3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   October Feathers Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/244423-october-feathers-chat.html)

Dorian5 10-12-2011 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm slowly getting over this virus or whatever the heck it is, now I'm just drippy. Gross!

I had a food victory last night -- My boyfriend and I went to Chili's. I had a beer, a small handful of chips and salsa, and then I ordered the chicken fajitas and just had the chicken and veggies, no tortillas or guac or cheese or sour cream. I clocked in at 1350 calories for the day yesterday. I was so proud of myself! Sodium was out of this world, so the scale didn't go down, but I know I did well. :)

krampus - apple picking sounds like so much fun! Sex had better be an exercise, otherwise I'm not getting any exercise at all lately. :lol: And I LOVE your new picture, you are just so freakin' gorgeous. :whoo:

LisaTcan - Glad you're feeling better as well! Boyfriends make healthy eating harder, don't they? :lol: Mmm, I love quinoa, yum!

Ivonnely - Hot yoga is serious business, I'm impressed with you AND your mom! Congrats on 199, that's fantastic!!

Keep it up, everyone!

pinkrunner115 10-12-2011 02:24 PM

Hey guys! I totally second what Krampus said about losing weight by eating not so well on the weekends, and really well during the week. That worked for me too. Yesterday I ate really well, and the end total for the day was 1300 calories. Usually I don't go that low, but the day before I ate like crap so...at least it kind of balanced out. I'm hoping to continue that. I ate two eggs and a little wheat cereal for breakfast (350 calories total) and I'm hoping to continue on that trend for the rest of the day (i.e. eating well).

Dorian, nice work! When I eat out I usually just say to heck with it and eat what I want, even though that's not a wise thing to do.

Ivonnely, way to go! 119?! Can't wait to see that number myself one day!

Lisa, I know what you mean about eating not so well when you're with a guy. I am totally more likely to eat better if I'm not around my husband....but that doesn't make much sense since he doesn't go crazy over sweets like I do. I think when I'm around him I'm happier and more optimistic so I think, "hey, eating <insert crappy food here> won't hurt me!".

Krampus, nice work on the calories. And I think that even if you had gone wild eating apples, it probably wouldn't do you any harm :0)

LisaTcan 10-13-2011 10:06 AM

Yeah weekends kill me, I can generally stick to my plan on the week days but I always end up going over with brunch and dinners and drinks on the weekends!

Ivonnely - congrats on getting down to 119, that's amazing!! I can't even image seeing that number.

Dorian - Impressive dinner out that's always tough!

Pink Runner - Yeah, I always am more relaxed and content when he's home so I just kinda go for it.
Really going to try to get back on track though.

Krampus - beautiful new picture!

philana 10-13-2011 05:29 PM

Hi Girls!

Just comitting to being back again! I've basically "fell off the wagon" for the past month due to college and other stress. Thankfully I've not gained any weight. But have to totally start watching my nutrients again (been eating so many carbs, it cant be healthy!) and get to excersising again.

Will catch up later! Hope you girls are well.

x

Ivonnely 10-14-2011 10:29 AM

Sorry about the broken English, virus is driving me dizzy.

A little update: Scale clocked in today at 116.6. I didn't want to believe it so I just put down 117 instead, lol. I've been seriously sick..no appetite at all and just running nose and miserable all day. I haven't had anything solid for 2 days because of my illness but I try to drink as much water as I can and eat plenty of fruit.

I have a question for your girls who have unsupportive family members. I go to bed at 9:00-9:30 everyday because I have to wake up early for work and school so I don't want to eat anything after 4pm. My mom always makes dinner right around 7:30 and I HATE the feeling of going to bed with a stomach full of food. I haven't been eating her dinner and she got very very upset with me. She have been telling me to stop dieting since I hit 130, she said I look sick and need to gain 10 pounds. Ever since I got to the 110s she's been nailing me around, getting upset with me everytime she sees me and tells me I look like a walking skeleton. I don't plan on harsh dieting since I am happy at where I am but I just don't want to suddenly eat like a pig so I can gain back all the weight I tried so hard to lose. I can't communicate with her because everytime I try to, she ends the conversation by saying "You never listen to me!" I am really torn and I just want my family to enjoy the new me.

I've been obese ever since childhood so I think she is used to the image of me being fat and used to the idea of always weighing less than me, she have been extremely unsuccessful in her dieting.Do you guys think it has anything to do with her attitude towards me?

