Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #16  

Hi ladies

Just thought I'd check in, I've been avoiding the forum for a while b/c i've just been stalled forever. Really started kicking my workouts into gear lately, and finally saw that scale budge!

but the gym scale says something different then my home scale so I'm not really sure which to believe. It's actually a little stressful to not really know which is more accurate & makes it confusing to track progress. has anyone else had this happen?

anyways, everyone seems to be doing great! we gotta hold on and push through!

Last edited by Born This Way; 06-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Got down to 124, now back up between 125 and 126. Been pretty much perfect on my calories, but it's my birthday this weekend, so I plan to go a little bit over my allowance today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll see a whoosh! Wishful thinking probably...
Old 06-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Hi y'all.. I'm new here... felt a little lost till I found my way to the 'Featherweights' board which seems to be the place for me... yay!

My goal weight is 114 pounds (52 kg) and currently I'm 125 pounds (56.7kg).

I started out at 132 pounds early April at (60 kg) so I'm quite happy with how things are going

I haven't made radical changes to my diet but mostly trying to just cut out the unnecessary snacks, comfort eating and junk but I like to think I eat fairly sensibly anyway (most of the time). I am mostly focused on keeping a good balance of exercise (that I can maintain) and smart eating.

(Ticker coming soon (me hopes) and once I've done the required 'time/posts')

Last edited by Precious Little; 06-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Little View Post
Hi y'all.. I'm new here... felt a little lost till I found my way to the 'Featherweights' board which seems to be the place for me... yay!

My goal weight is 114 pounds (52 kg) and currently I'm 125 pounds (56.7kg).

I started out at 132 pounds early April at (60 kg) so I'm quite happy with how things are going

I haven't made radical changes to my diet but mostly trying to just cut out the unnecessary snacks, comfort eating and junk but I like to think I eat fairly sensibly anyway (most of the time). I am mostly focused on keeping a good balance of exercise (that I can maintain) and smart eating.

(Ticker coming soon (me hopes) and once I've done the required 'time/posts')
Welcome Precious! You might find that for featherweights, huge results can come from weight training rather than cardio. You might want to give it a shot!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi86 View Post
Welcome Precious! You might find that for featherweights, huge results can come from weight training rather than cardio. You might want to give it a shot!
Thanks I am currently incorporating free weights into my exercise but of course they have their limitations. I'm the type who prefers working out at home or at least in a private setting so I might have to see about hiring a PT in the future to get some weights training.

Last edited by Precious Little; 06-20-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hi all! I used to post on the old 120s board religiously and haven't really been active lately. I officially am 123 now... have weighed myself on 3 different scales. As I mentioned in the Feathers chat, I'm realizing now that I'm not going to be where I want in 3 lbs, and I'm probably looking at adjusting my goal to 115. Still... I'll wait till I get to my current goal (120), do a little celebration, and then buckle down for the last 5 lbs
Old 06-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #22  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

jndiblue - congrats on being so close! That's really exciting.

I am at 124.6 this morning. My losses have definitely slowed down but instead of losing at a steady pace I seem to stay the same weight for days and then drop a pound one night. Weird. But it's sticking so I'm alright with that.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 130/126.8/120

Hey All!

I weighed in at 126.8 yesterday and will be weighing myself once I get home today. Sadly, I had pizza for dinner last night and I'm feeling ridiculously guilty!

Nonetheless, moving on and having a better day today.

My short term goal is to get to 125 by July 4th. Must focus!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #24  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Y'all. I am SO. HUNGRY.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

bamagirl, same here! and if youre really at 124.6 right now, i am also at the same weight! ahaha ive been eating steak and potatoes and ice cream and cereal and lots of vegetables and fruits and such and i have not been satisfied in days! idk if i should stop bothering to eat or just keep eating to my fancy!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Oops, I just posted in the old thread as well. Interventionn, I left you a message there.

I am proud to be able to join this thread as of this morning, when I weighed in at 129.8! It's the first time that second digit has changed, I started at 140ish and bought the scales at 136, so I am thoroughly cheered by it.

Another copper IUD fan here. I don't do at all well with hormonal contraception, it's messed up my health big time, and I cannot afford the high pregnancy risk of barrier methods, so I think copper IUDs are wonderful things. It has increased the bleeding a bit, though I'm now taking starflower oil for that and I think it may be helping. I knew a woman who would be alive today had she not been on the Pill, which doesn't help my suspicion of messing around with hormones. If they invented hormonal contraception today and it was targeted at men, they'd never let it on the market, too many side effects. (Indeed, this is why male contraceptive methods apart from condoms never get off the ground.)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

I was at 125.8 this morning. About a 3 year low. I'm definitely not going to be totally happy at 125 so I'm going to continue to lose at my current snails pace for the forseeable future. I'm not being overly calorie restrictive so I feel like this is something I can do for the long haul without feeling deprived.

@Esofia: welcome to the club!
@BamaGirl - I'm the same way, I first saw 126 almost 3 weeks ago and I've just now seen 125.8, hoping to drop a pound this week since I'm due for it.
@Precious Little - sounds like you are already well on your way.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #28  
foodie

Hi Everyone!

I am new here. I am 120 as of today and I am trying to get down to 110. I find it so hard to lose the last 10 pounds, I feel like I work out non stop and eat fairly well but I can't seem to budge. What is everyone doing to make the weight come off?

Congrats to everyone here who seems to be doing amazingly well!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Hi!! I'm new here too, looking for a place to fit in @ 3FC.

I'm at 127.0 as of today but am aiming for 110ish. 10.4 lbs down, about 20 to go. With all the exercise I am doing and all the muscle I see building, I'm not sure if I can get as low as I would like, but only time will tell.

Good luck to all!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

big news, i weighed in at 123 today which is crazy because i thought i had eaten myself back up to over 125 in the past three weeks. i should just be thankful and use this as motivation and LOSE not maintain! i am going on vaca for a week starting Saturday so i will either use the fact that i am poor to my advantage and eat the bare minimum or i will end up snacking along with everyone else and eating out at restaurants. i dont want to stress myself too much about it!

Julia, is the copper IUD only for women who have already had at least one child? i read that somewhere, and hope it isn't true. and i also hear its quite expensive, which would probably even out however since it lasts for a long time (any idea how long?) I hate messing with my hormones as well, since i am a firm believer in nature always being right although i find it hard to follow my beliefs. so now i am on a low dose form of BC.

ellepotsie, how much have you lost already? how tall are you? what kind of foods do you eat? it will take some getting to know you to truly help so i am glad youre here. as for now and me "losing" weight, i am not doing anything. but i just want to focus now on eliminating snacking for the most part and keeping my ice cream indulgences to once a week! when i did lose the weight from over 130 pounds i really cut out carby foods and ate only during my meals, and sometimes i only ate once a day. i wasn't starving myself because i didnt have any cravings at the time. then i guess my BC changed that.

skinny fast, welcome! you are right about the number thing because you may see that you'll like how you look after weight training and exercising no matter what the number on the scale says.
Closed Thread