May Feather's Chat!

You're on Page 4 of 13
Go to
  • sontaikle : I think if you manage to go through a buffet, you're ready for anything girl LOL glad to know you made it through without too much stress

crazygurl : most food cooked in events have salt that people that are dieting are usually getting! I hope you had fun and danced the night away!

I went for my long distance training this morning and it felt awesome. I had a pretty relax day, cooking myself a healthy dinner and some zucchinis and blackberries muffins for the week (god they're so gooooood, I could all eat them now, they're so moist and just 142 calories each)

the boyfriend is gonna be away for the week in formation... I'll try to make the best of it and eat super healthy without forcing him too. I'm going back home in 2 weeks and I want to be freakin-a-stunning!
  • I hiked 12.6 miles on Saturday and probably ate 3500+ calories (which I may have needed - I could actually feel things I ate turning into energy, pretty cool!). I'm SORE today. Bought a very fitted dress in size "XS" at Kohl's that I can't wait to wear to Maryland Deathfest in 2 1/2 weeks.

Mom and I got fitted for our fancydresses on Friday night. Both of mine are size 4!!! I'm excited. I am getting to the point where I don't feel like I need to hide behind shapewear except in the clingiest of outfits. It feels amazing.

My scale battery died - said I was 184.0 then "Err 0" - which leaves me with the following question: Do I say "screw you" and go without digital red numbers honking a YOUR WEIGHT ROUNDED TO THE NEAREST 0.5 LB while using my boyfriend's scale (reflects daily fluctuations accurately)?

What would you do?

philana Stomach bug? Oh no! Glad you're feeling better now. 10K feels soooo long for running, I admire your drive a lot!

TurboMammoth Hooray for size 7 shorts and long distance training! It is waaaay easier to eat right when boyfriends aren't around.

sontaikle Nicely done at the buffet. In our post-hike famished state we almost went to Golden Corral (lolol) yesterday, but opted for TGI Friday's instead which was probably worse. How was Avengers?

crazygurl61 Don't let dumb scale blips get you, especially when you know you danced a good amount
  • Hi girls... How is every one doing.

TurboMammoth: I love long distance trainings , I was wonder if you can share your muffins recipe.

Krampus: I will love to go hiking, one day....Good you enjoyed. Abouth the scale I will live to see less fluctuations when I reach my goal...

As for my I ran my half yestaerday and I am happy to report that my time was 1:59:24 it was 18 min faster than my first , and I am a lot less sore than my first.... Now to rest for a month and then star my trainning for my full in october.
  • 136.8 yay!
  • Quote: It's amazing how one little change made such a big deal in how I felt. I feel so much better with just a wrap or flatbread in the middle of the day instead of just the meat and veggies on my plate. I don't feel the need to eat as much and I don't feel tired in the middle of the day. Amazing.

It's so strange, really. But I know my body is strange and doesn't respond to things the way others do.

Also AVENGERS TOMORROW. I am so psyched for that movie!! The fiance and I have been watching the previous Marvel movies—we watched Thor and Captain America on Sunday—and we're going to hit Iron Man and Iron Man 2 today. Not sure if I have The Hulk handy, but I didn't care much for that one anyway.

TBH, one BIG reason I'm seeing the movie for the collection of hot men My mom pretty much said the same thing (she is going with my Dad tomorrow). She said "I'm just going to see that movie because of Robert Downey Jr."

Krampus - Yay for hitting and keeping that low!!

I can't really do low carb for too long. I tried it for a long time and the carb flu just didn't go away like most people say it should.

I heard about the abusive special ed teacher. It almost made me cry (Special Ed is what I teach) I know how frustrating it can be, but I cannot imagine resorting to something like that at all.

crazygurl61 - I calorie counted while I went Primal, and I'm finding that when I added grains back in on the weekends that I didn't suffer from anything like a lot of others do. I had a flatbread toasted sandwich yesterday and I felt BETTER. I'm weird. I know this from the way certain foods have an effect on me so I'm going to go back to calorie counting. I'm not going to have a free for all with bread or anything (never really ate it much when I was just cc anyway).

TurboMammoth - Let other people think you're a creep! You'll be a fit creep!
    I don't think that your body is strange - it reminds me a little of this interview
    http://www.foodrenegade.com/should-y...ree-interview/
  • I couldn't help myself - HAD to get on my scale this morning. Said 129.5 which is probably accurate, my muscles are burning still.

wfonseca WELL DONE! Congrats on a faster time and feeling less sore! I am so beat STILL after hiking less than a half marathon in 8 hours. how do you long distance runners do it?!

crazygurl w0000t weekend bloat be gone!
  • krampus : woah that's a good hike! I can't wait to go for our first real summer hike. when is your fashion show?

wfonseca : first, here's the muffins recipe http://mylittlecelebration.com/coffe...g-in-february/ Scroll down the blog post, it's by the end of the post. And WOAH for your half! It is so fast!!! I am training for my first ever half marathon and you are definetely an inspiration

crazygurl : yay for water weight woosh!

pixellate : the article seems really interesting, I'll have a look at it!

