Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'7"

Default New here and a bit nervous

Hello All--

I was looking for a weight loss support forum and came across this site. I am a 44 year old woman with two kids (11 and 13). Before kids, I was always very thin and could eat whatever I wanted. In my mid-20s, I weighed between 115 and 120. In my 30s, my food intake increased, primarily due to my pregnancies. My weight was still okay, but started to creep higher. Now that I'm in my 40s, I eat way too much and the weight has started to stay on. I'm at 150 pounds and would like to be at 125. A lot of my clothes no longer fit, and I don't want to buy new ones because that would be acknowledging that the weight is here to stay. Also, I recently had a picture appear in a local newspaper and I looked FAT!

Anyway, I decided that attempts to lose weight on my own weren't working, so I hired a personal trainer. We started on Tuesday. He seems pretty optimistic that I can lose the weight, but I'm scared that a failure now will be a serious psychological set back. So, I'll be checking in here periodically to keep the demons away and look for support.
AmyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #2  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

I am also 44 years old and I have a 13 yo and an 11 yo. I am a bit shorter than you, but my goal is similar if you factor that in. So glad to see you here;; this is a great web site for support.

Congrats on your commitment to a healthier you!
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hi ... I'm 54 and have been around 3FC for over 10 years now ... This forum has been for me a great source of motivation I'd be in much worse shape if it hadn't beenfor 3FC...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #4  

I'm new to ths part of the board too. I'm 55, and I weighed 145 in May when school let out for the summer. (I'm a teacher.) During the summer I swam every day and tried to follow the Mediterranean diet. By the end of September I was 129. But now the pool is closed, and I am at school from 6:30-5:00 most days, and by the start of November I was back up to 134.

I like to hang around the Chicks Up for a Challenge forum. But this place seems like a good place, too.

Annie in Texas
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome to the newbies and good luck !
Amy did your trainer tell you that 125 is on the low side of a healthy range for you ?Do you have a food plan to go along with your exercise ? Diet and exercise together will be most successful in the losing game.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Welcome to the newbies and good luck !
Amy did your trainer tell you that 125 is on the low side of a healthy range for you ?Do you have a food plan to go along with your exercise ? Diet and exercise together will be most successful in the losing game.
Yeah -- it is on the low side. Pre-kids I was there and even lighter. I have no idea what that weight would look like on me now. What I'm really after is taking weight off my middle -- where it just loves to go -- so that I can feel comfortable belting clothes and (gasp!) tucking in a shirt. Seeing an ab muscle here and there too might be nice.
AmyCO is offline   Reply With Quote