Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/112?/Happy and healthy :)

Height: 5'3"

Default How did you decide when to maintain?

I know that for many people (including myself), just having a normal bmi is not the ultimate goal (if it were I would have stopped about 12 pounds ago ). My question is when did you decide to stop losing and start maintaining? Was it when you looked or felt a certain way, was it a more tangible goal, or was it something your body seemed to decide? As somebody currently trying to decide just this, I appreciate any and all feedback!
laurlaur429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #2  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Since I am not there yet, I couldn't answer for real. But what I think is that I'll maintain when I feel really good. I have been maintaining for the past 4 months because life took over for a bit. And I am at a weigth where I'll allow life to take over every now and then. But really maintaining would be once I know that not now nor in the near future will I pursue to lose any more weight.

And that moment to me will be once I feel like the flab is gone. When I feel like my body is nice and I feel good in it. That's not gonne depend ona number on the scale, and it's also not gonna mean to be as skinny as I can get, I think it's just gonna be when I look in the mirror and am pleased. For some people this might not work, because they might never be pleased. But I remember clearly how great I felt when I weighed 125lbs, and that wasnt super skinny but it was good for me still.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When I reached goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #4  
bellechat

S/C/G: 143/123/115

Height: 5'1

This is a good question that I currently am asking myself. Just lost 20 lbs on ID protein,,,,it was great but so restricted,,,,, so at this weight I'm a size 4, not gonna lie, I'd like to be a lil smaller, but for now it's most about maintaining....
bellechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

My goal was to lose enough weight that all my hard work in the gym was obvious. I wanted to be sleekly muscular. I also knew that what I see in the mirror is different from what I see in photos. So I used photographs to help me determine if I was getting too thin.

I love to eat, so I refuse to be at a weight that requires me to restrict a lot. At this weight I still eat more than a lot of women who are taller and weigh more.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-12-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote