Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

The Cape Cod outing sounds like fun! I hope you and AG have fun on Memorial Day! We're meeting friends one of the weekend days for dinner.

Lately, rather than count cals incessantly like I normally do, I've decided to opt for healthy eating. Eat healthy food when hungry, stop when full. Yesterday was easy, because I wasn't feeling 100%. Ate a healthy breakfast so far today, and I'll do the same for lunch and dinner. Luckily the items my hubby wants (like peanut butter, ice cream or chips) doesn't affect me that much. I have my own treats - like frozen fruit bars or a few nuts in the shell. (Healthy stuff.)

Congrats on walking into the new workplace with resume in hand. Best of luck to you! I know you'll do just fine.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #62  

TGIF!! Have a wonderful, healthy weekend!
Hugs, Tyla
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #63  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I like your plan for just "healthy eating". Sometimes focusing too much on numbers can make ya crazy. It seems like at this point, you know what's beneficial and what's not, so trust yourself and your wisdom to make the right choices.

So I didn't make it down to the headquarters yesterday (traffic was awful) but am aiming for next Tuesday... Argh. I'm definitely feeling the need for a job change.

Have no idea about plans for Memorial Day... AG's a great guy, but I just don't know how I feel about us being together.

Food has been up and down for me. Trying to commit to healthy food behaviors and not going crazy. This is key.

Sending you happy weekend wishes, too!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #64  

Dr. Oz has this diet plan saying to give up white flour and sugar, so I'm tying to do this. Yesterday went well. Going to try to do the same today.

So far did very well for breakfast and lunch.

Good luck on handing in your resume. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Also sending you good vibes regarding eating.

Talk to you soon.

Last edited by tyla; 05-20-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #65  

Well, I'm starting to get remotivated, thank God. Did very well over the weekend re: no white flour and no sugar.

Now time to exercise.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #66  

You're an inspiration re: no flour or white sugar. I'm hoping to follow suit.

Weekend was... a challenge. Friday night and Saturday morning were fine, then I tanked Saturday evening and Sunday went into the crapper, too. Boooo! (At least I woke up for Sunday school... the little things, right?) I did manage to go for a long walk on Sunday, but alas, they say that exercise counts for only 2% of weight loss (95% diet; 3% sleep; 2% exercise) but that's 2% I had in the bag this weekend, so I'm not going to discount it too easily.

Planning on making my yoga class, too.

So here's hoping to stay on track for this week!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #67  

Alexis, going for a walk was excellent! Congrats! Exercise counts in more ways than calories. It gives you endorphins, which makes you feel happy and balanced. It also motivates you to do better. I always feel better after I move, physically and mentally. If nothing else, it clears your head temporarily, and we all need head clearing occasionally.

I hope you had a pretty good weekend. Any word from AG? A bird in the hand, right. That's when Mr. Right will come along, when you least expect it and when you're not trying so hard to find him. I'm wishing you the best in that category.

Our weekend was kind of relaxing. Watched new movie dvds from the library. Then we walked to different places every couple of hours. Like I said, moving makes you feel better.

This weekend should be fun. Going to dinner with friends.

Tonight it's zumba. Talk to you soon!

Last edited by tyla; 05-22-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #68  

You're absolutely right about the exercise. I forgot about the effects of endorphins on mood in general, which can certainly boost weight loss potential.

Knocked out 5 miles before breakfast. Feelin' better already.
Finally got down to the regional headquarters to drop off my resume. Filled out an application and asked for a name to follow up. Out of my hands now. Am looking at other fields/job openings, too, so all eggs aren't in one basket. Am planning on going to a toastmaster meeting tonight, too, so there's some other exposure.

Hope your day is going well!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #69  

Wow, good for you for doing 5 miles!! And congrats on dropping off your resume. Good luck tonight at toastmasters.

I did well today, although I did have some trying moments. I'm so happy I didn't do anything I'd regret. I'm having coffee with a friend tomorrow. On Thursday, she's going to introduce me to people at a networking meeting. Sounds like we're both doing well.

Let's keep going>>>>
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #70  

Good for you for sticking to the plan! Hope that coffee w. the friend (and networking) goes well, too.

I didn't make it to toastmasters yesterday. Too exhausted. Oh, well. There's always next time.

My boss is leaving for Italy tomorrow. He'll be gone for close to ten days. While the cat's away... lol. Am hoping to stay on plan myself, although it's been tough lately. I'm all over the map.

Stay on target!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #71  

Did well yesterday re: food. Now to get remotivated to really exercise. My doc told me not to exercise while taking the meds for the UTI. So I merely walked casually. Only problem is my motivation "to get back on the horse" has waned. Walking casually was more fun, although not helping the weight loss.

I had a great time with my girlfriend yesterday, and tonight's the networking event. I sure hope everything goes well. (I'm a little nervous.) Thanks for the hugs. I needed them. Oh, and there's going to be appetizers and drinks, so I better be on my best behavior cal-wise.

Have fun while your boss is gone. At least, things will be more relaxed.

I want to wish you a happy Memorial Day, if I don't get a chance to post. My hubby's taking the day off, so we'll probably spend the day together. I'm so looking forward to that!

P.S. Just came back from the meeting. All went well and I learned some new information and have an idea for a lead. Did well food-wise, too. Hope all is well with you.

HAVE THE GREATEST WEEKEND! WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST!

Last edited by tyla; 05-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #72  

((((tyla)))))
Hurray for you doing well at the meeting!!! How exciting!!! Sounds like you're headed in a great direction.

Looks like we're HERE at Memorial Day!

Sadly, I definitely didn't get anywhere near my goal for this, but it is an ongoing process, I suppose. There will always be bigger and better goals to strive for. Sometimes, just maintaining is progress, you know?

Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend and see you on the other side.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #73  

Alexis, I hope you have a great Memorial Day!

Be good tomorrow! (And so will I.)

Last edited by tyla; 05-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.