----------------

Dorian5: GRATS on the victory in chilli's ;) I know whenever I see their commercial back when I was in the states, I always drool a little.

LisaTcan
: I really dread the weekend as well. My mom ALWAYS try to sabotage me by either being extremely pissed at me for not eating or bring us out to restaurant then get extremely pissed at me for ordering a salad.

krampus
: You look BEAUTIFUL! I love your new profile picture <3

philana: WELCOME BACK!!! *girl hug*

BTW some pictures to share with you all <3
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_0553.jpghttp://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_0554.jpg

sontaikle 10-14-2011 10:39 AM

Ivonnely I have a lot of the same issues you're having, although we generally have dinner around 5:00 p.m. I also hate going to bed full of food though (and like you I have to get to bed early) so I'm dodging snack offers in the evening. I'm tired of hearing "well I bought this for you" when I refuse something. I didn't ask for it! Next time ask if you want to buy me food!

I've been obese since childhood too and my mother's been throwing hints that I should stop. I'm still considered overweight at this point (although barely so) and I'm not happy with my body yet. I worry about what will happen when I get down to 130, because I know if she thinks I'm too thin she WILL say so.

liliesinmycereal 10-14-2011 11:51 AM

I've been making like popcorn on the stove and I microwave stuff like steaming vegetables. I make spaghetti with ground meat. I need to make more green vegetable based meals. I like eating tuna straight from the can or mixed with like one or two ingredients. The weeks where I eat tuna a lot and vegetables are usually the weeks I lose the most. Lately I've been eating a lot of Subway and Panda Express to get this weird dizziness that I've had for like 3 weeks to go away but eating doesn't help it.

krampus 10-14-2011 03:03 PM

OK how is this possible? Was a bloated 140 on Monday morning. Drank last night and didn't eat much, woke up and was 133 this morning. 7 lbs in 5 days is pretty ridiculous but I can actually see it and feel it all over. It's insane how just a few days of eating well can change the way I see myself. I won't complain! :D My goal of 132 by November 11 suddenly seems too easy. I was 125 around Christmas last year. Maybe I can get there this year, too...it all suddenly seems so doable!

Last night was a really good night that proved I can control myself when alcohol is around. I went out for wing fries (French fries soaked in buffalo wing sauce served with bleu cheese dressing) with a friend and managed to only have 10-15 (maybe 1/6 of the serving). Ended up doing some bar hopping and had a few drinks, but mostly avoided the temptation of drunk eating/impaired judgment. I had a couple tomato slices in vinaigrette and a tiny piece of fresh mozzarella cheese - hardly the 2-3 New York pizza slices I normally end up regretting.

So far my "Octskinny" (taken from "Octsober") is going well :)

Ivonnely WOW GIRL!!! You are totally "Asian skinny" and have come so far. I'm inspired, awe-struck and jealous. Sorry your mom isn't being supportive, the competition between mother and daughter about weight loss/body image is messed up. I hope you can compromise with her without regaining weight and feeling bad. Get well soon!

liliesinmycereal When you have canned tuna, what sides do you have with it? I was thinking about doing that for lunch today but ended up going with salad instead.

philana Welcome back! Good to see you around here again.

sontaikie I hope your mother can see how happy you are with your progress and just be happy for you rather than pushing food!

liliesinmycereal 10-14-2011 03:15 PM

I eat fruits and vegetables when I eat canned tuna. I used to love taking those premade seasoned lemon pepper tuna with the crackers thing to work. It's a bit costly compared to a regular can of tuna but for my laziness it works out when it's on sale. I like apples, pears, and grapes the best for fruit. I like pre-cut celery, mushrooms, and broccoli the best for vegetables.

pinkrunner115 10-14-2011 04:36 PM

Ivonnely, that seriously sucks that your mom isn't supportive. Mine is somewhat similar. She doesn't believe I need to lose any weight, but fortunately I live 4,000 miles away from any of my family so I don't really have to deal with any judgement. At the same time, no one gets pissy with me for any of it so I don't have much to complain about. The only thing I can say is that you have to do what YOU want to do, and as long as you're not unhealthy (which it seems to me that you're not) then no one has a right to tell you how to be.

My husband always tells me I don't need to lose any weight, but he would never make negative comments if I do. He knows being in good shape is important to me. Everyone has their own comfort level in regards to weight, and as such no one has a right to judge anyone else. I might decide to stop at 122 and be fine, someone else my height may not be satisfied until 112. Nothing wrong with that, and we should all respect everyone else's goals unless they are 6'0" and want to be something crazy like 90 pounds.

