Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #61  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm 10lbs lighter than I thought.

I don't know how to feel about this.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I'm 10lbs lighter than I thought.

I don't know how to feel about this.
If you liked how you looked before, what difference does it make? You're still well within the healthy weight range for someone your height.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #63  
Leveling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
If you liked how you looked before, what difference does it make? You're still well within the healthy weight range for someone your height.
I've done some reflecting since I found out. I'm trying to figure out if I was chasing a number on the scale or if I was going by how I looked.

I'm not really sure. I DO like how I look, but there are some days where I think I might be too thin, but I justified it by saying "well look, I'm still at the top of the healthy BMI range."

I'm not sure if I'm just in shock still or my mind hasn't caught up to my body. It wasn't too long ago that I was a size 14 and I was a size 18 at one point previously...now I can wear 1s.

I think I need a chance for my brain to catch up.

I never thought I could get down to 140, let alone the low 120s!

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

A lot of times people think they have a larger frame than they do when they are overweight. When you lose the weight, you discover you are a smaller person than you ever realized.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #65  

Height: 5'6

I can relate to that thinking that you still think you're a bit larger than you really are. I was shopping yesterday and the saleslady told me that I was "tiny" because she saw the dress I had purchased was in a size 2. For a minute, I honestly thought she was joking because I was thinking, "no way did she just call ME tiny". It still takes me by surprise because my brain definitely hasn't caught up yet, lol.

Last edited by fitmom; 01-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I'm still fairly ill, and still taking codeine quite a lot for pain, but the scale and measurements are finally on the move again, I am glad to announce. Also that peculiar attack of the munchies that went on for two weeks stopped once my period started (yes, I realise that for some women this is the norm, but for me it isn't), and I've been back to my usual calorie range. 104.2 as of this morning!
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #67  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

S- How crazy cool! Crazy because I bet it shocked the bejeezus out of you,and cool because the number truly doesn't matter...and you've already embraced that! I am super-jealous, mostly b/c I want your BMI. LOL Great job!

Esofia- Ugh..I'm sorry you are still struggling with the meds. I'm sure that really wreaks havoc on your metabolism.

Fitmom- LOL I am the same way still. Whenever I shop, I secretly feel like the salespeople can't believe I am a size XYZ, and are giving me looks. How crazy! Mostly it is just b/c I still have a very hard time grabbing clothes off the rack and accepting that they fit me!

I've been MIA for a week or so. We got anew puppy, so not a lot of spare time and sleep around here. We already have a very-well trained working dog, a German Shepherd. And we have a 7 month old Japanese Chin. My sister turned me onto the breed and now I am smitten. My hubby, too. So we drove out of state last weekend to pick up a baby girl for possible mating in a couple of years. Add in the chickens and two young boys and I am ZAPPED!

I've been trying SO HARD to get back to cooking. That was a huge change for me when I started to lose weight, leaving the dinners to my hubby, and relying heavily on sandwiches and mac-n-cheese for the kids. LOL I used to cook every meal, plus baked every day, but obviously I ate too much of it! It feels like it took forever to get here, where I am starting to meal plan again and cook 6 nights of the week. What has helped me is no longer cooking "whatever's clever". I can make something out of anything, and always kept a very well-stocked house, so I just decided on a daily basis what to cook. Now I am really planning out the 6 nights a week, making only things that we can all eat together. It's a little rough right now, getting into that routine and buying all my groceries at the beginning of the week, but I love how freeing it feels to know what dinner is coming and plan my calories accordingly.
I feel ginormously fat right now, and I can't figure out why. I haven't weighed myself naked in the a.m. for weeks, mostly b/c it is too dang cold. LOL But with clothes on at various points in the day I weigh in at 127-129, so I'm happy with that.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Oh Lord...lots of family drama these last few days plus a business trip and I've just wanted to eat and drink it all away! My weight is up a few pounds so that had me bummed - until my coworker called ME TINY!!! So I can definitely relate to the brain not catching up to the body!

Two strength training sessions this week has made me feel better. I just can't say enough about how exercise has such a positive effect on mood! Oh but sometimes I can't even talk myself into it, especially in these weeks of winter.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #69  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi all! I popped in at the beginning of this thread but have been off on a 4 week holiday since then. New York was a great place, as you told me it was! Wherever you are, you feel like you're in the right place. We were total tourists and did the Time Square thing for New Year and everything!
Add to that a few days with the family in UK and 12 days skiing in Colorado (Vail) and it's just been a fantastic christmas break.

