Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #76  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

lisatcan- I'm so sorry about your schooling situation. it will all work itself out at the end.. about my running-- you are so kind!

____

this past week i'd been laid up with gastritis-- which is the irritation of the stomach lining. it's made me have to look at my eating habits and eat regularly so i will not be in pain. last night, after thinking about it and talking to my husband, I realized that I am quite happy with the way i look at 135 and would like to lose about 5 lbs more, changing my goal to 130 (i'd love to be a few lbs under 130 to give myself wiggle room).

I was hanging on to that 119 number for such a long time, but lately my body has been acting weird since i've been putting a lot of pressure on myself, and I feel comfortable with my decision..
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #77  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

jayohwhy, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling good and comfortable with yourself. Please feel better soon!

philana, I know exactly how you feel w/junk food. I OD-ed on cake my roommate made last night, and guess what? I felt gross after and my weight is up.

LisaTcan *big hug* I'm so sorry about all the grad school troubles you're having. it's all very stressful but it sounds like you're handling it as well as you can.

Alexistrophic It's really out of laziness...too lazy to do it after work so I'd better get it over with!

%%%

My weight was up to 132.5 this morning. Had a relatively inactive and gluttonous weekend with many rich cream sauces and desserts...my bf took me out and used a coupon where we had to order $50 worth of food to get it for only $25. We got fairly inexpensive entrees so we splurged on dessert to hit $50, and both got stomachaches. Go figure.

On the bright side, there was no alcohol involved.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

I was asked yesterday when my baby is due...he was born 3 months ago! Time to get my rear in gear.
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #79  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey feathers!

Lisa : so sorry about to hear about the school issues. Funding is so hard to find

Sorry for the absence of personals for the other, I didnt post since friday and it would take forever to do personals tonight, and I'm exausteeed. I red everything though!

I had a busy and exausting weekend, helping a friend cleaning and painting her new apartment because she moves in all dau long saturday and being gone all day long yesterday for family thingy with the in-laws with the nasty grandma I don't like.

I also binged aaaaall weekend long. I was up yesterday morning and I did not dare to look at the scale this morning, I felt way too miserable lol

I'll stay far from the scale a couple of days to give the time to my body to drain the water weight... I went running tonight too, so I think I'm ready to go back on the wagon after a that weekend to forget

Have a great week everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #80  
Staying the Same

130.0 this morning after one day back on track. I ran yesterday in the bitter wind along the bike path next to the river which was beautiful. I'm SO slow, I believe it took me about 40 minutes to run 6 km.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the support everyone!!

jayohwhy - I'm kind of feeling the same way, I'm really struggling to get my weight any lower so I think I may re-evaluate and just maintain and recomp. Good for you for knowing what's best for you.

kwinkle - that's brutal!! Dont feel bad

krampus - yay for being down

Turbo - staying away from the scale after overeating is always a good call.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #82  
Staying the Same

Oh come ONNNN. got free cookies from the copy center and before I knew what was happening, ate two. They're big - probably 250 calories each!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #83  
say what?

kwinkle: welcome! hope you are off to a good start

krampus: yay! I saw you creep up and I knew you were almost below 130s like last week, glad you are there again!

--
I have had a very good day today, thankfully. Cus I had a few bad days. One really bad day and the rest was just "meh". Not like I was overeating but it was high carby sodium food. Burned 1000 calories again today. Which is good, cus I didnt do a thing over the weekend. lol

I am so stuck at 140-141 though. I know I have to be on plan a bit more but still, in the past 2 weeks I ate over my calories bij 800 once, the rest of the time I was under by 400 most of the time, and 800-1000 a few times too. So come onnnnn already!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #84  

krampus : you know 40 minutes is usually the time I run my 6k in normal training it's a normal pace for intermediate runner! And good job and going back to 130! God free cookies? I would have die.

philana : god it seems just a few weeks ago you were telling us you was starting back at 146 because of your scale issues, and now you're already at 140-141! You're doing an awesome job!

hey Feathers!

I sneacked peek at the scale yesterday morning and this morning... I was at 139.8 lbs yesterday, and 138.8 this morning (after TMI TMI TMI TMI pooping my life yesterday.. god I'd like to be one of those regular people doing it everyday instead of once every 3-4 days!) I'm kinda freaking out and I keep on repeating ''What if it's the scale that is broken or something?!'' If I can maintain something like that until friday, I'll be officially at my first original goal weight... I'm gonna be extra carefull this friday LOL

Oh last night, it was a first : my boyfriend fell in love with a mini-calories recipe I cooked (he usually like them, but LOVING it is kinda rare). It was chicken breast covered in breadcrumb, sesame seed and citrus zest, with a tamari and citrus juice sauce and sauteed broccolis. He couldn't beleived the recipe was out of my mini-calories cookbook LOL
Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #85  
say what?

