JUNE Feathers Chat

You're on Page 13 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: My weigh in today was 126.8lbs, yay!
    Yay indeed! Great job!
  • Hi Everyone-just a quick update- there is no scale anywhere! I am trying to count calories as best I can...I'm freaking a little about it but enjoying my time.
  • Quote: Alexis, have you tried any of Victoria's Secret's bronzing products? http://www.victoriassecret.com/beaut...s-and-bronzers

I have tried a lot of different things over the years, but these I LOVE. I use the lotion for a base tan, and then before I go out or do a photo shoot (or whatever the event is) I give myself a light misting with the bronzing spray. It looks great, it smells great, and it's so user-friendly. Give them a try!
    Ooooh, thanks for this recommendation! I haven't tried that many at all, mostly because I can't stand the idea of buying something that turns out crap. I'll have to check them out next time I'm in a mall...

Quote: Hi Everyone-just a quick update- there is no scale anywhere! I am trying to count calories as best I can...I'm freaking a little about it but enjoying my time.
    Take a deep breath and enjoy yourself! Sounds like you're keeping pretty active and being mindful of what you eat. You never know, lots of people end up losing weight on vacation. As long as your pants are still zipping, you're probably fine.
  • Girls, there's too much to catch up on after just a day and a half. I am forsaking the personals AGAIN. Hihi. Thanks for all your encouragement though, love it!

Scale moved from 134.4 to 134. Finally. My birthday is in 5 weeks and I'd really be happy if by then I would be at 125. I dunno if it's a realistic goal, but I'd be just as happy with 128 orso. Solidly under 130s before I turn 27, puhlease? lol
  • My weigh ins for the past few days 150.4 - 148.4 - 147.6 - yaaaay!

Just popping in quick to say hi! Will catch up with personals soon. Have a great weekend everyone xo
  • Good morning... just popping in for a quick update; weekly weigh in was this morning and you all KNOW how much I've been hoping to get some of that vacation weight off!

I'm down 2.2 pounds since last week. Success! I'm still 1.2 pounds up, but I am not worried about getting it off before my next dress fitting. I still have 2 weeks!
  • JossFit : thanx for the advices on multivitamin. I'll get a bottle of them next time I'm going for the grocery and stuff. And awesome about your loss!!! You must feel releived

krampus : Rock that Mermaid parade. Let the sparkles out!!

Tonimaroni : Good luck for your 5k Give us updates about it!

Dorian : Good luck at your McDonald breakfast.. I know I would not be able to go for only a parfait. I love the little potato patties stuff LOL

Alexis : Your sweet words really touch me *hug* It's probably normal to have some fallback after a huge loss... it is still frustrating, but I've seen worst! I get your feeling about the farmer line. I'm tanning with my running short right now and my tigh are so unpretty LOL

crazygurl : do the best you can and don't stress yourself too much!

philana : 9 pounds in 5 weeks seems a bit a lot to me, no? good luck with it annyway, keep going!

Leilajey : you're on freakin fire! awesome loss!!

It's a 3 days weekend here, National day of Québec, so we are off on Monday. YAY!

I did my LAST long run of 11k this morning for my training this morning, so I can take it easy for the remaining of the weekend. It was hot and humid, but I was fast and it felt great. The half marathon is in exactly 1 week. I am FREAKIN excited!!!

We are heading to my boyfriend mom's chalet for the night,about 3 hours away to meet up with his family. Just hope I'll be able to make good food choices.

Have a good weekend endl ladies!
  • Actually not going out today after all, so will catch up!

Philana It's a pretty sexy poncho alright It's not actually my bike, I borrowed it from my neighbour who has arthritis. I guess it's a typical semi-mountain bike.. general bike? haha, I don't know anything about bikes.. is it showing? My friend got an awesome retro racing bike and I tried it and freaked out because the handlebars were so small and I didn't put my hands beside the brakes! That pig picture is soo cute!

Dottie Agh, I know the feeling! I'm having a horrible break out too. I was coming up with all sorts of concoctions to try and get rid of them. They helped a bit but I picked up some Burts Bees blemish stuff and that's helping a lot without drying out my skin. I'd recommend it! Feel better.

krampus How's your back? Have a great time in NYC! I'm very jealous of that hot weather you're mentioning. It was literally warmer on Christmas day than it was last week. Depressing! Oh also I'm a white person who doesn't tan lol, it's funny because in other cultures like India they try to lighten their skin.

Joss Yay! 2.2lbs is amazing, that must be a real weight (literally) off

crazygurl Enjoy and try not to stress too much. Over here there's weighing/bmi machines in the shopping malls. Might be a bit weird but maybe there's something like that? Have fun!

Turbo Happy Quebec day! Lots of poutine or what? Good luck with the food, you can do it, you know you can congratulations on your last run too. Delighted for you, have a great weekend!

