JUNE Feathers Chat

You're on Page 2 of 16
Go to
  • Hi Dreamer- welcome! It's always good to get out and get moving. This forum, especially the daily weigh in thread, have really helped keep me accountable. Hope to see ou around here often!
  • Thank you, Krampus, Joss, Crazygurl for your warm welcome! I'm actually Canadian, but fell in love with Munich 5 years ago so I decided to move here, learn the language, study, and work.

Dreamer - Back when I was still studying, the start of the semester was always the most motivating to shed some pounds. Good luck with your quest!

Today was a disgusting junk food day consisting of fries for lunch, and gyros and fries for dinner. Chocolate was also involved. Sigh. Let's hope the month gets better.
  • Dorian5-Don't feel bad, I once gained around at least 40 lbs in a summer! People feel bummed about a 5 lb loss a month, so a 5 lb gain isn't all that bizarre.

krampus-your food posts always get me so hungry! haha mmm vietnamese, I love love love banh xeo

turbomammoth - congrats on the woosh!! Glad that you avoided an accident with a deer!

jossfit-I bought these teeny yoga shorts from VS, I change into them in the gym (too nervous to wear them just walking around they are so tiny). It feels nice, but strange at the same time-and I can't stop checking myself out hahaha

crazygurl61-that's great that your husband is so dedicated to the weight loss! jossfit and crazygurl61-the funny thing is, where I am, even a 50 lb loss is a huge deal, but I always feel like my loss/ultimate goals are smallish in comparison to the huge weight loss that people have experienced!

ednussbutter-it will get better! but on a side note, gyros are indeed delish :P

Strange NSV everyone - I'm someone's goal body! Its funny because I was feeling a tad down - I tried on bikinis at some stores (not ready yet! or at least my thighs aren't haha) and someone I know IRL is freaking out because she is at her unhappy weight (mine). its no big but doesn't feel great either ya kno?
    I was trying on a bra at VS and the sales associate there saw me and said that she wanted to look like that and the other SA said "you'll get there." Right before I left I decided to say it out loud for the first time - I told her how much I lost, because I thought it would be encouraging and I think it was! I felt pretty awesome because she's probably seen so many girls in and out of that store! haha
  • Thank you for the welcome crazygurl and Erdnussbutter.

pixelllate, it's always a good thing when you have positive comments like that to you! You should be proud of yourself for your loss. I'm sure you're well on your way for that bikini body! I'm aiming for my bikini body for the possible holiday to Spain in August.

Today is another miserable day in Ireland. Very wet and windy out. I'm worrying about not getting out to exercise again today! I did skipping last night in my living room, might just have to do it again today. Decided today was a lazy day filled with movies. Normally my movie days are filled with junk and fast food but when I weighed in this morning I had lost a pound. It's the first one since actually watching what I'm eating closely. So I don't want to see that creeping up tomorrow. So, I'm going to stick to my diet and enjoy my movies for the afternoon/evening.
  • Agh 130.0 this morning (after breakfast and coffee). Wrong direction. I am starting to feel like I'm struggling just a little bit with eating too much - not binging - just slightly overeating. Tonight my parents are going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Just rounding out a whole week of eating out constantly in celebration of my new roommate moving to town. She starts work next week (working at Dinosaur BBQ which is notorious for ribs, pulled pork and mac & cheese...oof) so I'm secretly excited about being able to eat healthier.
  • Hi Krampus-looks like you are aware so you should be able to get back to the 120's sooner! I was ultimatley responsible for my biggest gain in college up to 175 lbs but it was the influence on my roommate which aided in my unhealthy habits- eating out 3x a day, pizza, fried food...etc. I was always relieved when she was gone so I could eat healthy.

Pixel- what great motivation! I've always dreamed of having that opportunity.

Dreamer- hope you enjoyed your movie!

Erdnussbutter- glad to see you in here. Hope you're having a great month so far.

Ugh today has been bad food wise. Someone at church said I was skinny and now that I'm in the 134's I feel scared I will sabatoge myself. I did today...

My arm hurts and my medication is making me sick to my stomach. I had a single serving of Jif and then i went to Mcdonalds. Yuck-I had 7 mcnuggets and half a thing of fries. Then I threw the rest away. Fasting the rest of the day. Feel crappy...
  • krampus, good luck at getting back into your eating healthy! I'm finding now I can refuse unhealthy foods. My mum was cooking a fry this morning which consists of sausages, bacon, eggs, pudding, onions, hash browns (I'd only eat the sausages and bacon now because I don't eat any of the others) and I was able to say no to it! And even when I smelt it cooking, didn't want it. I have to say I'm enjoying eating better the last few days.

