3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   September Feather Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/242353-september-feather-chat.html)

Magalo 09-14-2011 09:33 PM

My weight is yo-yo-ing.
It got up to 105.something, now back to 104.4. I want to see 103 again, as it is my next sunday goal. I'm aiming for half a pound per week, that's really slow haha.

ann71 09-15-2011 01:33 AM

yes, indeed, Claire, cheetos:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...aw/cheetos.jpg

I used to work for the Environmental Protection Agency. A colleague of mine told me about the day she inspected a cheetos factory. There was an enormous vat of fluorescent orange "cheese." That image has always scared me a bit. But I do love them even so.

All that walking sounds great. Is it raining there these days or is summer hanging on?

Sorry about your breakup krampus. Sounds like the right decision for you, though.

I continue to muddle along. At some point motivation will kick back in, but it hasn't quite yet. Still exercising okay at least.

Dorian5 09-15-2011 08:48 AM

Pried off the weekend water weight, I clocked in at 122.8 this morning. Which is awesome, I'm glad to see that I am under 125.

However, tonight will be difficult as the boyfriend's employer is taking all of his employees (and their significant others) to a super fancy steak house (like, $100-bucks-a-person fancy...) So I'm taking it easy this morning with a protein shake and having a smoothie for lunch and figure I'll tally today's weigh in as my weekly one since tomorrow the scale will be angry. :p

I'll also do my best to make good choices there, but still enjoy what I'm having. :)

---

krampus - I hope you're feeling better, it sucks when a relationship ends and it's hard on both parties. I read your other thread and glad to find that you made the right choice for YOU. :hug:

claire0412 - I am definitely going to stay good this weekend! If nothing else, at least try my hand an maintenance calories, although I'd really like to stay at 1300 both days. Only I can make it happen. :)

OhThePlaces - That damn pumpkin spice gets me every time! I feel like I have to order as many of them as I can before they're gone again! Sorry to hear about the frustrating fluctuations, but I'm sure you'll have a drop here soon -- that's usually how it works.

skinnyelle39 - Thanks for the motivation -- I've been around 123 for two months now (literally!) -- I am so ready to get down to goal, especially with all the things I wanna look good for in October! I'm stoked to hear that you've lost 6 pounds! You're having a great month!

Keep it up everyone!

claire0412 09-15-2011 05:07 PM

Ohtheplaces I love those other Dr Seuss books too. I can't wait until I have my own class/own children so I can impart my Dr Seuss enthusiasm. I also love Julia Donaldson (Gruffalo, Room on the Broom etc) Try them when he's a bit older :)

Krampus I've been where you are now, being the 'bad guy' but if it is time, it's time! Enjoy your newfound singlehood, focus on you and don't beat yourself up. I hope you're OK!

Skinnyelle I'd completely recommend a few days recovery. if you run yourself into the ground with diet/exercise/stress, you won't do anyone any favours.

ann Haha I remember those. I don't know if they still exist in the UK, i'm not a massive crisp fan (chocolate is my weakness!). No the weather is coldish but not raining. No more walking for me though, i've bought a bike and I'm doing hill climbs every morning (eek!)

Dorian Wow, nice boss! Enjoy!

I'm still doing fine.I've been too lazy to go to the supermarket the past few days so I've been eating really well. I went today though and bought Green & Blacks Maya Gold, so 50g later... Ahem. Nevermind. I'm getting workouts on my bike though and am dealing with the stress of teacher training quite well so far. I am missing my boyfriend a lot though, so I'm trying to keep busy with sport and stuff instead of stuffing my face with sweets to make myself feel better... Have a nice weekend!

ange82much 09-15-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ange82much (Post 4032785)
I've been strict with the eating and done about the same cardio as you daily and i'm also up a full lb from last week as reminded by my scales 5 days in a row now.

Yep, that'd be right.... Yesterday i did no exercise, i ate more than normal through the day, i went out at night and had a big meal out and drank about a bottle of wine, and today i'm down a full 2.5lbs!

I'll take it, but where's the justice!?!

indiblue 09-15-2011 08:20 PM

Hey dorian, how long did it take you to lose the water weight? I'm going through something similar right now and it's really bothering me! I was at 124.4 last Saturday, ballooned up to 128.8 that night and have been between 126-128.8 for the past week. Have felt bloated and just gross :(. This morning I just weighed in at 125.8 pre-morning bathroom activities... so I'm hoping post-bathroom I'll be at 124something again... we'll see :-/

Anyway I'm trying not to freak out, but it's hard. Not just the gain, but the bloat- all over! So frustrating.

krampus 09-16-2011 02:35 AM

Tomorrow (today I guess, I'd better go to bed) I'm going on a 12 mile walk. But at the end of my walk I'm meeting my newish hiking/eating buddy and we're going to one of three buffets - Asian supermarket hot food buffet, Indian lunch buffet, or organic health food co-op for picnic provisions. Good thing I have a night of dancing with a new girlfriend planned ahead...