136.0 this morning, but I had no #2 in the last few days, so I'm not panicking yet.

No official workout planned for the day, I'll probably just have a little walk tonight to the post office to fetch some packages.

Oh and the cat is looking for my boyfriend constantly all over the appartment, screaming his life out. That's gonna be a long week...
  • Ahh!! I'm so behind, this tread moves so quickly now. I've decided to stay in Toronto for grad school, even with the scholarships I received I'm still looking at 50k debt to go to the US and since I can go for free here that seems irrational.

I've decided to lower my calories again to 1200, I havent lost in 4 months while I've been at 1500-1600 even though I've been working out 3-4 x a week so I think I need to lower them.

Congrats everybody on the weight loss / maintenance!
  • another gluttonous weekend, ya'll!

i had dinner at maggianos instead of olive garden with my family on saturday night-- i was prepared for it, and enjoyed myself. however, on sunday i was surprised with a birthday dinner by my friends at my favorite restaurant! i had a ball, and it was amazing to get to spend time with friends that i rarely see, but holy crap do i feel guilty today.

the up side is that a tried a new hot yoga place closer to my house that was AMAZING saturday morning and i signed up for their one week unlimited so i can yoga to my hearts content this week.

the down side is that i'm just so depressed by my weight at the end of every weekend! it feels pointless to keep my weight down and yet enjoy my life. its such a PITA!

i was thinking oh, low carb weekdays but i remembered that low carb can have an adverse effect on my kidneys, which i have to be careful about (my doctor said i need to watch my kidneys because i am at risk for problems with them). that means that i will be eating carbs but i am definitely cutting calories monday- fridays so i can account for my wild weekends!
  • I am exhausted. I had a field trip to the Bronx Zoo with my fifth graders. It was fun and we walked around and had a good time. The amount of kids complaining about walking was kind of strange though! They all wanted to sit after a few minutes!

My fiance got into culinary school for the fall and because he already has an Associate's he only needs 34 credits or so to get another one. We're both excited about this and hope it means he can find a nice job when he finishes next year

pixelllate - Wow! thank you for the article! After poking around here and in certain paleo/primal forums I felt like the odd one out, but it's interesting to see that I'm not the only one that experienced adverse reactions from eliminating grains. It works for some people, just not for me apparently. I guess I need them

TurboMammoth - congrats on hitting your goal! Weight training can be fun though, I hope you find that you enjoy it!

crazygurl61 - your weekend sounds hectic and fun! I hope you have a great time

krampus - Wow what a great hike! Congrats on the size 4 dresses! And the Avengers was AWESOME. I keep saying that it was just so much awesome packed into one movie, lol!

wfonseca - Wow! good luck training for your marathon!

LisaTcan - I don't blame you for sticking around where grad school will be free. 50k is kind of nuts!

jayohwhy - Ooo hot yoga sounds like fun!
  • I was away from my computer this weekend (yay!) so nice to hear everyone had a great weekend. I was definitely challenged this weekend eating out since we were away from home. Did good on Saturday, but Sunday was rough. I couldn't not have a crab cake when I'm in Eastern MD! Crab itself isn't a big deal but so hard to know what else they've put in it/how they cooked it. And the 'steamed' veggies looked overcooked (saw another table) so I indulged with fries. Oh and someone made cupcakes. At least I shared one with a friend and didn't eat the entire one? sigh. Definitely paid the price this AM on the scale. Up 1.1 today.

LisaTcan: good for you going debt free. I was $30,000+ in debt when i graduated in the 90s. It's paid off now but it certainly held me back in doing things (like traveling, buying a house) sooner than I would have.

jayohwhy: I love hot yoga! I weighed myself once after doing it and lost 2lbs during class, if only it wasn't water weight!

My husband complained last night that he's eating more because I'm on a diet and eating smaller portions. At least I'm making healthier foods I suppose!

What type of scale is everyone using? I've been using my Wii Fit to weigh myself as my manual scale seems off and I get a better read for inbetween pounds.
  • Hi everyone! Yes my weekend was very hectic but fun. I am exhausted today and still a little sore. Wearing flats while working today. I didn't get anytime for myself on the weekend but I feel like it's worth it to celebrate a wedding and a baptism...it happens! Headed for another busy week- I leave on Weds for my education convention in Anaheim (DISNEYLAND!)after work...come home saturday afternoon, go to an engagement party an hour away, then have church and mother's day brunch Sunday! WHEW! Today after work will be spent teaching all the music lessons I'd usually teach while I'll be gone, as well as going to the grocery store so the husband doesn't starve, and doing some work on my side business (Ebay store)...it seems like going away for a few days is WAY more work than staying home!! Crazy.