Sorry for the rant, but it seems to me that there is so much criticism on all ends of the spectrum: people are too large, too small, incorrect goals, etc. We're not all the same, and the fact that some people want to mold others into what THEY want is ridiculous. Women already have it so rough in regards to weight, the last thing we all need is to be judged on trying to improve ourselves. I hope everyone here gets the support they need, even when others in their life aren't supporting them at all.

Dorian5 10-15-2011 09:59 AM

Hi everyone! Today is my birthday, and I've been extra good this week. I set a goal for 120lbs today, I just clocked in at 119.8lbs. WOW. I'm thrilled to see that middle number be a 1, I can't even tell you. But... today is filled with birthday dinners and drinking, and this weekend the state fair is in town with all of their fried food (we'll fry anything here, haha, cheeseburgers, honey buns, twinkies, candy bars, bacon...) So it might be a while until I see 119 looking up at me again. BUT it's okay, it's a journey, and I am going to enjoy my birthday. :)

Ivonnely I am very sorry to hear about the struggles with your mother, she should only be supportive of you. You look incredible at any rate! Try to block out the negativity from her. :hug:

bargoo 10-15-2011 10:44 AM

Happy Birthday , Dorian ! Congratulations on a great loss !

OhThePlaces 10-15-2011 11:57 AM

Happy birthday Dorian! Enjoy the celebrations and fried food! I've always wanted to try a fried something or other at the fair. :)

LisaTcan 10-15-2011 02:03 PM

Happy Birthday Dorian!!

Dorian, Ivonnely and Krumpus on the loss!! Good for u!

LisaTcan 10-15-2011 02:37 PM

Krampus** opps!

Ps..went out to a bar last night with friends unexpectedly, I was really good...had 2 vodka sodas, like 10 fries and 3 chicken wings. But that still added up to 600 calories and I ended up
at 1600 for the day! Ugh..this is why I'm not losing. I can't seem to keep my calories at 1200 and still have a social life.

ann71 10-15-2011 03:11 PM

Ivonnely: Are you not eating dinner at all? Or just not your mom's late dinner? Your goal of "until satisfied" worries me a bit. I don't know you, of course, and your photos have bulky clothes so it's hard to see your size, which at any rate looks tiny. Don't mean to be judgmental at all, but there are some red flags for me. Be careful.

Dorian: happy birthday!

philana: nice to see you posting again.

My eating has been much better lately, and my exercise continues to go great. I'm biking downtown to my niece's soccer game this afternoon, if I can find a good safe path. I think I'll be able to.

Ivonnely 10-16-2011 11:42 AM

Time to check in ;)

I spent the whole Saturday and Friday being sick and miserable but thankfully today I felt better. I haven't been eating well because of the flu but yesterday I had a very nutritious lunch and I passed out before getting to dinner ;(

This week I am going to focus on adding more calories and healthy food and just focusing on getting better.

Scale clocked in today at 116.

ann71: No problem ;) I always eat my "dinner" around 4:00pm because I go to bed at 9:00. I don't sleep well with food in my stomach ;( I guess I don't have a set goal because I just want to work on toning my body instead of completely weight loss.

LisaTcan: Those bars!! I am kinda jealous though. All my friends moved away from me so I literally have no where to go >.< Halloween is coming up and I have a really cute and awesome costume that I don't even know where I can wear it >.<

Dorian5: Happy belated birthday <3 Hope you have a great one this year!!

pinkrunner115: I am so thankful you understand <3 My mom have been nailing me around and her friends all support her by saying how ridiculously skinny I am. In all honesty, I have smaller bone but a HUGE ribcage, hence resulting a really wide waist. At 116 I have a 27inch waist =_= I am working on toning my body but I still have a pouch on my stomach that I really want to see gone ;P

krampus: Grats on your success and you will definitely get to 125 again ;) Thanks about the Asian skinny comment, LOL, but I still stand out quite much because all of my Asian classmates are like 80-90lbs and 5"0 >"< Those tiny genes!! Why didn't I get them!

LisaTcan 10-16-2011 12:23 PM

Ivonnely - Yeah I bet at your weight toning and weight training are the way to go.
Sorry to hear all your friends have moved away! I'm planning on moving to Washington
with my boyfriend next summer and I'm really not looking forward to leaving all my friends.

