3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   October Feathers Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/244423-october-feathers-chat.html)

sontaikle 10-14-2011 09:39 AM

Ivonnely I have a lot of the same issues you're having, although we generally have dinner around 5:00 p.m. I also hate going to bed full of food though (and like you I have to get to bed early) so I'm dodging snack offers in the evening. I'm tired of hearing "well I bought this for you" when I refuse something. I didn't ask for it! Next time ask if you want to buy me food!

I've been obese since childhood too and my mother's been throwing hints that I should stop. I'm still considered overweight at this point (although barely so) and I'm not happy with my body yet. I worry about what will happen when I get down to 130, because I know if she thinks I'm too thin she WILL say so.

liliesinmycereal 10-14-2011 10:51 AM

I've been making like popcorn on the stove and I microwave stuff like steaming vegetables. I make spaghetti with ground meat. I need to make more green vegetable based meals. I like eating tuna straight from the can or mixed with like one or two ingredients. The weeks where I eat tuna a lot and vegetables are usually the weeks I lose the most. Lately I've been eating a lot of Subway and Panda Express to get this weird dizziness that I've had for like 3 weeks to go away but eating doesn't help it.

krampus 10-14-2011 02:03 PM

OK how is this possible? Was a bloated 140 on Monday morning. Drank last night and didn't eat much, woke up and was 133 this morning. 7 lbs in 5 days is pretty ridiculous but I can actually see it and feel it all over. It's insane how just a few days of eating well can change the way I see myself. I won't complain! :D My goal of 132 by November 11 suddenly seems too easy. I was 125 around Christmas last year. Maybe I can get there this year, too...it all suddenly seems so doable!

Last night was a really good night that proved I can control myself when alcohol is around. I went out for wing fries (French fries soaked in buffalo wing sauce served with bleu cheese dressing) with a friend and managed to only have 10-15 (maybe 1/6 of the serving). Ended up doing some bar hopping and had a few drinks, but mostly avoided the temptation of drunk eating/impaired judgment. I had a couple tomato slices in vinaigrette and a tiny piece of fresh mozzarella cheese - hardly the 2-3 New York pizza slices I normally end up regretting.

So far my "Octskinny" (taken from "Octsober") is going well :)

Ivonnely WOW GIRL!!! You are totally "Asian skinny" and have come so far. I'm inspired, awe-struck and jealous. Sorry your mom isn't being supportive, the competition between mother and daughter about weight loss/body image is messed up. I hope you can compromise with her without regaining weight and feeling bad. Get well soon!

liliesinmycereal When you have canned tuna, what sides do you have with it? I was thinking about doing that for lunch today but ended up going with salad instead.

philana Welcome back! Good to see you around here again.

sontaikie I hope your mother can see how happy you are with your progress and just be happy for you rather than pushing food!

liliesinmycereal 10-14-2011 02:15 PM

I eat fruits and vegetables when I eat canned tuna. I used to love taking those premade seasoned lemon pepper tuna with the crackers thing to work. It's a bit costly compared to a regular can of tuna but for my laziness it works out when it's on sale. I like apples, pears, and grapes the best for fruit. I like pre-cut celery, mushrooms, and broccoli the best for vegetables.

pinkrunner115 10-14-2011 03:36 PM

Ivonnely, that seriously sucks that your mom isn't supportive. Mine is somewhat similar. She doesn't believe I need to lose any weight, but fortunately I live 4,000 miles away from any of my family so I don't really have to deal with any judgement. At the same time, no one gets pissy with me for any of it so I don't have much to complain about. The only thing I can say is that you have to do what YOU want to do, and as long as you're not unhealthy (which it seems to me that you're not) then no one has a right to tell you how to be.

My husband always tells me I don't need to lose any weight, but he would never make negative comments if I do. He knows being in good shape is important to me. Everyone has their own comfort level in regards to weight, and as such no one has a right to judge anyone else. I might decide to stop at 122 and be fine, someone else my height may not be satisfied until 112. Nothing wrong with that, and we should all respect everyone else's goals unless they are 6'0" and want to be something crazy like 90 pounds.

Sorry for the rant, but it seems to me that there is so much criticism on all ends of the spectrum: people are too large, too small, incorrect goals, etc. We're not all the same, and the fact that some people want to mold others into what THEY want is ridiculous. Women already have it so rough in regards to weight, the last thing we all need is to be judged on trying to improve ourselves. I hope everyone here gets the support they need, even when others in their life aren't supporting them at all.

