Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #61  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

HAHA LeilaJey trying to poop and failing in the morning totally ruins my day. It happened yesterday AND today. I am just not eating enough to make poop right now.

pixellate As I'm sure you know, the difference between a B+ and an A- is that a B+ means you are disowned by your family and an A- means you need to try harder and are lazy.

TurboMammoth So glad you had fun camping...I can't wait to see pics. As for weight, to be fair you were training for distance running...can't run without fueling.

I weighed in at 126.0 this morning. Waiting until 3 PM to eat makes the BIGGEST difference in appetite control. Today I should eat a little more since it's a lifting day, but I'm really happy that ending each day at a caloric deficit has been so easy the past couple days.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #62  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

pixellate : bad cycles are so hard to get out of! I laughed at loud when I saw the picture of Homer. I make this face too often myself with some kind of food!

krampus : woah 126, you are getting so close of the sub-125! And I'm joining the club of the ''I need to freackin poop for gods sake'' ... neverending problem of life...!! LOL

I was at 137.6 pounds this morning after I woke up and ate my banana, which is at least a move in the right direction! I headed out for my first run of my 11 weeks training program for my next half.. I started with a 5k speedworkout and, GOD, it wasn't the best move ever after taking it easy on the running for more than a week. I felt great after it though, I broke a sweat and PR'ed my time for the 5k

My legs are almost not sore anymore from the hike from saturday. Here's a few pictures of our amazing time in the woods!

About halfway to the top.

At the top! Victory!

Another view. Awesome weather to hike!

So tonight the boyfriend is eating out with his work buddies, so I'm so free to eat wathever he doesn't like to eat. I planned of cooking a chickpea curry and bake some black beans brownies I've seen online for this week (won't tell him there's black bean in it though... I'll let the guy eat a few first before admitting the ugly truth to him. MWAAAHAHHAAA.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #63  
Staying the Same

Mmmmmm curry and brownies. Your boyfriend is really cute, almost as cute as you bahahaha

Here is an inappropriate picture from Fourth of July. Those are my boxer shorts on him (I found them at Japanese Walmart). I am starting to feel OK with candid pictures.......?!?!??!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #64  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

I love all the pics. When I am not bloated like a pregnant woman I will add some...hah
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone - I was away from the weekend and have been lurking. I had to have a heart to heart with myself the other day. lol. I have been totally off track and keep blaming it on 'other stuff'. I can't seem to control my eating habits if I'm not in my own little world. Step outside the house for lunch with co-workers, a weekend away, etc and all **** breaks loose. I'm basically back at the weight I was steadily at 3 weeks ago (around 134). sigh. We have a long weekend away coming up and a week at the beach so I really need to be focused and try to at least maintain while on vacation. I think I'm also stressed by the summer schedule we have for our son - it's really messing with my work schedule which is already jammed. Which means late nights working and that means no time for working out. And so it becomes a cycle. sigh.

Anyway, enough sob story. I'm actually feeling better after a few days. I think I detoxed all the crap out and am entering my calories in the morning so I know exactly what I can and can't eat.

crazygurl61 - hugs, I feel ya. TOM soon?

krampus - you are too cute! Look at how tiny your legs look!

TurboMammoth - beautiful scenery! We're heading camping next weekend and I can't wait. Black Bean brownies? I've never heard of such a thing!

jossfit - sounds like you have it all under control. Good luck and I can't wait to see pics! Just in case you do lose bring a big thing of safety pins - you can pin from the inside which should help if needed. Plus most of the resorts will have a seamstress around, who at the very least can help with the right way to put pins in if it's too large. I'm sure it will be perfect though.

Dorian - where are you??? Thinking of you!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #66  

krampus : your legs looks TONED, girl! And you and your boyfriend make such a cute couple! He's quite rocking the shorts!! LOL

crazygurl : TOM coming your way? :S

Dottie : Yeah, I saw the black bean brownies on Pinterest... I was super curious how they tasted! ¸

136.8 this morning, which is fine with me, it's at least going in the good direction!