I'm away for the weekend with friends and I ate 2000 calories yesterday even after
not eating dessert and only having 2 drinks! Ugh..aiming for low cals this week.

krampus 10-17-2011 05:00 PM

Hey all. I'm up a couple lbs from Friday's low weigh-in, but still 4 lbs lighter than I was one week ago. Weekend was messy - ate too much yesterday, drinking Saturday night, but still WAY less than I would have done were I not thinking about it.

Today should be a good eating/moving day - 3.5 mile walk, an hour of raking leaves, and I'm leaving in a bit to go on a mini-hike with a friend. He went to a "hot dog party" yesterday so I imagine he'll want a light dinner, so that bullet's dodged.

Alexistrophic 10-18-2011 12:06 AM

Hello feathers!
Hoping it's OK that I jump in (past) mid-month. Have got about 20-30 lbs to lose and it's tricky with the holidays coming up. Need all the support I can get and I'm hoping to be able to give some love, too.

Second day at a week-long temporary admin placement tomorrow. Gots to be up by 6AM. Oy. Trying to decide what to bring for lunch... Salmon plus a giant tub of romaine sounds good....

pinkrunner115 10-18-2011 05:09 PM

Welcome Alexis! This is a good board, I'm sure you'll find the support you need.

Guys, it looks like I've got the job that I wanted. Official word comes on Thursday, but I've gotten some calls about training so I think it's probably a done deal. This means I have to live apart from my husband for a few months until he can get out there to me...and I'm having a rough time with it. I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't do it. I don't know. I think it will make things easier if I have something to focus on while I'm away, and a really good goal would be perhaps to try to get to my goal weight while we're apart. I'm a stress non-eater, plus I'll be busy and living alone, so maybe that will make things a little bit easier to do.

I need to alter my signature... I won't make it to my goal weight in two weeks, plus I think I might just go for an even 120 since I found out I'm half an inch taller than I originally thought.

LisaTcan 10-18-2011 09:08 PM

Pinkrunner115 - Congrats on the job!! That's so exciting. If it's only a few months and you know your husband with be able to follow I'd say go for it. My long-term boyfriend had to move away last Jan. for a really great opportunity. It's been tough but we've made it work. I won't even be moving to join him until July.
I think it will be way easier to reach your goal, you can get into a good routine with diet and exercise.

Welcome Alexis! A friendly bunch here :)

I've had two days on track staying under 1400 cal after a not great weekend. Hoping I can do well the rest of the week and drop a bit by my way in on Friday.

Alexistrophic 10-19-2011 01:06 AM

Pinkrunner~ Congrats on that job!!! Sounds like pre-move jitters talking, but if hubs can move over soon, then I'd say take it and more power to you! Be sure to take care of yourself while you're apart, though.

