Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 136/ CW 136/ GW 125

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb 11 Pounds in 56 days (8 weeks) 136 to 125 pounds

Hi all,

I have been inspired to kick start my weight loss today after stumbling across this website a few weeks ago and seeing all the success stories.

I am going on holidays in 8 weeks time and plan to lose (appox) 11 pounds.
The only thing is my problem with the types of food i put into my mouth, especially during stressful periods and due to boredom. I do an average amount of exercise each week which only would consist of walking my dog. I have joined a spinning class earlier this year but as i joined alone eventually lost interest and stopped. I can lose weight quote quickly but I just need support, ideas and lots of motivation so I guess this is a good place to start. Any tips please pass on!

A.

annie2812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/140/120

Height: 5'2"

I am going to a similiar goal... 140 to 120. I have been at a pleateau for about a week and am trying to got off of it. I am going to do a solid hike this morning to re-jump start whatever caused me to stall. I am doing 1200 calories a day with 30 minutes exercise a day.

Good luck! So exciting!
goingfor120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I'm going back to uni in September and hope to lose 15 lbs by then. I'll be running 4 times a week and watching my portions. We can do it!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/130/120

Height: 5 ft 4"

The best tip I can give you? Start running! I've only recently restarted and omg the feeling you get is AMAZING! I actually go to bed looking forward to my morning exercise instead of dreading it like I normally do. A good challenge to set yourself if you really wanna lose weight is to aim for 1000 calories a day burned through exercise. I know it's a lot but if you're the competitive type like me then you'll do just about ANYTHING by the end of the day to meet your goal. Also doing pilates is GREAT for toning up and slimming down your entire body and can actually help you go down a dress size even without any weight loss. I aim to do an hour pilates day, at least 5K run a day, stay as active as possible during the day (maybe go over my ballet barre work while the soups cooking) and limit my calories to around 1500
Chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #5  

Thanks for the replies!! i have heard running is the best form of exercise to assist in the weight loss? will maybe do 1 session of spin circuits also a week. looking forward to tomorrow morning now i have a sponsored 5 km dog walk with a local organisation and will hopefully go for a walk/jog in the evening again all going well. tomorrow will be my first day aiming for restricted calorie intake of 1200 - have worked this out with FITDAY for my weight/height.

i just have to resist putting so much food into my mouth!!!! will have to buy a few packets of gum!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

Switch it up Different workouts, including strength training, are the best way to lose fat. I second what Chooks said. Run, run, run!! It does feel great. And throwing in a spinning class will keep your body from getting to used to the workouts. I think walking is fantastic too, but you may not be getting much from doing the same thing over and over. You need to build muscle to burn more fat. You CAN do it! GL!
skinny fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #7  

feeling a bit bloated today... did a 5km walk this morning and have reduced calories but not to my aim of 1200!! Weekends make is just so hard to stick to a healthy eating plan but my intentions are good for tomorrow. going to try cut out all sugar/white/processed foods... see how i will go .
Old 07-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #8  

If you want some tips on how to stay fuller fro longer then I suggest upping your protein intake to around 80g a day as protein takes more energy to digest and it stays in the stomach for longer. It's what I do and honestly I am never hungry. Like EVER. And my cravings have been reduced to practically nothing.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #9  

thats a tip i will try. had an awful day at work the monday blue in addition to that and BAM - a huge binge the minute i got in the door. Great i ate an apple on the way home but this made me even hungrier i have such bad discipline... i had great intentions of making a healthy yummy dinner (inspiration from -
skinny taste . com) but have ruined it. DAY 1 Begins again tomorrow!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #10  

You can do it! Just think of tomorrow as the start of a whole new you :3