Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #31  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm joining this thing kinda late, but I think the most annoying thing is that people think that they have an error-free BMI radar instead of their eyes.

If I would have followed people advices, I would have stop losing weight more than 25 pounds ago, where I was at the TOP/almost overweight value of the BMI for my height.

The point of ''you lost some, it's okay now'' drove me crazy. Yes, I lost some, but don't I diserve the ''best'' there is for me?

Blah. Neverending discussion about weight loss with people who doesn't know a clue with people is aweful LOL
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
The point of ''you lost some, it's okay now'' drove me crazy. Yes, I lost some, but don't I diserve the ''best'' there is for me?
YES!!! I find that to hold true in a lot of things too - sort of like if I wanted a B on a test, people would root for me, if I wanted an A, people are like "Why...? The "B" is fine! Just stick with that. I would kill for that" I think that one reason might be because people think "If I would be thrilled with that and want to just reach that point, why don't you?"
A lot of people tell me not to retake the LSAT, because they would be happy with my score, but I regard my score as a sign that hey if I study a bit more efficiently, maybe I'll do better!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #33  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Good discussion!!

I think it all comes down to... we can't set our goals based on other people's perceptions or opinions. Maybe *THEY* think we don't have weight to lose. Often, I have to remind myself that these are MY goals. These are not my friend's goals, or my brother's goals, or my neighbors goals. THEY ARE MINE.

We can do this! We ARE doing this!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

My mum has just started saying this to me. However, I know she's worried about extreme weight loss as in my teens I did lose a lot of weight which led to my boarding school calling my parents. My mother thought I was anorexic and almost cried when she saw me as I'd lost so much weight. However, it was really due to depression that killed my appetite and made me sleep all day.

However, I'm now reminding her that I've been slimmer before (while still healthy!) and that both my sisters and her are still proportionately much smaller than me.

So far no one else has said it to me but then again my family is mostly very very tiny so it probably never occurs to most of them.
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #35  

Height: 5'4

I mostly get it from co-workers. At first I tried to be polite, but now I tell them to go **** themselves.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #36  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
I mostly get it from co-workers. At first I tried to be polite, but now I tell them to go **** themselves.
I love it!

I started getting it from coworkers too. This is a new job of mine so they saw me only lose the last 30lbs. To them I never needed to lose weight. They keep asking me if I'm eating...I just show them the GIANT cooler I have with all of my food in it (seriously, I have a giant cooler with lots of food and drinks because I eat all morning, LOL).

I don't really mention my weight loss much and I didn't tell anyone that I used to be much heavier because it hasn't really come up in conversation. The only one I did tell is one of the subs here...he's about my age and very fit. We just got to talking one day about working out and I mentioned it to him.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote