JUNE Feathers Chat

You're on Page 5 of 16
Go to
  • Clocked in at 128.4lbs this morning, woohoo! Ever notice that weight you put on really fast tends to come off fast too?

As hard as it was to get on the scale again last week and admit that I gained weight, I'm so glad I got back in the saddle now instead of waiting until nothing fit and I was back to 150+lbs.

---

tonimaroni2 - I hope you see a whoosh soon, you may just be plateauing? I know it's frustrating. I've heard great things about bodybugg, but I've never had the pleasure of trying it out myself.

krampus- 126 is AWESOME!!! Congrats! Haha, my first thought upon waking this morning was "Oh please let me need to poop" and then I laughed and thought of this thread. You are KILLING it, and I hope the karaoke was fun!

JossFit - Glad to hear how well you're maintaining! Thanks for the tip, I really am going to look for that tea. It's a legit stressor of mine that I won't go before a weigh in day. After the alterations I'm sure your wedding dress is going to look incredible! I would love pictures from your wedding.

TurboMammoth - YAY skinny days! 10k after work, sheesh, that's great. Makes me feel so lazy with my daily 1 mile walk with the dog. Your salad sounds delicious!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and an OP weekend!
  • 126.5 this morning.

I'm still drunk.

Karaoke was a blast though, they had "Caught A Lite Sneeze" by Tori Amos which is RARE and one of my FAVORITE songs so I had to do it. I had two pints of 8% "Milk Stout" beer which knocked me on my head, as well as some ice cream when I got home after midnight...however I did lift and eat very healthy and moderate portions of all "approved" food during the day. BF and a couple friends made broiled wild salmon, red dill potatoes, spinach/walnut salad and asparagus for dinner.

Dorian5 Yay for nipping regain in the bud. It sounds like you're feeling way better already!

TurboMammoth What's your recipe for raspberry dressing? Hope you had a great run after work!

JossFit You're a spokesperson for awesome maintenance and a role model to everyone! How many calories do you maintain on, typically?
  • Dorian : Hey, do not laugh about pooping, it is a really important matter! I'M so used to talk about pooping before weigh in all the time now with the boyfriend that when I'm not with him, I don't realize it and start talking about that with other people that is ''...why...you telling me.. THAT''. Congrats on the 128.4! No more 129!

Krampus : I LOVED the ''I'm still drunk'' I litteraly laughed at loud at my desk. Tori Amos is sure a winner for karaoke! For de dressing I mashed fresh raspberries, threw in a bit of balsamic vinager (I had too much though, be nice and taste a lot), olive oil, salt and a bit of water in the end to make it more liquid. By itselft it was okay, but it could need more work.. Although the pine nuts, feta and turkey totally saved it, they mixed really well.

Yo! It is fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I weighed in at 132.2 lbs this morning... YAY! I guess pooping my life for the last 3 days (I kinda ate tons of beans at the beginning of the week...) and my run from last night kinda helped. it's a 1 pounds lost from last week. I honestly still don't know where I want to stop but oh well. I'll see when I get there. The boyfriend told me that I shouldn't lose too much more though. Like I know that, but I still hate my thighs so, so, so bad. He told me to start doing some weight training for them. Blah.

I was also supposed to go biking this mornign but I ditched that. My legs were still a bit sore from the 10k from last night and I need to run 19k for my last long run training this weekend. I'll save my legs for there.

Plan for the weekend : DO NOT MESS UP WITH THE SALTY FOOD LIKE EVERY OTHER WEEKENDS!
  • Jossfit - enjoy your mini vacation!! I would just love to have your upcoming weekend.... that kind of thing would put me back into the right mind frame.

Krampus That sounds like so much fun! .... except I hate waking up drunk because I know I'll feel like death later in the day!

Dorian Good work on your losses - at this rate you'll be back to goal in no time.

TurboMammoth Your bean story made me laugh. When there are beans being served my BF always asks me if he can have some, because he knows I'm the one who has to suffer the consequences! LOL

146.2 for me this morning, not happy about it. I did some interval work on my treadmill again yesterday - not for too long but worked up a good sweat and I really want this to be a habit, rather than something I only do a couple times a week, so I'm taking it easy so I don't burn myself out. My obliques and inner thighs are sore from this, which is great because those are my most disgusting areas.
  • Just claiming my place in here. Sorry no personals.

Tonight, am hoping to catch a community (i.e. cheaper) yoga class, then go bowling tonight. Playing a concert tomorrow, then have a friend's baby shower on Sunday.