Turbo: You are right, but I knew that most of it was waterweight! lol. And the weigth before the scale mess was 134/135... so really not much real weight gone yet. So I've done well on getting rid of 3weeks of junkfood weight, but I am at the exact same place I was at like 6 weeks ago. In that regard I feel just UHG about it. lol.
Awesome on the weight! I am so excited for you!

--

Started strength training today. I hope it helps me get stronger!

I am a bit puzzled, I am at 140-141 for a while, and today I am 2lbs heavier than a week ago. (I weigh 143!). While in that week I went skating for 10k, ran 6.5k, 2.5k, 7k, 8k. I swam 1hr, was on the elliptical for 30mins twice, walked the dogs for a long walk of 2hrs, went to work by bike 4x (40min per workday). I ate between 1250 and 1500 calories most days. One day I ate 2400.

Obviously my strength training from yesterday has some effect but yesterday morning I was only 0.8lbs lighter than today so it doesn't account for the rest of the added weight. It fluctuates a lot, I know that. But this is really annoying me!

Last edited by philana; 03-29-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #86  
Staying the Same

I am up 1.5 lb, and I can say with assurance that it was due to the salty but AWESOME Taiwan style pork belly/pork noodle soup I had for dinner. You know you're overloaded with sodium when you drink at least 24 oz of broth and can't pee to save your life afterward!

TurboMammoth Well done on dropping lbs! I think it's rare for people actively pursuing calorie deficits to poop every day...

philana How did the strength training go? What did you start out with?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #87  

philana : good lord, when I read your workout routine I always end up :O you go girl!

krampus : taiwan noodle soup... I think I could spend my life eating this (and never ever peeing) hope you enjoyed it! And I know that the pooping issue is very common to the people training or trying to lose weight but I guess I haven't learn to live/deal with it yet!

hey!

the week is slowly going by, I'm trying to be the more on plan I can be because we're having a birthday party for my boyfriend and the theme is ''Beer & Sausage & Cheese'' with the most unhealthy cake you ever seen (+ a few healthier appetizers ) Plus I'd really like to be at goal tomorrow, that would totally make my weekend!

Went running last night, it was hard and cold. Sometimes I end up thinking that running people are nuts LOL

have a good day everyone!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #88  
say what?

Turbo: Haha, I feel like I barely do a thing, but that's because I plan to do more than I do. But I just looked at how many I've exercised in the past 2 weeks and I've done 17 hours/workouts in 14 days (not counting my trips to work by bike. So I guess I am quite active! But only recently! So will see if it lasts longer than a month - Have fun with the party! I hope you reach goal like you want to, but does it really matter if it's tomorrow or a week from now? You've come so far!!! Congrats already .

Krampus: I bought a book and it has a bunch of routines in the back, I just picked one and altered it only slightly because I can't do squats and my shins are painful. I'll post the routine in the weightlifting thread!

I am having a 1000 calorie day and burned 800 calories. So I better be going down!!! LOL. I stayed away from salt/sodium mostly today. I just have to know if it's waterweight or not. I am gonna try and stay on plan a bit longer. I do cheat and sometimes don't put it in my calorietracker and then I forget when I went over and by how much. It might cause this feeling of "look at how good I've been doing?! and still no loss!" LOL

I just realllllly wanna get below 60kg. I've not been below 60kg in YEARS.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

Philana-- I spent 6 weeks holding onto FIVE POUNDS of water, after starting an intensive weight training regime. It is only just coming off, and my bottom half is still measuring a bit bigger. I think different bodies react differently to the training, and it sounds like you are really at quite a calorie deficit, so stick with it! Something that ultimately helped me get over the hump was laying off weights for five full days and drinking TONS of water. I'm just easing back into 2-3 times per week with weights again and don't seem to be quite as fluffy.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #90  

Hey all!

Only one thing today :

I WI this morning at 138.8 lbs which means

I'M AT GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

I'm a bit overwhelmed, reaching finally goal after 10 months of weight loss.

You don't know how much you Feathers had helped in the last pounds to loose

I'm going to try no to think about weight for a few days, because I honestly don't know where I want to go from there (even if I think more and more that 135 would be a really cute number... LOL)

Have a great friday!

okay just one more time...

I'M AT GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL ! hihih!