LisaTcan~ It does seem to be easier during the week, right? Two days in a row on track is super!!! Well done, you.

~~~
Feeling the signs of TOM coming on... Ugh. Just trying to prepare myself not to be shocked by the number on the scale. Have been doing fairly well when it comes to cals... Exercise, not so much, but hopefully a moderate intake will still allow me some loss...

Ivonnely 10-19-2011 10:20 AM

Welcome new people ^_^

Time to clock in.

I took a MIA again and my flu is basically gone today morning but my throat is still really bad.I haven't been able to consume much food, I'd throw up everytime I eat more. I really hope this gets better in the next week. I've been feeling so tired, fatigued and just generally exhausted. I missed school 2 days and work 1 day.

Going to try to eat more today, hopefully it stays down.

Scale said 51kg.

Edit:

Something really terrible happened yesterday. I was really sick for the past few days so my body were just completely burnt out. I fainted last night near the stairs but I woke up as soon I hit my head on the floor. It was such horrible pain. I remember my first reaction was to cry and my brother called my mom to help me. She came downstairs and just started yelling at me. She said how I am so irresponsible for not taking care of myself and losing way more weight than I should. She said I will get too sick and she will have to spend too much money on medical bills.

It sucked, SO BAD, when I was so scared and helpless to have the only person who suppose to care and love you yelling at you and just letting you lay on the floor not even showing any sign of concern. I was really heartbroken and just felt so unwanted. Though she has always been this way growing up so I am glad she didn't take the opportunity to kick me while I was down.

Sorry about the rant girls ;( I really don't have anyone I can talk to and recently I just felt so depressed.

krampus 10-19-2011 11:42 AM

132 this morning - the top of my "this is OK" range. Happy about that!

Final step in the on-boarding process for the company is in 20 minutes - a Japanese language evaluation over the phone. Not entirely unrelated (if I get hired I am definitely rocking the red dress), I saw this article this morning and found it interesting:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/7/...ture+Red+Dress

Ivonnely I'm so, so sorry your mother is treating you so badly! Doesn't she realize you're fainting because you have the FLU? Ugh, I hope you feel well enough to eat and go to school/work soon. :(

Alexistrophic Sounds like you're in a good losing groove, just keep doing that and you WILL see the numbers go down! Happy TOM!

pinkrunner115 Only you can decide what will be the best option for you...I'm not sure what to think about the whole "maybe I'll be too stressed to eat and I'll lose weight" thing? Either way I hope whatever you decide makes you happy.

liliesinmycereal 10-19-2011 12:57 PM

Finally losing weight again! Broccoli and tuna does work for me.. I think it's all the fiber. Hopefully I will feel like a real feather soon!

Ivonnely: aw man... i'm sorry to hear that you had a bad flu like mine... my students were starting to say the same reasoning...

LisaTcan 10-19-2011 02:21 PM

Ivonnely- No wonder you fainted! You have the flu! I'm sorry your mom is being mean, maybe shes just concerned? I hope you feel better soon. I have the flu a couple weeks ago, it was terrible. 112! We're the same height but I can't imagine being so thin.

liliesinmycereal - congrats on the weight loss!! You can do it!!

Alexis - Sooo much easier during the week! My boyfriends is away for 3 weeks now and I'm in the middle of GRE's and grad school applications so I'll be to busy to leave my apartment! Hopefully this will make it easier to lose.

pinkrunner115 10-19-2011 03:58 PM

Ivonnely, I'm so sorry that happened. You're sick, of course weight loss will happen, as will dehydration, so your mom saying that you're not taking care of yourself is insensitive. I hope it gets better :(

Liles, I think fiber is great too, high fiber cereal is usually part of breakfast for me. Congrats on seeing the scale moving!

Krampus, that's awesome! I think the weight you were at before was "fake weight gain", just bloat and not real fat. Oh, and I realize my "stress non-eater" words sounded worse than I intended. I always eat properly, but when I'm stressed I'm not as obsessed at eating a whole bunch of bad for me snacks like cake and candy. I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sometimes snacks, but I don't have that ravenous sweets monster lurking in me. :0)

Hope everyone has a great day. Krampus, hope that evaluation went well!

sontaikle 10-19-2011 04:04 PM

Hello Feathers! Never properly said hi before jumping in the chat, so here I am! Getting close to goal so I thought this was the place to go :) The scale was bouncing around between 146 and 145 today, so I'm hoping to see some downward movement soon! I'm also not sure if 130 is going to be my ultimate goal. It might be lower or higher depending on what I think about my body.

krampus - Good luck! hope you get to rock that red dress!

Ivonnely - Feel better! I know what you're going through unfortunately. I've been there before and passed out on the floor (though not due to the flu). I remember barely being able to breathe one time and having to beg my mom to take me to the doctor because I was too weak to do it on my own. I don't have health insurance, so she didn't want to take me because it would cost a lot of money :/ I wound up having to go to the hospital because we waited so long.

I really hope you get better soon! I hope your mother also comes around.

Alexistrophic 10-20-2011 02:18 PM

Krampus ~ SO Cool about the new job!!!! Are you working for an airline??? And super competitive, too. I taught abroad in South Korea for 2.5 years (awesome experience) and can relate to the wanderlust feeling.

lilies ~ Broc+tuna = good combo. :thup: You DESERVE your feather title!

LisaTcan ~ Busy can be good! Remember to take care of yourself, though.

pinkrunner ~ Lucky about the stress NON eater thing... Did you decide to take the job after all?

sontaikle ~ Welcome!!! Sounds like you deserve the feather title, too!

~~~
Just went for a walk to Target on my lunch break. Beautiful fall weather is making it easier to get up and out. Even though I was up this morning (154.8) Am aiming to be at 152 by Monday. A strict 1200 per day, 10,000 steps, 100+ oz H20, 8PM cut off and we'll see what happens... Just gonna keep my head down and do what I know has worked before...

ann71 10-20-2011 02:24 PM

Ivonnely, that must have been scary. I hope you're feeling better!

