run.
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote