Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Well, these last couple of days have been a little strange. First, I got sick because of the fan, lost my energy and motivation, got the "letter," then blew it pretty badly one day and am now slowly trying to come back to my old self... eating right and exercising. It feels so much better to do better, physically and mentally. I can't believe after 2 months of perfection that I went hay-wire. (Those darn granola bars. They just start the cravings, don't they?!) Certainly in the last 2 months I had more stressful situations occur, but didn't even think about straying. I guess several doors closed for me and my classes since last July. This was the last straw.

Alexis, you made me laugh when you were describing the eclectic group of volunteers. And you were smart to get the phys. therapist's number and info. I also think all those projects and events that you signed up for sound interesting. Good idea, especially when you apply to school! Experience in the health fields make you more desirable for admission.

As far as your orch/fb friend--sometimes certain guys need a little push. My hubby was shy, so after a few months of small talk, I decided to invite him to a volleyball game. It was the best decision I've made. We've been together ever since. But only you know what is best for the two of you. I was taking a chance. Maybe you could go for a coffee/decaf and snack after rehearsal.

Re: the new guy... yeah, I agree with you. Think of him as a pen pal, because he lives too far away. (That's too bad.) But it's always nice to have another friend.

Tonight and tomorrow are going to be better for us! Love my Fridays, so I better not screw that up!

Daisy, I hope things went well for you today!

Lots of hugs all around.

Last edited by tyla; 04-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #32  

I'm back, baby! Back on track, that is! I feel so much better. I even went to lunch with a friend. We both had salads. Did great calorie-wise, and now on to a great weekend.

Here's wishing us all an awesome weekend! TGIF!!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

tyla

To a good weekend!!!

You know, I've had times like that too. Sometimes it seems like I get through the "real" stressful times fine, but then something that seems small comes along and knocks me all off course. Am so happy to hear that you've righted yourself up. Sometimes it takes a little slip to show you just how far you've come.

I had the coffee date w. my "pen pal" guy friend and I still don't know what to think. He paid, which I thought was really sweet, and then he walked me to my yoga class, which was also sweet, but he hasn't contacted me since (we swapped numbers via fb message). Whatever happens, he's still such a great guy and I would love to keep in contact with him.

Liked that story about you and your hubby. How long have you guys been married? Do you feel like he started taking the lead after you invited him to that volleyball game?

Must confess that I did not have a great day, food-wise, but I managed to right myself up too and am looking forward to a great weekend. Managed to get in TWO yoga classes (which is a lot for me) and if I can get my butt up tomorrow, that'll be THREE classes in one week. (again, this is big for me. )

Here's to a FANTASTIC weekend all around!!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #34  

Alexis, what is your "pen pal" friend doing there on leave? Does he have family there? Where is he moving to when he gets out? He's still there on leave, isn't he? You wll see him at church, right? All important questions regarding boyfriend material. If he's still there, say, "hi (at church) and tell him you had a good time the other night."

When is the orchestra rehearsal again? I'm excited for you that you have 2 adventures going on at the same time. (By the way, my hubby and I have been married 17 years. Love him a lot! And Yes, he certainly took the lead after that. We've broaden each other's horizons, yet we have a lot in common, too. Both of us believing in God is a big plus.)

Tomorrow night we're going out to a restaurant with a meetup group. (People we've never met before.) I hope we have a good time. I do plan on eating right, however. My hubby is so great, that he puts up with all the adventures I plan for us.

I'm sending you good thoughts for an awesome weekend! (That includes food-wise.)

Talk to you soon!

Last edited by tyla; 04-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #35  

Thank yoooooou Tyla!
It's been an INTENSE weekend! Saw "army pen pal" again at 9AM sunday school (different church). He left early to make it to church #2 on time, but I didn't end up getting there (got caught up in discussion and just stayed at the Sunday school church for service) Hung out with some friends after and (score!) he texted me saying that he missed me in church... Ha!