Yesterday I came down with a cold. I felt bad last night and didn't sleep well. I called in sick to work, but now I feel pretty okay. I hate that- I always feel guilty. I'm sure I'm contagious right now, though, so it's probably better that I'm at home.

We have a few people at work who seem proud that they never take sick days, but they come in hacking and sneezing a couple of times a year. Ugh, stay home!

Anyway, I think my weight is a little lower- pants are fitting better. But I haven't weighed in a few weeks. Maybe next Monday.

Alexistrophic 10-21-2011 10:05 AM

Ann~ Love that feeling of pants fitting!!! Feels SO GOOD. Now the challenge is to remember that good feeling BEFORE I start shoving cupcakes into my gob.

~~~
Down a bit this morning. Had around 1600 cals last night, but went for a run, which was a welcome improvement. Hoping to keep the motivation up for the weekend!

sontaikle 10-21-2011 11:58 AM

I forgot how much fun it was going shopping at the thrift store. I went there to pick up pants for my costume (and I found the hat I needed too, so it's done!). I decided to look around for some cheaper pants since I have only two pairs of jeans that fit properly at this point.

I tried on a bunch of 8s. They were big (what?) and the 6s fit! :cheer: I didn't buy any because I didn't like how they looked on me, but they fit! I DID buy a pair of Charlotte Russe Jeans skinny jeans for $7 that were brand new (in an 8 though) and they fit awesome. I was rocking those yesterday, haha.

There were some nice skirts in 6s that I also tried on and that fit me, but I didn't quite like the length. I was kind of bummed that I didn't walk out of there with a 6, but at least I know I fit into all of them

Alexistrophic 10-21-2011 12:10 PM

sontaikle~ Thrift stores are the bomb! Today, I'm wearing a North Face fleece jacket that I got for $2!

LisaTcan 10-21-2011 01:05 PM

I love thrift store shopping! Congrats on the size 6 sontaikle.

Alexis - congrats on being down!!

I ate between 1200 and 1600 all week and my scale still didn't budge! I'm super frustrated!
I ate an almond croissant for breakfast..figured I might as well! Ugh, going to try and stay under 1300 this week and see if that works.

krampus 10-21-2011 03:46 PM

Aw man. I failed the language test so no job. Oh well. Eating is under control.

ann71 10-21-2011 04:02 PM

Aww, Krampus,
That sucks.

I have a cold, and I am so crabby today. I'm doing some work from home, and I shouldn't, because it's stressing me out, but not doing it and having work pile up is stressing me out more. There's only one piece of my job that's stressful, but I'm right in the middle of it, and that will last through November. Urk.

Alexistrophic 10-21-2011 04:08 PM

Lisa ~ I hate counting cals for just that reason. If I stay low then I "expect" a loss and it's frustrating when I'm making sacrifices and nothing happens. Hang in there! I know it doesn't help, but at least you didn't gain.

(((((Krampus)))))) Bummer about the job. If it makes you feel any better, I failed a transcription test AND a computer skills test. For the transcriber test, I was looking for a part-time job that I could do remotely and thought that transcription would be ideal... also thought it would be a walk in the park... ummm, not so much. Got the e-mail telling me "thanks, but no thanks" too many mistakes. That was a bit devastating. Failed the computer skills test when I went to sign up for a temp agency. I was all psyched to be interviewing with them and spent all my time researching their history and the companies they worked with. Went in to take the test, thought I did fine, but the woman came back with that look on her face, took me into a private room and said "I'm sorry, but you're test scores were lower than our typical candidates scores. Here's the name of another agency, though." Ummm, yeah. Is that the agency for people with no computer skills? I plead my case, told her that this wasn't typical of me, and asked her if there was anything I could do to improve my skills. She gave me some tutorials and they actually really helped. Ended up interviewing with another agency (not the second-rate one she offered me) and did markedly better. Moral of the story: plenty more opportunities out there. Sorry for the book length response, but just wanted to let you know that I've been there, too.

Alexistrophic 10-21-2011 04:08 PM

Ann~ Yuck to not feeling well. Double yuck to work stress... What kind of work do you do?

LisaTcan 10-21-2011 04:20 PM

So sorry to hear about the job woes Alexis and Krampus :( bad times.
Feel better Ann. I was sick 2 weeks ago, it was awful..

Today is going OK - I have 3 hours of teaching down and 5 to go.
I'm going to try to make it to the gym tonight, my boyfriends going out
so I might as well.

Lisa