Stay strong, everyone!
  • Hey! Do you guys mind if I join? I think you're the most talkative group around and I have a lot of **** to say

Dorian It's awesome that you got back on the wagon now, seriously way to go! I waited a little longer.. a few cakes longer..

Krampus LOL! Karaoke is the best, I'm sure you nailed it. Last time I did Karaoke I was in another country (can't remember which one).. somewhere in Eastern Europe anyway, didn't know the song or the language.. it was pretty amazing. I'm so glad I have no shame. I don't know what milk stout is but I know how I feel after 8% so I'm not surprised you're still drunk!

TurboMammoth Hah! I really laughed out loud.. that's quite some pooping. What's that old rhyme? Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. (ahh google, you beast) Good luck avoiding the sweet sweet salt.. I'm going try try also but I don't think I'm commited enough. Have fun!

tonimaroni I know the feeling! I seem to work my way up to doing more exercise and then work my way down again.. need to make it a proper habit. At least you did that yesterday though, who knew sweating could make you feel so good, right?

Alexistrophic Have fun! What kind of music do you play?

---

I had a brief stint in the 140s there and then I started taking a probiotic and I became a heavily pregnant woman over night. I kept drinking water thinking it would help but I just wasn't peeing very much.. I felt like I was going to explode - Alien style. I didn't but I'm still 150.6 today.. nooo.

It's pissing rain outside and my cat just came in, of course she wants to be affectionate when it's raining. How thoughtful of her.

Gonna be hard to not over eat this weekend. Going to be at an ethnic food place and there's Japanese, Brazilian, African (etc etc etc!) treats.. last time I had some amazing Japanese dumpling thing with vegetables inside and then some pineapple cake.. oh and some orange cake. Man I like cake a lot.
  • 4 1/2 hours left at work, eughhhhhhhhhhh!

LeilaJay I always liked you a lot, please post here all the time! Good luck evading the cake, I'm a big proponent of "somewhat attempt to diet M-F, relax on the weekends" which is probably "bad" by someone's standards. The first time I did karaoke I was in small-town Wales singing "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun!

Alexistrophic Busy weekend ahead for you! Have fun!

Tonimaroni Ughhh yes I feel pretty rotten now, hope lunch will fix me.

TurboMammoth Wow you tiny little thing! What's wrong with your thighs? Aren't they all jacked from all the running?
  • Hello Everyone! Don't have time for personals, planning to do so this weekend. Right now I need to blab and vent before my 10 am meeting.

I'm in meetings this morning, classroom after lunch and teaching a violin lesson at 4- then I get to start my weekend! Whohoo.

Someone asked what type of EBay business I do- I sell new
    and "pre-loved" shoes and clothes. I shop sales and thrift stores to find my bargains. It's a fun part time thing that keeps me from bored
    eating.

My interview yesterday went well- I will find out Monday if I get the job.

My body is not happy with me. One day of a gluten eating turned into a few. I have a allergy/sensitivity to it. I am bloated and the scale is up. I know it's better for me to stay gluten free, but the medication I am
    taking for my sprain and the Vicodin was making me ill and I could barely find anything that made me not want to barf everywhere. Ick!!!

I have been counting everything and staying within or under my calories all week so I know that what's up on the scale is not fat but it is still discouraging.

I am committing to shopping and planning so that I can be on plan and prepared on Monday to go back to gluten free. I will keep counting calories.

I am going to try to take as little medication as possible so that I can get rid of this bloat. Watch, by the time I get rid of it, it will be time for TOM.

Ahh rough week. One more week of work and then summer!!!
  • I got home from work and happened to walk by the white board where I post my Friday weigh ins. My boyfriend weighed himself this morning and wrote down his weight - he's lost 2 pounds since last week. Proud of him!
  • Awesome, way to go Dorian5's boyfriend!

I was 126.0 this morning, and 122 on my boyfriend's scale. Assuming the analog scale I used in Japan was the same as his, this would make me the lightest I've ever been post-puberty.
  • tonimaroni : love the fact that your bf ask for your permission to have bean! so cute!!! if you're sore, the muscles might be retaining water... scale sucks from time to time!

alexis : good luck for your concert tomorrow! sounds like you have a busy weekend planned aheahd!

leilajay : welcome girl!! woah you made my day with the beans rythm ahahahahah! and cats are so lovely, aren't day ^^

krampus : to answer your question about my run and why I don,t have the most amazing legs EVER, I don't knooooow. My calves are getting really nice, but the tighs are still a bit blah.

crazygurl : nice move on getting back to planning and gthe gluten free. you probably gonna feel much better after that.. specially the gluten free part!

dorian : your boyfriend did not entirelly gave up after all! good for you!

yo feathers! I was 133.4 this morning, which is totally fine with me, as long as I don't have to deal with 4 pounds of water weight like every weekend. The most challenging part is coming tonight, we're eating out with friends, I'll try to behave!