Dorian5 10-15-2011 08:59 AM

Hi everyone! Today is my birthday, and I've been extra good this week. I set a goal for 120lbs today, I just clocked in at 119.8lbs. WOW. I'm thrilled to see that middle number be a 1, I can't even tell you. But... today is filled with birthday dinners and drinking, and this weekend the state fair is in town with all of their fried food (we'll fry anything here, haha, cheeseburgers, honey buns, twinkies, candy bars, bacon...) So it might be a while until I see 119 looking up at me again. BUT it's okay, it's a journey, and I am going to enjoy my birthday. :)

Ivonnely I am very sorry to hear about the struggles with your mother, she should only be supportive of you. You look incredible at any rate! Try to block out the negativity from her. :hug:

bargoo 10-15-2011 09:44 AM

Happy Birthday , Dorian ! Congratulations on a great loss !

OhThePlaces 10-15-2011 10:57 AM

Happy birthday Dorian! Enjoy the celebrations and fried food! I've always wanted to try a fried something or other at the fair. :)

LisaTcan 10-15-2011 01:03 PM

Happy Birthday Dorian!!

Dorian, Ivonnely and Krumpus on the loss!! Good for u!

LisaTcan 10-15-2011 01:37 PM

Krampus** opps!

Ps..went out to a bar last night with friends unexpectedly, I was really good...had 2 vodka sodas, like 10 fries and 3 chicken wings. But that still added up to 600 calories and I ended up
at 1600 for the day! Ugh..this is why I'm not losing. I can't seem to keep my calories at 1200 and still have a social life.

ann71 10-15-2011 02:11 PM

Ivonnely: Are you not eating dinner at all? Or just not your mom's late dinner? Your goal of "until satisfied" worries me a bit. I don't know you, of course, and your photos have bulky clothes so it's hard to see your size, which at any rate looks tiny. Don't mean to be judgmental at all, but there are some red flags for me. Be careful.

Dorian: happy birthday!

philana: nice to see you posting again.

My eating has been much better lately, and my exercise continues to go great. I'm biking downtown to my niece's soccer game this afternoon, if I can find a good safe path. I think I'll be able to.

Ivonnely 10-16-2011 10:42 AM

Time to check in ;)

I spent the whole Saturday and Friday being sick and miserable but thankfully today I felt better. I haven't been eating well because of the flu but yesterday I had a very nutritious lunch and I passed out before getting to dinner ;(

This week I am going to focus on adding more calories and healthy food and just focusing on getting better.

Scale clocked in today at 116.

ann71: No problem ;) I always eat my "dinner" around 4:00pm because I go to bed at 9:00. I don't sleep well with food in my stomach ;( I guess I don't have a set goal because I just want to work on toning my body instead of completely weight loss.

LisaTcan: Those bars!! I am kinda jealous though. All my friends moved away from me so I literally have no where to go >.< Halloween is coming up and I have a really cute and awesome costume that I don't even know where I can wear it >.<

Dorian5: Happy belated birthday <3 Hope you have a great one this year!!

pinkrunner115: I am so thankful you understand <3 My mom have been nailing me around and her friends all support her by saying how ridiculously skinny I am. In all honesty, I have smaller bone but a HUGE ribcage, hence resulting a really wide waist. At 116 I have a 27inch waist =_= I am working on toning my body but I still have a pouch on my stomach that I really want to see gone ;P

krampus: Grats on your success and you will definitely get to 125 again ;) Thanks about the Asian skinny comment, LOL, but I still stand out quite much because all of my Asian classmates are like 80-90lbs and 5"0 >"< Those tiny genes!! Why didn't I get them!

LisaTcan 10-16-2011 11:23 AM

Ivonnely - Yeah I bet at your weight toning and weight training are the way to go.
Sorry to hear all your friends have moved away! I'm planning on moving to Washington
with my boyfriend next summer and I'm really not looking forward to leaving all my friends.

I'm away for the weekend with friends and I ate 2000 calories yesterday even after
not eating dessert and only having 2 drinks! Ugh..aiming for low cals this week.

krampus 10-17-2011 04:00 PM

Hey all. I'm up a couple lbs from Friday's low weigh-in, but still 4 lbs lighter than I was one week ago. Weekend was messy - ate too much yesterday, drinking Saturday night, but still WAY less than I would have done were I not thinking about it.

Today should be a good eating/moving day - 3.5 mile walk, an hour of raking leaves, and I'm leaving in a bit to go on a mini-hike with a friend. He went to a "hot dog party" yesterday so I imagine he'll want a light dinner, so that bullet's dodged.

Alexistrophic 10-17-2011 11:06 PM

Hello feathers!
Hoping it's OK that I jump in (past) mid-month. Have got about 20-30 lbs to lose and it's tricky with the holidays coming up. Need all the support I can get and I'm hoping to be able to give some love, too.

Second day at a week-long temporary admin placement tomorrow. Gots to be up by 6AM. Oy. Trying to decide what to bring for lunch... Salmon plus a giant tub of romaine sounds good....