Sorry to everyone I missed, hope you're all doing great! It's hard to catch up after even a day! I'm sure you all know the feeling.

The weather's supposed to be changing tomorrow for a few days so I can't wait. Going to do a lot of cycling! Today it's raining and I'm soo tired, I don't know why but I feel really weak. I'm going to try and do some pushups and squats etc in a while, I feel all flabby.

Yesterday I managed to put on those Calvin Klein jeans size US6 (I found them in a second hand shop here).. which is a UK10. They're a little bit too tight to wear out comfortably but not bad at all. Which is weird, you know I thought that when I got to this size that'd be it. I didn't even think I'd get here before 140. It's weird. Looking at my body I can see I have a long way to go but it was definitely still a nice feeling. It's just that my legs are much bigger than everything else. I wear a 6/10 in dresses and tops already. Some tops fit perfect 4/8.. damn legs!
  • Philana - As you know, the smaller you get the harder it is and the longer it takes to lose those last few pounds. Losing 9 pounds in the next 5 weeks *might* be a lofty goal, but I think you could do it if you ate SUPER clean and worked your *** off. The question is, is it worth all that hard work? I'm sure you can lose a few pounds though, regardless. Congrats on getting down to that nice even 134!

Leila - That's just in the last 3 days? Whoot! Awesome! Haha, is it just me, or does it seem like we all gain and fall off the wagon at the same time and then start losing again at the same time?? Maybe it has something to do with the moon...

Turbo - Yeah, I do feel a little better... getting there. You're only one week out now?! That IS exciting!! I'm sure you'll do fantastic, and good luck making good choices... you can do it, but sometimes you just have to make some tough calls.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, I'm trying to keep myself distracted. I love the weekends because I'm not at work (obviously) but it can make things so hard diet-wise! I want so badly just to spend my time with my fiance doing things that NORMAL people do on weekends, but instead I spend most of them counting down until the next time I get to see him (26 days until we head to Las Vegas, and 28 days until our wedding!). Since my favorite person is not in town, and most social events revolve around drinking and/or food, I don't do a whole lot of socializing on the weekends anymore. Today I hit the gym, got groceries, did laundry, cleaned the house, planned next week's workouts/meals... all that fun stuff (yeah, I actually do enjoy doing that stuff - I feel accomplished) but now that it's all done I'm bored and kind of wanting to eat my face off (Not in a bath salts kind of way, in like a fatty mcfattypants kind of way).

Good thing it's time for my next meal anyway.
  • You guys are right - it is too much. I'll just go for as mcuh as I can and that's enough. Below 60kg is all I really want short-term, and that's only 2lbs more to go.

- edit: had a small woosh, am at 133 today!
  • Hi feathers! Well, I did just okay this weekend... probably averaged just a little more than maintenance. I actually ate quite a bit, but I walked a ton and mowed our lawn, so I think the exercise made up for it. I got oatmeal at McDonald's and a HUGE iced latte with nonfat milk and sugarfree syrup. They had to make it 3 times because they kept doing it wrong -- first it was hot latte instead of iced, then it was NOT nonfat or sugar free!! UGH! I am always afraid that they are giving me full fat milk or regular soda at restaurants so I ask 100 times to make sure they got it right.

I made some good food this weekend -- the beau requested artichokes a while ago, so Friday I made italian stuffed artichokes, white wine & garlic shrimp, and roasted tomatoes with pecorino romano. It was SO good! Last night was gumbo made with turkey smoked sausage and a TON of veggies, nice and spicy, YUM. Only 260 calories for a BIG bowl, so we made baguette to go on the side.

Tonight I'm making london broil, roasted red potato wedges and garlic sauteed spinach.

I quit smoking 2 years ago today! I think the beau and I are going to go out tomorrow and get beer, bar food and ice cream for the occasion, haha.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to do a few personals, but there are just SO many, I'm sorry if I miss anyone!

---

Alexistrophic - I go to Ulta (do you have one near you?) and I use their brand tanning wipes -- they are like babywipes except they tan you, I've found them to work GREAT and not have that yucky self-tanner smell. They are like the Tan Towels except not expensive.

JossFit - SWEET weigh in!! Rock on! You're doing great! I understand about the weekends -- I hate that socializing is so centered around eating food and drinking alcohol, it makes staying out track hard. The bath salts thing cracked me up.

crazygurl61 - Nice work staying on plan without a scale!

philana - Glad to hear the scale is going down for you! Nice whoosh!!!

LeilaJey - Nice downward weight trend trend, and congrats on the jeans!

TurboMammoth - I wish I was off today! Jealous. Hope the food choices were easy on you -- nice work on the epic run!!