I'm just not a "dater" at all and it's very unusual for me to have this attention from a guy. It's just so fascinating! You and your hubby sound like a super team How'd the meet up group go?

~~~
Food was not too bad this weekend. Could have probably made better choices today, but not awful. Got a massage on Saturday (heaven!) and then ate a healthy salad afterwards. Today wasn't the best (bagels and sweets) but didn't do too badly calorie-wise. Also went for my run, so that helped.

Hoping for good news tomorrow morning on the scale, but all together a very satisfying weekend!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #36  

I just posted an entire message, and it just went away. That is so frustrating. I was on a roll, too.

Here goes.... Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I was super busy. I did go to zumba, which was so much better than last week. I stayed away from the fans! The instructor placed two fans in the front of the room and two in the back. I kept moving into different rows until I found the perfect spot. (I sound like Sheldon in "The Big Bang Theory." Do you ever watch that show. It's really funny.)

The couples night went well. But they were older, a lot like Seinfeld's parents' friends. (I watch a lot of comedies.) And would you believe they already left a message on our machine to get together again?!

Glad to hear your army friend texted you. Back to my questions, does he have relatives where you live? You can refer to the rest of the questions in my last message.

OK let's keep our minds off of food and more into exercise. Gotta get busy.

Last edited by tyla; 05-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #37  

lol - hilarious Tyla! Yes, I watch Big Bang Theory and I giggled a bit when I thought of you bouncing around in different rows. I'm sure you were much more graceful and lovely than he would have been.

So "Army guy" texted me saying that he'd stop by my work to drop off a new phone (my phone is an antique that features an antenna and everything.) I asked him if he wanted to meet my boss and he said yes (!) Thing is, my boss is the closest thing I have to a father figure at the moment. He's a seventy-five year old silver bullet of a guy and I trust his assessment of character probably more than anyone else in my life at the moment. So army guy came over and had coffee + cookies. I can't wait to hear what my boss has to say about him tomorrow...

Also, had a FANTASTIC orchestra rehearsal tonight!!! Don't know if I mentioned in here about the viola section, but it looks like we'll be playing that section alone (minus the cello) which is a victory and a half that I wasn't even looking for.

Food? What's that? Had been so incredibly overwhelmed (in the best possible way) that I didn't eat lunch or dinner (breakfast was a strange helping of pasta, sauce, and lindt truffles... weird, I know.)

"... our hearts can accept nothing less than communion with the Creator." And that's something that food just can't replicate.

onward ho!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #38  

Alexis, Wow, he dropped off a new phone for you! That's huge! He sounds like a really nice guy! Yes, please tell me what your boss thinks of him. I'm curiouse. "Army guy" sounds like a keeper!

Tell me what that means, that the viola section will be sans cello... which is a victory for you. How is that a victory? Sorry I don't know much about orchestras. I do know about being in theatre group, however. Been in plays and oh, yes, movies.

Yesterday was line dancing day. In that class, I'm in the front row, so I can master the steps from the instructors. (There's 2 of them, husband and wife.) They don't need four fans, like the zumba instructor, and we work just as hard... which leads me to believe the zumba lady has a screw loose. And she's grossly overweight, too, which doesn't say much for zumba! The line dancing instructors are of normal weight.

So glad that you had a great food day! So did I! It seems to me the more positive things you have going on, the less cravings you have. I think the saying about idle minds is true.

Have a great day!!

Last edited by tyla; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #39  

I'm kind of a bit to the grossly overweight Zumba instructor... I'm all for people being all different shapes and sizes, but if Ima follow you, I kinda want to feel like you have something I want, you know? That line dancing class sounds like fun, though! Studies have shown that couples who dance together, stay together.

Oooh, forgot to answer your question about "army guy"s family in the area. He has a twin brother who lives about fifteen minutes north from me. Bro is married to a cool chick who I actually met with to discuss Occupational Therapy. Neat family. Solid, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, spoke with my boss about him this morning. Boss is indifferent to apathetic, but likes the fact that Army Guy is religious. Boss is hesitant to share negative opinions, but will gush with positive ones. He's generally pretty reserved in general, but oh, well. Still, Army Guy survived, which I count as a plus. If nothing else, I'm going to keep the lines of communication open.

Re: the orchestra. Our viola section tends to be a little "light" and the conductor asked the cello to play our solo section with us b.c he didn't think we could do it alone. The cello is a Diva (with a capital "D") and tends to be a bit of a loose cannon, so it's good that we proved that we can do it alone

Going out for a catch-up with former work buddies. Scouted out the menu beforehand and picked out what I'm going to have. Ace. Will probably try to walk afterwards b.c it's just not on before.

Onward ho!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #40  