I wasn't able to bake the black bean brownies last night because when I got to the grocery store, the BLACK BEANS WERE ON SALE (and like seriously, ONLY the black beans, no other kind of beans) and there was no can left of the shelves. Who is seriously stocking black beans when they are on sale!? So I baked a recipe a banana/oatmeal/super-diet-no-fat-no-nothing-in-them, they were disguting and I trashed them At least the chickpeas curry was awesome.

There's a music festival in my town this week and we are planning to go and see many shows until sunday... which mean sleeping late and probably having a few beers...control control control
Old 07-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #67  

Height: 5'4

Leila - I hope everything, um, got moving for you... LOL

Krampus - Aww, I can't see the picture for some reason! You mentioned not eating until 3 pm... are you doing IF or have you just not been hungry until later on in the day? Whatever the case, I'm glad it's working for you... 126 is soooo close!!

Turbo - I'll jump on the "your boyfriend is a cutie" bandwagon.... Nicely done! haha
I can sympathize with where you are and where you want to be. Like Krampus said, you have to eat to fuel those long training runs, but finding that balance between eating for energy and eating for body composition is a fine line. The most important thing is that if you choose to keep doing those runs that you eat up. Nothing is worse than undereating and overtraining, and ending up with no energy or injuries -- and then you'd be able to do NO working out! FWIW, I think you look great as is.

I'm sorry your banana bread situation didn't work out! That just totally reminded me of the amazing cupcakes at my BFFs reception in early june and her awesome cupcakes that made me gain 4 pounds. One of them was Chocolate Banana, which didn't sound great to me, but it was actually like a banana bread cupcake with perfectly balanced (not too sweet) chocolate frosting. Amazing. Now I'm drooling...

Dottie - It happens to us all... life gets in the way, you get run down, you get tired of constantly tracking and counting... and as they say, willpower is finite. Sometimes you just can't hold it all together! But, there is no need to lurk or hide away from us. Is there anything we can do to help? Ideas to help you stay on track or give you some tips for quick workouts you can do at home? At the very least I can hook you up with an e-hug for now. It's just a bump in the road... no biggie.
Thanks for the tip with the safety pins... I definitely will bring some! I already went and picked up some double sided tape just to make sure everything up top stays where it should be... haha. Thats the primary concern!

CrazyGurl - Looking forward to the pictures! Hopefully I can add some up soon. I tried to post a couple for you guys the other day but the file sizes were too big.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a lot going on for me the last few days; just working and working out as per usual.

Today I hit the gym for a good full body workout before I went to CrossFit training - the WOD today was hard, but nothing soul-crushing like last week... haha. We did;
60 burpees (okay, this was sort of soul-crushing), 50 sit-ups, 40 barbell thrusters, 30 dips, 20 pullups and 10 handstand pushups. After that we did 4 rounds of 30 crunches, leg lifts, and side crunches (for each side) so a total of 360 reps for abs. All in all, not bad... whole thing took about 20 minutes.

I've been walking that fine line between eating more but not eating too much, and I think it's going okay. It's hard to tell, and I wish I had my wedding dress here so I could try it on and make sure things are staying the same, but the day I got it (last Friday) I had to mail it off to my BFF who is driving out to Las Vegas for the wedding. I'm sure it will be fine... I just have to keep an eye on things.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #68  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

argh.... I just needed a bit of a vent, too... I started the week (Monday) at 149 and thought to myself "If I really wanted to be at 145 by Sunday, I know exactly what I'd have to do..." Did I do it? I did not. Now it is Wednesday and lo and behold, instead of losing four pounds, I went and gained five... I met up with old college friends last night and had two drinks (pina colada and vodka in soda). Neither one was bank breaking and I ate right after I got home (at 4AM) but managed not to do too much (more) harm.

I know it's not too late to turn it around. I'm just super disappointed in myself for doing so badly these two days. But then I think to myself "It was TWO days... not a week, not two weeks, not a month." Get it together, self! It's the feeling of discouragement that is the worst...

So the plan is:
- Drink! (mostly water, but there is no water guzzling smilie as of yet)
- Eat! (healthy)
- Move!

And I refer myself back to what is in my siggy: the question is WILL I?

Yes, I will!!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #69  
Staying the Same

OH GOSH YOU GUYS, I weighed in at 124.4 this morning. Second lowest WI of my life and to be honest, the scale I was using in Japan weighs me lighter than mine now. Which means I'm the thinnest I've ever been. So many feelings!

Some friends are organizing a camping/mountain hiking weekend in the Adirondacks this coming weekend. Sunday I have to meet my friend for lunch and get fitted/pick out bridesmaid dresses for her wedding IN JUNE 2013. I don't know what the heck size I'm gonna be then. And I'll surely be bloated to all h-e-double-hockey-sticks after the hike and subsequent feasting. We are planning on doing Algonquin, which is the second highest of the 46 High Peaks...I hope I can keep up and not be that loser who holds the group back.

Alexistrophic 5 pounds after drinking and eating is not 5 pounds of perma-fat. You WILL do what you set out to do! Deadlines can be moved but healthy habits are forever.

JossFit OMG that workout would make me cry into a pool of my own puke. You are going to be just fine for your wedding! I am kind of IF-ing, but I am not a morning eater and I always exercise between 5-6:30 PM so I find eating an hour or two before then gives me plenty of energy. Question: did you ever have to do crazy hazing stuff when you were training? I know the Marines are big on making recruits drink 2 gallons of water and then run sprints --> getting horribly sick.

TurboMammoth Thanks! I had some black beans last night for dinner - I'm sorry you weren't able to find what you needed for the brownies and had failbrowneis. Better luck next time. Who is playing at the music festival?

DottieMae Balancing life and maintaining a caloric deficit for weight loss is so perilous and fragile, most especially when you're a featherweight who doesn't "need" to lose weight. I find most of the "oh come you can have one" pressure comes from other healthy-weight people, not from those who have a lot to lose themselves!

crazygurl61 Beat that bloat. TOM is dumb.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #70  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

hahaha, thanks for the support guys. I'm on the prune juice and it's em.. helping a little. I'll stick around the house today just in case

krampus You guys look super cute! And your bf looks kind of familiar.. probably just looks kind of like someone I know. Can't place it. Weird! - CONGRATS on 124, that's awesome! So happy for you.

Alexistrophic You can do it! You didn't ruin anything, it's just a minor setback with some water weight.. I know it's frustrating as **** though. Do what you said and you'll be whooshing back to the 140s in no time.

Joss Sounds like you're doing great! Also I had to laugh because I'm here reading about your workout while laying down on my couch/bed where I've been for most of the day haha, I'm such a slob. So way to go!

Turbo Mm chickpea curry! My boyfriend also hates chickpeas. Non meat protein seems to make him ill. Love the photos too, looks beautiful and you guys are very cute!

crazygurl I know the feeling!!!! aghhh bloat.

pixelllate haha, I think you're right about stressing and poo alright. Hmm.. now to relax!

So I picked up some prune juice yesterday and then found out my boyfriend's family were coming over and I cooked dinner for everyone. I got really worried that the prune juice would kick in when they got here like some dodgy movie. It didn't. PHEW!

Ok I've gotta stop talking about my poop for a while!

Trying to eat ok today. Over ate a lot at the weekend and haven't done great since I got home on Monday. Bf's mother brought lots of icecream and biscuits last night and we ate quite a bit.. agh, hard to resist. Gave one box of biscuits to my neighbour's children. They came into my house and ate some and did that typical child thing of getting chocolate all over their faces and crumbs all over the table. Kids are like crazy drunk binge eating maniacs.

Feeling fatter than ever today so hoping that passes soon.. bleh. Haven't left the house all day. Not because of that, just tired mostly. As I said above, laying on my couch bed. Yay.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #71  

Jossfit : I'm basically exausted just reading about your workout, girl! LOL You seem to do just fine right now. P.S. I just youtube-ed what's a handstand pushup... OMFG!!! That's all I have to say!!