Dorian5 09-16-2011 09:12 AM

Yes, angry scale today -- At dinner I had 4 glasses of wine, some cheese and crackers, pan seared red snapper in butter and lots of roasted veggies. I only ate about half of my entree though, and I do believe that I was at maintenance, or pretty close to it. No dessert. :)

There was a guy visiting from Russia that was out to dinner, I picked his brain a little about the food -- he said the portions here are easily TWICE as big as they are where he lives. Sheesh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiblue (Post 4034516)
Hey dorian, how long did it take you to lose the water weight? I'm going through something similar right now and it's really bothering me! I was at 124.4 last Saturday, ballooned up to 128.8 that night and have been between 126-128.8 for the past week. Have felt bloated and just gross :(. This morning I just weighed in at 125.8 pre-morning bathroom activities... so I'm hoping post-bathroom I'll be at 124something again... we'll see :-/

Anyway I'm trying not to freak out, but it's hard. Not just the gain, but the bloat- all over! So frustrating.

Hmm, it usually takes me 2 or 3 days to lose it -- I make sure to drink a TON of water, tea, things like that, and watch my sodium. TOM water weight will drop off of me overnight suddenly. I'm sorry you're having trouble! I can't imagine why it would stick around that long, blech! That sounds awful -- I'm glad to see it's getting better, though. You'll probably have a whoosh soon. :hug:

Keep it up everyone!

indiblue 09-16-2011 02:06 PM

Thanks dorian. I think I probably didn't drink enough water and ate too much sodium AFTER my big sodium intake on Saturday... which is what prolonged it. I've been downing water today now like crazy, so we'll see what happens in the AM... it may take another day or so :-/

OhThePlaces 09-16-2011 09:37 PM

Claire, that's to funny... I just bought Ezra 'Room On the Broom' last week! I taught second grade before having kids, so I have a small obsession with books. :)

Krampus, hope you had fun with your hiking, eating and dancing today!

I had a reeeeally bad day yesterday and totally binged on cake and ice cream last night. :( I picked myself up today though and didn't dwell. I also went shopping for some work slacks (I work one day a week as a children's director at a church). I went to New York and Company and expected to get a 6. I was pleasantly surprised that all of the 4's fit perfectly! Vanity sizing? Maybe... but it made me feel good. Hah

ange82much 09-17-2011 06:50 PM

Ok, i'm at the bit, 3 weeks in to the diet, where the easy stuff has come off and we're starting the hard slog.

Only 0.5lb off this week and the scales are up and down so that's my best guess of what i really am compared with last week.

I'm also at that stage where i can't really see any convincing changes but there are small changes to how my clothes fit etc, so one minute i'm feeling good about looking a bit better, and next minute i'm in despair about how big my hips and stomach are and there's so much left to lose and i've not achieved anything!

I went out for a run this morning and it was really hard work. I suspect it's because i've recently started the weights again (Pump classes) and i guess i cranked up the weights for both lunges and squats on Friday and the after effects are kicking in, but it certainly wasn't the pleasant run-round i was anticipating!

Off to meet friends for picnic in the park soon though, so i'll have to show some restraint on the champagne/crisps/snacks front. Sigh.

Dorian5 09-19-2011 08:36 AM

I ate and drank all weekend again. Ugh! Not enough to really gain anything, it was probably around 2000 each day and I did a lot of walking on Saturday while tailgating. But still, sheesh!

I also found out over the weekend that I am actually 5'4" -- so that's exciting, it makes me feel thinner. I'm not sure if I'm going to change my goal yet or not. I wore some fitted jeans out to dinner with my boyfriend's parents yesterday and they felt awful and tight, I think I still would like to maintain 115-120.

Back to 1300 calories this week and hoping that next weekend can be different! :dizzy:

TheManekiNeko 09-19-2011 01:47 PM

Today I went shopping. And for the first time in a very long while I actually enjoyed the experience. It was getting ridiculous some of the jeans I have now are so huge they pretty much drop if I don't wear a belt.

And every size 10 I tried on fit, and not only that but comfortably. So I ended up only buying a pair of jeans because I'm thinking very soon I might be a size 8, which is one of my first goals :)

ann71 09-19-2011 04:12 PM

uhoh. I hadn't weighed myself in about three weeks, because my eating's been so bad. But my clothes were definitely tighter. Sure enough, I'm back up to 168. That's no good. Time to get back on track!

OhThePlaces 09-19-2011 04:35 PM

I've been terrible these last few days... why is so hard lately??!

One NSV though... I went to New York and Company the other day to buy some work slacks (I'm a SAHM, but I work one morning a week as a nursery coordinator) and I was really frustrated that they didn't have a single pair of 6 regulars in ANY color or style.... well I finally grabbed a size 4 knowing they'd be way too tight... to my surprise, they fit perfectly and I bought two pairs!