Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/148/135

Height: 5'5"

Skinny jeans. Or jeggings. I just have a really wide rear end... Haha! It makes my butt and hips look gigantic, and not in the sexy J. Lo way... More like in the flat'n'wide sort of way. I have a narrow torso, too, so that just intensifies the reality with a really distorted illusion that I'm normal on top and twice as big on bottom.

I also can't wear ANYTHING without a bra. My ladies are fine (more than fine, in a nice bra!), but they they'll never be described as "perky".
Lula Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I have never looked good with my shirt tucked in -- even at my thinnest and certainly not at my heaviest.

Anything that displays my upper thighs is not good for me. There are "chipmunk cheeks" (now with wrinkles!) at the top of my inner thighs. I am going to try a noninvasive procedure in a month to see if they can be improved.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #18  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khat View Post
I can't wear strapless dresses. I have this weird armpit fat thing going and it just doesn't look right when I put it on.. .
This
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #19  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

Skinnies... my legs and hips are just fine and everything but my rump just isn't cut out for it. I'm fine with how I am, but look better in other things!
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #20  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

I'm pear shaped which means I'm a size 6 on top. And a 8 or 10 on the bottom.

Not an option: short shorts, jumpers, mini skirts, prints on the bottom, or jeans w/o tons of spandex!

But the trade off is I usually look good in wrap dresses, belted clothing, anything tailored and cinched at the waist.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Skinny jeans-my legs will always be too thick.

And high boots because my calves are too large! I know that some brands make them in "wide" though, but only certain styles.
kwrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #22  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Strapless is not a good look for me. I have big boobs (34DD) and after having two babies in two years, it sadly takes some work to keep them up where they should be! When we're sure we're done having babies, I want a reduction & lift.

Same goes for ruffles on the bust and empire waist anything.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePlaces View Post
Strapless is not a good look for me. I have big boobs (34DD) and after having two babies in two years, it sadly takes some work to keep them up where they should be! When we're sure we're done having babies, I want a reduction & lift.

Same goes for ruffles on the bust and empire waist anything.
+1
Jeans. Why is it so hard to fit jeans?
I try to avoid jeans that rise too high. I'm not a 3" so-low you have to shave kind of girl but all the mid-rise and above <6" rise all assume that I have a size 6 waist to go with my size 6 hips and make me look pudgy. I'm damn proud of my 28" waist but being 38"-28"-36" means higher-waist pants that flatter my *** are too small at waist and pants that fit my waist are saggy and deflated over my non-existent booty. I miss my booty
I also generally find that the proportions are off between thighs and booty. I have some great, thigh-clingy jeans that make my legs look slim, but they have NO butt room. So I guess my response is "jeans suck!"
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 148/122/119

Height: 5'7.5"

I seriously thought I was the only person with an armpit fat problem. It's mainly the right armpit. I have more fat on my armpit than my stomach. I've accepted it now however and don't mind too much if it shows as long as what I am wearing doesn't highlight it.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #25  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I seriously thought I was the only person with an armpit fat problem. It's mainly the right armpit. I have more fat on my armpit than my stomach. I've accepted it now however and don't mind too much if it shows as long as what I am wearing doesn't highlight it.
You might find this blog interesting: http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

Basically, underarm fat is normally from a poorly fitting bra.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 280/183/140 (lowest 168)

Height: 5'7

Despite how fat I've been, I can always wear a cardigan.
No matter how thin I get, I don't think I will ever be able to wear a white tshirt.
Panacea86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I look like a crack ho in skinny jeans..they never, ever look right on me. Empire waisted anything makes me look like I have a bun in the oven. I also cannot wear those boxy looking pancho things so many women are wearing this season. I look like I should be playing for the Patriots or something.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/212/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khat View Post
I can't wear strapless dresses. I have this weird armpit fat thing going and it just doesn't look right when I put it on.. I also can't wear skirts that end above the knees. But dresses that end above the knee are fine. Weird ..
LOL "armpit fat"
This made me laugh! Oh the dreaded armpit fat... I have this as well!

I never have been able to wear shorts even at my thinnest of 130ish.... and I certainly cannot wear them now!
PearlElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #29  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I have this problem too and I don't know if it'll go away. Mine is more prominate on the left side. I hate it. Tube tops won't look good on me with these armpit fats rolling over the top.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #30  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler832 View Post
I have this problem too and I don't know if it'll go away. Mine is more prominate on the left side. I hate it. Tube tops won't look good on me with these armpit fats rolling over the top.
Ladies please get a bra fitting done!

I just can't repeat this enough!!!!

Quote:
You might find this blog interesting: http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

Basically, underarm fat is normally from a poorly fitting bra.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote