Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #76  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

((((((Turbo, Joss, Krampus, LeilaJay)))))
Feathers for the win!!!

Feel like I'm slowly but surely getting back on track. Sometimes I think I have "food behavior amnesia" that keeps me from remembering the crappy things I do with food. Today is going well and I think to myself, "It's always been this way, right?" Then I check my food notebook and remember the truth.... Um, no.

So for today, I'm doing all right.

(Changed my avatar to a pic of me doing yoga on the beach. Now I feel like my leg looks all stumpified... yech!)
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #77  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

alexistrophic Awesome yoga picture!

turbo aww, hope you feel better! Having a hangover when you didn't even drink is soo unfair. That beaver tail thing sounds amazing, holy crap, I'm all about that right now.. mm maple syrup. My friends from Quebec would put maple syrup in spaghetti sauce. It was pretty damn good.

Joss Heh heh, I am a total slob at the minute. I should really do some sort of home work out thing.. had a great day back on track today, thanks for asking hope you're doing ok and not eating the world, anything to distract yourself? Is it stress related?

krampus Feel better! Hangovers are no fun.

-----

Had a good on track day today. Ate well except for the 2 jaffa cakes I had with my cup of tea after dinner, but that's ok, I'm trying to learn how to just have 1 or 2 of something. It's tough but I'm feel pretty good about it right now.

Also looking forward to not doing anything this weekend, ha, who knew!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #78  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Alexis : It is YOU in your picture??? Holy crap! I could never do this! Amazing picture!!

Leilajey : I'm the typical Quebec person, I'm in love with maple syrup. I'm able to just pour a spoon and drink it, to the disdain of my boyfriend LOL My favorite mixt right now is plain yogurt, granola and maple syrup... yumm

136.4 this morning, which is back to my last friday weight. I guess it's okay. Better than a gain! Time to update my ticker though, I've been living in the lie of the 132 pounds for too long now LOL

I ended up getting black beans, putting them in the food processor and baking brownies with them. They are quite good! A bit more caky than I love my usual brownies recipes, but still better than the recipe on skinnytaste. Plus they are only 100 calories for a more than 2 inches portion, which is a winner

Plus I only told the boyfriend that there was bean in them after he ate 2 and said they were really good. MWAHAHAHAHA.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #79  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I got REALLY HUNGRY last night and ate a bunch of carrots with hummus and peanut butter after dinner, I think I haven't been eating quite enough (or not the right stuff) the past few days to complete my workouts. 125.0 this morning which I'm happy about. Today I am planning to eat maintenance calories (it's also my lifting day).

A little girl was at my office this morning and drew me a gigantic chocolate ice cream cone. I WANT IT SO BAD - good thing I have been planning ice cream for today all along :P

TurboMammoth Well done on the brownie success!

LeilaJey I've been so busy recently that not having to go somewhere else on weekends feels INCREDIBLE.

Alexistrophic Girl I see nothing stumpy, nothing at all. You look great!

JossFit Good point about hydration, I need to remember that since it's 1000000 degrees out and humid, I need to drink more. Had another so-so fail-workout yesterday. Maybe I should try 5 hour energy.

Dorian5 Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

LeilaJay ~ Sometimes those "do nothing" days are just what the doctor ordered.

Turbo ~ Ha. Thanks. Notice how far away the pic is taken, though... Agree with Leila that that "beaver tail" dessert sounds amazing! What's even more amazing is that you probably can have one and then jump right back on the wagon with little to no damage.

Krampus ~ I hear ya on the "not eating enough to sustain your workouts"... It's a slippery slope. Reckon you needed those carrots, pb, and hummus. At least in my experience, if I eat a little lower for a few days and lose, then raise my cals ever so slightly, I can usually still maintain the loss. Be careful, though. No starving allowed!

