3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Less is more as you lose weight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/240910-less-more-you-lose-weight.html)

fitmom 08-15-2011 09:48 AM

Less is more as you lose weight

Have any of you Feather adopted the 'less is more' approach to your beauty routine as you've lost weight?

When I was heavier, I used to make absolutely certain I would never leave my house without a fully made-up face, hair styled just so and manicured nails. My thought process was that maybe people would focus on my pretty nails or new lipstick and not see how much fuller my face had become or my lower belly pooch. Obviously, I was deep in denial. :lol:

Do you find yourself (as you've gotten thinner) paring down your daily beauty routine? Now don't misunderstand me, I'm still a high-maintenance gal; I love wearing makeup and doing my hair/nails but every once in awhile I'll throw caution to the winds, so to speak. I go out sometimes to the grocery store with my yoga pants and running t-shirt with natural nails and minimal makeup on. And at my age, minimal makeup is a big deal, lol. It's funny how when you lose some weight and get more comfortable with your body that suddenly those things seem almost well, silly.

What about the rest of you?

skinnyelle39 08-15-2011 09:56 AM

fitmom Im definitely more comfortable with a bare face and less than perfectly done hair when Im going out! I think my face has slimmed down a lot and defining features, like my cheekbones, are much more pronounced. So I feel naturally prettier bc my face/ bone structure is now doing the work the make up used to do.

mamamorgan 08-15-2011 10:02 AM

Ha, I am actually the completely opposite. Since I have been getting into better shape, I find myself taking the time and money to actually get my hair highlighted, something I have never done. The first time ever, was about a month ago. I have also been getting my toes done for a few months. Before, I was a new mom, with a newborn and had barely any time for myself (or I didn't make the time, didn't care) and through my son growing (getting older, more independent) and me getting more time for myself to take better care of myself I have been adding in things like getting my nails done, etc. Me dieting and exercising has been a way to get back in control. So I suppose all the other things I have naturally fallen in line like getting my nails, hair, and make up all done.

fitmom 08-15-2011 10:04 AM

skinnyelle39: If I had your gorgeous face, I would go out without makeup daily, lol. I truly mean that. :) I'm a wee bit older than you so I don't think at this point I could go totally makeup-free (except when exercising, lol) without scaring people. Minimal makeup for me is: mascara, foundation, powder and lipgloss.

Also, I forgot to add that I'm in desperate need of a haircut and highlights (going in two weeks) and it's been so hot and humid so I've been wearing my bangs clipped to one side off my face (which is not a normal look for me). My hubby looked at me the other day and was like, 'I love your hair like that b/c now I can actually see your pretty face'. I was floored b/c I was thinking that I looked ridiculous or something like that, lol.

banananutmuffin 08-15-2011 10:18 AM

I am like mamamorgan: the thinner I get, the more I do to myself.

But, to be honest, I am a low maintenance kind of girl. I rarely wear makeup. If Hubby and I got out to dinner, I might put on some mascara and lipstick. I never put on makeup for errands or church or anything like that... I'm just too lazy! lol My hair is the same: wash and air dry, with a quick brushing when it's dry.... and usually yanked back in a ponytail. It's long (past middle of my back) with some long layers cut into it, so it's pretty maintenance free. I paint my toenails in the summer because I wear sandals a lot, but rarely my fingernails because a manicure lasts one day for me.

I still have tons of clothes from when I was thinner, so as I get closer to goal I will probably pull them out. I am not a clothes horse, exactly, but I do like to wear clothes that are stylish and fit me well.

Truthfully, I CAN'T WAIT to be able to fit in the little dresses and tight jeans that I used to wear. I am dying to look good in clothes again.

skinnyelle39 08-15-2011 10:43 AM

fitmom thank you! You are always so generous with the compliments! Im wearing makeup in photo and can assure you I dont look like that without it, lol!

fivestone 08-18-2011 03:00 PM

Hmm. I hadn't thought about it, but yes. Sure, there's a certain level of 'cute' I aim to maintain, but I sure don't bend over backwards trying to achieve it. I may put on makeup, I may not. Either way, it's all good. :)