3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   A Small But Glorious Victory (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/236940-small-but-glorious-victory.html)

skinny fast 06-30-2011 01:46 PM

A Small But Glorious Victory

My scale read 126.6 this morning, so first of all I think I've bounced back from my relapse (not working out for 3 days and binging for 4 :o ). I worked out hardcore this week :D That's my first bit of good news...

But better than that I actually went to the pool today! :cool: I had SUCH a great time. I haven't been since June 2010 when my weight started climbing. I did wear my Spanx suit, but I didn't feel as self conscious as I thought I would. I even got a bathing suit tan going on! (not just an outdoor exercise tan)

Happy Summer to Me! :carrot:

ShanIAm 06-30-2011 01:49 PM

That's fabulous! And I am so envious that you felt comfortable in your bathing suit. I hope to be there too in another 10 pounds. Not likely this summer but definitely next! Oh, I do have a Florida beach trip planned in September so maybe that will be my goal! :D

You have inspired me -- THANKS!

Happy Summer to you!!

skinny fast 06-30-2011 03:21 PM

Thanks! You can do it! My beach trip is my mini goal, so I say go for it. It's super motivating, losing for a vacation.

And I have to say it felt AMAZING to get out of my head and play & swim with my kiddos at the pool. Believe me, I know how it feels to be too uncomfortable to go, but if you can do that- get out of your head and just do it, you may be shocked at how good you feel! JMO.

mortonpixie 06-30-2011 03:25 PM

Great news! Keep up the great work and LOVING YOU!!

Dianne042425 06-30-2011 04:36 PM

Congrats little lady!!!!

How long did it take you to kick the water weight gone?

Chooks 06-30-2011 05:12 PM

Congrats! Told you you'd do it! :D

skinny fast 06-30-2011 06:23 PM

Thanks, Chooks!!!!! You were a big help ;)

skinny fast 06-30-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne042425 (Post 3915095)
Congrats little lady!!!!

How long did it take you to kick the water weight gone?

This is embarrassing, stay w/me :)

I basically binged from last Friday night through Monday night. And tho I usually exercise a good bit daily, I skipped Sat-Mon. So Wed. of last week I weighed 127, Tues. morning of this week I weighed 133.4. But working out hard Tues & Wed, staying really active Tues through today, and eating >1400 cals each day got my weight to 126.6 today. So, hope that helped, lol, but to make it more simple in 3 days of trying really, really hard I lost the water weight :)

= nearly a week and a half of lost time

OhThePlaces 06-30-2011 10:55 PM

That's so great! Especially about hitting the pool! I'll be going to the beach on Sunday and for the first time ever, I think I'll feel pretty confident in my swimsuit... I can't even imagine! I'm looking forward to playing in the sand with my toddler without worrying about how fat my butt or legs look!

BTW, I just saw an ad for Spanx swimsuits in a magazine at the gym today... I want one!

Dianne042425 07-01-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny fast (Post 3915290)
This is embarrassing, stay w/me :)

I basically binged from last Friday night through Monday night. And tho I usually exercise a good bit daily, I skipped Sat-Mon. So Wed. of last week I weighed 127, Tues. morning of this week I weighed 133.4. But working out hard Tues & Wed, staying really active Tues through today, and eating >1400 cals each day got my weight to 126.6 today. So, hope that helped, lol, but to make it more simple in 3 days of trying really, really hard I lost the water weight :)

= nearly a week and a half of lost time

haha thanks for that. I am trying to figure out if my weight gain is a real gain or water weight. So I am using you as a gauge. Unfortunatley though, I have been on my new diet since Monday and am not back down to where I was. So I think its def a gain. Waa! OH well. Back on the wagon and CONGRATS to you for getting back on too!!!

skinny fast 07-01-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne042425 (Post 3916109)
haha thanks for that. I am trying to figure out if my weight gain is a real gain or water weight. So I am using you as a gauge. Unfortunatley though, I have been on my new diet since Monday and am not back down to where I was. So I think its def a gain. Waa! OH well. Back on the wagon and CONGRATS to you for getting back on too!!!

What's your new diet? Maybe check your sodium intake? I've kept mine in check for only 2 days and I think most of my "weight" loss is b/c of that.

skinny fast 07-01-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhThePlaces (Post 3915610)
BTW, I just saw an ad for Spanx swimsuits in a magazine at the gym today... I want one!

Oh I love my 2 Spanx suits!! I have a one-piece and a tankini. They really make cute and flattering suits. You would think they might be too conservative or boring, but they really make adorable styles!!

I highly recommend them ;)