Joss ~ heh... Saw your comment in the daily weigh in thread... If you'll notice, though, I put on 5 lbs of "water" weight from the crap overeat... It was a relief (but not totally unexpected) to lose 4lbs once I went back to eating well.

~~~
My last day of work today!!! Saddington bear out here. It's just me and my 75 y/o boss working in his home-based business, so I feel like he'll kinda be drowning without me, but alas, life goes on. I invoiced him for $200 for the rest of the week, but he gave me a check for $500. He's that kind of guy. Man, I'll miss him, but onward and upward ho!

Plans to go to a free NY Phil concert in Central Park tonight!!! (great way to celebrate last day, really!!!) I have kind of a funny, geeky infatuation with Alan Gilbert (the new music director). Am thinking of trying to grab a pic or two.... *google eyes*

Happy weekend, everyone!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #81  

Height: 5'4

Turbo - LOL, yeah, I wanted to eat the world, but I didn't... didn't even seriously contemplate it; I'm in the diet-ZONE chica! I'm actually planning a carb-up tomorrow and it's a little hard to plan to eat all the extra calories even though I know my body needs it right now.
haha, I'm glad you were able to pull the old switch-er-oo on your bf with the brownies. I've done similar things with my fiance; I like to make him fajitas and use fat free cheeses and greek yogurt instead of sour cream... things like that. He doesn't even notice.
I'm glad the scale is moving back the direction you want it to go!

Alexis - I do the same thing! I'll feel like I've been on plan forever, and then look back at my food journal and go "whoa, that huge party pig out vacation I had was only 2 weeks ago..." or whatever the case is.
I like your new avi... I don't think you look stubby at all! I can't even do that... hahaha

Leila - Yeah, I was doing fine... just hugry. It really wasn't stress related (though that does happen to me a bit) but it was legitimate physical hunger - I've been working my *** off lately! I wasn't really struggling with it like I do some days; you know THOSE days... the ones where you can't stop thinking about food and you feel like you're going just a bit crazy. This was more of a "Holy crap that was a hard workout" kind of thing. No biggie... I stayed on plan and drank lots of water to make sure I was re-hydrated.
I had to google Jaffa cakes. Um, YUMMY! I want to try one! It looks like a cross between some sort of cake and a cookie to me. Did you do okay only having just the two? I am working on that as well, and it's becoming easier and easier. I suppose as long as I have motivation NOT to eat more (like this little wedding dress situation as an example) it's not hard for me to resist. It's the times that I'm at my goal weight, looking good, and don't really have any reason NOT to treat myself that I end up overdoing it. (Krampus knows what I'm talking about... haha)

Krampus - Back at 125 LIKE A BOSS! Nice work lady. My workouts have been dragging a bit the last couple of days as well. I think I just am overdue for a rest day and probably a carb-up/refeed day (so I'll do that tomorrow and see how I feel). Do you normally take anything for energy pre-workout? A 5 hour energy might be a good boost, but to me, if you are starting to drag and find that you need things like that it's an indication that something about your diet, hydration, sleep, etc. is off. I find it's best to listen to your body for those cues rather than try to trick them with stimulants. (but I'll keep my hippie preaching to myself from here on out! haha)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, tomorrow is the ole' weekly weigh-in/measurement check. I'm really hoping everything stayed the same over the last week. I'm sure I haven't gained, but I don't want to have lost either. I'm not so much concerned with the scale as I am with my measurements. After all, my dress isn't fitted to the scale, it's fitted to my inches, right?

Today I have a follow-up from that Botox appointment I had a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping that in my doc's opinion everything looks nice and balanced (it does to me) because otherwise he'll have to even it out. It's free of charge if he does, but those shots hurt! dang! haha

Not much to report outside of that... had a lackluster workout this morning so I'm definitely ready for the weekend; time to sleep in a bit and recharge my batteries! Lots to get done this weekend and a lunch date at Panera Bread with a girlfriend of mine to look forward to. Normally I get their Chopped Thai chicken salad, but I think this time I'll try their new Chopped Cobb with Bacon salad. The half size (which is actually a good sized salad) is only 250 calories, 20g protein, 18g fat (from the dressing and stuff but it's good fats) and 5g carbs. Not bad huh?!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post
Joss ~ heh... Saw your comment in the daily weigh in thread... If you'll notice, though, I put on 5 lbs of "water" weight from the crap overeat... It was a relief (but not totally unexpected) to lose 4lbs once I went back to eating well!
Oh yeah, but still... it's so nice to see that water weight come off!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #83  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

We all know BMI is bunk but I found this interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

JossFit Panera is boss, though I don't buy their calorie counts for stuff at all. The cobb salad in question is very good and not salty/overdressed. Enjoy, and good luck w/Botox. O_O I am having a big sandwich for lunch today and will be BBQing later so that will hopefully fix my bleh workouts issue. Tomorrow is a small mountain hike, swim, and it seems ice cream has been pushed back another day.

Alexistrophic Don't worry, no starving here. I read about people who eat 1200 calories every day and work out and wonder how they don't drop dead. To me, eating under 1600 is a huge achievement! Don't feel too guilty about leaving your boss...if he wanted you to stay desperately he'd pay you a ton more and give you reason to stay. :P
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #84  

Krampus and Jossfit - My workplace is ordering Panera for breakfast AND lunch on Monday - pretty much everything that you can get from there. I requested tea =P
Also the BMI thing says that I match someone from Vietnam the most.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #85  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi! just a quick check in.

I am on my period and not doing so great but could be worse. Once my period is over I pan to re-start with force!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #86  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I match someone from Brazil.

turbo haha, that's some good trickery right there! Taste is what matters. I've always wanted to learn how to bake but I'm scared to.. dangerous.

krampus I'm totally enjoying this no plans thing. Although my friend might come over and watch a movie later, but I didn't eat too much today so a few cookies won't kill me. Mm chocolate ice cream! How was it? Awesome on 125!

Alexis aww, hope your last day was good. Onwards and upwards eh Have fun at the concert!

Joss I was surprisingly fine with 2! At first I wanted more but I told myself maybe later/tomorrow and then I didn't care later on. There's an ongoing discussion about their biscuit/cake status haha, either way they're pretty damn tasty! It's good you have your wedding to motivate you, must be so exciting and yeah I totally know those days, it's great though to be able to eat some more and not feel bad about it. I love that feeling!

crazygurl Feel better

Finally got out for a cycle today! I've been feeling so tired but when I actually went I was really pushing it and feeling great. It's funny how that happens, I always try to remind myself when I'm being lazy that I'll feel better if I just do it. About an hour later we had some serious torrential downpours, the weather here has been so **** all Summer.. seriously I can't remember the last day it didn't rain.

Got some tasty home made cookies again today.. My boyfriend's obsessed with them hah, how does he get to be 135lbs?!.. no fair!

Also where are you Dorian & Philana?
Hey to everyone!

Last edited by LeilaJey; 07-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #87  

Krampus - That is true, I don't trust the counts at Panera much either, but in order to not be a TOTAL hermit I do have to eat out on occasion so it's better than some of the alternatives. I usually do my best to estimate it and ask for dressing on the side - I don't sweat it too much.
That's so ironic you posted that link, because I just saw that today on another site! I was cracking up because it said I was "Most like someone from Ethiopia". hahaha

Pixellate - I ALWAYS bring my own lunch/snacks to work with me. My office is constantly stocked with goodies people bring in. Just today for example the First Sergeant went out and bought like 10 boxes of assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts and just spread the boxes out all over; she left them in the break room, on empty desks, in breezeways... they were everywhere! LOL I wasn't at all tempted, but this isn't always the case. KKs aren't my thing, but she does this with Panera's bagels and pastries too! We also have cupcakes she orders from really upscale bakeries for birthdays and stuff. Ugh... it can be hard at times. Just last week we had TWO cookouts!

Crazygurl Hang in there, you can do it!!

Leila - It's been raining here everyday too, but I don't mind so much; the afternoon storms help cool it off and bring down the humidity. It's MISERABLE without them. I'm glad you got out for a ride though!
I'm going to have to obtain some of these cookie/cake delicious looking Jaffa wonders and come up with my own conclusion as to what they are. A cookie? A cake? A cakie? Hmmm

Yeah, the wedding is a huge motivator. I get to marry this handsome devil, so who wouldn't want to look good with that waiting at the altar?