I went bathing suit shopping last night because the one I had was starting to get a bit to big from the bottom after losing and I have a freaking tricky body to dressed. Medium botton, large soft and not firm at all boobs... ended up buying a over the top expensive bathing suit (well, my visa card bought one).

Have a good weekend! There is like an out of the blue parade in my street right now. no idea WHY they are having that. But hey, people in my street are drinking beer at 10:49 AM watching that on their yards. Gotta join them, you now, neiborghood spirit!
  • Krampus -- 126!! that is EXCELLENT! Great work!

Quick check in, I have been craving chocolate all day, I nearly chowed down on one of those swiss chocolate bars the boyfriend brought home. Instead I marched myself outside and mowed the lawn.

We just got back from the frozen custard place, I had a child's cake cone of chocolate malt that didn't even bring me to 300 calories, which is how much I burned pushing the lawn mower. Sweet.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!!
  • Ugh still at 136.2...counting calories but not getting anywhere. Damn gluten
  • Hey feathers!

Well, I am now on strick orders (from my boyfriend and my now injured but usually super runner and fit friend) to eat more and increase my calories intake. I kinda... well not kinda, I fainted yesterday afternoon.

I came out of really NO-FREAKIN-WHERE. I ate my usual breakfast yesterday morning and some chick peas salad and a yogurt for lunch. We than headed for a 1 hour drive to our friends place to hang out with them. I was really totally fine. When we got there, the guys when downstairs so the guy could show up his new ps3 settings to my bf while I was chatting with my girl upstairs. We were chatting for about 15 minuets when I started to feel weird and I started to look for a chair. The boys came up and I was trying to focus (i was having trouble to see at this point) and I even had time to argue with my boyfriend.

-What's wrong?
    -I think I'm doing some sugar hypo
    -A sugar hypo???!
    -Well, yeah, a sugar HYPO!

And than I blacked out and woke up on the ground, with everyone panicking around me, trying to get orange juice and chocolat and stuff. They said I hit a wall (I even left a trace there with my shoulder) and even if my neck is a bit stiff today, I did not hurt myself falling down.

Everybody played doctors for the day, trying to say what happened and everything. We ruled out diabetes related sugar issues (I had blood test a few months ago and a insulin resistance test and I rocked it). The 2 hypothesis we ended up with was maybe hypoglycemia of glucose maybe because I'm not eating enough with all the running I do, or some anemia (we really lowered our red meat eating and we did not eat that much of green veggies, my boyfriend don't like them so much).

Anyways. They fed me sugar all afternoon long and I was forced to have a huge steak on the BBQ for dinner. I'm feeling better today, but I'm jsut scared it could happened again. Like, it came so out of the blue, could it happen again while I'm driving? Alone at home? Running by myself at the other end of the world?

Blah. That sucks.

So. Officially in maintaining mode. For now at least. I'll increase my muscles stuff to work on the part of the body I'm still not totally happy with.

How you're all doing good xxx

P.S. Isn't great that even on the edge of fainting, I'm able to use the remaining of my conscience to argue with the boyfriend? That was kinda awesome LOL
  • TurboMammoth That is SCARY. Take care!!! I wonder what caused the fainting? Did you not "refeed" after long training runs? Either way it's really lucky your friends and boyfriend were there to take care of you when it happened. I hope it won't again!

Dorian5 Well done on resisting chocolate bars. They really aren't ever the answer.

crazygurl61 Hang in there! Gluten is in almost everything, it's so hard to avoid.

I feel disgusting this morning. I grossly overate junk food yesterday...started off innocently enough, had some chocolate for dessert after dinner, but then that spiraled into too much chocolate + half a pound of cherries + chips and cheetos and Doritos and cheese dip and horrid chocolate milk-wine and beer and 51% bourbon whiskey at my friend's birthday. I had such an awful stomachache all night and woke up with one, too. Scale is only up to 127.5 but still, shouldn't be putting on a pound and a half of bloat-weight overnight ever.

Now I'm sitting in my workout clothes trying to get myself together to go hit some trails with my boyfriend. He wants to run them but I will probably sh!t myself or barf if I exert myself that much. Yuck! At least I know I'm going to Cracker Barrel for dinner and will be doing my usual Sunday one-big-meal-for-the-whole-day.

Also, yesterday I weighed myself after the gym and saw 125.0 - it's in sight!