It's been a while

• Hi All!

It's been quite some time since I last used this forum and a lot has changed for me. Last year I ran a 1/2 marathon, I got in the mid 120's and was feeling really strong! My Fiance at the time broke up with me the night before my 30th birthday, I was absolutely devastated, we had been together for 7 years, but now looking back I wasn't so much devastated about not being with him, but just everything I had known for the last 7 years would be no more, I had to move, I moved too far from my job so I had to quit....tons of stuff changed and quite frankly it was so overwhelming. For 2 weeks I had no appetite at all, I lived on coffee and alcohol~ it was a rough 2 weeks with a lot of hangovers! I dropped all the way down to 121 without even trying. I woke up one day and told myself that I had to move on and pull myself together and stop feeling sorry for myself. Soon after I met someone wonderful, it was very unexpected, but I embraced it and now we have been together for 7.5 months and I am tremendously happy with him! While with my new guy I went back up to 130'ish, I gained that happy in a new relationship weight, but I still felt good, he makes me feel amazing and compliments me is the most beautiful ways. My boyfriend is deployed and I vowed to start and complete p90x, I'm on my 2nd week and it's going great, I already feel stronger and I'm proud of myself because those workouts are no joke. My goal is to get to 115 by the time he returns late in year and I would also like to complete another 1/2 marathon this Sept. I noticed that since my ex and I parted ways that I no longer binge eat and I very seldom crave junk food, I think I was unhappy in the relationship for a long time, but never even realized that was such a big source of unhappiness. I couldn't tell you the last time I ate fast food, I almost never eat sweets and I haven't binge ate once since we broke up. I think I was subconsciously filling the void in my relationship with food, I felt very unfulfilled and unappreciated. Everything happens for a reason though, or so I believe and I'm happier than ever.

I'm glad to be back, I found this forum very helpful in the past! I just wanted to reintroduce myself.

Hope you all have a happy day!
  • Welcome back bananapancakes!

I'm relatively new here, only about 5-6 weeks but finding the forum so helpful for staying on track.

Glad to hear you have come through that breakup ok (actually better!) Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Good for you on taking back your life and having a fitness goal in mind!
  • BACK!!
  • Welcome back! I'm sorry that you had to go through so much, but it seems like everything is working out really well for you now.
  • That sounds that a rough time period but I'm glad things are doing so much better now. You seem very strong. Welcome back!
  • I remember you! I was here the same time as you and left for a while because I was pregnant. Now that I am finally losing the baby weight I feel like I can show my face again. I don't like to come here unless I can move my ticker down!

Sorry you went through such a bad time, but it seems that you came through a stronger, better person!