I hope you feel better tomorrow crazygurl! What happened to your arm, if you don't mind me asking?

Was able to get out for my walk! Although it was very windy. I went at the right time too. Just as I was reaching my house, it was starting to rain again. And now I'm continuing on with my movie day! I did go to the shop and buy a chocolate bar though. But it meant my calorie count was just 5 above my daily allowance. Can't make that much of a difference. Well, I am hoping.
  • Crazygurl61 - I feel ya, and I think a lot of us have been there. "I've lost weight... I only weigh XXX pounds now... I deserve a reward... I can slack off a bit... " yada yada yada. I've started to think about it a different way though; WHY does it have to be self-sabotage? People overeat sometimes. It's normal to eat for hunger, for pleasure, and for emotional reasons. Humans do that, and it's okay. As long as you're able to get back on track what damage was really done? You ate some McD's and thats okay. You realized you didn't have a taste for it, but even if you had eaten it all and enjoyed every bite that would have been okay too.

Krampus - Well, you know what you have to do if you want to reverse the upward trend... just tighten things up a bit and those few pounds will come off lickety split! The important thing is that you've shown you can enjoy your life, go out and be social and still maintain your healthy lifestyle overall. (Now don't prove me wrong!)

Dreamer2012 - Those rainy movie marathon days are the perfect storm for an overindulgent day of eating, so good on you for sticking to your plan!

Pixelllate - I know exactly what you mean! This was the first time that I put them on, left the house, did my thing, and returned in the teeny shorts! Whoot! It won't be the last either... haha

And to everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome!

Today I was going a bit stir crazy at home, so I went out and got my car detailed and walked around the mall a bit. I didn't end up buying anything... I guess I wasn't really in a shopping mood, but I felt lazy just sitting around at home after I got back from the gym. I'm on R&R right now, and my fiance lives in another state (as does my BFF), roommate is out of town... so I've been pretty much on my own this week and mostly loving it! LOL Its nice to come home (I am in the military and was on a deployment until this past monday) and just relax.
    This coming weekend I'm off for my BFFs wedding reception and my fiance will be there, so it's going to be a great couple of days! I've already planned them out as my rest/treat days and have no guilt about that. I'll just get right back on track and make sure things are lookin as they should for my wedding next month!

Anyway, now I'm rambling... Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • So many posts!!

Erdnussbutter : junk days happened Don't focus on that day, put it behind you and focus on what's next!

pixelllate : what a cool NSV! That is great, with a few pounds to lose, I feel we often get frequently into negative stuff ''i can't figure out how to lose those last pounds'' but things like that help us realize we actually come from so far... good for you :-D

dreamer : movie marathon crappy days are so niiice. hope you enjoyed it!

krampus : I so feel you on enjoying to going back to healthy stuff. when I overeat for a weekend, i find myself craving some light and healthy stuff the next monday! oh and btw, I inspired myself from your roomate casserole and put toghether killing chicken, sweet potato and black beans quesedillas tonight. yummy

crazygurl : don,t beat you too hard for mcdo! it happens! focus on what next and not on what's in the past

jossfit : you are getting married next month?? woaaaaaah! are you moving in with you fiance or he is?

the boyfriend left this morning for winnipeg for 3 days and last night, he got to pick what we were eating for dinner. after just getting rid of tons of water weight, he picked burgers and nachos. d*amn lol

at least everything was home made, but there was still a lot of salt in the organic corn chips I bought for the nachos. Plus I overate. But we skipped dessert and it was so good (bison burger... YUMMY). I'm just so freakin sensitive to salt, that's incredible. I don't care much. I enjoyed it, it,s all that count.

So he left this morning, I had to kicked myselft outside (chilly and rainy) to get done with my 18k training this morning. Went pretty well, a collegue join me for part of it. I spent the rest of the days cleaning a bit and sleeping on the couch with the cat cuddling with me. ;-)
  • Happy June everyone!
    jossfit congratulations on your upcoming wedding! you're going to be a beautiful bride! and i completely understand what you mean about the weight loss forums. i've never been obese. for most of my life i've had a healthy bmi, i've just been on the upper end of that scale. sometimes i feel bad talking about my extra 15 pounds when some women are struggling to lose over one hundred! but you're right - their perspectives are really inspiring.
    krampus i've also been struggling with overeating! haven't binged on anything in a while (one week is a while for me these days) but every day this week i've ended up eating 1800-2000 calories. not bad, but it's not the 1200 that i'm shooting for and it's not the right kind of calories. i might not gain weight eating this way, but i certainly won't see any results.