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!
  • I'm really out of it today - but had a great weekend in NYC, I wore a bikini top and shorts around Coney Island and felt incredibly unfit yet not "fat" which is pretty okay. We ate a lot but not an obscene amount - I'm up 2 lbs since Friday which sucks and feel flabby after so long without lifting or running. Looking forward to hitting it today!
  • Hey ladies,
    Taking a quick break from work, sorry no time for personals! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Husband was out of town, so the weekend was me and the 5 year old. It was so hot we pretty much lived at the pool. (well, that and mini golf + batting cages, which are right next to the pool.) I also got the kid's bunkbed put together (well, almost damn you IKEA furniture!) I felt like that was my workout for Saturday. Lifting all those pieces, putting them together and carrying them up a flight of stairs + removing the old bed. Like some twisted Biggest Loser challenge - who can understand the IKEA instructions + carry the thing? haha.

Pretty stressed out with work + TOM should be arriving any day, so even though I was at 133.4 this am I feel fat. Just bloated. bleh. Going to Bikram tonight but I know I'll need to put about 2 hours in working after I come home. sigh. After this week things should be letting up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • I decided to change my avatar, and since I don't have any pictures of myself in my wedding dress yet, this little cartoon will have to do for now.

Today is Monday. Blah. Since it's a unit PT day, I hit the weights beforehand only to find out that PT was "on your own" today... so I went back to the gym and just hit abs and did some moderate cardio (elliptical and incline treadmill walking for a bit). Not exactly a real "two-a-day", but it'll do. Because I have appointments and such I'll be missing our weekly CrossFit session on Wednesday, and today will be the only day I end up doing two workouts this week... I'm TOTALLY okay with that! haha

It looks like next week I'll end up having two days where I have to do two workouts, but at least Wednesday is a day off for the 4th of July so I can sleep in a bit. Now if I can only stay away from BBQ, beer and decadent desserts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorian - I pride myself on my ability to come up with some pretty creative and delicious healthy meals, but your descriptions of your cooking still make me hungry! haha I actually do the same thing when eating out; I am super adamant about my orders and especially when it comes to diet/sugar free drinks I'm always paranoid that they didn't get it right! I usually end up getting a bottle of water or unsweetened iced tea in most cases.
    Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary! I used to smoke, but I quit so long ago that I hardly even remember that I used to. Man, I can't even imagine doing that now... blech!

Krampus - 2 pounds isn't bad... you know the drill... WATER WEIGHT! Just hit those weights and do some cardio and you'll be good to go in no time flat. Glad you had fun in NYC! I've never been, but it's on my (short) bucket list of places to see.

Philana - Yay for the whoosh! <----- That's my sweet Whoosh Dance. I'm hoping for one more small one myself when I weigh in this weekend. I'm a little burnt out to be honest, and at work I'm bored out of my mind (as you can probably see from the mid-day posting) and that's when the snack attacks hit! I've got to focus on the hopes of seeing that whoosh in order to keep me going!
  • Leilajey : I did not even got a poutine this weekend LOL! The boyfriend and I don't eat much of poutine, because, well, they are the diet devil. Usually we have one when we go see a movie (really romantic date night AHAH). Oh and by the way, I followed your advice of trying out the apple cider vinegar for the bloating. I can't really say the tummy shrunk because of the apple vinegar or because it was drank at night VS looking at the tummy in the morning, but HOLY MOLLY I peed my life away last night! And I did not drink that much yesterday.. Must have helped a bit I guess!

Jossfit : I love your new picture, but I cant wait to see one of you in your dress! And I'm sooo like you for loving to plan meals and workouts! I have this sheet on my fridge with the schedule of the week for that! You're not alone in your world!

philana : Yay for you woosh!

Dorian : congrats on your 2 years of not smoking anniversary! That is awesome! The food you cooked this weekend makes me want to eat. All of it. Now. At 9:56 AM LOL

krampus : How the lifting was at the gym? Was it the first time you were going back since you got hurt?

DottieMea : Oh god, I'm so bad at putting ikea stuff together. At least it was a good workout!

Hey feathers! Back at the lab this morning, after almost going back to bed when my alarm clock rang at 6AM this morning. After one snooze, I finally got up and headed outside to get my 6k run done. It was super cloudy and on the edge to rain any minutes, but I was able to get back home before it poured... yay!

We spent a part of the weekend at my boyfriend's mom's chalet and it was cool. The place is amazing and I managed to eat okay (probably a bit over maintaince) but still okay.

The scale is still at 138 lbs, so I'm getting more and more sure that it is not only water weight but a good and solid gain. First weeks of maintance FAIL! I'm gonna try to track a bit this week but to indulge too, I have to start carb loading in 2 days anyway. Oh lord, the half is only 4 days away. I'm starting to freak out.

Have a good day feathers!