I know this might sound stupid but I am bringing my scale this week on my trip. I am committed to weighing in daily. I have my own room so no one else will know, and it will make me feel better.

Time for Personals!!
    Jay- YUM YUM YUM! I love both those restaurants. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I totally understand the struggle...enjoy life vs eat? I feel like this time around I'm finally able to enjoy myself without overdoing it.

Dottie-I have two scales- one spring and one homedics digital- both are from bed bath and beyond. I also have a scale in my classroom!(It weighs me about 5 lbs less than I am) HAH . Anyway, I LOVE CRABCAKES. My mouth is watering! I think that splurge was worth it.

Lisa- I think you made a great choice. I decided on a lower cost school when I went and I had no student loans. The school I wanted to go to was at the time 40K plus a year- boy am I glad now that I am in the workforce and married that I didn't take on loan debt! I bet if you cycle your calories that may get you into weight loss mode again.

pixelllate- I am enjoying reading your perspective on grains. While I don't plan on keeping them out forever I am so interested to see what other people have been through. I love the healthy aspect of Paleo/Primal!

Turbo- Sounds like a great goal while the bf is away. Muffins sound so yummy right now!

Krampus-My hubby loved the Avengers too. How exciting on size 4. I am in between a 4 and a 6 right now and I bet when I get into the 120's the 4's will fit great. Good for you for sticking in the 120's.

Wfonseca-Great job on the run! Sounds like it is going good for you. I am also impressed with long distance runners.

sontaikle-Congrats to your fiance! Sounds like a great thing! Thats funny about the Zoo...kids are hillarious. We were making an edible model of the water cycle in science and one of the kids complained a grape "wasn't in season". They crack me up! Hope you survived!

Philana- I hope you are feeling better- we miss you around here and look forward to your return!
  • Jayohwhy - I can't to low-carb, I wish I could I just dont have it in me! Yay for hot yoga, I love it but don't go enough as it's so pricey

Sontaikle - Congrats on your partner's acceptance, it'll be really nice for you both to have careers started

Dottie - thanks for the advice, I think it's the best decision. I just use an old fashioned analog scale.

Crazygurl - I'm a music teacher as well! I teach singing and piano (Private lessons)
  • Hi feathers! Can I join in here? I have just really began diving in and posting here on the boards, I know I need some accountability if I'm going to finish strong! I'm down to my last few lbs to lose and hopefully keep off. I have just recently became vegetarian and started seeing the lbs fall off and my body make a lot of changes. I also lift weight 2 times a week and do cardio the other 3. Can't wait to get to know all of you. My goal is to look awesome in my new bikini in one month from now! We're going to the beach!
    These are my before during and after pics. Before is last June, then this march and finally this week in my new bikini I hoping to rock this summer!
  • Lisa : 50k dollars sure put a lot of things in perpective... that was probably a hard decision to take neverthless :S update us on how it is working with the 1200!

jayo : hot yoga seems a blast... it's stupid, but if I don't sweat, I don,t feel I'm working out. I guess hot yoga would be perfect for me LOL

sontaikle : god, I CAN'T wait to go to see The Avengers, but I can't go without the boyfriend who is out of town for a week. I loooove Marvel, I'm a sucker for super heros movie. How is Mark Ruffalo doing for the Hulk part in it? I was a bit disapointed when the Edward Norton part was handed to Ruffalo (big fan of Edward Norton here lol)

DottieMae : oh god. crabcake. cupcake. I'd so eat that right now, even if it's only 9:38 LOL and I'm using a really basic scale bought in a drugstore!

crazygurl : woah your schedule is PACKED, girl! Hope you find some time to breathe in all that

KDeian : welcome! and I.LOVE.YOUR.NEON.BIKINI. and great work on the weight loss, you're definetely rocking it!

hey girls, 135.0 lbs this morning, which is good, I was up a bit after the big dinner from saturday. slowly going back to normal. I'm planning to run tonight, I only hope the rain won't destroy all my plan. even though I could probably go running in the rain...

Okay, freak girl stuff here : I'm so excited because we have tickets to go to the Montreal soccer game this weekend, and they are playing LA Galaxy. It's the first year of the team in the MLS league, and we got ticket to go see this game, because, well, I always wanted to go and see a pro soccer game, but also because of DAVID-MARRY-ME-BECKHAM. And now we start to hear that he might not play because he doesn't like the turf-grass... (NOOOOO!)

Bechham is in the top position of my top 5 list of celebrities I would be allow to have sex with if I had the opportunity (it's a thing from Friends that my cousin brought up... it looks really weird when you hear about it first, but it leads to tons of discussions like ''what you would do HER/HIM!???'' and it's really funny. I like to judge my boyfriend top 5 LOL) If Beckham doesn't play on saturday, hello disapointmennnnt