So "army guy" has a twin brother! Cool! Very good to know he has a solid family and a cool sister. And you've already met them! Another good sign! Wow, this guy sounds more and more like a keeper. What does your mom think of him?

How'd it go at dinner with your work buddies? Tomorrow I"m going out to Cinco De Mayo happy hour with a bunch of girlfriends. That should be a lot of fun. I'm not much of a drinker, but I better start looking up the cals for a margarita, so I can have one.

That's so funny about the celloist being a "Diva." I can just picture her playing over everyone else. There's always some loose cannon in every group. Never thought that existed in the orch. world.

Worked out to a dvd yesterday. Today I go back for more line dancing.

Let's make May an awesome month. Summer will be here before you know it!

Last edited by tyla; 05-03-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #41  

Had a great line dancing class yesterday. Came home completely drenched. We're learning so many dances. I just hope I remember them all.

I did great eating-wise. I'm proud of the fact that I didn't eat after our evening walk. I just watched The Big Bang Theory and a nature show, then went to bed.

TGIF!!! Alexis, I hope you have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to mine!

Last edited by tyla; 05-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #42  

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Had a great time with my girlfriends tonight !Had a margarita (around 200 cals) and half of a salad. All in all not too badly. Now time to move. Gotta burn some cals.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #43  

Heya! Sorry for the lack of updates... Been a bit busy, but no excuses.

Tyla - GREAT job on your happy hour! Measured indulgence with friends with a plan for dealing with it. Excellent.

Concert was tonight and we did AWESOME!!! Stage fright? No such thing. Feels like we proved ourselves tonight. No hiccups or obvious wrong notes. I feel like I proved myself and earned my seat on the first stand. Practiced my rump off and rallied the troops. So satisfying. Interestingly enough, the "Diva" cello is actually a guy! He is a large, old man from Transylvania, who doesn't listen, look at the conductor, or feel the need to blend in with the group.

The catch up w. friends yesterday went well! I used to work in a hotel, so it was all people who work (or used to work) at a hotel in the area. Felt like a "class reunion" catching up with people that I was "in school" with. I always feel like one of the girls is a little bit "guarded" around me, though. Makes me remember why I don't work in hospitality any more, but also makes me thankful that I still do have those connections.

Food has been a bit crazy lately.... Ugh... I just read this quote: "Anxiety is caused by a lack of control, organization, preparation, and action." So what's missing in this equation for me? Not really sure, but I'm suspecting it might be around the "action" area... I know all the right things to do, but actually doing them is a different story... Ah, well. Draw a line and moooove on.

Onward and upward! Here's to a great weekend!

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 05-05-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #44  

Kicked today off to a great start by knocking off 5 miles before breakfast. Went out to dinner w. my momma for a good long catch up. Feel like I'm back in the swing of things.

Re: Army guy~ My mom likes him a lot. She says he has a nice smile (which he does). He's all around pretty fantastic, the only thing is... I'm not super attracted to him physically. He's just exactly my height, maybe half an inch taller (I'm 5'8" - 5'9") and a good deal thinner than me. When I look at him, I think "stable" but I don't think "safe". On a purely physical basis, I tend to be more attracted to guys who are taller and bigger than I am (rare, but it does happen). I know that the physical is just one part of a relationship, but I'm not sure if I can get beyond that... He is SUCH a good guy though, texted the night of my concert and is asking when the next one is... Gah!

Have sunday school/church in the morning, then a friend's wedding in the afternoon. Looking forward to that!

How's your weekend going/gone so far?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #45  

Sorry I haven't been around since Friday. My hubby had long hours at work these last few weeks, so this weekend we had fun just spending time together. We drove to the mountains yesterday, and had brunch at a restaurant there. Watched a lot of movies at home, and saw an interesting dvd called All Creatures Great and Small, an old TV series about vetinarians in a small country town in England. My hubby and I love animals, so this was very interesting to us. It has a cute story line, too. (I just happened to see this dvd at the library.)

Needless to say we didn't exercise all that much, and my eating was not the best. But that was then, this is now. I don't like it when I stray. Luckily I don't do it too often, but when I do I can tell a huge difference in my body. So that's it, it's back to exercise and watching everything I eat. I feel so much better when I do. New goal: Not eating in front of the tv. I developed this habit recently, and that's when I get into trouble.

Tonight is my zumba class, and I will do my weights, too. I already had scramble eggs and coffee at the kitchen table. I'm off to a great start.

Congrats to you for running! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work. It really helps when we inspire each other.

By the way, what ever happened with orchestra guy? Is he more your type? Speaking of orchestras, congrats on your concert!!! I'm so glad it went well.

Gotta go. I made an appointment for a pedicure. Have to get ready. Got to be there in less than an hour.

Talk to you soon.

Last edited by tyla; 05-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.