I ate a lot of bad stuff but not super excessively, and i drank alcohol pretty much every day, but seemingly i haven't put on more than 2lb which i'm really happy and surprised about. We skiied pretty hard for about 6hr a day whilst we were there, but even still i'm still surprised i've not had to pay more for my excesses!! I've definitely gained fat and probably lost muscle but the number on the scales has a big influence on my psyche so therefore i'm happy anyway!!

So i'm dieting at the moment to get safely back to 119 (only 1lb away it seems) and then i'll be trying to maintain between 118-127 for the rest of the year -and preferably at the lower end of that range!!

Great to read all your updates whilst i was away - this has turned into a good thread!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #70  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjng View Post
I just can't say enough about how exercise has such a positive effect on mood! Oh but sometimes I can't even talk myself into it, especially in these weeks of winter.
DITTO!!!! I feel the same way. Exercise is such a pick-me-up, and I need it even more now in the depressing winter months, yet that is exactly what makes it so hard to go right now! I am working out about 3 times a week, sometimes 4, but it just doesn't feel like my usual routine. Sorry about the drama! I am an emtional eater, but my biggest weakness is lack of sleep. If I am super-tired, I just want to eat and eat to feel "energized". No amount of coffee helps, and right now with the puppy potty-training, I am a total wreck.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
DITTO!!!! I feel the same way. Exercise is such a pick-me-up, and I need it even more now in the depressing winter months, yet that is exactly what makes it so hard to go right now! I am working out about 3 times a week, sometimes 4, but it just doesn't feel like my usual routine. Sorry about the drama! I am an emtional eater, but my biggest weakness is lack of sleep. If I am super-tired, I just want to eat and eat to feel "energized". No amount of coffee helps, and right now with the puppy potty-training, I am a total wreck.
Yeah, I try to stay focused on the positive things going on in my life right now to keep me motivated. Despite small setbacks like temporary family drama I know this too shall pass. I am still in such a better frame of mind right now than I was a year ago. I'm healthier and all around just feel better.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #72  
Leveling Up

I agree with all of you ladies, exercise is amazing and makes you feel awesome! <3

My scale seems to be on the frtiz lately and I'm almost contemplating just not using it anymore. However, if I pay attention to where the needle starts, I can figure out my weight. I've been testing it with my 15lb dumbbell and it seems to still weigh extremely accurately...one just has to see how far the needle is from 0 and adjust accordingly (makes sense if you think about it).

With that in mind I've weighed in consistently at 119 two days in a row. I'm not sure if it's real or not and I don't really trust my scale or perhaps I'm in disbelief. I guess I'll have to see.

I think I might buy a new scale when I have the chance.

ChickieChicks - good luck with the new puppy!! I would love to see pictures of your dogs

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-21-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #73  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

exercise is important for me too, but because of the weather here, winter is the best time for exercise and that's when all the events/races etc are, and really it's summer when its stinking hot when i find it most difficult to exercise normally because its just too hard to cool down afterwards (no air conditioning at home)

Supposed to be summer at the moment, although you'd hardly know it. Raining and only around 75C today - good for running though! Just got back from a 10k-er.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I'll join. I was getting sucked into the mentality that I needed to go lower and lower, but I stopped and looked at myself and realized that I was chasing numbers and a perfect body that I wouldn't have. I needed to stop and look at what I had now. Maybe I'll lose another five pounds, maybe I won't. Either way I'm really happy with how I am right now.
That is just exactly how I feel right now.
I'm still wondering about those last pounds.
It is necessary, or if I get there I'll still want to be lower ?
Anyway, for school I need to elaborate a complete training program for myself and follow it for 8 weeks.
I need to train myself 2-5x per week.
It'll help for sure!
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #75  
Leveling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalo View Post
That is just exactly how I feel right now.
I'm still wondering about those last pounds.
It is necessary, or if I get there I'll still want to be lower ?
Anyway, for school I need to elaborate a complete training program for myself and follow it for 8 weeks.
I need to train myself 2-5x per week.
It'll help for sure!
I really find fitness goals to be helpful right now Before, I had the thrill of seeing the scale go lower for motivation. Now? I have the thrill of seeing that I can do a plank for a solid minute or that I can lift my 15lb hand weights with more easily than I could before...

I'm still not sure if I want to go lower or not, but these fitness goals have been really helpful for me. I can't just maintain or just stay here...I need something to keep me going.