Alexis : Simple but good plan you can do this!

krampus : 124's!!!! OH YEahhH!!! Isn't it a bit early to bridemaids dress shop? I red about the Algonquin, it seems a awesome hike. On who's playing at the music festival, it's mainly smaller group mostly known around here (for exemple, tonight it's them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwrG9Mvls0 , it's the 4th time I'll be seeing them in show, there's an elvis presley theme thingy later this week and on saturday Our Lady Peace is playing- I'm gonna feel in the 90's all over again ahahah!

LeilaJey : OMG I think I would have panicked all night long with the people over and prune juice combo LOL ''Kids are like crazy drunk binge eating maniacs.'' = I'm at my library facutly right now and I litteraly laughed out loud, I now have people giving me nasty look, I hope you,re happy! ahahahah!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #72  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm delighted hahaha
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #73  
Staying the Same

125.4 this morning. Had beer and wings yesterday but stayed within a reasonable calorie amount. I feel incredibly hung over from two drinks. Sighhhh.

I was yogging yesterday after work and I went too soon after eating and I don't think I'd eaten enough. 2 miles felt like 20.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #74  

Height: 5'4

Work work work and nothing fun to report today Feathers! I'm trying to keep busy because I feel extra hungry today. I want to EAT THE WORLD. THE WORLD I tell you! Ugh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Krampus - You said your run was extra difficult yesterday and you have a decent hangover from only 2 drinks... are you hydrated enough? In any case, make sure you're drinking up lots of water today, and maybe even add in some Propel Zero or some coconut water. Don't start flirting with 125... stay there for a couple of days at least girl! You've worked so hard to get there!
The hike this weekend sounds fun! I think I'm going to go out to a place nearby with a couple of friends and do a little hiking this weekend too. No place fancy, but it will get the job done.
I agree that it seems like a long way out to be getting bridesmaid dresses, but for whatever reason the wedding industry makes women crazy and we all think we need to get things done 7 years ahead of time. I got my dress last September, and even though my weight is only like 5 pounds different the dress fit ENTIRELY differently. Whatever you guys go with, I hope the bride keeps in mind that alterations may have to happen.

Turbo - Yeah, I feel like I'm doing okay, but I guess I'll see what happens on Saturday when it's time to check my weight and measurements again. I'm more concerned about losing more weight than I am gaining it. If anything, I'll just have to have some extra big meals for a couple of days.

Leila - Don't feel like a slob... my workouts are about the ONLY active thing I do all day so I have to push myself pretty hard. The rest of my day is spent sitting at my desk at work, or on the couch at home.
Are you feeling any better? Getting back on plan?

Alexis - You're right, it was TWO days... you'll be back to 145 in no time, and you know exactly what you need to do to get there. Isn't that the hardest part? How many threads to we see with people asking "What do I do..." or some variation of that? A ton right? Well I am happy in the knowledge that I know what to do, it's just a matter of doing it and thats actually the easy part!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #75  

krampus : bad workouts always sucks but wings, yumm!!

jossfit : aww, EAT ALL THE WORLD days are so struggeling! hold on! you can do that!

I woke up this morning after sleeping for 6 hours at 136.4 (good direction, yay!) but totally hungover-like feeling, a bit like you krampus, but even worse, without having ANY beer the day before. When the bf first got up this morning, I was moaning in the bed blaming myself for not being able to control my beer intake until i realized ''huh, i had no beer last night'' I was dehydrated through the day yesterday though.

the show last night was AWESOME and I danced for 1h30. The band is from the town, so it was a big ''coming home'' party with a lot of other singers and people joining them (bran van 2000 guys for exemple) we don't know if we are going back tonight for the Elvis Presley tribute thingy, we'll see how we feel.

I also discovered that there is a Beaver Tail stand (donut dough fried in the shape of a long pancake and covered with the most wonderful thing in the world, for exemple banana and chocolat of maple suryp spread) on the festival site and I am freacking out. I already planned to have one saturday LOL