i'm tired of going to bed every night feeling guilty or disappointed in myself. i'm going to try to do everything in my power to avoid this feeling - i've had it pretty much every night for months now. so that means eating healthy and exercising! my goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of june. it's going to be tough, but i feel like i really need to challenge myself so i can get more focused. on friday night i'm flying in to england to study abroad for six weeks! i'm going to have absolutely no money while i'm there, which will hopefully be a good deterrent from binging, lol!
  • Bleh, bad eating this weekend. I expected it on Saturday (boyfriend and I's anniversary) but it continued on Sunday and ended last night with a container of General Tso's takeout with fried rice. Crap.

BUT I did go grocery shopping yesterday and we have a TON of healthy meals planned this week, I'm pretty excited.

I managed to make my nephew's birthday cake without nibbling cake or licking frosting or anything! Woohoo.

The walk around the zoo was EXHAUSTING but it was so much fun! We had a great time.

---
    Alexistrophic -- WOW, thank you, I didn't know I was an inspiration to anyone! I don't feel very inspiring right now, haha. But hopefully I can get back to a happy place -- thanks for the kind words. I think June is going to be a good month for us!!

Krampus -- Once things get back to normal I'm sure you'll find your routine again and find yourself in the 120s. I have heard amazing things about Dinosaur BBQ, yum!

pixelllate -- Thanks for the words of encouragement. That was such a sweet story, I'm glad you told the VS employee about your weight loss, I'm sure that inspired her!!

TurboMammoth - I made that salmon on Friday -- boyfriend loved it, and so did I! It will be in the rotation from now on -- thanks! Bison burgers and nachos sound INCREDIBLE, haha.

magsabags - I can relate all to well to the feeling of disappointment you describe, and I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I'm also trying to get to a mini-goal by the end of June, and I think a lot of the other feather girls are as well -- maybe a challenge thread is in order? Going to England sounds amazing!!
  • Ate well yesterday, calories were under 1500, bought these sneakers

and tried them out for a 2.5 mile bike path run - they feel GREAT! I kept an average pace of 6.5 mph, which is faster than usual for me.

This morning I weighed in at 127.0 lbs on my scale and 123 on my boyfriend's scale. I use my scale as the "official" weight.

Dorian5 You've heard of Dino BBQ in NC? That's good PR! General Tso's is a one-way street, but it sounds like you've turned yourself around and have a nice week ahead. Congrats on your anniversary, too!

magsabags It's weird how "eating a few hundred calories more than you intended to" feels so wrong or shameful. We gotta remember the big picture. 10 pounds in a month as a featherweight is a big leap!

TurboMammoth I'm salt sensitive too. Bison burger sounds really good, as long as the meat isn't too dry. Way to go with your commitment to training, running in the rain!

JossFit You're going to be a stunning bride on your wedding day. What kind of dress will you wear?

Dreamer 5 calories is nothing - it's like walking up ten steps or something equally tiny. Eating well just feels better than eating greasy food.

crazygurl Are you feeling better yet?

pixellate You've lost so much! How much do you weigh, anyway? It is nice when people compliment your figure, such a great NSV.

Erdnussbutter One day of junk doesn't mean all your efforts are destroyed. That's really cool that you made your dream of living in Munich come true. It's easier for Canadians to move to EU countries than American citizens...sad truth!
  • Hey Featherweight's, I'm going to join you! The feathers trying to get out of the 140's thread closed and I'd rather join this one than start a new one. I feel like I know most of you anyways from lurking! lol

krampus - I bought almost the exact same pair on Friday!! So comfy... I loved them for about 12 hours on my bedroom floor and then took them back and exchanged them for $85 worth of clothes at WetSeal. FAIL.
  • UGH!! SABOTAGE!

My boyfriend's boss just came back from Switzerland. My boyfriend sent me a picture of what he put on my boyfriend's desk this morning:

F&%K! that crap is going to be sitting in my house, being completely ignored by my sweets-hating boyfriend.

The bottle is HOMEMADE limoncello that his boss's wife made for me, she asked me a few months ago if I liked limoncello and said she would love to make me a bottle.

I'm totally screwed.
  • Oh, jeez. I want that!

Are you bad with eating ALL THE SWEETS in one sitting? Can you ask your boyfriend to only bring home a controlled amount at a time from work? Sometimes I make my guy put candy where I can't reach it if I'm feeling weak willed.