EDIT: Okay, so now it's Saturday morning and I just checked my weight and measurements; 114.8 pounds?! Grrr, I lost another 1.6 pounds since my final dress fitting! More importantly, I checked my measurements and my waist and bust seem to be about the same but I lost an inch in my hips... I think that my dress should still fit the same, but I'm bringing safety pins so that I can make a little tuck inside the dress if I have to.

Off to the gym for some WEIGHTS!! No cardio today, and ice cream for sure.

Last edited by JossFit; 07-14-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #88  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Leila - Im here, Im here! Hihi

--
So, remember about a week or so ago? I was gonna get back on plan and all? Well, instead I got sick. Just a cold, but the worst cold I've ever had. First I had to work the first 3 days of my cold, it was ****. Then I had the whole week off so I figured after 2 days of resting, I'd go enjoy that. Well, not. I was in bed with my head about to explode and hurting for the whole week. Today is the first day I am feeling really fine again, but I have to work!

I ate whatever I wanted, started with lot's of fruit and healthy stuff to load up on vitamins, but since that approach did not work and I was bored-craving bad food I had one afternoon of snacks. That also did not work for me, so then I had only normal foods, but a lot of them. A lot of carbs. Yesterday I was hungry the entire day, but trying to get back on track I ate normal at first.. but the hunger had kept me up half the night so I ended up eating a TON. Mostly healthy stuff. Trying to get more protein than carbs. Today I still feel a bit of a hunger-pang but I think I can ignore it enough to get back on normal track.

Oh well. That's me. Imma catch up on these boards tomorrow, right now I am about to leave for work.

Be safe girls!

Edit: After posting and rereading this I realize that I call my balanced within calorie days "normal food". So that's a good sign. It's not my diet-food. Hihi. It's my "when I am not to lazy to take care of myself" food that's normal in my mind now. Only took about a year.

Last edited by philana; 07-14-2012 at 06:52 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #89  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I did the BMI thingy and they say I matched someone from Burkina Faso.

krampus : I,m sure your thing about the drawing of the giant chocolat ice cream cone played in the back of the little voice in my head who was screaming for ice cream last night :P (and yes, I listened to the voice! LOL)

Alexis : Must have been sad leaving your boss Is his daugther back yet? Hope you had fun at the concert last night

Joss : You and your fiance make such a cute couple!! And WOAHHH look at the rock at your finger!! How was your WI?

crazygurl : hold on girl!!

leila : For the baking, I learned by myself, which means I burned a lot of things while doing so :P Oh and boys and weight SUCKS! My boyfriend can maintain so much more easily than me, and when HE gains, he diet A BIT for like 2 days and drop 4 pounds. like you said, unfair!

philana : glad you're back!

WI at 138.2 this morning but I had a heavy meals day yesterday and I did not poop for the last 2 days. I'm drinking a coffee right now, usually it helps me :P

I went shopping last night, I only wanted to get a book of hiking trails in Qc (which I did got and which is GREAAAT). But I also ended up getting shoes. and earings. and a dress, that is kinda tight and that I never thought would fit me and that I think I look freakin hot in it. That felt good

I also went for a run this morning, later that I intended (messed up with my alarm clock) and it was.SO.HOT. It was only a 10k, at least.

We are going to see Our Lady Peace tonight, I'm super excited. I'm ready to be sent back in 1997 LOL and well, Raine Maida is still a hottie... even if he is 42 :P
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
Joss : You and your fiance make such a cute couple!! And WOAHHH look at the rock at your finger!! How was your WI?
Thankk you! Yeah, he actually designed it all by himself! He picked out the princess cut stone, had them put it in a split shank, and added black diamonds to both sides... it's perfect. I love it so much!

I edited my last post but the results of the WI are down at the bottom under the pictures, so it probably got overlooked. I friggin lost! I'm down to 114.8 pounds... NOT COOL. My last dress fitting I was at 116.2lbs or so. The weight isn't the real issue, its the inches... I lost .5 off my waist and 1 off my hips. I'm now going to pack safety pins...

Why is it that when I don't want to lose, I do? I was worried that bumping my calories up would make that happen, and sure enough...

Yeah yeah, I know... don't we all wish we had that problem? LOL really I wouldn't care except for that dang dress.

Time to eat!

Last edited by JossFit; 07-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.